PDA

View Full Version : Ganeshi Race! (4e)

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-02, 03:33 PM
Ganeshi
A tough, crude people with a strong sense of honor, devoted champions and hardened mercenaries.

Racial Traits

Ability Scores +2 Strength, +2 Constitution or Intelligence.
Size Medium
Speed 6 squares
Vision Normal

Languages Common, Choice of one other.
Skill Bonuses +2 to any 2 knowledge skills of your choice (an elephant never forgets)
Stubborn While bloodied the Ganeshi has a +1 to saving throws and a +2 to healing surge value.
Challenge seeker The Ganeshi has a +1 attack bonous vs non-bloodied targets.
Shock-wave Charge you gain the use of the Shock-wave Charge power.

Shock-wave Charge Ganeshi Racial Power
You charge your foe and the impact of the blow sends them sprawling
Encounter
Free Action / When you make a charge attack
Effect If the attack hits the target is knocked prone, takes an extra 1d4 damage, and is pushed a number of squares equal to your Constitution modifier.
lv112d4
lv21 3d4

Play an Sap-Blood if you want:
- To be a powerful tank.
- To be a humanoid with the head of an elephant.

Note: I'm Writing races for my 4e setting which doesn't have a name yet, those which get good feedback will be included.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-02, 04:22 PM
you may wanna come up with different name for that race- in M:tG there is an elephant race called Loxodons who are peace-loving nature pacifist hippies.

just letting you know so you don't cause confusion.

In other news, I annoyed with the limited expression we have, there is no "bored" smilie :smallannoyed:

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-02, 05:31 PM
you may wanna come up with different name for that race- in M:tG there is an elephant race called Loxodons who are peace-loving nature pacifist hippies.

just letting you know so you don't cause confusion.

In other news, I annoyed with the limited expression we have, there is no "bored" smilie :smallannoyed:

Can you help me think of a better name?

Yakk
2010-05-02, 05:41 PM
Needs more than just "I do combat".

Steal the PHB3 trick -- have one +2, then a choice of two other +2s. Maybe +2 str and +2 con or +2 int? (an elephant never forgets).

That gives the idea that the Loxo are scholars as well as warriors. Or +2 str and +2 wis (going with the simple). Or ...

Shock Wave Charge should trigger off hitting on a charge.

Add in "push the target con modifier squares, and knock prone".

Lord Raziere
2010-05-02, 06:42 PM
Can you help me think of a better name?

Well you want an Elephant race so.......

The Eleph maybe? I may have just taken away the "ant" but it sounds cool already.

or they could be the "Tusked Ones" or something along those lines, doesn't have to be one word.

if the languages weren't common and "choice of one other" I would recommend that you just make up some word for them that sounds good and say that their name for them in their native tongue, but since that option is out, I have no ideas other than what i just typed down.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2010-05-02, 06:48 PM
Name: The Ganeshi

Why? Ganesh (or Ganesha) is a Hindu god with an elephant head. Admittedly, he'd work better for a more intellectual race (he likes problem solving, wisdom, and science), but still.

The Tygre
2010-05-02, 07:21 PM
Name: The Ganeshi

Why? Ganesh (or Ganesha) is a Hindu god with an elephant head. Admittedly, he'd work better for a more intellectual race (he likes problem solving, wisdom, and science), but still.

And pancakes and candy, don't forget pancakes and candy.

erikun
2010-05-02, 08:30 PM
So what is this race supposed to do? Is is just supposed to be an elephant person? Is it supposed to fill some role or follow some theme?

Right now, it looks like a low-grade minotaur, complete with a racial power that requires charging to be useful.

Chainsaw Hobbit
2010-05-03, 06:12 PM
So what is this race supposed to do? Is is just supposed to be an elephant person? Is it supposed to fill some role or follow some theme?

Right now, it looks like a low-grade minotaur, complete with a racial power that requires charging to be useful.

I guess I'll power it up and flavorise it a little.