PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Flash in the Playground!

Surfing HalfOrc
2010-05-01, 02:40 AM
OK, I have a problem. About two years or so ago, after being a lifelong non-smoker/non-dipper and no more than a social drinker, I managed to come down with Tongue cancer. Went through chemo and radiation therapy, lost all my hair and about 50 lbs, but in the end, I survived. Yay me!

So I decided to get a tattoo to celebrate my victory over cancer, and after visiting several tattoo studios, I decided to go with a dragon rider tattoo I liked, with a few modifications. And since I saw the same flash in nearly every place I went, I figured it was a common design.

But my job had other ideas, and I ended up reassigned to Korea! No, problem, soldiers are always getting tattoos, even if they are technically "off limits." I dropped in at a couple of places, and they didn't have the design. No prob, right? Just check out Tattoojohnny.com or tattoo-finder.com, and I'm in business? Not so fast.

I'm also just about the worst artist around, but I drew this sketch that is similar to the tattoo design I wanted. Does anybody recognise the flash?

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/122/l_fe4410c2b896479b8078a707d69e8edf.jpg

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Yarram
2010-05-01, 03:02 AM
I think you should just get them to tattoo that on you. :smallsmile:

Surfing HalfOrc
2010-05-01, 03:25 AM
I think you should just get them to tattoo that on you. :smallsmile:

Yikes! I would hope not!

Oh, if anyone does know the flash, please DON'T post it hiere, just a link if there is one. Rich and Roland take a mighty dim view of copyright violations.

thubby
2010-05-01, 03:44 PM
you could always ask the tatoo artist. they are, you know, artists, after all.

Syka
2010-05-01, 04:30 PM
You're best bet is talking with an artist and designing something specific to you, rather than just flash picked off the wall. Honest.

That way you can add more of you and some of the artist to the experience. Designs generally evolve, anyway. I had an original design (a friend did it for me) that the artist had to modify, and it took a few times but we finally found something that was me.

Flash is good for a basis, but talk to the artist. They can get something like that done and add you to it.

The Extinguisher
2010-05-01, 07:53 PM
This is not the thread I thought this was going to be. I'll put my trench coat away.