PDA

View Full Version : A bit random, but would still like some help...

The Pressman
2010-05-01, 03:10 PM
In the campaign I'm playing right now, we found out about this child that had been taken by wolves. We realized that it was probably dead, but on the off-chance that it wasn't, we decided that instead of giving it back to the parents, <who were probably bad anyway, I mean, really, who lets their child get taken by wolves!> we would keep the kid and raise it in the group.:smallbiggrin:
We probably won't end up doing this, simply because the child is probably dead, but how would this be handled if we went through with it?

Also, do accountants exist in the average D&D game universe?
And would they be able to count as a favored enemy?

Prodan
2010-05-01, 03:11 PM
In the campaign I'm playing right now, we found out about this child that had been taken by wolves. We realized that it was probably dead, but on the off-chance that it wasn't, we decided that instead of giving it back to the parents, <who were probably bad anyway, I mean, really, who lets their child get taken by wolves!>
Same kind of parent who lets a child get kidnapped by pirates.

What I'm saying here is that your logic is flawed.

The Pressman
2010-05-01, 03:14 PM
Sorry, sarcasm.

Either way, the group is the kind that would accept that. We're all the type of people who would be CG in life, and would be willing to accept reasoning like this, simply because it's fun.

Sorry for the confusion.

Private-Prinny
2010-05-01, 03:25 PM
If your group is willing to go through some sort of time skip and you have someone willing to control the kid, you could blend him seamlessly into your party.

Barring that, Leadership.

Redrat2k6
2010-05-01, 03:32 PM
Haha OP reminds me of Ice Age.

I would think it would be inadvisable to take the child directly into danger on your adventures. It could work out if you had sort of a caravan following you around in the rear.

Said caravan wouldn't enter dungeons or very dangerous places. It would have some servants that would take care of the child (midwife?) and others could carry your stuff/take car of your horses or whatever.

Also the child might be lonely so I suggest getting it a puppy/guardian or some sort of playmate...Fairy Dragons, Pseudo-dragons, Griffins, and Blink Dogs come to mind. My 2cp.

Kylarra
2010-05-01, 03:34 PM
It's worth pointing out that willfully taking a child into danger constantly is arguably more negligible than being unable to stop wolves from taking your child.

The Pressman
2010-05-01, 03:35 PM
We'd probably be able to fix something. our reasoning was somewhat like this:
Let's see...Paladin, everyone needs a good influence. Beguiler, kids love playing hide and seek. Sorcerer...everyone has a crazy uncle. Ranger...athleticism begins in youth, right? Archivist...Books! Books are good for kids. Wizard...everyone needs teaching. Cleric...they should at least get some religion. Fighter...what's childhood without learning how to fight?

The Pressman
2010-05-01, 03:37 PM
It's worth pointing out that willfully taking a child into danger constantly is arguably more negligible than being unable to stop wolves from taking your child.

However, the danger on this campaign is mostly political.

Not to mention our party left logic behind when our paladin became and atheist, then started worshiping Freya, the Norse goddess.(the DM let it pass)

Kylarra
2010-05-01, 03:38 PM
However, the danger on this campaign is mostly political.

Not to mention our party left logic behind when our paladin became and atheist, then started worshiping Freya, the Norse goddess.(the DM let it pass)
Politicians are arguably more deadly and bloodthirsty than your average wolf!

J.Gellert
2010-05-01, 03:42 PM
Time loop. If you were evil, you could bind a demon in the kid and make it a creep little child (Jade Empire comes to mind) but otherwise, it will interfere with your adventuring...

The Pressman
2010-05-01, 03:42 PM
Politicians are arguably more deadly and bloodthirsty than your average wolf!

But they are easier to kill. For one, they can't use trip as a free action.

Scoot
2010-05-01, 03:45 PM
I recently played a game where my player "adopted" a human child. He was a warforged, Big Daddy jokes all around.

Before he(The kid) got his bow (He's managed to 1-shot a hydra after this), I just took a lot of in-game time to play with him and feed him.

Seeing as we saved his life, we didn't run into too many loylalty problems, and we just made sure the kid had fun.

We're now running him as a cohort, he used to just be a "pet".

The Pressman
2010-05-01, 03:46 PM
We're now running him as a cohort, he used to just be a "pet".

We'll probably run him as another PC.

Greenish
2010-05-01, 03:46 PM
Politicians are arguably more deadly and bloodthirsty than your average wolf!Indeed, if the child is still alive when you find it, you could just leave it to the wolves to raise (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RaisedByWolves).

(What, it has a literary precedent! A fine old tradition!)

Kylarra
2010-05-01, 03:47 PM
But they are easier to kill. For one, they can't use trip as a free action.But they can use Shift Blame!:smallbiggrin: