PDA

View Full Version : I got a job!

Linkavitch
2010-04-30, 10:35 AM
And on the very same day I put the application in, too. And the first application I put in too. Anyway, I'll be selling Blizzards at the local DQ starting tomorrow.

TSGames
2010-04-30, 11:41 AM
Congratulations!

Out of curiosity, did your application look like this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs591.snc3/31177_1313931415520_1447710361_30837939_72849_n.jp g

;)

Linkavitch
2010-04-30, 01:09 PM
How'd you know? O.o

:smallamused:

deuxhero
2010-04-30, 01:15 PM
'hoy small fry! Good job (particularly as it's a real job, unlike some people...). What state?

Ikialev
2010-04-30, 01:31 PM
What is a DQ and how can you sell blizzards? :smallconfused:

Jack Squat
2010-04-30, 01:38 PM

DQ is short for a restaurant called Dairy Queen (http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/). They have a soft serve item called a Blizzard, which has bits of cookies, candy bars, or other junk food in them.

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-30, 01:40 PM
WOO!! Everybody do the gainful employment shuffle.

Mystic Muse
2010-04-30, 01:42 PM
DQ is short for a restaurant called Dairy Queen (http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/). They have a soft serve item called a Blizzard, which has bits of cookies, candy bars, or other junk food in them.

And they're absolutely delicious.(the cotton candy ones anyway.)

Deathslayer7
2010-04-30, 02:58 PM

He lies! :smallmad:

DQ stands for Down in Quebec which is a contractor for some sort of agency, forget the name, and whenever a blizzard occurs nearby, they have frost troopers go right into the middle of it when a bunch of gear to help them survive and grab a piece of it. They then preserve the piece of ice in a jar that is cooled to -50 Celsius and has a battery life of 48 hours. From there if they make it back it sells for millions. High risk job, but good pay.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-04-30, 05:06 PM
Kyuubi, all Blizzards are scrimdidlyumptious, no matter which ones they are, period. Linkavitch, you have to remember to always turn the Blizzard upside down before handing it to the customer, if you don't it's blasphemy.

Johel
2010-04-30, 05:16 PM
Congratulation !!
You are a very special person and your dreams matter to us.
We are happy that you found your place in this world

Have a cookie !! (::)

*crack a whip*

Now, back to work with the other drones !!
We'll see if that self-satisfied smile of yours last past the first week !!
Yeah... You got a job... Congratulation...

*Start laughing maniacally*

Kobold-Bard
2010-04-30, 05:25 PM
Congratulation !!
You are a very special person and your dreams matter to us.
We are happy that you found your place in this world

Have a cookie !! (::)

*crack a whip*

Now, back to work with the other drones !!
We'll see if that self-satisfied smile of yours last past the first week !!
Yeah... You got a job... Congratulation...

*Start laughing maniacally*

You worked in retail I take it :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2010-04-30, 05:45 PM
Kyuubi, all Blizzards are scrimdidlyumptious, no matter which ones they are, period. Linkavitch, you have to remember to always turn the Blizzard upside down before handing it to the customer, if you don't it's blasphemy.

I'll have to take your word for this. I've only ever head the cotton candy and the cheesecake blizzards. Cotton candy was better IMHO. But then, I love cotton candy flavored stuff.

Moff Chumley
2010-04-30, 06:25 PM
You worked in retail I take it :smalltongue:

This post wins you one (1) internetz. Congratulations, m'boy. :smallcool:

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-01, 04:31 AM
This post wins you one (1) internetz. Congratulations, m'boy. :smallcool:

Excellent, I shall save it for the zombie apocalypse and then put it to use.

Linkavitch
2010-05-01, 05:12 PM
Got done at 5 today. Unfortunately, the window I serve stuff out of isn't big enough to safely flip Blizzards upside down :( But, I made $40, so I'm not complainin'.

alchemyprime
2010-05-02, 02:02 PM

Tell that to the DQs in my hometown. THEY NEVER DO IT! Stupid Southern California weather... they do it in Vegas, why not here?

EmeraldRose
2010-05-02, 02:04 PM
I'd like to order a Butterfinger Blizzard please.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-02, 02:06 PM
What's the "flipping blizzards upside down" joke?

EmeraldRose
2010-05-02, 02:08 PM
It's supposed to be a way that DQ shows how incredibly thick and yummy the ice cream is. It doesn't fall out of the cup when turned upside down...

Linkavitch
2010-05-02, 04:07 PM
I'd like to order a Butterfinger Blizzard please.

If your willing to pay for shipping, sure. Where do you live? I live in Northern MI.

EmeraldRose
2010-05-02, 06:28 PM
Twin Cities. Although I think there's probably several hundred stores between here and there. Nevermind, I have Ben & Jerry's Peanut Brittle that I just picked up.

Congrat on the new job though :smallbiggrin: