PDA

View Full Version : Mutants and Masterminds: The Departed

Raynn
2010-05-02, 01:05 PM
The Eye of Eternity. . .

It seemed for Cael that he fell forever and ever, through the flames and the death that he had wrought on the world.

He tumble through every day of his life, feeling them all in reverse; barely feeling, like the echo of an echo.

Time and space ceased to mean anything to him, he had left all those things behind, falling through the Omniverse. He tried to remember why he was falling, what falling was, what he was and in his greatest moments of clarity who he was?

After a time, only a handful of infinities he stopped falling.

Above him there was a great white hole in the world, in the black sky above his head, fill with flying flames and the light of long dead stars.

He was on a plateau of grey crystal, almost perfectly flat and as large as a small island below were forests with silver leaves so that when the light hit them at the right angle a world covered in trees seemed to burn.

The edge od the world was within view, the whole world was flat and Cael could see where everything tipped over the side and fell into the black shadows of eternity.

He fell to the crystal earth as the weight of his identity fell upon him.

As he did he saw a small robed man with a face that reminded him of a monkey resting his weight on a wooden stick not to far from him. The dust on the plateau danced behind him as he approached.

When he reached Cael he was impossibly silent, even his movements made no sound. He sat, crossing his legs in the manor of the monks he resembled, he appeared human.

He smiled at Cael as he spoke and motioned with his cael to the landscape and the blazing white hole in time and space above their heads "Welcome Cael of Earth, to the Dreaming."

Unkabear
2010-05-02, 09:12 PM
There was a brief moment of elation, he had done it, he had removed the ship, removed the majority of the Skrull! But then, something was wrong, it was the moment that he began to unlive life. Watching his life in reverse. Dire, Sword, Ellen, Ray alive again, Daedalus, Metropolis, Eldritch, Kelly. Cael did not realize how much he missed Kelly until she was thrust back into his life.

But the years together flew by Eddie, his cousin, his mother. Soon he was beyond his own life, and watching his people the Gypsy. Then beyond. It flew by in a painful revolving montage that would not quit, that could not be turned away from, that repeated.

It was the repeat that was the most painful, and perhaps that caused the most despair. After a few he no longer recognized his own contributions to the panorama. A few more and his sense of self and identity were no more. He was but a watcher, watching the whole of eternity, including the blip that was himself, or could have been. Everything is too much for a mind to comprehend, and throws up protections.

When he settled on the crystal he was nothing, less than nothing, but as his feet touched down, he remembered that he had feet. As his hand rose to his eyes, he remembered that he had a hand. Then who he was crashed down upon him, heavier than the weight of eternity, he was Cael Patrin, Gypsy, Detective, PI, Lover, the guardian of the gates of the Unspeakable One, & now Martyr.

The questions that burned through his head such as where am I and when am I seemed to pale in the surroundings. Something important had happened. Something important had happened to him, yet this was the less important than what was about to happen.

“The Dreaming? What is this place? And if I may ask, who are you?”

Raynn
2010-05-03, 04:51 AM
He laughed an almost childish laugh as he moved ape like farther towards the edge of the plateau, to a side covered in forest where they could make there way down.

"Always the Detective, this place is where you choose to be, it is far far away, just around the riverbend."

As he rambles he motions for Cael to follow.

"I'm an old thing, older now than it seems, with a face that maybe you've seen in your dreams."

He laughs again loudly as Cael follows, he moves on all fours, his staff still in one hand "the dreaming, is a made up place, where things aren't quite real but almost are, it is where things begin to be, it is the birth place of the real, and you came here for something."

Unkabear
2010-05-03, 08:08 AM
"the dreaming, is a made up place, where things aren't quite real but almost are, it is where things begin to be, it is the birth place of the real, and you came here for something."

Cael thought on this as he followed the strange creature. Perhaps he has always known this thing, perhaps he was just crazy and on the edge of dying. But something that it said rang true. This seemed to be a place beyond reality. Outside of time and space.

But then, he has been remarkably wrong recently in many of his assumptions. I guess my list of priorities is going to change he thought as all of the things that he still needed to investigate, even with an alien invasion that explained most of them, seemed well out of his immediate reach.

The view of the landscape was breathtaking, yet Cael could not let himself fully appreciate it as he knew that he should. "So I guess the real question comes down to 'What am I here for'?"

Raynn
2010-05-03, 10:01 AM
As you reach the edge of the plateu the man speaks again "You're important, fell through the rift, touched it, only one other has done so, Sorrow."

He begins to walk down into the forest you notice the silver leafed trees and made of chrome like metal and glass "he fell to the edge of all that is, you fell to the center, his equal, counter-balance, ready you must be, important like the others."

He glances back at Cael for a moment before continueing "Dire has child, child redirects course of omniverse, Metamorph exits, spawns to two new races of man, Synapse sparks battle for sister, sparks war, sparks more, Ellen's compassion leads to earth being saved, you. . . Cael."

He motions to a door set in a neaby glass tree "all important, what you are here for? World, all of them, part of it; you must realise your truth, you have always searched for one single truth, so much that you didn't even realise, you are here for the ultimate truth of Cael."

He motions to the door "this is just the beginning."

Unkabear
2010-05-03, 11:06 AM
The ultimate truth of Cael. Cael wanted to argue with the little Monkey Man, but he couldn’t, what he said rang true at his deepest core of self. A conversation that he had with Daniel Sword not too long ago rushed across Cael's mind. Cael had showed Sword his hand, perhaps something that even his closest friends never understood.

"...I will be honest with you when I say that I really couldn't care less about right and wrong, good and evil. For better or worse I am an agent of Balance." Truth, a sword that cuts both ways.

It was the balance that made his sacrifice easier for him to accept. But now Cael was beginning to understand that what he did was not a sacrifice, but something much more. Perhaps he did not do it for reasons that he had convinced himself of, perhaps it was all in search of Truth, the harshest mystress of all.

Cael looked at the door in the tree. "I guess that explanations would serve little purpose here huh?" he said letting the reality of it sink in. "The answers that I am looking for must be found through experience and not questions right?"

Raynn
2010-05-04, 05:39 PM
The little man laughs "experiences just thoughts, information, questions the same, questions just as important, always have been asking questions you have."

He leaps to the other side of the three "all you are here for is to mourn, this is your funeral, not to mourn Cael of the Legacy, but a pont of view of him. You must learn to let how you saw youself die, and in doing so become somthing else."

He knocks with a ding on the glass bark "something. . . more."

Unkabear
2010-05-04, 06:17 PM
"What will I become when I am done?" Cael asks looking at the tree. For the first time feeling a bit of trepidation. Who he was is a carefully crafted persona. Cael had spent a good deal of time on his image, both Cael and The Detective. There were three sides to him that he was aware of and now he was being asked to bury those to become something anew.

But then, it was quite possible that to those that he had left behind he was already dead. Or that he may very well never return to the world that he left behind. In either case, remaking himself would become much easier.

Raynn
2010-05-04, 06:20 PM
The little man smiled "only what you choose to be."

Unkabear
2010-05-04, 06:26 PM
Just what I was looking for he thought, "You say I am a counter balance to Sorrow. What would I need to become to make this so? If I am to remake myself, I would prefer to know in what image I should do so." Perhaps he was being too forward. But it would seem that direct questions would get direct answers. It was worth a shot.

Raynn
2010-05-05, 12:10 PM
The little man stares quizzicly at you, the a look of realization dances across his face followed by a broad almost child like smile "I understand, I unstand!" he laughs a little as if Cael had made a joke.

"You believe it is power you need, so you believe that is how you change, you believe you must be his equal in combat," he taps his head "you must be his equal, where it counts."

He turns away from the door and moves deeper into the glass and chrome forest, away from the door "come, come; learning you are, more to learn, always more to learn!"

He happily scrambles along a white rock path towards a gold water pond, motioning for you to follow, to points to the reflective water "what do you see?"

Unkabear
2010-05-05, 12:52 PM
Cael looks at the door and nods. It would be best if he knew more before he made that step. And it looks like he was going to have the opportunity. As he approached the golden pond Cael looked in, looking at hismelf. "I see my reflection, a potential of what I am and what I can become."

Raynn
2010-05-05, 12:55 PM
The little man smiles as he dashes the water with his staff "no! you see water, believing this was for you to see deeper into yourself caused you to see more in this than water, if this was a puddle back in the place of your home it would be just water, see you must how your perception can change your reality, see now that the water is what you may be because you will it to be that, you will it to be more than water."

Unkabear
2010-05-05, 01:01 PM
"Truth," Cael says. It is what it is, not what you want it to be. "The truth of this water is that it is just a pond, but that it also reflects, but that reflection is nothing more than a play of light. The water has not changed only how I perceive it, it remains as it is and no matter how much I will it to be so, my will cannot change that this pond is just water."

Raynn
2010-05-05, 05:23 PM
The little man groans "NO!"

He sits near the water's edge and taps the surface with his staff "meaning is truth, by changing perception you change truth, a facet of what is, and is not. You must learn what you can change through perception."

He points his staff at Cael's head with a slightly annoyed look "you cling to truth, stop treating it as a solid thing, it cannot be touched, only perceived, truth is a reality of thought, it is a part of reality and all reality can be changed if one perceives it differently, all reality is information, thoughts, perceptions."

He taps Cael's head with his staff "stop grabbing at truth, YOU WILL PISS IT OFF!"

Unkabear
2010-05-05, 05:29 PM
Cael sits by the monk. His search of Truth over the years may have been what placed him in this predicament. Perhaps a change of course was in order. "Sorrow said that he was nothing more than a pawn. Who is moving the peices, and why has it chosen the two of us to play out this role?"

Raynn
2010-05-05, 05:39 PM
"It is old, older now than it seems, a beast that maybe you've seen in your dreams?"

He taps the water and the imprinted image in the ripples of a thousand tentacled, million eyed monstrocity appears for an instant.

"you keep wondering how you will rival Sorrow. The whole Skrull Armada took you a few minutes to decimate, a world bred for that war and you cast it aside. When the gate the place beyond reality threatened to open in your youth you sealed it, at great personal cost."

The water trembles and for a moment another image of the beast dances across its surface "you have defeated beings of power beyond comprehension, because you chose to, because you preceived them as equals."

He stands again and looks across the pond "the unnameable things beyond space and time, who feast on the strongest of gods as we do calfs, you perceived them as your equals, a threat to be defeated and you did. . . for a time. Cael, are you closed to understanding?"

Unkabear
2010-05-05, 05:46 PM
It began to settle upon Cael now, the light of understanding shone upon him. And he feared...for his enemies. "I think I am." Cael said standing, remembering the vision on the water, the very warping of reality when he closed a gate. "I believe that I am ready."

Raynn
2010-05-06, 05:10 PM
"And Believing makes it so."

As the little man finished he leaped into the shallow water, disappearing as he did as if passing through a portal.

Unkabear
2010-05-06, 07:15 PM
Cael did not expect the little one to jump into the lake. He was expecting to go back to the tree. But then, this was a place where things began to be, and perhaps the THAT was far more important than the Where or How.

Following suit Cael leapt as high as he could into the golden pond.

Raynn
2010-05-07, 07:32 PM
As Cael emerges he sees the little man again, this time they are somewhere in Caels past, he simply knows this, without beng told. He can tell that no one can seem him or interact with him.

He is in Liberty Park, long before the devastation of Event 84.

He looks to the horizon as the colours of the sun rise stretch across it.

Sitting on a bench in the center of his vision.

Is the love of his life. . .

Unkabear
2010-05-07, 10:52 PM
Cael is taken back. A punch to the stomach would have had less of a physical result. There she was in all her glory, Kelly.

Cael had met Kelly on a job. Eldritch had picked her up as a sort of side project after she had an incident with Quirk. He was young when he took the job for Eldritch, not his first, but the first stalk and photo job for the Arch Mage. She was younger. For several years Cael knew her only from behind the lens of a camera.

Later, much later, Cael had to stop by Eldritch's shop to drop off some info. She had been manning the place for him for a bit and for the first time Cael spoke with her. The two hit it off despite the age difference.

Seeing her now, again, was hard. She was Goth'd out, black hair & clothes, purple lipstick and eyeshadow, her pumpkin bag sitting on the bench. Cael still had feelings for her, but closing the gates on the Unspeakable One had cost him many things, and a healthy relationship was one of them.

Cael wanted to go to her, to say many things that he could only say at night, alone in his apartment.

Cael knew from this moment that this was not about to be an easy task set before him.

Raynn
2010-05-08, 08:06 PM
The little man turned to Cael "Point of view Cael, you need a different one, you need to be Someother Cael. . ."

He motioned with his staff to Kelly "we need to change you past, starting with her, you needed to see her now but if you would like to began to change somewhere else then think of that moment."

Unkabear
2010-05-09, 01:39 AM
Cael shook his head. The pain would not be lessened by performing another task first. It would be better to begin here. "No, this is as good a place as any." His heart strings were pulled, but he would not turn aside. "What must I do?"

Raynn
2010-05-09, 05:29 PM
"What you must do is for you to decide, you must change the Cael that will be, you require a new point of view, what that point of view will be is up to you."

Raynn
2010-05-11, 06:30 PM
Cael?:smallfrown:

Unkabear
2010-05-11, 08:18 PM
You have to give me time to have a life outside the game!!! :elan:

Cael thinks for a bit. "When you say change the Cael that will be. Do you mean I need to..." Never have found love? Cael is not sure that he was ready to face that yet. It was love that helped him find passion. But when the omniverse hinged on it.

Damn the Balance!

Raynn
2010-05-12, 05:26 PM
The little man shook his head as if he was reading Cael's mind "not destructive, that is Sorrow, his way. Create something, build on it, links, tethers, Cael that was must be made better, what you have lost must be found to make you strong."

Unkabear
2010-05-13, 09:20 AM
Cael begins to walk forward, as if stepping out of a dream and begins to walk toward someone that he did not believe that he would see again.

Raynn
2010-05-13, 06:46 PM
Cael doesn't do anything too drastic, expecting the little man to tell him to do something every moment but he remains distant and silent, and eventually out of view.
Kelly dismissed any oddities in his appearance, and he in turn pretended to be her Cael, the Cael of her time. Maybe she'd mention this to his past self and she would notice something had been off. Maybe she had in passing and in time he had forgotten.

As he turned to walk away, Kelly said she had a meeting with Eldritch, Cael got the feeling he had made a mistake, that whatever mission he had had he had failed simply because he didn't realise the objective.

A man stopped beside, old but senior, in a buisness suit, fit for his age, no tie and his top button was open.

"Good job Cael, now you were here, a single tether to hold your existence in check, if we're lucky no one will notice it."

When Cael gives the man an odd look the once little man explains "You wanted answers and the other methods were'nt really working, so you needed a different point of view," he motions to himself "so viola!"

He points to Kelly as she walks away "you needed a tether, and I needed to show you how to make one, when you rewrite history the people within it are changed, science says they're overwritten, replaced as if they never existed but magic will tell you they share the same soul. Now, people who thread outside of time require tethers, events in time that are out of order but connected to them out of order. Making you a complex space time event. Thnk of yourself as a knot, the more complicated the more difficult it is to unravel. If you're going to face Sorrow you need t know about these tethers so that he can't wipe you from existence. By the way due to this Kelly and you don't seperate for an additional six months."

He looks blankly at Cael "long enough to sire a daughter that she keeps from you but that you discovered not long after joining Legacy, she is six. You allow her mother to continue believing you don't know and have begun to save your A.E.G.I.S. checks in a trust fund for her."

He motions for Cael to lead the way "you may like to know that your temporal, dimensional and interstellar transportation powers are not controlled by thought but intention. Meaning if you want to do something they take you to the most prudent place, not the place you believe would most easily complete that goal."

He looks as if he's just remembering something and pulls out a small bear and cake covered piece of paper from a suit pocket and unfolds it in his hands, he stows it again before Cael can read it "Also I believe someone may be about to try and kill her at her seventh birthday."

He finishes non-chalantly and motions for Cael to create a portal "After you."

Unkabear
2010-05-13, 09:21 PM
To say that he was ready for this answer that he received would be a lie. This was nothing like what he expected...but at the same time Cael could not refute the logic. Right now he was nothing, cast from existence, now he is going to go about and making himself more real. Perhaps more real than he had ever been before.

Cael did not fully understand, and hoped that he would in the near future.

A daughter. Cael stayed together for another six months and sired a Daughter. Oh to know her. The pain of loss stung all the more deeply, but at the same time bring a bit of joy. And someone is about to kill her.

Alright, so he still had his powers...and it would seem that they are now augmented. But there is a difference now in how they work. Cael...I...am different. I am out of time. I am a complex space time event.

Yes Cael could use this.

"They are?" Cael said, his voice calm, cool, collected. "I have a feeling that they are going to be disappointed with the results of their efforts."

Cael had focus. Cael had intent. Cael opened a portal.

Raynn
2010-05-14, 06:43 PM
A tear in space and time opened up as Cael leapt, his feet landed on well cut grass, in a small garden rimmed by a tight white picket fence.

Cael is sure he can hear the sounds of a children's party behind the house. He turns to his side and sees an old enemy. . .

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/spiderman/images/thumb/d/d0/UltimateDoctorOctopus.jpg/260px-UltimateDoctorOctopus.jpg

"Detective? I thought you were dead?!"

Unkabear
2010-05-14, 09:19 PM
Cael begins to walk slowly forward, confidently. Cael knew something that he didn't. "I have heard that myself. But trust me, rumors of my death have been grossly exaggerated."

Cael continues to move forward...slowly...deliberately. "Nice party huh. I understand that you were NOT invited."

Raynn
2010-05-15, 03:25 PM
"I have been hired to take the child Cael, you are alone now, Step aside"

When Cael doesn't one of Doc Ock's arms swing round to strike Cael.

Attack roll [roll0] DC 21 Toughness save

Unkabear
2010-05-15, 05:21 PM
Lets get those rolls out of the way.

[roll0]

And also

[roll1]

Unkabear
2010-05-15, 05:22 PM
I will be spending a hero point to reroll that one.

[roll0]

Alright, this is making me mad, so I just rolled on Invisible Castle.

Toughness Save = 18 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2519063/) Bruised

Cael reeled a bit as the mechanical arm swept across him. He reached up and touched his hand to what would eventually become a bruise.

"You really shouldn't have done that Doc." he said his voice level. Then Cael reached out to the nearest robotic arm and willed Doc Oc to be somewhere else.

Teleport Assault (Ap from The In-Between) Dice roll from above, I believe it was 15 for the attack Will 21 or be teleported. As I am not fully sure about his new abilities though Cael would like the Gobi desert, you may certainly surprise me.

That is...if I even need to roll the attack in the first place. I might just be able to make him make the save. Can I get a ruling on that for the future?

Raynn
2010-05-15, 06:40 PM
Doc Ock is barely able to avoid the attack as a chunk of pavement is torn away by it.

He weaves about on his mechanical legs as he speaks but holds off from attacking right away

"Why are you even here? Who told you I was here? My employer?"

Unkabear
2010-05-15, 10:30 PM
"That I am here is more important that why. Don't you think?" Cael said as he continued to move forward. "Do you truly believe that whatever you are being paid is worth this?"

Cael again reaches out to send him far away from there. Perhaps in a nice secure place with restraining cells.

Roll=Attack]1d20+11[/roll] If successful, Will DC 21

The roller hates me. Roll 28 to be found on The Fall OOC thread

Raynn
2010-05-19, 03:03 PM
Cael sees the Portal tear open and for a brief moment he is almost sure that he sees the interior of a prison he has never entered.

Cael sees the world around him, sundered and torn, with pockmarks in the earth from his portal attacks and Doc Ocks metallic feet. He is about to leave, maybe to look for the little man when something tugs at his leg.

He looks down and he sees her. . . his daughter. . .

She must have came outside having overheard their shouts over the music, she alone had been curious enough to investigate.

You can do the conversation, playing both Sara and Cael at the same time

Unkabear
2010-05-19, 09:17 PM
Cael looks upon a girl that he had never seen before in his life, and at the same time has known her forever.

She looked very much like her mother, and Cael had an idea of the beauty that she would become. He wanted to tell her all about him, perhaps offer a warning for the future. But he knew that he should not. By simply being here he has already created his tether. And he was glad that it was her.

She had seen most of it. From the yelling on. She thought she heard a name that her mother once mumbled in her sleep. The man looked familiar, yet she had never seen him before. “Hello, who are you?”

Cael was choked up for a moment, but he hoped that he hid it well. “I was just passing by and saw someone that wanted to disrupt the party in the back. He won’t be bothering the party any more.”

“Is he dead?” Sara asked. There was not fear, terror or revulsion in her voice, just curiosity. Damn if she wasn’t his child.

“No, I just sent him away.” Cael found himself unable to talk to this girl in a child’s voice or down to her. Perhaps it was the sparkle in her eye.

“Would you like to come to the party?” At this time Cael noticed something, a familiar face peering over the fence. A face that was not happy to see Cael. As much as he would love to spend time with the both of them Cael understood that it would not be a good thing.

“I am sorry, but I am not going to be able to stay, but you have fun and make sure that you have a very happy birthday.” Cael stood up from his crouch that he did not remember going into and turned from both of them. It took every bit of his will power not to turn back. He walked over to his strange host and reached out to the universe, letting fate take its course, Cael focused, and let his intent fall upon the fates, hoping that this would be the correct means of doing so, without direction from the little man he reached out looking for the next tether.

A puzzled look crosses Sara’s face as her mother joined her in the pock marked driveway. Chaos and destruction always followed that man. Or perhaps he sought it out. In any case he had NO right to involve HER daughter in his intrigues.

In the beginning it was this very trait that drew her to him. That and the deep wisdom that could be seen in his eyes. But since the event in South America he had grown slowly more distant, more determined. He was not the man that she had fallen in love with. “What did that man want?” she tried to keep any accusatory tone from her voice, knowing that Sara would catch it and this so far happy day would turn into another yelling match.

“He said that the man with the arms was here to disrupt the party and he sent him away. Momma, do you know who he was?” Sara knew that there was more to this.

“He is someone that I knew a long time ago Sara, but we had a fight and haven’t seen each other in a long while.”

“Well he seemed nice enough. But he said that he had to go.” Sara did not hide the disappointment in her voice.

“It was for the best dear. Come along.”

Sara skipped past her mother back to the party while she looked upon the front of her house. She knew that her insurance premiums were going to go up she just knew it. But the man with the arms, Doc Otto Octavius, Doc Ock could have caused trouble. No more trouble than Franky could handle, but it would have ruined the party. And Cael. There was something about him. This was not the man that she remembered, his coat looked battle worn, his face older. It was the same man that she had witnessed seven years ago, it was not HER Cael, but it was Cael. And who was the monkey with him?

As Sara returned to the party one thought stuck in her head. How did he know it was HER party?

Raynn
2010-05-20, 05:11 PM
Cael feels the plane of matter and flesh fade away for a moment as once again he is adrift in the unspace of nontime.

As his vision returns he looks to his side to see that the man with him has now turned to woman, plain from her head to her toe as if this had been made not to be noticed.

He looked out across the landscape. . .

Liberty Park. . .

Burning and screaming, echoing with the sounds of death and fire.

He doesn't need to ask, Cael knows when he is, Event 84.

The woman motions to an old friend sitting on a hill, shouting a panicked chant as if on the edge of a trance. Ellen. . .

The woman finally speaks "All you have to do is smudge the edge of the circle, no more; this will ensure that this reality is not unwritten and that you are more deeply tethered. Then you shall face Nemesis. . ."

Unkabear
2010-05-20, 05:41 PM
Cael could have swore, for so long everything continued to be placed at Ellen’s feet, Cael had an idea now that it was in fact himself that was about to cause the rift. He may be wrong, but that was the way of things.

The circle had to be perfect, and by smudging the edge. The things one does to save the multiverse..

Cael was careful in how he did this as his powers did not work the way that they used to. But he had an idea that he could still perform the task at hand as he intended.

Standing where he was he first looked around, he could spot himself in the chaos. He hadn’t really been paying attention to the main attraction as he had been doing what he could to get civilians out of harms way, and by the looks of it he had already been near here. So it was safe.

Then Cael gathered himself, focusing on his intension, willing just the smallest of holes to tear in space, enough for a finger to reach through and touch a line, then pull ever so slightly so that to a casual glance there was nothing wrong, to a trained observer one could tell that part of the circle was not as it should be. But as Ellen was already mid trance he doubted that she would notice. I’m sorry Cael thought letting the portal go. Magic was a fickle thing, and Cael had just played with dangerous powers.

Cael then turned to the park and looked at the now woman. “I have a feeling I know why he disappears, what are your recommendations?” Cael was not sure whether he should just waltz up and do it, or if he should first speak with Daniel Sword. He had begun to converse with Sword in another time and place, perhaps even begin to mentor him. Was what he was about to do the reason why he gave Cael the respect that he did and bent to his first invitation so readily? Was there something to how easily it came in his next actions?

Raynn
2010-05-20, 05:51 PM
"You'll have a brief window in about 30 seconds, after which he will have dealt with Dr. Metropolis and wiped the city's collective memory. Whether you choose to talk to him or not is up to you. Go to him through, there is something you must see." The Woman motions to Nemesis and Dr. Metropolis at the heart of the battle, in the last moments of the conversation.

Unkabear
2010-05-20, 06:10 PM
Cael looks to them and moves forward, actually folding space to make his walk shorter. He approached them waiting for his moment.

"You'll have a brief window in about 30 seconds, after which he will have dealt with Dr. Metropolis and wiped the city's collective memory.

“You are mad Nemesis. . . Sick. . . An animal to be put down. . .” Dr. Metropolis always spoke with an authority, that of an entire city in one voice.
Nemesis smiled. The city feared him, he could hear it.
He had already adapted to Dr. Metropolis and his opponent knew it; Captain Thunder’s unconscious body hung from the Centurion statue where the Mayor’s skeleton had half melted into the nearby cement, Daedalus’ armour was empty at the statue’s feet. Nemesis couldn’t see any of the other Freedom Leaguers than the new arrival, the few living must have carried away some of the dead.
"You heroes must come with a warranty, I break one and I get a replacement free,” Nemesis said with a laugh.
Dr. Metropolis teleported in front of him and grabbing him by the collar and holding him up, his face cold with silent horror “what have you done?!”
Nemesis held out his wrists "Go ahead, take me in. Arrest me, and send me to the big house. I want to play in a different yard for a while."
“I’m not going to arrest you. . .” Dr. Metropolis threw Nemesis, slamming him into the ground...
Cael approached, not close enough to disturb what was about to happen, knowing that it was important, though painful to allow this to occur, but once it did he had to act quickly and made sure that he was in place to do so.

Unkabear
2010-05-20, 06:12 PM
Nemesis stood unharmed “Do you know what was the best part about killing almost the entire Freedom League Metropolis? Neither do I, I wasn't actually paying attention when I did it."
Again Metropolis struck him in rage, this time knocking him pack only slightly.
“You can’t face an entire city, your powers only combats one person at a time. Even if you defeat me eventually you will fall!”
“Doctor, you’re this city. . .”
Metropolis’ face filled with fear.
Nemesis Adapted.

The world goes white for an instant. And Cael stepped forward. Cael placed his hand upon Daniel Swords shoulder. Sword spun around and Cael smiled. He realized that he could not allow Nemesis to adapt, "Go to where you need to go, to learn your lesson and pay for your crimes" Cael then forces Daniel Sword, Nemesis, into another time and place.

Raynn
2010-05-21, 05:55 PM
As Cael looked into Nemesis' eyes for the moments before he disappeared he saw him try to adapt to Cael.

He couldn't. . .

Nemesis' eyes lost their madness and their rage, energy no longer raced from his eyes, the glint of homicidal fire no longer danced behind his eyes.

Cael realised how much younger Nemesis had been when Event 84 happened, time and guilt had aged him more than Cael had thought.

Cael at last realised the truth of Nemesis; he was just some kid, who in the mutant genetic lottery drew the shortest straw. Another time, another team. . . maybe he would have even been an X-man one day.

Not today.

Cael is left standing in the battle scarred terrain, he can see some of the heroes corpses neaby. The smell of singed flesh and death filled his nostrils.

The little man who was still a woman placed her hand on his shoulder "you had to see this," not an apology but a condolence "any preference for our destination?"

Unkabear
2010-05-21, 06:23 PM
Cael nodded, before he was too occupied to really take this in. This was an important event, something that had to happen. The loss would always sting, but was necessary.

"Is there a specific path, or events that I should visit? Or are the teathers simply important if they tie to me in some way?" Perhaps it was his brush with Cael that began Daniel Swords journey to who he was today. Cael could hope that it was the case. Standing at ground zero really put it all together.

Raynn
2010-05-22, 05:59 PM
"There are events where you do need to be, the war of light, the infinity armageddon but not yet. For now you are learning, and what comes comes. If you do not have a preference for your destination I can pick one for you?" He/She waits for Cael's response.

Unkabear
2010-05-23, 01:04 PM
Cael nods. "Lets do that. I am sort of enjoying the suprise of witnessing my life from another perspective."

Raynn
2010-05-23, 06:40 PM
Cael's view explodes with colour until he sees he has appeared in a hospital wing, a maternity ward.

The little man has become a white suit wearing bald middle aged man with a think white/grey beard.

He points towards the forth room down the hall "You're about to be born in there. . . OH and someone's trying to kill you."

He says non-chalantly, with little other explanation.

Assuming Cael was born in a hospital, can change if he wasn't.

Raynn
2010-05-29, 12:39 PM
Unkabear. . .?:smallfrown:

Unkabear
2010-05-29, 01:24 PM
Sorry, but I have been at work or asleep most of this week. I am even at work today :smallfrown:

"It seems to be the story of my life, why not from the beginning?" Cael says accepting this fact as an inevitability. But before he goes about searching for who is out to kill him Cael reaches out with his senses seeing if he could feel a disturbance, or perhaps someone else's intent to do harm instead of good.

Raynn
2010-05-29, 02:37 PM
Down the hallway he senses. . . Lord British?

Cael feels some new power kick in, he sees something. . .

Time as a ball of. . . wibbly wobbly timey wimey?

He sees snipets of Lord british's life, not his biography but enough to give Cael an idea, a general idea of his timeline.

His origin is from the not only a parallel universe but a parallel Multi-verse! It seems he gains amazing powers in any universe with a british Isles. His original multi-verse was destroyed by a hero known as NightClaw when he faced that Multi-verse's Omega after having absorbed the sentient energy of creation inprisoned at the heart of the doom coil, Omega had absorbed the sentient anti-energy of Destruction that made up the doom coil. The two fought across that Multiverse in a battle where both wielded omnipotence.

In the end NightClaw was forced to destroy the Multiverse and recreate it to rob both him and Omega of their power. After this he didn't know if he had resurrected the Multiverse or killed everyone in existence and simply created an exact copy.

He went mad and became a hero known as Laughing Man, his alien armour having been replaced with the powers that were left in him as an echo of the alpha, the sentient energy of creation. He later joined a team called the FrontLiners who's current location is unknown to Lord British.

Lord British survived from the old multiverse and swore to undo Laughing Man's work. Also that Omega most likely survived in this multiverse as well.

If Lord British kills Cael as a child then he will not be able to help win the Battle of Claremont Academy, this will lead to the deaths of the team known as the Navigation Club, which means that HawkGirl would one day be easily able to capture Isiah Washington who when finally killed by Kryptonian technology will recreat a large enough rift in time to massively increase the rift in Cael's universe spreading it across the whole multiverse, damaging time so badly that he is able to travel back through his own time line collapsing Cael's universe in the process as it is converted into energy to recreat his own.

If Cael dies as a infant then the whole Multiverse goes with him.

Lord British knows little of Cael, believing him to have died at the Battle of Claremont.

He thinks it will be as easy as taking candy from a baby. . .

Unkabear
2010-05-29, 03:40 PM
Cael was more than a little pleased with this new ability. Being a creature outside of time and space had its high points.

Cael strode through the halls looking for the man known as Lord British. Though Cael had to admit, the man had little imagination. That would be like calling himself Sir American! But then men possessed by a drive to destroy one multiverse for the chance at potentially recreating their own could not really be considered imaginative or even sane for that matter.

Cael uses his connection to the man to follow to where he was. "Excuse me sir, may I help you?" he said placing his hand upon Lord Brittain's shoulder. It was obvious that Cael was not a doctor, sooner or later he would take the time to mend his clothing and clean himself up. The smell of smoke and powdered concrete still hung in the air about him. Somehow falling through several lengths of TIME did nothing to wear away the smell that he had become used to. But that was how the fates dealt the cards.

Still Cael kept a smile on his face and his hand upon Lord Brittan's shoulder!

Raynn
2010-05-29, 03:46 PM
Lord British is actually dressed must as the name would suggest, making him stand out a mile, he wears not only the flag's colours but also it's design, he wears a suit and tophat.

His eye's widen as he recognises Cael's face from the stolen files he had read. He stands swinging a punch towards Caels stomach.

"Does anyone stay dead in this Multiverse!"

Attack roll [roll0]
DC 31

Unkabear
2010-05-29, 03:53 PM
Sooner or later I need to sit down with you and figure out my new PL & PP Count because I have a feeling that they aren’t in the pl 11 pp165 range anymore.

[roll0]

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Stunned & Bruised, so I will take a free action here

Cael took the hit hard. So far he had fared better up to this point, but that was luck for you. She was a fickle !@#$%. Giving himself a moment to allow the breath to flow back into his lungs he (with great effort) stood up straight and looked into Lord Brittan's eyes, letting the man know what was upon him. Cael was not about to take this lightly.

"I was offering you a chance to talk this out. But you are wearing upon my patience."

Raynn
2010-05-29, 04:04 PM
"And you mine." As he speaks with a cold tone and sword made of silver energy forms in his hand, he points it towards Cael as everyone else in the room begins to scream and run.

"You won't be the first hero I put back in the grave."

He lunges forward and his sword easily passes into Caels heart. . .

And has no effect what so ever.

The little man stands at the end of the hall and shouts towards you, Lord British doesn't seem aware of him "by the way Cael, I should have mentioned this, your tethers make you an inherent fact of time and space, he can't kill you!"

Cael now has Immunity 40: all Lethal Damage.

Unkabear
2010-05-29, 04:49 PM
For a moment Cael tenses as the sword closes, but as it goes through him Cael began to get a feeling that this was not going to be as painful as he thought it would be.

Cael looked down upon the sword and then looked into Lord Brittan’s eyes as his hand clasped over Lord Brittan’s hands and pulled himself free of the blade. “You really shouldn’t have done that. I was going to let you off with a warning, but now you have gone and tried to kill me. I do not take kindly to those that try go kill me and mine.” Cael was feeling a bit spiteful and looked through time and space where the British isles had not only never risen to a place of power, but the islands never survived the breaking up of Pangaea and only existed as the floor of the ocean. “Happy Birthday to Me.” He said as he forced Lord Brittan through to this wondrous new world.

Then he turned to a room where the cries of a baby could be heard. He never knew his mother, but perhaps she would have liked to have known him.

Raynn
2010-05-30, 05:54 PM
Lord British is able to dodge the portal attack. He dashes to the other side of the room never faltering from his fencing stance, he bent his neck to the side as he says "That is different?"

He swings his sword hand and two more energy swords shoot through the air towards cael, the room full of shouts and screams.

"Catch, you trenchcoated pin cushion!"

Attack Roll 1: [roll0] DC 23
Attack Roll 2: [roll1] DC 23

Unkabear
2010-06-01, 10:59 PM
"I am sorry, but I cannot allow you to ruin my birthday present to myself." Cael steps forward accepting the swords to allow him to come close enough to touch Lord British and force him to the world without Brittan.

[roll0]

Raynn
2010-06-02, 10:32 AM
Lord British dodges, pulling his swords back form Cael, he spins his hands as arcane symbols dance through the air, whispering something in an ancient language as a portal forms behind himself "I had really hoped I wouldn't have to see that Isiah B****** again but I guess I'll have to do this the straight forward way."

With that he disappears back through the portal, the people in the hospital still screaming and rushing about.

The little man walks forward to Cael's side "the Fall needs you, it requires your time travel abilities. . . but your journey is not over."

Unkabear
2010-06-02, 08:09 PM
Cael wonders for a moment why it would matter when he goes anywhere when time travel was involved. But he thought better of it. Perhaps it was not something that he cared to know right now.

"Give me one moment." he says opening a door to someone that he only remembered in pictures.

Raynn
2010-06-03, 07:03 PM
As Cael pushes open the door of the room he sees a handful of medical staff rushing around. He realises he doesn't see a man out of scrubs. No one seems to remark to him as the nurses leave, most of them anyway.

They seem to be trying to figure out what caused the screams and shouts from the corridor. Cael likely doesn't have long before he is discovered.

Then he sees her, exhausted, barely conscious, but with a perfect smile streched across her glowing face. Holding something tiny in a bundle of blue cloth. She doesn't look up, she doesn't even seem to notice the Cael of the future.

The little man steps inside after a few moments, he wears the garbs of a doctor but remains silent.

Unkabear
2010-06-03, 08:58 PM
Cael walks in on the woman, and himself. Knowing that he only has a moment he looks to her. "Hello Mother." he said somehow knowing that she would not be overwhelmed by this revelation.

The woman looks up, her eyes a striking blue, like looking into a mirror. She then looked down into the intense blue eyes of the boy in her arms and nods. "Hello Cael, what can Luludja do for you?"

"You have already done everything for me, though it would pain me to ask another favor. I just wanted to know you."

"Know me? Why would you not know me?"

"It will not be long, but what I was told was that you had a vision..."

"You of all people should know that the Roma cannot see the future." she cut him off to say.

"Then perhaps I am your vision. You are not destined to raise me mother. I was raised by a cop in Chicago, and eventually Freedom City."

"A cop...you do not mean Edward?"

"Yeah, Uncle Eddie. I have never stopped loving you, but it is something that needs to happen, there are things that he will teach me that I will need in the times to come."

"I am not sure if I can do that Cael."

"Just now I stopped a man from killing my younger self. It would be for the best. Make up whatever story you think Eddie would believe, but it would be for the best."

The moment between them continued in silence, it seemed to stretch on forever, yet it only lasted a moment. "I...I have to go now."

"I know, it would seem that you are destined to be great. And tell the little man in blue that he looks ridiculous."

Cael smiled and focused his intent. It was time for Dire to know that Cael was not dead after all. "Good by Mom." Cael said while stepping through the portal.

Behind in a now empty hospital room a woman holds a baby and cries for the child that she will loose, and the man that he will become.