PDA

View Full Version : Locked Gauntlets + Bloodstorm Blade = Kratos?

Sintanan
2010-05-02, 04:22 AM
My thoughts are that a locked gauntlet(s) secures your weapon(s) with chains, so what about when you throw the weapon?

"Come one, come all! For only a small price of 8 gold you can purchase a locked gauntlet of your own! Give it to a bloodstorm blade close to your heart and let them become the new God of War!"

:biggrin:

Player: "Okay, I'll approach the cyclops and hit Square, Square, Triangle." :smalltongue:

I dunno... probably shear lack of sleep, but I thought this was a funny concept.

Koury
2010-05-02, 04:46 AM
Locked Gauntlets do not work that way!

Sorry Optimystik :P

Rainbownaga
2010-05-02, 05:28 AM
IMHO, many DM's would stop you because throwing anything with a huge length of chain dragging along behind it is going to massively slow it up, and even if you get that you've got the issue of dragging the chains to get your weapons back, which is not going to be a free action (unless your weapon is a spiked chain).

That said, those DM's are boring and the rule of awesome says that you should go for it the next time you have a chance.

Eldan
2010-05-02, 05:29 AM
Sounds like a case for refluffing.

Alternatively, get some harpoons if you need chain shenanigans.

Harpoons with locked chains, perhaps?

hamishspence
2010-05-02, 05:36 AM
Or just use Kusuri-gamas. Slashing weapon, chain, reach, one handed.

Hand_of_Vecna
2010-05-02, 10:23 AM
weird I just said this in another thread.

Ya BSB totally does Kratos, but forget about the gauntlets just make the chains fluff since BSB makes them return. I'd suggest not starting him before lvl 9 for lightning richochet. Bladestorm is perfect though.