PDA

View Full Version : electricity based pyro/cryo kineticist (3.5)

alisbin
2010-05-02, 01:13 PM
hey mates,
i'm bringing in a new psionic character down the road and i want her to be psychokinetic with a particular flair for electricity. now i've seen the pyro and cryo PrCs but i can't find an electricity based version.
is there one? if not lets build one!

Flickerdart
2010-05-02, 01:14 PM
There's a lightning one in the same article as the rest. It makes the same changes as the acid one: -1 damage per die.

jokey665
2010-05-02, 01:15 PM
Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid, Sonic. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625e)

hamishspence
2010-05-02, 01:24 PM
That said, the Cryokineticist in Frostburn is not quite the same thing as in that article. It has slightly different powers, and has Any Lawful, as an alignment requirement.

alisbin
2010-05-02, 01:26 PM
thanks mates,
yeah, seeing the cryo version in frostburn was what made me think there might be an official electro version. pity about the -1 per die with no positive factor... oh well, i can tweak it a bit to what i want.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-02, 01:39 PM
thanks mates,
yeah, seeing the cryo version in frostburn was what made me think there might be an official electro version. pity about the -1 per die with no positive factor... oh well, i can tweak it a bit to what i want.

Those are optional adjustments.

And rather stupid too. Why should Electricity and Acid randomly be worse?

Just because they're cooler?

hamishspence
2010-05-02, 01:40 PM
Maybe because creatures are less likely to have resistance to acid?

Not sure why electricity, though.

Sinfonian
2010-05-02, 01:44 PM
The penalties are there because fire is one of the most common elements for monsters to have resistance/immunity to. Acid/Electricity have some creatures which are resistant to them, but far fewer than Fire. Resistance to Sonic is quite rare, thus the larger penalty.

Edit: Ninja'ed