PDA

View Full Version : Class suggestions for a demigod PC of JUSTICE

Barbarian MD
2010-04-30, 01:09 PM
Greetings Playgrounders!

I'm building a 30 class level, 20 HD deity of Justice, and I'm looking for class suggestions.

Character concept: he was once a king (think Solomon), and now he serves to judge the dead before they go to their respective deity's afterlife.

Paladin seems a pretty obvious choice, but I'm actually looking for something more LAWFUL than moral. I'd also like ideas with class features that give tracking of outlaws, inquisition skills, that sort of thing.

Any ideas?

Ranos
2010-04-30, 01:12 PM
So, why are you statting him out ?
God-killing campaign ?

Anyway, a god knows stuff about his portfolio. With a powerful enough god, he even knows that stuff before it happens. Give him the justice portfolio, and he'll know about notable outlaws, where and when a notable crime happens, etc.

Go full on lawful Stupid with him, and claim that he's simply relying on his own power now rather than another entitie's

Paladins get their powers from Good, not a higher entity. As a god though, his paladin powers are meaningless compared to his divine ones. He probably wouldn't even notice the fall.

krossbow
2010-04-30, 01:13 PM
If he's a God himself now, he should be able to permanently empower himself so he can never fall.

Go full on lawful Stupid with him, and claim that he's simply relying on his own power now rather than another entitie's

Barbarian MD
2010-04-30, 01:25 PM
There's a PbP lesser deity game recruiting on the boards. It will be HEAVILY roleplay, so I'm not worried about the rocket tag combat that exists at those levels, but we're still stating them out.

Ranos
2010-04-30, 01:33 PM
There's a PbP lesser deity game recruiting on the boards. It will be HEAVILY roleplay, so I'm not worried about the rocket tag combat that exists at those levels, but we're still stating them out.
Oh.
I see. How about a crusader then ? Get yourself Cha 29 for alter reality, this will make up for the fact that you're not a full caster in a high level game. It will also, incidentally, let you locate those criminals and whatever with divinations. And then I'd suggest Knows secrets to know everything about everyone and be able to judge them adequately.

~LuckyBoneDice~
2010-04-30, 01:35 PM
Crusader is great, as is Paladin of Justice or Tyranny. And make him blind.

Kalaska'Agathas
2010-04-30, 01:48 PM
Crusader works really well with Lawful (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=551.0) Incarnate (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=6920.0). And Incarnate is supposed to be whatever aspect of alignment system they take, well, incarnate, so it fits very well fluff wise with a God of Justice. Combine with Wizard/Sorcerer and Soulcaster and maybe ToB + Jade Phoenix Mage, or Cleric/Archivist and Perhaps Sapphire Hierarch and ToB + RKV to taste.