PDA

View Full Version : The Half-Vampire race (4e)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-01, 08:48 PM
I present to you my 3rd 4e race thread... The half-vampire!!!
(Note: I'm going to make a bunch of races and once I have enough feed-back I'm going to make a PDF)

Half-vampire[/SIZE]
Cloaked children of the night, half-vampires are outcasts to society.

Racial Traits

Ability Scores +2 dexterity, +2 charisma or intelligence
Size Medium
Speed 6 squares
Vision Low-light

Languages Common, Choice of one other.
Skill Bonuses +2 stealth, +2 intimidate
Necrotic Resistance The Half-vampire has resistance to necrotic damage equal to 5+ half the Half-vampire's level
Drawn to Blood The Half-vampire has +1 to attacks vs bloodied targets.
Mist Form The Half-vampire gains the use of the Mist Form power

Mist Form Half-vampire Racial Power
You move swiftly across the battlefield in the form of a cloud of mist.
Encounter
Standard Action
Effect You fly your speed not provoking opportunity attacks.

Play a Half-vampire if you want:
- To be mysterious and eerie.
- To make a great melee striker.

Tell me what you think.

realbombchu
2010-05-01, 09:05 PM
Have you seen the Changeling's racial ability score adjustments? Because they might work better in this case. I mean, many vampires are spellcasters, right? It's something like +2 dexterity or intelligence, +2 charisma. That's the first thing I would consider changing. The rest I'll have to give a think.

Blazen
2010-05-01, 09:42 PM
Thats my favorite part about 4e. Half-elves, Half-orcs, Drow, Half-vampires are all outcasts. 3 of those races get plus to Cha.

Mando Knight
2010-05-01, 09:47 PM
Thats my favorite part about 4e. Half-elves, Half-orcs, Drow, Half-vampires are all outcasts. 3 of those races get plus to Cha.

Half-Elves aren't outcasts in a lot of settings, and their stats suggest a highly diplomatic race. Areas with high elf and human populations especially see a lot of half-elves.

realbombchu
2010-05-02, 08:48 AM
You know, revenants (from Dragon magazine) have the undead origin (I think that's what it's called, I'll look it up if you want) that let's them count as both living and undead in any given situation. I think that ability belongs here, too.

vasharanpaladin
2010-05-02, 02:25 PM
Vampiric Heritage feat, Dragon issue 371.