PDA

View Full Version : Good And Evil In The Playground II

ArlEammon
2010-05-01, 05:41 PM
Angel Food Cake v.s Devil Food's Cake. . . Decide, which is better?

waterpenguin43
2010-05-01, 05:42 PM
Angel's food cake when I'm in the mood for something light. Devil's when I crave chocolate. I guess that makes me....... Lawful Neutral? :smalltongue:

Krade
2010-05-01, 05:52 PM
The obvious decision would be a layer cake that has Devil's Food on the bottom and Angel's Food on top. Perhaps throw in some Red Velvet in the middle, for no reason other than, "Its Awesome":smallbiggrin:

druid91
2010-05-01, 05:52 PM
Neither, lemon drizzle cake is better.

thubby
2010-05-01, 06:07 PM
devil's food.
angelfood either tastes like nothing or like chemicals. devilsfood is chocolate.

Moff Chumley
2010-05-01, 06:16 PM
Cheesecake. :smallcool:

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-01, 06:17 PM
Devil's Food. I just like chocolate more. Though Angel's Food is best with strawberries.

Jack Squat
2010-05-01, 06:34 PM
Devil' Food, hands down. Not that I'll reject Angel's Food if it's offered.

Raiki
2010-05-01, 06:56 PM
Devil' Food, hands down. Not that I'll reject Angel's Food if it's offered.

Pretty much this.

I have to say, though, I really thought that someone had lost their mind and actually started up a new thread mere moments after Roland locked the old one. Well done.

~R~

ArlEammon
2010-05-01, 07:04 PM
Pretty much this.

I have to say, though, I really thought that someone had lost their mind and actually started up a new thread mere moments after Roland locked the old one. Well done.

~R~

Thanks. I try.:)

blackfox
2010-05-01, 07:14 PM
I saw this and thought 'Lockbait!'
But now I think I like Death by Chocolate cake best.
Also pumpkin cake is nice.

Mando Knight
2010-05-01, 07:21 PM

The cheesecake is a pie. It never really was on cake's side..

golentan
2010-05-01, 07:29 PM
Devilfood. And I don't mean that namby pamby chocolate silliness you people CALL devilfood. I mean actual devilfood cake, with souls baked in with the batter, just like mother used to make.

Sadly, you can't get souls in jars at the local bodega anymore. Now they only sell that "Imitation Soul" stuff.

In all seriousness, chocolate wins my heart nine times out of ten. Though my grandma's marshmallow whip on angelfood is pretty damn good.

Kneenibble
2010-05-01, 07:51 PM
I posit that the usual cake binary of angel's food-devil's food is a false dichotomy.

I contend that the proper negation of angel's food cake is rightly carrot cake; not only because angel's food cake must be served with strawberries, aligning the fruit-vegetable binary, but also because of the heaven-earth binary, given that the one is largely composed of ethereal air, and the other of moist roots.

And secondly, I contend that to correctly negate the diabolical nature of the devil's food cake, one must utilize the demonic nature of sex-in-a-pan. While both are rich in tasty, tasty sin, the one is an orderly and layered affair largely eaten with forks (a telling image), and yet the other is an amorphous mass able to be consumed in no tidy fashion.

But to understand why this reordering of the cake binary is correct, it must be experienced sensually, and to this end I exhort that the best way to take cake is from lovers' fingers.

druid91
2010-05-01, 08:22 PM
Devilfood. And I don't mean that namby pamby chocolate silliness you people CALL devilfood. I mean actual devilfood cake, with souls baked in with the batter, just like mother used to make.

Sadly, you can't get souls in jars at the local bodega anymore. Now they only sell that "Imitation Soul" stuff.

In all seriousness, chocolate wins my heart nine times out of ten. Though my grandma's marshmallow whip on angelfood is pretty damn good.

You could do the legwork yourself and collect the souls you need from random bystanders, Sounds delicious.

Siosilvar
2010-05-01, 08:23 PM
Angels' Food. If only because my mother, at an early age, trained me not to like chocolate too much, so that she could have it all.

golentan
2010-05-01, 09:05 PM
You could do the legwork yourself and collect the souls you need from random bystanders, Sounds delicious.

No. I have a court order preventing me from collecting the souls of anyone without their informed consent. My counterargument of "Don't sign the injunction or I'll eat your SOOOOUUuulll... your honor," was swiftly rebutted by the judge ordering the bailiff to rapidly and repeatedly brutalize me with a nightstick, to the horror of bystanders. It prevented me from concentrating long enough to devour the judge, because... well. Because. It was distracting.

So the injunction stands, and since it was signed in the blood of an innocent under a full moon I can't weasel my way out of it. On the upshot, the bailiff and I are meeting for drinks next friday, and I've convinced him to bring the nightstick again. Hopefully I'll have just as much trouble concentrating friday night through... oh, I'll be optimistic and hope for sunday evening.

Szilard
2010-05-01, 09:25 PM
I've never heard of either, but according to this thread, the Devil one has more chocolate, so I'm going to have to go with that.

Moff Chumley
2010-05-01, 09:54 PM
The cheesecake is a pie. It never really was on cake's side..

I am aware. Alton Brown, for the win.

The point is, pie>>>cake. :smalltongue:

I posit that the usual cake binary of angel's food-devil's food is a false dichotomy.

I contend that the proper negation of angel's food cake is rightly carrot cake; not only because angel's food cake must be served with strawberries, aligning the fruit-vegetable binary, but also because of the heaven-earth binary, given that the one is largely composed of ethereal air, and the other of moist roots.

And secondly, I contend that to correctly negate the diabolical nature of the devil's food cake, one must utilize the demonic nature of sex-in-a-pan. While both are rich in tasty, tasty sin, the one is an orderly and layered affair largely eaten with forks (a telling image), and yet the other is an amorphous mass able to be consumed in no tidy fashion.

But to understand why this reordering of the cake binary is correct, it must be experienced sensually, and to this end I exhort that the best way to take cake is from lovers' fingers.

Have I told you recently how goddam awesome you are?

druid91
2010-05-01, 10:17 PM
No. I have a court order preventing me from collecting the souls of anyone without their informed consent. My counterargument of "Don't sign the injunction or I'll eat your SOOOOUUuulll... your honor," was swiftly rebutted by the judge ordering the bailiff to rapidly and repeatedly brutalize me with a nightstick, to the horror of bystanders. It prevented me from concentrating long enough to devour the judge, because... well. Because. It was distracting.

So the injunction stands, and since it was signed in the blood of an innocent under a full moon I can't weasel my way out of it. On the upshot, the bailiff and I are meeting for drinks next friday, and I've convinced him to bring the nightstick again. Hopefully I'll have just as much trouble concentrating friday night through... oh, I'll be optimistic and hope for sunday evening.

Too bad, I'd share some of my collected souls but I need them.
Also chocolate is just too dry, and angelfood tastes like slightly sweet nothing. Lemon drizzle is moist, delicious and filling.

blackfox
2010-05-02, 12:13 AM
The cheesecake is a pie. It never really was on cake's side..Aghhhhh pun damage pun damage pun damage. Roll 4d6 pun damage.

And for a real answer to this thread I think I like Devil's Food Cake better. Although not nearly as much as Black Forest Cake. Or banana rum cake.

arguskos
2010-05-02, 12:30 AM
The truth of the matter is clear: Cake=delicious, period. :smallamused:

druid91
2010-05-02, 12:40 AM

Depends, some cake I can't eat much because it tastes wrong, like most heavy chocolate cakes.:smallfrown:

Temotei
2010-05-02, 12:40 AM

I'm actually not much of a cake person. I don't like the sponginess, I guess.

That said, chocolate is awesome. The light-colored stuff is less so, so devil's food.

Kyouhen
2010-05-02, 12:42 AM
The obvious decision would be a layer cake that has Devil's Food on the bottom and Angel's Food on top. Perhaps throw in some Red Velvet in the middle, for no reason other than, "Its Awesome":smallbiggrin:

I was going to vote for Devil's Food, but I think I need to try this now. :smallbiggrin:

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-02, 04:37 AM

So I guess that makes you True Neutral? You eat all cakes regardless of their alignment :smalltongue:

Yarram
2010-05-02, 07:57 AM

That was really cheesy...

I like chocolate. A lot. But not too much chocolate. Only just enough.

Graymayre
2010-05-02, 08:16 AM
the decadence of devil cake really leaves no room for any other cake in this contest

perhaps even literally.

arguskos
2010-05-02, 11:35 AM
So I guess that makes you True Neutral? You eat all cakes regardless of their alignment :smalltongue:
Oh yes, I am the TN God of Eating Cake. :smallamused:

Moff Chumley
2010-05-02, 08:16 PM
That was really cheesy...

I like chocolate. A lot. But not too much chocolate. Only just enough.

Cheese is badass. :smallyuk::smallwink:

Thajocoth
2010-05-02, 08:53 PM
I've never had either. Any good cake, however, contains chocolate. Usually chocolate ice cream... My bro does a good job with the cocoa powder though, causing a non-ice cream cake to actually surpass ice cream cake for the brief periods of time when his cakes exist.

He makes the chocolate cake without cake mix and the chocolate frosting without canned frosting, and he knows what he's doing. It's not good for the waistlines of anyone with line of sight and line of effect to his cakes.

The second best cake is a 2-layer ice cream cake with a chocolate fudge flavor on the bottom, crunchies between, and a very coffee flavor on top, with chocolate fudge instead of icing. (Icing is gross on ice cream. Too sugary, I guess.)

The 3rd best and so forth up through at least the 25th best are other arrangements of ice cream in a cake shape. After all of those, would be brownies in the shape of a cake, followed by various chocolate cakes. After those, the list ends. There are no good cakes that do not employ the use of chocolate... And some cakes with chocolate are simply a good attempt, but not good enough to be delicious. Vanilla cake with chocolate mousse, for example of an "I'd almost eat it" cake.

So I am clearly on the side of good, as is all that is chocolaty.

druid91
2010-05-02, 08:56 PM
I've never had either. Any good cake, however, contains chocolate. Usually chocolate ice cream... My bro does a good job with the cocoa powder though, causing a non-ice cream cake to actually surpass ice cream cake for the brief periods of time when his cakes exist.

He makes the chocolate cake without cake mix and the chocolate frosting without canned frosting, and he knows what he's doing. It's not good for the waistlines of anyone with line of sight and line of effect to his cakes.

The second best cake is a 2-layer ice cream cake with a chocolate fudge flavor on the bottom, crunchies between, and a very coffee flavor on top, with chocolate fudge instead of icing. (Icing is gross on ice cream. Too sugary, I guess.)

BLASPHEMY!!! Nothing can be too sugary. *Begins munching on spoonfuls of sugar*
No I am not really eating spoonfuls of sugar, I used to but then my teeth started to wear so...

Thajocoth
2010-05-02, 08:57 PM
BLASPHEMY!!! Nothing can be too sugary. *Begins munching on spoonfuls of sugar*
No I am not really eating spoonfuls of sugar, I used to but then my teeth started to wear so...

I've had spoonfuls of sugar before. Icing on ice cream is far worse.

druid91
2010-05-02, 09:04 PM
No it isn't Ive eaten that to, I was in food production and we would mix up batches of icing almost the size of us. what wasn't use was ours to do what we liked with, most of the time there wasn't that much left. but we would almost always have a little icing in bowls for a snack.

Thajocoth
2010-05-02, 09:08 PM
No it isn't Ive eaten that to, I was in food production and we would mix up batches of icing almost the size of us. what wasn't use was ours to do what we liked with, most of the time there wasn't that much left. but we would almost always have a little icing in bowls for a snack.

Icing on it's own can be fine too. I'm talking specifically about icing on ice cream. If you've ever had an ice cream cake where the outside is white instead of the dark brown is should be...

druid91
2010-05-02, 09:17 PM
I have, But I dislike chocolate unless it is hot fudge, only then in brownies or on a hot fudge sundae. These and a few other occasions are the few in which I can stand eating chocolate. It's just so choking and horrible.

That and I like sickeningly sweet things.:smallbiggrin:

Project_Mayhem
2010-05-03, 12:29 AM
It's all about Yugoloth pie