PDA

View Full Version : Wasteland Warriors(base class+2 Prestige classes, 3.5 PEACH) Now with feats!

PersonMan
2010-04-30, 04:29 PM
Note: These classes are being redone here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11570144#post11570144)

The Wastelander

Wastelanders are those who have survived the perils of the Desert Ring long enough to gain skills and abilities needed to live for longer amounts of time.

Class Skills
The Wastelander's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are....
Handle Animal(Cha), Heal(Wis), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Spot(Wis), Survival(Wis) and Tumble(Dex)
Skills Points at Each Level: 4 + int

Hit Dice: d12

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+2|
+0|Survival, Toughness, Slay 1/day

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+3|
+0|Track, Evasion, Resilience

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+1|Damage Pool, Reduce Damage

4th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+1|Endurance, Endure Elements

5th|
+3|
+4|
+4|
+1|Slay 2/day, Ignore Effects

6th|
+4|
+5|
+5|
+2|Enhanced Senses, Spell Resistance

7th|
+5|
+5|
+5|
+2|Resistance

8th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+6|
+2|Greater Survival

9th|
+6/+1|
+6|
+6|
+3|DR 3/-

10th|
+7/+2|
+7|
+7|
+3|Slay 3/day

11th|
+8/+3|
+7|
+7|
+3|DR 4/-

12th|
+9/+4|
+8|
+8|
+4|Impossible Survival

13th|
+9/+4|
+8|
+8|
+4|DR 5/-

14th|
+10/+5|
+9|
+9|
+4|Supreme Senses

15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+9|
+9|
+5|Slay 4/day, DR 6/-

16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+5|Improved Toughness

17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+5| DR 7/-

18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+11|
+6|Improved Evasion

19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+6|DR 8/-

20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+6|Slay 5/day, Invulnerable Form[/table]

Weapon Proficiencies: The Wastelander gains proficiency with all simple and martial weapons. They are also proficient with light armor, medium armor and shields.

Survival(Ex): At first level a Wastelander gains the ability to force their body back into life even when they are on the brink of death. If a Wastelander is below 0 hit points, if they are able to stabilize they also heal a number of hit points equal to ½ of their Wastelander level.

Toughness(Ex): At first level a Wastelander gains incredible stamina and constitution. They gain 1 extra hit point per level and, if rolling for hit points, cannot receive less than the average roll for their hit die. They also gain a bonus to resisting nonlethal damage(such as from a forced march) equal to twice their Wastelander level. This bonus also applies to Constitution checks to continue running, to hold your breath, etc.

Slay(Ex): At first level a Wastelander gains the ability to down enemies in one strike. Once per day, they can deal far more damage than normal. They gain a bonus to hit and damage equal to 1.5xtheir Wastelander level. This ability can be used an extra time per day every five levels.

Track(Ex): A Wastelander gains the Track feat as a bonus feat at second level.

Evasion(Ex): At 2nd level a Wastelander becomes much more able to dodge attacks, taking no damage from an ability that allows a save for 1/2 damage on a successful save. This ability does not work when the Wastelander is helpless or unconscious.

Resilience(Ex): At 2nd level a Wastelander becomes more able to resist effects. They get Great Fortitude as a bonus feat, and can choose between Lightning Reflexes and Iron Will at level 5, and choose the remaining one at level 7.

Damage Pool(Ex): At 3rd level a Wastelander can heal a certain amount of damage equal to their Wastelander level times their Constitution modifier. Healing damage is a move action. The healing can be split up into any number of heals. A Wastelander's Damage Pool is refilled after a complete rest cycle.

Reduce Damage(Ex): At 3rd level a Wastelander can ignore some damage from attacks. Once per round, when they take damage, they can make a Fortitude save(DC=damage dealt) to ignore an amount of damage equal to their Wastelander level from that attack. This can reduce the amount of damage taken to 0.

Endurance(Ex): At 4th level a Wastelander gains the Endurance feat as a bonus feat.

Endure Elements(Ex): A Wastelander can live comfortably in hot or cold environments, starting at 4th level. The range of comfortable temperatures are from -40 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.

Ignore Effects(Ex): At 5th level a Wastelander becomes more able to simply ignore the damaging effects of spells or other abilities. Whenever a Wastelander successfully makes a save against a spell or other ability and would take damage or receive any sort of negative effect anyways, they can ignore it.

Enhanced Senses(Ex): At sixth level a Wastelander gains incredible senses. A Wastelander gains a bonus to Listen and Spot equal to ½ of their Wastelander level.

Spell Resistance(Ex): At sixth level a Wastelander gains a small amount of complete resistance to spells. They gain spell resistance equal to 10+their Wastelander level. This resistance can be lowered to allow friendly spells, but only once per round. Lowering spell resistance is a free action.

Resistance(Ex): A Wastelander gains an innate ability to ignore damage from energy attacks. At 7th level they can ignore an amount of damage from one energy type equal to 4+1/2 their Wastelander level. At 14th level they choose another energy type, and gain resistance against it equal to 1/2 of their first choice. At 18th level they choose a third energy type and gain resistance to it equal to 2/3 of their second choice.

Greater Survival(Ex): As a Wastelander has more brushes with death, he becomes more able to resist its clutches. At eight level a Wastelander now makes a Fortitude save (DC 15+HD) to stabilize and heal 2d8+Con mod hit points. However, if he uses this ability a Wastelander cannot also use Survival.

Damage Reduction(Ex): At 9th level a Wastelander gains the ability to simply ignore small amounts of damage. This damage reduction stacks with that from any other source.

Impossible Survival(Ex): At twelfth level a Wastelander eventually gains an impossible ability to come back from the near-dead. Instead of stabilizing normally, a Wastelander can make a DC (20+HD) Fortitude save to instead gain their Wastelander level in hit points, followed by gaining twice their Constitution modifier in temporary hit points. Also, if a Wastelander fails their save against a save-or-die effect, they are instead reduced to -5 hit points and stable.

Supreme Senses(Ex): At 14th level a Wastelander's senses become even sharper, and their bonuses to spot and Listen become 3/4 their Wastelander level.

Improved Toughness(Ex): At 16th level, a Wastelander becomes even more able to take physical punishment. The Wastelander gains 1/2 of their Wastelander level in extra HP(round down) every level, starting at 16th.

Improved Evasion(Ex): As the Rogue special ability, a Wastelander of 18th level or higher takes no damage on a successful Reflex save for 1/2 damage, and takes 1/2 damage even if they fail the save.

Invulnerable Form(Ex): At 20th level, a Wastelander gains the ability to temporarily become nearly indestructible. For a number of rounds per day equal to their Constitution modifier, they can enter their Invulnerable Form. This gives them Fast Healing 10, DR 15/-, +2 spell resistance and a +8 morale bonus to all saves. After using this ability, a Wastelander can take only a single move action for two rounds.

PersonMan
2010-04-30, 04:30 PM
Wasteland Slayer

Requirements

BAB +6
Slay Class Feature 2/day
Special: Must have killed 6 creatures with the Slay Ability.

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d10

Class Skills:
Handle Animal(Cha), Heal(Cha), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Spot(Wis), Survival(Wis), Tumble(Dex)
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Superior Slay 1/day, Slay+1/day

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Bleeding Wounds, Slowing Wounds

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Slay +2/day, Superior Slay 2/day

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Crippling Wounds, Rend

5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Slay +3/day, Superior Slay 3/day[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: A wasteland slayer gains no proficiency with weapons or armor.

Slay(Ex): As wastelander ability. These stack with your wastelander level for determining Slay bonuses.

Superior Slay(Ex): A wasteland slayer gains the ability to augment their Slay ability with extra damage. Superior Slays deal normal Slay damage, but for deal an additional 1d4 points of damage per class level.

Bleeding Wounds(Ex): At second level, a wasteland slayer can attack in such a way that their enemies are left with horrible, bleeding wounds. Whenever a wasteland slayer uses the Slay ability, they can choose(before the attack is rolled) to forgo Slay bonuses and instead deal 2 points of Constitution damage on a successful hit.

Slowing Wounds(Ex): At second level a Wasteland Slayer can choose to slow and hamper a creature's movements with their strikes. As with the Bleeding Wounds ability, they forgo Slay bonuses to deal 2 points of Dexterity damage and reduce their target's speed by 10'.

Crippling Wounds(Ex): At 4th level, a wasteland slayer can choose to slice tendons and muscles with their attacks. As with the Bleeding Wounds ability, they forgo Slay bonuses to deal 2 points of Strength damage on a successful hit.

Rend(Ex): At 4th level, a wasteland slayer deals more damage upon hitting multiple times. If a wasteland slayer hits a target more than once in a single round, the target takes an additional 1d8+1.5xStr modifier points of damage, of the same type as is normally dealt by whatever weapon the wasteland slayer wields..

PersonMan
2010-04-30, 04:31 PM
Wasteland Survivor

Requirements
BAB +3
Slay Class Feature
Survival Class feature
Ignore Effects class feature
or
Mettle class feature
{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+0|+2|+2|+0|Slay +1/day, Superior Toughness

2nd|+1|+3|+3|+0|Damage Pool, Spell Resistance

3rd|+2|+3|+3|+1|Maximum Healing, DR 2/-

4th|+3|+4|+4|+1|Slay +2/day

5th|+3|+4|+4|+1|DR 4/-

6th|+4|+5|+5|+2|Sustain

7th|+5|+5|+5|+2|Slay +3/day, DR 6/-

8th|+6|+6|+6|+2|

9th|+6|+6|+6|+3|Ultimate Survival, DR 8/-

10th|+7|+7|+7|+3|Slay +4/day

[/table]
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d12

Class Skills:
Handle Animal(Cha), Heal(Cha), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Spot(Wis), Survival(Wis), Tumble(Dex)
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier

Slay(Ex): Wasteland Survivor levels stack with Wastelander and Wasteland Slayer levels to determine Slay bonuses.

Superior Toughness(Ex): At 1st level, a Wasteland Survivor gains powerful physical endurance. They gain the Diehard feat as a bonus feat and gain an additional +1 hit point per hit die they have.

Damage Pool(Ex): Your Wasteland Survivor levels stack with your Wastelander levels to determine Damage Pool amounts.

Spell Resistance(Ex): Each level of Wasteland Survivor you take counts as 1.5 levels of Wastelander for purposes of calculating spell resistance.

Maximum Healing(Ex): A Wasteland Survivor always heals full possible points from any healing spell, as if it had been affected by a Maximize Spell effect, with no cost to the caster.

Damage Reduction(Ex): As the Wastelander ability, stacks with that from any other source.

Sustain(Ex): A Wasteland Survivor gains a bonus to Fortitude saves against nonlethal damage due to thirst/hunger equal to their Wasteland Survivor level.

Ultimate Survival(Ex): A Wasteland Survivor gains an amazing ability to heal after nearly being killed. Once a Wasteland Survivor is reduced to enough negative hit points to be dead, they can make a Fortitude save(DC 10+damage below 0) to not die, and regain 1 hit point per hour until they are at 1 HP.

Wastelander Feats

Extra Slay
You find it more easy to target enemies with particularly devastating attacks.
Prerequisites: Slay class feature
Benefit: You gain one additional daily use of the Slay class feature.
Normal: You gain daily uses of Slay from you levels.
Special: This feat can be taken multiple times. Its effects stack.

Improved Spell Resistance [General]
Your resistance against magic is stronger than the normal member of your race or class.
Prerequisites: Con 13+, SR 14 or higher
Benefits: Your spell resistance increases by two, and can be lowered to allow friendly spells if it could not be before.

Improved Superior Slay [General]
Your Superior Slay attacks are even more powerful than those of a normal Wasteland Slayer.
Prerequisites: Superior Slay 2/day, Str 13+
Benefits: Your bonus Superior Slay damage is rolled at d6s instead of d4s.
Normal: Your bonus Superior Slay damage is rolled as d4s.

Impossible Spell Resistance [Epic]
Your spell resistance is so powerful that even spells that normally ignore it are stopped.
Prerequisites: Spell Resistance 20
Benefits: Spells with SR: No must still roll against your spell resistance, but it is at -5(so SR 20 would be 15 against such spells).
Normal: SR: No spells ignore your Spell Resistance

Siosilvar
2010-04-30, 04:48 PM
They also gain a bonus to resisting nonlethal damage equal to twice their Wastelander level. Which means... what, exactly?

Slay(Ex): At first level a Wastelander gains the ability to down enemies in one strike. Once per day, they can deal far more damage than normal. They gain a bonus to hit and damage equal to 1.5xtheir Wastelander level. This ability can be used an extra time per day every five levels. So at level 20, this is... +30 to hit and damage, five times per day? Decent.

Damage Pool(Ex): At 3rd level a Wastelander can heal a certain amount of damage equal to their Wastelander level times 3. I'd suggest times Con mod, and specify whether it's per day and what action it takes.

Enhanced Senses(Ex): At sixth level a Wastelander gains incredible senses. A Wastelander gains a bonus to either Listen or Spot equal to ½ of their Wastelander level. Why not both?

Resistance(Ex): A Wastelander gains an innate ability to ignore damage from energy attacks. At 7th level they can ignore an amount of damage from one energy type equal to the number on the table. At 14th level they gain a second energy type to resist, and gain resistance to it equal to the number after the first on the table. Useful, but a little small. Maybe 3 + 3 per 3.5 levels?

Greater Survival(Ex): As a Wastelander has more brushes with death, he becomes more able to resist its clutches. At eight level a Wastelander now makes a Fortitude save (DC 15+HD) to stabilize and heal 2d8+Con mod hit points. However, if he uses this ability a Wastelander cannot also use Survival. Decent, at a lower level. At this point it's just likely to get you killed dead this time ("oh look, he stood back up. Hit him harder.").

Damage Reduction(Ex): At 9th level a Wastelander gains the ability to simply ignore small amounts of damage. This damage reduction stacks with that from any other source. And small indeed. DR is overrated. You could get away with twice this.

Impossible Survival(Ex): At twelfth level a Wastelander eventually gains an impossible ability to come back from the near-dead. Instead of stabilizing normally, a Wastelander can make a DC (20+HD) Fortitude save to instead gain their Wastelander level in hit points, followed by gaining twice their Constitution modifier in temporary hit points. Also, if a Wastelander fails their save against a save-or-die effect, they are instead reduced to -5 hit points and stable. Here's a pretty good ability.

Overall, the class seems to suffer from "melee can't have nice things". It's focused around surviving, and doesn't seem to be quite strong enough to do this. You have one offensive ability with little variety. You've also got dead levels at 2, 4, 6, 9, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, and no capstone.

PersonMan
2010-04-30, 05:02 PM
Which means... what, exactly?

Sorry, I should have clarified. This is against all forms of nonlethal damage, such as from a forces march or the like.
So at level 20, this is... +30 to hit and damage, five times per day? Decent.

Yep. :)
I'd suggest times Con mod, and specify whether it's per day and what action it takes.

Will do.

Why not both?

True. I'll change that.

Useful, but a little small. Maybe 3 + 3 per 3.5 levels?

I'll see how that adds up and see what works best.

Decent, at a lower level. At this point it's just likely to get you killed dead this time ("oh look, he stood back up. Hit him harder.").

I see. What level do you think it's work best at?

And small indeed. DR is overrated. You could get away with twice this.

More?

Here's a pretty good ability.

Thanks.

Overall, the class seems to suffer from "melee can't have nice things". It's focused around surviving, and doesn't seem to be quite strong enough to do this. You have one offensive ability with little variety. You've also got dead levels at 2, 4, 6, 9, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, and no capstone.

It's meant to be an almost entirely defensive class, without major offensive abilities without going into Wasteland Slayer.

Bolded replies inside quote.

PersonMan
2010-05-20, 06:55 AM
Added some more abilities, and am looking for ideas for more of them. The point of this class is to be very hard to kill in any way, I expanded saves/SR to help do this. Any more ideas? Comments?

InfiniteNothing
2010-05-21, 11:40 PM
It looks good overall, though you might want to take care of the two dead levels each on the Wastelander and the Survivor. Maybe something to help them go without food and water for one of them?

Anyways, that's all I have to say. Take what you will from it.

PersonMan
2010-05-22, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the input. I hadn't thought of the food/water issue.

demidracolich
2010-05-22, 02:44 PM
I also don't see an ability that gives them endure elements on there and that seems required.

PersonMan
2010-05-22, 03:08 PM
...Thanks for pointing that out.

Gorgondantess
2010-05-22, 03:19 PM
As is, however, I'd say this is a high tier 5/low tier 4 class: sure, it can take some abuse, but it can't actually do anything. I'd say give it 6+int modifier skill points per level, and maybe even ranger-equivalent casting, focused on defense. Then they can be a really, really tough utility guy, rather than a really, really tough nothing guy.
Also, Ignore Effects essentially overrides evasion: is this intended?

Reduce Damage would get really cumbersome, really quick. I'd advise removing that ability and just giving the class DR 1/- at that level.

PersonMan
2010-05-22, 03:27 PM
Ignore Effects: Didn't realize that, although I think it fits.

Reduce Damage: I see. Maybe make it once per round?

I'll up their skills to 4+Int, but I'm not sure about casting. I'll start looking for stuff that suits them.

demidracolich
2010-05-22, 03:30 PM
Mabye give them some totemist soulmelds because they kind of fit the wild and savage setting. Spellcasting or maneuvers both don't seem to fit that well.

Gorgondantess
2010-05-22, 03:33 PM
Mabye give them some totemist soulmelds because they kind of fit the wild and savage setting. Spellcasting or maneuvers both don't seem to fit that well.

Spellcasting fits everything well.:smallbiggrin:

demidracolich
2010-05-22, 03:39 PM
Fine, but should have an very limited spell list if it get spells, mainly abjuration and such. Though I still think soul melds would work pretty well.

PersonMan
2010-05-22, 04:22 PM
I'm thinking about their spell list, but I don't have MoI, so I can't really give them soulmelds...

So it looks like they'll be getting some casting.

InfiniteNothing
2010-05-22, 09:55 PM
I actually think Gorgon's idea for more skill points is better than giving it casting or meldshaping. No offense, anyone, but this class doesn't strike me as a partial or full spellcaster or meldshaper, apart from maybe a permanent endure elements effect as an extraordinary ability. It seems more like a non-caster ranger than anything else.

demidracolich
2010-05-22, 10:07 PM
It already has a permanent endure elements effect.

InfiniteNothing
2010-05-24, 01:26 AM
Doesn't change the rest of my statement one bit, thanks.

PersonMan
2010-05-28, 10:59 AM
Changed some stuff around, made a couple feats and put an ability on the table into the rest of the stat block.

I'm not sure about Impossible Spell Resistance. What do you guys think?

Tanuki Tales
2010-05-29, 11:54 PM
I really like the flavor for the base class given in this thread. I wish I had some good advice to give, sorry I don't. D:

Ferrin
2010-05-30, 02:56 AM
I think a little bit of psionics would be more fitting then spellcasting, to those who suggested it.

Also; how exactly do you envision this class? It helps a lot when designing abilities. A small suggestion would be to put this project on hold and work on your Energy Project. I think it might be able to fit this class.

PersonMan
2010-05-30, 07:12 PM
This isn't a project. These are basically finished, I just tweaked a few things I noticed a few days ago.