PDA

View Full Version : Making a Pariah (not 40k) [3.5]

Noedig
2010-04-30, 09:22 AM
So I was looking at my books last night and I saw a feat that gave you a fear aura, that could affect creatures up to X HD. Then I thought "Hmm, I'm going to build a class that makes me a Pariah."

The problem is I'm not terribly familiar with auras. I know there are few classes that give them, but they dont look very good (ie Dragon Shaman, Marshal, Divine Mind).

Important: I'd like to have a sort of "on/off" switch so I can actually interact with people if needed.

Can anybody give me a hand?

Last Laugh
2010-04-30, 09:32 AM
Pariah : one that is despised or rejected

erm?

from the warhammer wiki: Pariahs are created by fusing human victims who bear a 'pariah' gene, which severs the bearer from the warp, to Necron chassis. The pariah gene is extremely rare and confined to humanity meaning that Pariahs are relatively rare, even for Necrons. They have a severe detrimental effect on the psychic powers of any Psychers they come into contact with. Pariahs wield war scythes and Gauss blasters making them extremely dangerous opponents. They also radiate an unnatural aura which can have a severe unnerving effect upon their enemies, especially psykers. However, they lack the healing ability of most Necrons due to their human roots and according to Dawn of War still retain many of their fleshy human organs.

So you want a character with an aura of fear, wielding a scythe?

I don't know of any Auras of fear that aren't based on HD. (the ones based on HD are kinda bad)
Perhaps your character could use the intimidate skill instead of the aura? (or both)

I would gladly help you if I knew what you wanted.

Starbuck_II
2010-04-30, 09:37 AM
So I was looking at my books last night and I saw a feat that gave you a fear aura, that could affect creatures up to X HD. Then I thought "Hmm, I'm going to build a class that makes me a Pariah."

The problem is I'm not terribly familiar with auras. I know there are few classes that give them, but they dont look very good (ie Dragon Shaman, Marshal, Divine Mind).

Important: I'd like to have a sort of "on/off" switch so I can actually interact with people if needed.

Can anybody give me a hand?

Dread Necromancer has a fear aura and can wield scythe.

Last Laugh
2010-04-30, 09:56 AM
Edit: It's better to ignore everything that I've said and just click this link --->>> http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0 <<<--- clicky clicky click

Noedig
2010-04-30, 10:26 AM
Eh, perhaps Pariah was not the best word. Anathema maybe?

Last Laugh
2010-04-30, 11:05 AM
I'm just a lil confused now too.

howabout you describe what you want your character to be able to do?

The Hellbred race (from Fiendish Codex II I think) is the theme that you want?
There are plenty more races that make people dislike you (like elf)

Starbuck_II
2010-04-30, 11:11 AM
Fear Auras:
Dread Necro
Binder
Champion of Gwynharwyf (while raging)
Bard w/ Haunting Melody feat
Anyone w/Dreadful Wrath feat

Noedig
2010-04-30, 12:13 PM
Thanks for linking the Fear Handbook. Issue resolved.