PDA

View Full Version : Vile Feats

Volthawk
2010-05-01, 06:47 AM
Apart from the Book of Vile Darkness and Elder Evils, are there any other sources of Vile Feats?

EDIT: And I know about Heroes of Horror.

TheMadLinguist
2010-05-01, 06:56 AM
I think there are some in Dragon.

Yora
2010-05-01, 07:01 AM
Fiendish Codex I also has some.

Volthawk
2010-05-01, 07:02 AM
Fiendish Codex I also has some.

Oh yeah, how did I forget those books?

Also, what CR 1-2 creature gets the most bonus feats?

Curmudgeon
2010-05-01, 07:12 AM
Also Drow of the Underdark and Exemplars of Evil.

Anterean
2010-05-01, 10:51 AM
"Players guide to Faerun" has a few (3) but as you may have guessed they are fluffed a towards forgotten realms (one require you to be a red wizard, one that worship Lolth and the last that you worship Bane. )

Zeta Kai
2010-05-01, 12:16 PM
I'm rather surprised that there are so many sources. Usually, what happens in one book stays in that book. WotC was rather haphazard when it came to additional support material.

sonofzeal
2010-05-01, 12:18 PM
Also, what CR 1-2 creature gets the most bonus feats?
Human Generic Warrior (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#warrior) 2, likely.

Zeta Kai
2010-05-01, 12:26 PM
Human Generic Warrior (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm#warrior) 2, likely.

Or, you know, a Human Fighter. No need to get all variant or anything. Either way, 4 feats by ECL2 is hard to beat.

sonofzeal
2010-05-01, 12:31 PM
Or, you know, a Human Fighter. No need to get all variant or anything. Either way, 4 feats by ECL2 is hard to beat.
He wants Vile feats, I believe. Fighter doesn't work for that (short of DCFS), while Generic Warrior gets it right out of the box.

herbe
2010-05-01, 12:34 PM

With two flaws: 6

Claudius Maximus
2010-05-01, 12:35 PM
Declaring allegiance to an elder evil will get you some bonus vile feats too.

Irreverent Fool
2010-05-01, 01:03 PM
I'm rather surprised that there are so many sources. Usually, what happens in one book stays in that book. WotC was rather haphazard when it came to additional support material.

Almost everything got some extras from Dragon.

obnoxious
sig

Zeta Kai
2010-05-02, 10:31 AM
Almost everything got some extras from Dragon.

obnoxious
sig

1) That's Paizo, which has had an... odd relationship to WotC.

2) Magazine content is even more hit-or-miss that the random-quality stuff that ended up between hard covers. It's canon is suspect, at best.

3) Seriously, please drop that "obnoxious sig" business. We got the point, you have signature space if you want it, & I know who I'm talking to already.

hamishspence
2010-05-02, 10:35 AM
Some of the Dragon content does show a strong connection to the book content though.

The Demonomicon of Iggwilv articles, for example- typically authored by James Jacobs, who also helped writed Fiendish Codex 1.

Zeta Kai
2010-05-02, 09:01 PM
Some of the Dragon content does show a strong connection to the book content though.

The Demonomicon of Iggwilv articles, for example- typically authored by James Jacobs, who also helped writed Fiendish Codex 1.

Now, see, that I can get behind. Each published book has its set page count, & the authors can't go above that. I understand. That's why Cityscape had at least 3 online supplements: they had more material than they had pages, & there was no way it would all fit in there.

I wish that there had been another Dragon Compendium. I liked that there was a Best-Of that you could buy, something that cast off the dross & only served up the cream of the crop.