PDA

View Full Version : [4E] Looking for Paladin-Shaman advice...

CarpeGuitarrem
2010-05-02, 01:26 PM
Okay, so...

I'm gonna be in a 4E campaign this summer, and I'm playing (wait for it...) a drow paladin/shaman hybrid. There's some interesting houserules in place that you may also like to know about, and that'll affect how the character plays out. I'm honestly not quite sure why one of them exists....

One: the paladin now has Charisma as his primary stat, with Strength and Wisdom as his secondaries. All powers altered accordingly.
Two: the paladin applies his Wisdom modifier to...dang, what was it? I wanna say Fortitude defense. Instead of Strength/Constitution Which I thought was an outright insane houserule (as in, too good to be true), but that's how it's going.....

The main reason why I'm hybriding paladin and shaman is because there's a concept I've got that seems really, really cool...and also viable. (This guy won't be filling any one role, we've got other roles covered well...a fighter, two 'locks, and a cleric) In this setting, drow have an affinity with the stars; this guy, from an order devoted to the stars, is able to call down a star in diminished form to move about the battlefield, heal allies, and even attack enemies. Aka the spirit companion.

So far, looks like it could work, with ranged healing capabilities galore, and the ability to use drow racial abilities to mess with closer enemies.

Tips? Thoughts?