PDA

View Full Version : The Black Flight [3.5] Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-02, 04:00 PM
You each awaken, vision slightly blurry, in the ruined husk of an inn. Everything had happened so fast. One minute, it was as normal as an inn in such a quiet locale could be...

The next, the smoking husk of a pegasus came crashing through the wall, half its body melted to the bone. From the open door, the second floor living area of a small shop across the street seemed to break apart in the rain. You remember a few managed to leap to action. The first to leave the door, a stout dwarf with a crossbow shouldered, made it a full two steps before he froze in place, perfectly motionless. A shadowy creature, nearly seven feet tall with leathery wings, landed beside him, a pair of heavy picks glinting in its hands. Then came the popping of timbers, and the entire inn came crashing down.

Glancing around, it seems that the townsfolk have been busy throughout the night. A half dozen pegasi are visible near the bonfire in the town square, being led in the clearing efforts, their harnesses attached by rope to fallen building supports. Illuminated also in the blaze is the body of the winged figure from before, now clearly visible as a half dragon. The other half was clearly orcish. Several individuals in breastplate made entirely of tinted glass seem to be directing the excavation of the inn, alternating between barking orders, clearing rubble, and attaching harness lines to fallen beams. Farther back, a single aging robed figure with a staff surveys the scene, speaking to what appears to be a pair of tall birdlike creatures, roughly humanoid in shape.

A quick glance around reveals the inn to be the most damaged structure in the vicinity... though to call what remained a structure would be generous. Only two walls remain standing in the main tavern area, the ones nearest to the back storage area.

The last thing you notice, perhaps because it's the farthest from the bonfire, is what appears to be the remnants of the main attacker. Large, scorched bones rest, scattered, against the ground. By large, it appears that the largest of you could comfortably stand in the husk of its ribcage. It appears to be the blackened, flayed skeleton of a dragon, though it's been so utterly annihilated as to make the process of identifying its color impossible for those not versed in draconic bone structure. Regardless, it appears to have measured nearly 80 feet from nose to tail.

OOC: This is the scene that each of you awake to. The aftermath of what appears to be a rather cataclysmic struggle. All party gear is intact. However, the collapse of the inn was a rather traumatic experience. Your nonlethal damage sustained is equal to your (maximum HP - 1). Actual HP are at full, which is more than can be said for many of the townspeople.

Knowledge Checks available: Arcana/Religion (for information about the dragon husk or the half dragon)
Local (for information about the glass armored figures, or the robed figure
Planes (For information about the birdlike creatures)
Architecture (For information concerning the building)

Perhaps more, ask if there's anything you want more detail on.

EDIT: Also, I never start a game depriving characters of items or spells, so consider your rest under the rubble of the building restful enough for spell preparation.

Superglucose
2010-05-02, 04:54 PM
Solares

Well, that's a job well done. Solares looks around a bit and then checks over his eagle. After that he'll head on over to the robed figure. Is there anyone that needs healing?

Keld Denar
2010-05-02, 04:57 PM
Denaru

Standing and dusting his armor off, Denaru seaches frantically for his companion Ignis before surveying the damage.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll=Planes]1d20+15[roll]

Keld Denar
2010-05-02, 04:58 PM
Ooopse

[roll0]

Superglucose
2010-05-02, 05:01 PM
Can I turn into a cave anklyosaurus:

[roll0]

EDIT: Yes, yes I can :smallamused:

Saph
2010-05-02, 05:17 PM
Ignis

Ignis comes limping through the rubble. As soon as he sees Denaru he relaxes slightly. "That was quite a welcome. Better heal yourself up, just in case that wasn't all of it."

Enter Hunter's Sense stance. Knowledge checks:

Arcana: [roll0]
Local: [roll1]
Planes: [roll2]

If any of those count as identifying a creature for the purpose of Collector of Stories, add five to the first applicable roll.

Toliudar
2010-05-02, 05:20 PM
Mead

The little gnome is grateful for her compact frame, which had been sandwiched in between two falling beams during the collapse of the inn. Mead wondered in the abstract who could hate a building enough to so clearly target it. Methodically, she inventories her supplies, and confirms that she is still equipped and ready for her work. Calamity was no excuse for untidiness, and before extricating herself from the beams, she resets her long silver hair and clears the soot and dust out of her clothes.

Mead glances around to ensure that her recent travelling companions were also up and about.

"Well, that was jolly impertinent. Hardly seemed like pirates. Did any of you catch sight of what did all this?"

Continuing the perambulations outside, she discovers the answer to her own question, with an examination of the remains of the massive dragon.

"Fascinating. Fascinating! To see a wyrm of this scale is rare enough. To have it fall in battle over...an inn? Extraordinary."

Knowledge Arcana: [roll0]
Knowledge Religion: [roll1]
Spellcraft: [roll2] - to try to identify what magic, if any, brought down the dragon.
Search: [roll3] Looking among the ruins of the inn for anything out of place.
Spot: [roll4] On principle.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-02, 05:59 PM
@Skill checks:
Arcana: Your group can identify the dragon bones as belonging to a Red dragon.

Religion: Scorched Symbols on the dragon's bones seem to predate the combat. They're reminiscent of necromancy, and...

Local: ..the dialects are reminiscent of jungle cults, possibly of Chult. Further, the robed figure seems to be wearing the insignia of a Nimbral lord.

Planes: The winged creature is an Avoral, which is a Guardinal possessed of powerful healing ability.

Spellcraft: Not a lot is discernable about the specific spells, after such a length of time. However, you can glean that they were most likely targeted, single target spells, and, judging by the clean breaks in the bones, Disintigrate was likely thrown at least once.

Search: It will take some time to sift through the rubble, I'll get back to you on this.

The robed figure concentrates for a moment, and another Avoral appears. He then replies to Solares, "Healing is well in hand, sir. The immediate threat is passed, and with the fall of their master, the half-dragons are either dead here, or dead at sea. Baffling, though. Positively baffling."

Following that, he gestures to the new avoral, who travels over to the bonfire area, and begins to heal the wounded.

Superglucose
2010-05-02, 06:03 PM
Anything you need help with then?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-02, 06:11 PM
Another Avoral pops into being. The robed figure speaks to it in infernal (which gives the creature no small amount of distaste.)

Infernal text"No violence. Reverse the inflicted pain. Serve the human in glass armor."

He then replies to you, in common, "Likely, if you're competent enough to be of use. Speak to the lead Knight. He'll be able to provide more specifics."

Superglucose
2010-05-02, 06:28 PM
Solares issue a command to his eagle, who takes flight and circles overhead. (basically a "heel" command)

After that, he walks up to the knight in charge. Is there any way I can help?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-02, 06:36 PM
The knight seems a bit harried at the moment, as he replies, "Depends on what you can do. You just a pair of hands? An architect? A tracker? Let me know what you can... Damn it, Geoff, you're going to get that pegasus a broken leg if you keep fouling the lines like that! Clear away the rubble first!"

Superglucose
2010-05-02, 06:42 PM
Solares gives a forlorn smile.

Tracking, a pair of hands, healing, I can do any of them. Just let me know what you need me to find or do, and I'll gladly take care of it.

IonDragon
2010-05-02, 07:13 PM
Mudvayne

Slow to rise, Mud shakes some plaster from his head, doing little to tidy his appearance and squeaks: Was I drinking moonshine again? Mother always said something like this would happen.

Keld Denar
2010-05-02, 08:18 PM
Denaru

If you require immediate assistance with healing, I can assist. I believe my services as a Tormtar might be better put to use. Do you have any idea why a creature like that would attack in such a reckless fasion? It seems uncharacteristic.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-02, 11:39 PM
The human in the glass armor looks at Denaru sharply... Almost suspiciously. "Funny you should mention that. See, that thing, by all accounts, was ancient. From what I've gathered from the lords, such a... thing... is akin to having the combined mind of mankind's last 20 greatest tactical minds. The attack came at a time that would suggest a lot of planning, but the creature itself was haphazard in its attack, clumsy. That hardly speaks to centuries of genius. One would expect to see the attack be masterfully executed. Instead, it appears that it was executed with all the precision of an ogre with a greatclub.

The Lords tell me it's an indication that the attack was coordinated from the ground, else we'd have received more notice. They've also told me that the signal magic that started this off couldn't have come from within this town. As such, I need some eyes outside the town, to scour for the collaborators. Between the relief efforts from the attack, and increased patrols, the Nimbral Knights are somewhat stretched thin. I've been told that those who bring those responsible for this to justice will receive a reward befitting their actions. The lords have not seen fit to pass on precisely what that reward would be, but were you so inclined, I assure you, it would not go unnoticed."

OOC:Checks allowed for all: Listen
Checks allowed for those listening to the Knight that spoke above: Sense Motive x2

Superglucose
2010-05-02, 11:50 PM
Is that the guy I'm talking to as well?
Listen: [roll0]
Sense Motive: [roll1]
Sense Motive: [roll2]

Lol... 7, 9, 9, 1

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-02, 11:54 PM
Skill results:Sense motive: You get the feeling that he's not convinced that the Nimbral Lord is correct about the collaborator being outside the town.

Listen: You overhear one of the other knights utter the phrase, ...zombie dragons... What's next?"

And yes, you're speaking to the same knight.

Toliudar
2010-05-03, 12:05 AM
Mead

Mead does her best to follow the conversation from a distance, while trying to piece together what must have happened for the inn to collapse in the way it did.

Listen [roll0]

Keld Denar
2010-05-03, 12:13 AM
Denaru

Do you have any leads or know in what direction it would be best for us to investigate in? I'm new to the island.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Yessssss......tell me what you are hiding....yes....!!!!!

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-03, 12:22 AM
@Toliudar: Knowledge Architecture would cover figuring out the collapse.

@Skill checks:Mead's Listen doesn't pick out anything.

Denaru: Listen picks up the same phrase from a different knight. "...zombie dragons... What's next?"

Sense Motive reveals that first, he's not sure that the collaborator is outside of the town.

You also get the impression that he is deliberately omitting information.

The response, "Leads? They'd need to be fairly nearby, within a couple miles or so. Also, they'd likely want a good view of the eastern sky. The shoreline to the east is dotted with coastal caves. That'd be the most obvious place, outside of a second floor room at the inn."

Keld Denar
2010-05-03, 12:53 AM
Denaru

I suggest we explore here as much as possible, maybe talk to anyone who saw the events, and then check out the cliffs. Do you agree?

Phoenix:

Before the party takes leave, Denaru flags the commander away from the others a second. In a low, stern voice, he says: I sense a hesitance inside of you. I assure you, the Tormtar are NOT your enemy here. Lives have been lost. Innocent lives. If you know ANYTHING that would help, I implore you to divest it. Harboring information will only lead to a greater loss of life. You do NOT want to have that blood on your hand, and neither do I.

[roll0]

Saph/Phoenix:
Denaru takes a moment to weave a dweomer over himself and Ignis, boosting their resiliance. Greater Resistance for the next 24 hours on both characters. A Shield Other will come soon.

Toliudar
2010-05-03, 01:06 AM
Mead

The gnome looks up from her sifting of the rubble.

"I'd be interested in following up on this with you, if you'll have me."

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-03, 01:30 AM
@Denaru:To which the guard answers back, also quietly, "There are three reasons I'm not telling you everything. First? I'm a bit busy. Second? If the collaborator IS in the town, then they know more than others. Keeping something back allows us to know when someone says something they shouldn't know. And third? I don't know you. If you want my confidence, show yourself deserving of it.

As for the rest, you're welcome to check the town, and inspect the cliff face."

Concerning buffs:Noted.

For all: Let me know when you buff, who is being buffed, and duration of that buff. If special class features are used (e.g. Share Spell, etc), let me know.

Saph
2010-05-03, 04:38 AM
Ignis

Ignis keeps a watchful eye over the conversation between Denaru and the commander, but doesn't cut in. As Denaru casts his spell he nods. "Thanks. I agree, it's worth investigating. Let's make sure we're ready for any trouble." He takes out a rod and casts a pair of spells before starting what looks like a set of exercises.

Shift into Mystic Phoenix Stance.
Take out Lesser Rod Extend.
Cast Greater Mighty Wallop on flail.
Cast Greater Mage Armour.
After that, start on readying my maneuvers for the day. It takes five minutes.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-03, 04:46 AM
@All : The robed in the area has been summoning an Avoral once a round, every round, since you woke up.

Avorals in the area are available for healing. Each PC may avail themselves of up to 66 HP worth of healing (which will remove an equivalent amount of nonlethal damage).

Saph
2010-05-03, 04:58 AM
Ignis

Ignis will take the healing, thank the Avoral in question, and get back to working on his buffs.

Five minutes for maneuvers, then 10 minutes to cast Create Magic Tattoo, extended via rod. After that I'm ready to go.

Toliudar
2010-05-03, 08:13 AM
Mead will pause in her search of the ruins of the inn to avail herself of the healing. While being healed, she establishes the basic protection she uses every day.

Mead will happily take healing from an avoral. She casts mage armour on herself.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-03, 09:44 AM
Concerning Townspeople:What is the overall goal here? Are we talking generalized information gathering? Are you looking for something more specific?

Superglucose
2010-05-03, 10:06 AM
Solares will gratefully take the healing, graciously thank the avoral, and then turn to Denaru. It might be best if I checked out the cliffs now. I can be there and back very shortly, and see if anything is out of the ordinary.

With that, Solares will cast Longstrider on himself and then he'll Wildshape into an eagle and take off, heading towards the cliffs. On my way I'll make a spot check for anything out of the ordinary. [roll0]

IonDragon
2010-05-03, 10:08 AM
Mudvayne

To an Avoral:
Excuse me, A quick little bow but might I recieve a small amount of healing from you?
Kn. The Planes [roll0](Untrained, max 15) for information regarding Avorals

Mud casts Mage Armor (10 hour duration) and if no buffs are currently up, Glyph Seal Arcane Fusion: Scintillating Scales, Shield to one spell pouch and Glyph Seal Dragon Skin to the other. Then request healing from an Avoral.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-03, 10:17 AM
Skill checks:

Mead:Search results: You've located fragments of unscorched dragon bone. The runes on it are much clearer.
Solares:There are signs of inhabitants in a set of caves right at the shoreline. It doesn't appear entirely easy to get to; the surf is crashing pretty hard against the entrance. Still, you're relatively sure that there is light coming from the cave.
Mudvayne:No new avoral information with a 12. Healing is provided as needed.

Superglucose
2010-05-03, 10:27 AM
Solares will then elect to return to the party, land, turn back into a good old human, and say, There are some people living in the caves. It might be worth out time to go check them out, but just in case they are hostiles (and did cause the attack on the town) I would rather not face them alone. After all, pride goeth before a fall, and I have too many people to help and things to see to fall quite yet.

Toliudar
2010-05-03, 12:24 PM
Mead

Mead nods at Solares' news that the caves are occupied. She shows the bone fragment to the others. She speaks softly.

"I'll turn this over to the knights once we've had a look.

"These marks and runes are not new. I'm no expert in such things, but it looks like the red dragon was a zombie, or some other such mindless form of undead. This is not reassuring. Not only does it show that the true perpetrator is willing to use the walking dead as a tool, but that they are powerful enough to acquire the body of an ancient dragon. Presumably, by killing it."

IonDragon
2010-05-03, 12:57 PM
Mudvayne

Shrilly peepsPerhaps not so disturbing. It answers more questions than if this was some sort of intelligent creature. Though it does raise more questions than it answers. Might I have a closer look?

Kn. Arcana [roll0]
Spellcraft [roll1]

To identify what type of undead this was.

Superglucose
2010-05-03, 01:04 PM
Solares muses, If they had the capacity to slay a red dragon, then animate it, and then command it to attack this town, specifically the tavern, why not simply command the dragon to attack the town? It cuts out two steps of the process and is much more likely to destroy the town.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-03, 01:11 PM
@Skill checks:Religion handles undead knowledge.

Heal may also be of use.

Saph
2010-05-03, 01:32 PM
Ignis

Having finished with his spells, Ignis ambles over sporting a snazzy new tattoo. "Hard to believe something that powerful would be hanging around in a nearby cave. Still, let's have a look. Might be interesting, eh?"

Knowledge: Religion: [roll0] to try to identify what type of undead it was.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-03, 01:35 PM
@Skill check:Smooth bone fragments seem to indicate that it wasn't meat covered when it came in. That rules out zombie. You're not sure exactly what it was, but one thing is clear. It wasn't a skeleton either. Scuttlebutt is that it flew in. Skeleton dragons don't fly.

Saph
2010-05-03, 01:37 PM
"Huh. Not a skeleton or a zombie. Haven't fought anything exactly like that before."

IonDragon
2010-05-03, 07:15 PM
Are we certain we should leave at haste? I am not seeing anything I can do to assist the triage efforts, but if there is anything we can do we should do so... But if you could be quick about it all the better. As he taps his foot impatiently. Hasty action can not be taken back, but there is no worse action than inaction.

Toliudar
2010-05-03, 09:42 PM
Mead

The gnome process Mudvayne's comments, her head tilted to one side. Her mouth opens and closes experimentally for a moment before she's able to actually respond.

"I'm sorry. My mind must still be muddled from having a roof dropped on it. Are you saying that we should go, or stay?"

Keld Denar
2010-05-04, 12:13 AM
Denaru

If something is camped along the shore, and its still there, its unlikely that it will depart in the immediate future. I suggest we talk to any witnesses while the memory is still fresh in their heads. We can leave in an hour or so for the cliffs.

Phoenix

Denaru questions anyone around who may have seen the events, making sense motive checks at +20 against each to make sure he gets the whole truth while asking if any around have been more forthcoming in telling the tail. Best to ask the people who want to talk first. Denaru makes SURE that his holy symbol is in plain sight of anyone he talks to while using his best "calming" voice.

Do you want any other checks? I figure you can roll as many sense motives as needed.

Superglucose
2010-05-04, 12:42 AM
Solares smiles at the canny response of his once-companion.

He's saying that if we have things we need to do here, then we should do them quickly because while it is important that we investigate the caves, it may not be as urgent as other matters.

IonDragon
2010-05-04, 01:45 AM
I should be doing something to help, but I have no skills which would be of any great assistance in this situation. I will find out what people saw, if I can.

Mud walks off, kicking a rock as he goes, to find out what people saw from different angles of the attack. Looking in particular for relevant details such as what direction the dragon came from, a more clear physical description of said dragon, and any other persons of note who may have evaded capture.

Gather info: [roll0]
Diplomacy (if necessary, else ignore)[roll1]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-04, 06:38 AM
@Denaru:I'm going to start people's attitudes at friendly, for you, provided they recognize your rank, and are a fan of good deities.

Basically, the same accounts are told. Most people didn't see a lot, as almost everyone that was outside wound up dead. However, there were a dozen or so half dragons of various types that landed with the dragon. All were red, though the base races varied between orcs, humans, lizardfolk, and one ogre. From a description of their fighting, you don't doubt that you could have taken them one on one, though it'd have been a good fight.

@Ion:Your diplomacy gets people helpful, and your gather information assists you in finding someone inside a house across the street from the inn. According to him, a great bone dragon flew in and landed on the inn. From its mouth came a green caustic spray, and wherever it touched, things melted away. It seems that the inn became a victim of the dragon's bulk, and it got caught up in the rubble. It was at that point that several casters appeared in the sky, and the resulting waves of magic energy destroyed the creature.

Saph
2010-05-04, 08:23 AM
Ignis

Ignis will accompany Denaru, listening with interest to the accounts.

Toliudar
2010-05-04, 01:03 PM
Mead accompanies Mudvayne, scribbling notes furiously as people talk about their experiences the night before. It was always fascinating to see people in crises. It brought out the best, and the worst.

IonDragon
2010-05-04, 04:49 PM
Mudvayne

I am so very confused right now. So here's what we know: Some form of SKELETAL undead, formerly RED dragon FLEW into town, landed on top of the inn and began to breathe ACID, presumably just for kicks. Then some casters showed up, with whom I am unfamiliar, but I think it's safe to assume they are not agents of our enemies.

We can speculate on the way. We have to travel over water to get to these caves? I have no method of flight...

Kn. Arcana [roll0]
Is there some manner of transforming a Dragon's breath weapon type in a manner similar to Energy Substitution?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-04, 05:28 PM
@Skill checks:Spellcraft would be the appropriate skill.

IonDragon
2010-05-04, 05:39 PM
Spellcraft:[roll0]

Superglucose
2010-05-04, 05:40 PM
We can speculate on the way. We have to travel over water to get to these caves? I have no method of flight...

Solares smiles, and points to his eagle flying overhead. Sure you do!

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-04, 06:07 PM
@Spellcraft:There are spells that are available to change breath weapons from one element to another. Breath Weapon Substitution is the most obvious, though incredibly powerful dragons can access Breath Weapon Admixture. The former would allow a red dragon to breath acid. The latter would allow a red dragon to breathe Acid and Fire at the same time.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-05, 07:30 PM
Sooo.... Actions?

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 07:32 PM
Solares signals down his eagle. Come with me, Mud. The others will follow behind us. Let's go check out the caves. With that, Solares will mount the eagle and stick Mud in front of him like a little kid on a horse, and guide his eagle up into the air.

(Working on a good name for the eagle)

Toliudar
2010-05-05, 08:05 PM
Mead raises her hand.

"If there's room for one more modest passenger on your, ah, eagle, Solares, then I would be delighted to join you as well. I think it would be an exceptional way to become familiar with the territory. Might that be possible?"

If it helps, Mead and all of her gear works out to about 55 pounds.

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 08:17 PM
What, no fly effect? :smalltongue:

That should work fine, Solares says, smiling. You'll have to ride in back; however, I need to be able to reach her shoulders to guide her properly, and while I can reach around Mud, I'm not sure I can get past you both.

Carrying capacity of this eagle is >300 lbs and I'm only about 220. Mud counts as size tiny iirc so I'll have to cast Bull's Strength on him, but that shouldn't be too big of a deal. Bull's Strength == best fly spell ever.

Toliudar
2010-05-05, 08:25 PM
Mead smiles.

"Behind you would be just fine. I suspect that I'll spend the trip looking down anyway."

Why use a spell slot when you can ride in style - and keep chatting along the way?

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 08:27 PM
Well, 2nd level spell slot at least. I *do* have to Bull's Strength to get off the ground. Solares is; however, very glad for the company. He likes people!

Solares gives a warm smile. Usually I tell passengers of your size that they should avoid looking down! Something about the dizzying height and realizing that they are putting their trust in an eagle that likes to have a bit of fun...

Toliudar
2010-05-05, 08:35 PM
Mead stiffens slightly.

"Perhaps it's specific to my Lantaana culture, but it is often considered unwise to comment on a woman's size. And I assure you that I am very much looking forward to your eagle's careering.

I don't have a good sense of how far away these caves are. If the flight's going to take more than a few minutes, you could always just wildshape into a large-sized flyer, and then that one of our big-uns could ride you!

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 08:40 PM
Solares rolls his eyes and gives a soft chuckle, And I promise you that nature does care about your size: too big and she will not permit my bird to leave the ground, too small and she will let you slip from the saddle. Culture has no meaning next to the fine balance between life and death we walk every day.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-05, 09:06 PM
@Aerial expedition:

The sea is rather choppy as you approach. Still, as you reach the cave system, luck appears to be with you. The tide is low, and it appears that the surf that looked treacherous earlier is now somewhat more hospitable. The midmorning wind appears to be a bit stiff, and the rocks wet and slick, but it appears that at least you won't have crashing waves assaulting your back as you enter. The cave entrance appears to directly face the water, and it looks to be about 10 feet tall, and equally wide. Indeed, with the surf this low, you could likely fly directly into the cave, if you were careful.

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 09:14 PM
Solares smiles joyfully, obviously reflecting the anticipations of his animal companion when he sees the small opening. Hold on to your hats!

Yes, we're flying in.

IonDragon
2010-05-05, 09:26 PM
Mud holds his Haversack tightly to his chest and clutches at whatever is handy. Even more tightly over the water.

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 09:29 PM
Noticing this, Solares urges his mount into a steep, spiraling dive, coming out of it and continuing to corkscrew back up in the air, barely skimming the water. He laughs wildly as he calls out to Mud, I know it's what you're called, but you won't actually wash away if you get a little wet my friend!

IonDragon
2010-05-05, 09:32 PM
I don't. Like. The water, he replies through clenched teeth.

Toliudar
2010-05-05, 09:35 PM
Mead

Mead doesn't understand Solares desire for precipitous action, but she was effectively a barely-tolerated passenger on this ride, so held her tongue. She did, however, try to ensure that they had a true picture of what was actually in the cave.

Unless it's dangerous for her to do so while flying, Mead will cast See Invisibility as they get close to the cave.

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 09:38 PM
Barely tolerated? :smallbiggrin: You have a lot to learn about Solares! He loves people and loves having fun.

Finishing off his laugh, Solares will guide his eagle into the cave and dismount, helping the clearly panicked Mud out. We'll have an easier time getting out, I promise.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-05, 10:15 PM
@Entry group: The cave appears to narrow rather quickly within 15 feet in, to approximately 6 feet high, and 4 feet wide. This forces a rather immediate landing; however, you're out of the low tide surf. Judging by the waterlines on the walls, it reaches 2-3 feet deep where you stand at high tide.

Normal detection modes:The cave entrance is dimly lit by a torch a little further ahead , and the passage slopes upwards, rising what looks to be about 10 feet before leveling off, and rounding a corner to the right.

@Special senses:Mindsight is picking up two individuals ahead. Both are Int 12. Based on the sense, they're a ways down the passage to the right.

IonDragon
2010-05-05, 10:47 PM
Mudvein

Mud will attempt to meld into the shadows, and remain hidden.

Assuming we can wait here for the 5 min it takes for the others to arrive. Does "Special Senses" include Darkvision/Low light?

Toliudar
2010-05-05, 10:51 PM
Mead

Mead slides quietly off of the eagle, and raises her hand. Her thoughts curl into the minds of her two colleagues.

"Careful. There are two intelligent creatures around the corner to the right."

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-05, 10:52 PM
@senses:It will include those senses, when they apply.

In addition, the minds are quite distant. 90 feet away.

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 11:16 PM
I'll go scout on up ahead. Solares shifts into simolodon form, and slowly creeps further into the cave.

Hide: [roll0] EDIT: I ROLLED A 4! DID EVERYONE SEE THAT? I ROLLED A 4!
Move Silently: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]
Survival for Scent: [roll4]

Toliudar
2010-05-05, 11:25 PM
Mead nods, and steps out to the entrance to the cave, to watch for the Tormites.

"As you wish. I'll keep a mental eye on you, and wait for the others. If you let me know what you find, we'll be ready to help."

Saph
2010-05-06, 04:33 AM
Ignis

Ignis will approach the cave on foot and with a rope. I think we can assume Denaru will be coming as well.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 08:30 AM
@Scouting:You travel up the ramp and around the corner ahead. The torchlight makes it possible to see about 20 feet down the hallway. About 15 feet ahead, there's a chasm, covering the passage from one side to the other (passage is about 5 feet wide).

Scent isn't picking anything up.
Listen hears a faint clicking, as of something hard connecting with stone.

If you possess low light vision: The chasm appears to be 10 feet across. The ground resumes, and continues for another 15 feet, before being swallowed into darkness.

Saph
2010-05-06, 08:53 AM
Tell us when/if Keld and I reach the encounter area.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 09:04 AM
Will do. It'll be 10 rounds or so from now.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 09:23 AM
Jump check to leap across:
[roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 09:28 AM
@Jump:DC failed by less than 5. DC 15 reflex save to catch the edge.

If this passes, you can use a second move action to climb up, with a DC 15 climb check.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 10:18 AM
Isn't a 10 foot jump DC 10?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 10:25 AM
@Jump;The pit is 15 feet down the hallway. Without a 20 foot running start, the DC doubles.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 10:31 AM
[roll0]
if pass: [roll1]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 10:37 AM
@Reflex save:You fall about 30 feet to the floor below.

Damage: [roll0]
If tumble check failed: [roll1] additional

After about 10 feet, the cavern opens up to be considerably wider. The cavern appears to be about 40 feet long, 60 feet wide, and 20 feet tall. There's no discernable exit, other than the one above.

The clicking sound is much closer now.

Initiative time for you.

@Mindsight:Your shapeshifting friend that rounded the corner just fell about 30 feet very suddenly. He's now about 20 feet below you, and ahead of you, to the right.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 10:41 AM
[roll0] ... a 1.

No ranks in tumble, can't make a check.

What do I see?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 10:44 AM
Special senses:Light is quite dim. The torchlight doesn't reach all the way down, even with low light vision. Scent does pick something up within 30 feet.

Init: [roll0]

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 10:53 AM
Applicable knowledge check to figure out what it is?

I'll try nature first. [roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 10:57 AM
@Knowledge check:Based on sound alone? -10 penalty. Still a success.

Sounds spiderish, and big.
+5: Spiders can see in the dark, and sense the location of anything touching the ground.

Toliudar
2010-05-06, 12:22 PM
Back at the cave mouth, Mead scans the cliff face for their two companions. Her mindvoice comes to Solares with all the warmth of last night's hot water bottle. "Are you all right?"

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 12:48 PM
Solares thinks to himself and hopes the gnome can hear him. Took a nasty misstep, ran into some spiders. Going to eat them in a second.

Toliudar
2010-05-06, 12:56 PM
Mead

Mead mentally nods back to Solares. She was more of a toast and cream cheese girl, breakfast wise, but people had some vastly different ways to swing a food chain. She remembered one clan of the wemic, who insisted that the only way to properly remember an elder dying of old age was to ritually attack, dismember and eat them raw. She'd been very clear that she was still considered young for her species...at the time, at least.

Mead relayed Solares' message to Mudvayne, in case the kobold was feeling curious or protective.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 01:10 PM
@people in the hole:Solares hears the clicking of chitin on stone, and an attack comes in from your left (over 5 feet away):

Bite:[roll0] (+2 more if you do not have blindfight or darkvision)
If hit: [roll1] damage
If threat: [roll2] (+2 more if you do not have blindfight or darkvision)
If crit: [roll3] damage

If hit, Fort save, DC 16. If fail, [roll4] str damage

Your action.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 02:13 PM
Miss.

I'll full attack the darkness. I also just noticed that I actually passed the jump check because my mod is +15 not +11 (Longstrider is up). Whoops! :smallredface: No matter I'll just kill this thing.

Bite: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
If threat: [roll2]
If Confirm: [roll3]

Claw 1: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5]
If threat: [roll6]
If Confirm: [roll7]

Claw 2: [roll8]
Damage: [roll9]
If threat: [roll10]
If Confirm: [roll11]

EDIT :smallfurious: 8,7,9 on attack rolls! GAH!

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 02:18 PM
@Attacks:How far away are you attacking? 5feet, 10feet, 15 feet? For creatures with total concealment, you must target the correct square.

Miss chances if correct square targeted:
Miss Bite: [roll0] 1 hits
Miss Claw 1: [roll1] 1 hits
Miss Claw 2: [roll2] 1 hits

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 02:19 PM
If I can't use my scent and the fact that it just hit me to detect where it is, I'll make a listen check.
[roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 02:23 PM
@Detection:Scent requires a move action to pinpoint, unless you're within 5 feet.

The attack came from more than 5 feet away, to the east, or you'd have pinpointed.

Listen identifies it as to the east, 10 feet away. Rather large too. Seems to be 10-15 feet wide.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 02:28 PM
@Attacks:Your attacks all connect solidly.

Touch attack: [roll0] (vs flat foot AC unless you possess blindfighting, uncanny dodge, or similar).

If hits, you're entangled by webs. You also hear the spider moving away, to about 30 feet distant.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 02:45 PM
Hmmm... I hate webs. Any ideas?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 02:55 PM
@Webs:http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/weapons.htm#net

This outlines the effect of a web spider's web attack. It is not being controlled.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 03:16 PM
o.O

Those are some mighty high DCs. According to that it'd take nearly 2 minutes for someone to get out of a net that was thrown on them. More silliness from D&D...

Escape Artist will be repeated ad nauseum. [roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 03:20 PM
@the Pit:The spider moves closer:

Attack: [roll0] (also vs flat footed AC, without blindfighting/uncanny dodge/similar)

If hit: [roll1]
If Crit: [roll3]

If hit, Fort DC 16 or [roll4] Strength damage

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 03:25 PM
God damn webs, I can't get out.

Hits, immune to poison.

I will full attack him after this listen check if he is in range:
[roll0]

Bite: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Dark: [roll3](1 hits)
Confirm: [roll4]
Crit: [roll5]

Claw 1: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7]
Dark: [roll8](1 hits)
Confirm: [roll9]
Crit: [roll10]

Claw 2: [roll11]
Damage: [roll12]
Dark: [roll13](1 hits)
Confirm: [roll14]
Crit: [roll15]

If he is not, I'll just full attack the web itself attempting to sunder it.

EDIT: Oh for the love of...

Toliudar
2010-05-06, 07:24 PM
I'm going on the assumption that the coloured text was in fact thoughts directed at Mead. If not, I'll cancel this action.

Mead sighs, and looks in the direction of the last place she saw Mudvayne.

"It seems that Solares has got himself tangled in some spider webs. I'll go see if I can help. Care to come? The presence of our friend the eagle will, I suppose, help guide our companions."

Mead will pause for a moment to see if Mudvayne would like to come with her, then bring a quartet of lights into being all around her, at a distance of about 10'. She begins to trot down the passage.

Using SLA to create dancing lights around her. Move 20' towards Solares.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 07:38 PM
That is a good assumption :smallbiggrin:

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 07:43 PM
@Mead: You reach the top of the incline (where the torch lies burning), and see around the corner. From the pit below, you hear a rather noisy thrashing from below.

@Mindsight:The intelligent creatures that you first picked up have moved slightly closer. The front one appears to be about 60 feet down the corridor. The rear one, 80 feet.

@The pit:The spider levels another bite:

Bite: [roll0]
If hit: [roll1]
If crit: [roll3]

It then skitters away, about 30 feet, again.

EDIT:

@DM/Observers only:Both of the intelligent creatures will down their potions, having been made eminently aware of multiple intruders.

Toliudar
2010-05-06, 08:02 PM
Mead

Mead sends her thoughts to Solares.

"It seems possible that we have a different understanding of the word 'scout'. The two individuals I spoke of earlier are heading towards you. Have you finished eating the spiders yet?"

She pauses to become invisible, and sends the quartet of lights on ahead of her, to hover over the pit.

Sigh.

Mead casts Invisibility on herself, and moves 15' (half-speed, thanks to longstrider) closer. She attempts to move silently as she does so [roll0]. She is hoping to catch sight of the two figures as she moves forward, and will immediately mentally relay details of their appearance to Solares and Mudvayne.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 08:31 PM
@Lights: Nothing down the hallway is visible with the lights over the pit, but even with low light vision, the light doesn't extend far enough.

@the pit:The light over the pit dimly illuminates you, and about 10 feet around you. Concealment miss chances around the area below the pit are reduced to 20%.

Toliudar
2010-05-06, 08:37 PM
Checking an assumption, since I'm clearly misunderstanding something. With my move, I'm now about 30' away from the lip of the pit, and about 45' away from the nearer of the two individuals. The two individuals had been about 60 and 80' away from me before my movement closer, and so now would be in the range of the torchlight (especially given LLV), potentially as close as 20' away from the dancing lights, if I'm calculating correctly). Mead has see invisibility active. Does that help in seeing them? Is there an area of magical darkness that I'm not picking up on?

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 08:47 PM
Listen check to find that stupid spider. I'm killing it.
[roll0]

I think it needs to be cooked first.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 09:00 PM
To make things a bit simpler, a map of the upper level:http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/maharai23/BlackFlight.png

F20 is as close as could be gotten to the intelligent creatures without dealing with the pit. The original move (20 feet closer) took you from the entry up the initial ramp, and to the torch.

@the Pit:30 feet away; it appears to have retreated back after biting at you.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 09:12 PM
Can I hit it with Flamestrike?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 09:18 PM
@The pit:You have its location precisely enough to cast a Flamestrike and catch it in the area of effect, yes.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 10:01 PM
Concentration: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Ref dc 21 for half

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 10:03 PM
@Spider:Reflex:[roll0]

EDIT:

@ The Pit:The flamestrike illuminates the form of the spider, which is about 15 feet wide. The flames also immolate it, and it collapses to the ground with a rather emphatic **thud**.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 10:20 PM
Growling angrily, I use my Anklets of Translocation to move 10ft closer and start munching on the corpse. Need me up there?

IonDragon
2010-05-06, 10:42 PM
Mudvein

Sure, I'll tag along.

Toliudar
2010-05-06, 11:12 PM
Mead

"The two individuals are close, and may be getting closer soon. It would be prudent to leave the pit presently. Do you require assistance in doing so?"

Mead flattens herself against the north wall of the tunnel, in the corner. She sends the quartet of torches another 50 feet down the pasage.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 11:17 PM
Will a take 10 get me out of the cave while climbing? Total check would be 14.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 11:34 PM
@Climbing:Well, as I said , it's a 5x10 pit for 10 feet, and then you fell 20 more in this cavern. You'd have to get a 20 foot vertical reach to start the climb check. After that, yes, a 14 would do it.

A 14 will not, however, make it up a wall and across a ceiling to get to the hole.

To give a visual, you're a rather large bug at the bottom of a soda bottle.

@Lights: The lights illuminate the more distant of the two intelligent creatures... A rather ugly troglodyte with reddish hued scales, in a chain shirt of fine quality make.

The nearer of the two is not visible to standard senses.

All parties in the cave that have not rolled initiative, please do so.

Superglucose
2010-05-06, 11:39 PM
In short, yes.
(this is Solares' response to Mead)

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-06, 11:49 PM
@DM Only:Minion Inits:

Orc: [roll0]

Trog: [roll1]

Toliudar
2010-05-07, 12:00 AM
Mead

Mead huddles further into the corner of the wall. Her thoughts go out to her companions.

"Everyone: Solares is down in a pit, having just fried a spider for breakfast. Hold on a moment, Solares. The two individuals down the tunnel are proving to be interesting. The more distant is a troglodyte wearing a shirt of chain, armed with a big club. The nearer is, a red orc holding a pole-arm of some kind. Fascinating. Anyway. Once the others are here, we can lower a rope. Or perhaps several."

Hide check: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1] Was a 1.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 12:06 AM
@Special senses:First, it's not mithril. Just well made. :)

Second, I note what senses I take into account when I post my descriptions.

Standard senses do not pick up the nearer one.

See invis (which I overlooked in my buff lists) does. It's a reddish hued scaled orc, also wearing a chain shirt. There appears to be a polearm gripped casually in one hand. The troglodyte has a hefty greatclub on its back, not drawn.

IonDragon
2010-05-07, 12:08 AM
Mudvein

Please forward this, Mead: Getting into trouble again Solares? Mud slips a finger into his spell component pouch as his thin scales thicken and rise in a ripple over his body, quite prominent in the ridges over his eyes. At the same time he edges forward, keeping in the shadows.

I will silently slip a finger into my Spell Component Pouch #1 and release Dragon Skin [Bronze](100 min duration)
as well as move 10' forward.
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]
and Initiative [roll2]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 12:33 AM
The Troglodyte speaks in a thick Chultan accent.

"You're in my home. I don't live in the most inhospitable cave on this island because I seek visitors."

Keld Denar
2010-05-07, 12:38 AM
Denaru

Assuming nothing happens in the mean time, Denaru and Ignis secure a rope and climb down to the cave enterance to join.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 12:41 AM
Denaru + Ignis: 4 rounds left.

Superglucose
2010-05-07, 12:44 AM
Solares starts purring. Hahaha, you tell that lizard that it's about time he pulls me out of something. Anyways, the faster the better. I don't like leaving the little guy alone; he likes to bit more than he can chew.

Solares the muses for a second before thinking, You might consider asking him why his companion is so keen to be hidden.

I'll keep rolling listen checks if necessary, but they're talking fairly loudly only about 30-40 feet away, and I do have a rather high listen check. I figure I should be able to hear most of the conversation.

EDIT: I'll also cast Lesser Vigor. Need to heal up a bit.

Saph
2010-05-07, 03:35 AM
Ignis

Ignis just shakes his head as he and Denaru keep heading for the cave. "How can they get into this much trouble in five minutes?"

Superglucose
2010-05-07, 03:49 AM
If I make a standing jump, then anklet of translocation 10ft higher, and reach up 10ft (since I have reach), can I grab the wall and try to climb up then?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 03:53 AM
@Crazy maneuvers:Yes, though the initial grab is not something you can really take your time on. No taking 10. Jumb DC 20, then Climb DC 15.

Toliudar
2010-05-07, 08:52 AM
Mead

Mead gestures, and a booming baritone voice, using Mead's best impression of the local accent, emerges from a point in space about 6' off the ground, about 10 feet in front of the orc.

"You certainly have done an excellent job of keeping out of the public eye. But you're about to become very very public, unless you tell me what you know about attacks by some rather unusual dragons."

She sends her thoughts back to Mudvayne and Solares.

"It would seem we are unwelcome. Let's hope that Denaru and Ignis arrive shortly."

Using a Silent Spell version of Ghost Sound to present the voice as specified.
Bluff check (if relevant): [roll0] Result was 10.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 01:18 PM
"I don't take kindly to threats, and, contrary to my heritage, I'm not privy to the affairs of dragons. Now that you know that, there's no reason for you to be here."

Superglucose
2010-05-07, 01:28 PM
Tell them your kitty is stuck down the hole.

Toliudar
2010-05-07, 02:34 PM
Mead

The projected voice continues to drone on as Mead tapdances, waiting for her companions to arrive.

"These were not the affairs of dragons, but affairs involving dragons. Affairs that the Knights of the Flying Hunt are taking a definite interest in. Which brings me to...what has lead you to take up residence in this rather remote spot?"

Sense Motive (do I believe him/her): [roll0]. Mead is working hard not to lie in anything that she herself is saying.

Also: Apologies, but in about 8 hours, I'm catching a flight to the land of intermitten internet access, for a family emergency. I'll post as I'm able, but I'll be slowing down until about Wednesday night, unless I can make some arrangements. Sorry.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 02:52 PM
"I try not to interfere in either affair. It's kept me alive so far.

As for the knights? Good for them. My interest in the knights begins and ends with their ability to keep away raiders.

And as for why I live here? I don't play well with others."

Toliudar
2010-05-07, 02:55 PM
Mead winces. This was not going well.

"A solitary type, then? Then I'm sure you'll be concerned that there's an orc right in front of you, doing a not very good job of sneaking up on me."

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 03:02 PM
DM Only:Bluff:[roll0]

@Sense motive: He seems to be forthright, though he's making no secret of not wanting to talk to you.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 03:14 PM
The new information seems to catch him a bit off guard.

"I don't make friends. Doesn't mean I don't have family. He doesn't want you in our home either."

@Mindsight:Farther down the hall, you pick up another mind. Intelligence 13. Just appeared, 80 feet away.

IonDragon
2010-05-07, 04:33 PM
Mudvein

Wait... I'm no expert on Trogolodites nor orcs, but it doesn't seem to me that they would share parentage.

Keld Denar
2010-05-07, 04:35 PM
Denaru

Mead, are you in trouble? Me and Ignis are close, try not to do anything till we get there.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 05:07 PM
Muffled speech is heard down the corridor. The red-scaled troglodyte glances over its shoulder, and then speaks. "Brother, it seems that more family is visiting. I'll be right back. If our unknown guests wish to tour the home further, please show them to the parlor."

The troglodyte chuckles at that (a rather humorless laugh), and then begins heading away from the standoff.

Toliudar
2010-05-07, 05:07 PM
Mead sends back quickly, including all four of the others.

"Ah, Denaru. So good of you to join us. I hope you've brought Ignis as well.

"I'm hiding in the corner of a tunnel at the back of the cave - the one with the eagle in it. Mud's on his way towards me. Solares has fallen down in a pit that's in front of me, and has just killed a spider. I'm using magic to carry on a conversation with a surly troglodyte who's pissed that we've come into his cave. There's an invisible orc with a big polearm of some kind close to the pit, and another individual now approaching behind the troglodyte. He's not happy we're here, and he's hiding something, although I'm not sure what.

And trust me, at this moment, I'm trying very hard NOT to do anything. But I need to keep up the conversation."

The booming voice continues:

"I see. And how big is your family? There are signs of a lot more than the two of you living here."

Saph
2010-05-07, 05:16 PM
Ignis replies. We're on our way. Should be there in less than half a minute. Any indication that this creature has anything to do with the attack on the town?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 05:43 PM
Mead sends back quickly, including all four of the others.

"Ah, Denaru. So good of you to join us. I hope you've brought Ignis as well.

"I'm hiding in the corner of a tunnel at the back of the cave - the one with the eagle in it. Mud's on his way towards me. Solares has fallen down in a pit that's in front of me, and has just killed a spider. I'm using magic to carry on a conversation with a surly troglodyte who's pissed that we've come into his cave. There's an invisible orc with a big polearm of some kind close to the pit, and another individual now approaching behind the troglodyte. He's not happy we're here, and he's hiding something, although I'm not sure what.

And trust me, at this moment, I'm trying very hard NOT to do anything. But I need to keep up the conversation."

The booming voice continues:

"I see. And how big is your family? There are signs of a lot more than the two of you living here."

The troglodyte has left. The orc doesn't seem to be inclined to respond.

Toliudar
2010-05-07, 07:58 PM
Mead mentally shrugs, pushing the lights after the troglodyte until they also illuminate the third figure that's appeared. In the meantime, the voice continues to speak to the orc.

"And how about you, 'brother'? What brings you to this desolate place?"

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 08:44 PM
Again, the orc doesn't seem to wish to reply.

The lights illuminate an opaque cloudy barrier. Quiet speech is barely audible beyond it.

Toliudar
2010-05-07, 09:31 PM
Mead focuses on maintaining impatient breathing from the point where the voice was emerging. She tries to guage the cause of the cloudy barrier.

Spellcraft on the barrier: [roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 10:16 PM
@Spellcraft:Leomund's Tiny Hut

Superglucose
2010-05-07, 11:09 PM
What's going on up there? Can I get a little help here yet?

IonDragon
2010-05-07, 11:49 PM
Mudvein

Mud is going to stealthily sidle up to about where Mead cast Invisibility.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-07, 11:50 PM
Mudvein

Mud is going to stealthily sidle up to about where Mead cast Invisibility.

Fair enough. Nobody's crossed the pit yet.

Superglucose
2010-05-08, 12:01 AM
No rubbing it in :smallyuk:

IonDragon
2010-05-08, 03:41 PM
Mudvein

When Ignis and Denaru arrive: Good! They brought rope. Tell them to hold onto one end, and I'll take the other down the pit, tie it to Solares. By the way, how am I supposed to get over this hole?

Spellcraft to identify the spell: [roll0]

(Not expecting new info, just to check IC knowledge)

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-08, 03:42 PM
@new spellcraft:You nailed the DC exactly

Keld Denar
2010-05-08, 06:49 PM
Denaru

Slightly winded from the climb, Denaru approaches behind Mead and Mud. What seems to be the problem? I'd suggest against kicking a bees nest, especially when we don't know if we are looking for honey or not.

Phoenix

Remember, Denaru automatically gets a save to disbelieve any illusions he sees. If there are any illusory walls or other effects, feel free to roll my save for me. I factored the +3 from Super Resistance in the stat block.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-08, 07:05 PM
Denaru

Slightly winded from the climb, Denaru approaches behind Mead and Mud. What seems to be the problem? I'd suggest against kicking a bees nest, especially when we don't know if we are looking for honey or not.

Phoenix

Remember, Denaru automatically gets a save to disbelieve any illusions he sees. If there are any illusory walls or other effects, feel free to roll my save for me. I factored the +3 from Super Resistance in the stat block.

@Illusions:You detect no illusions. Note, invisibility doesn't grant a save, because you don't see it.

Saph
2010-05-08, 07:13 PM
Ignis

Ignis sticks close to Denaru. He gives the area a quick glance, curious as to whether this is going to turn into a fight or defuse.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-08, 07:19 PM
The Troglodyte returns, and an exasperated look is on his face. "Is there a reason you're still here? And more of you at that..."

Superglucose
2010-05-08, 07:52 PM
Solares gives a huge roar from the bottom of the cavern. Those of you who speak arctic big cat recognize it as Someone toss down a rope and tie me to it so you can haul me up.

IonDragon
2010-05-08, 08:07 PM
Mudvein

Is going down the hole, on the rope. If we are still on the turn system, it may take more than one to get down the hole, tie the rope to Solares and GTFO. I'll tie the rope just under his forelegs and ride up on his head, holding the rope.

Saph
2010-05-08, 08:12 PM
Ignis

Ignis responds to the troglodyte with a grin. "Our cat got lost. You haven't seen a really big kitty around here, have you?"

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Keld Denar
2010-05-08, 09:38 PM
Denaru

Greetings. My name is Denaru Waverly of Tantras. I appologize greatly for our tresspass, but we are searching for clues regarding the dragon attack this morning. I'm sure you could hear the noise even from here. We believe that the perpetrator may be hiding among the caves that pocket this shore. Have you or your family seen or heard anything out of the ordenary around your home? If you know anything about it and can be of assistance, I shall see that you are rewarded. Could we come in and discuss this further?

Also, our companion seems to have fallen into your pit. Is there an easier way to get him out than pulling him back out of the hole?

@Illusions:You detect no illusions. Note, invisibility doesn't grant a save, because you don't see it.

Phoenix:

Wouldn't want it to!

Also, attack of the [roll0] if any of them respond.
And [roll1] to improve their disposition, with as long as that takes.

Superglucose
2010-05-08, 09:53 PM
Solares thinks to himself, Too stiff. I hope he won't stop me from having fun.

ooc: I know I can't actually say anything, but can someone please just get me out of this hole? I really don't want to burn my last use of wildshape to turn into a bird just to get out.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-09, 12:24 AM
Mudvein

Is going down the hole, on the rope. If we are still on the turn system, it may take more than one to get down the hole, tie the rope to Solares and GTFO. I'll tie the rope just under his forelegs and ride up on his head, holding the rope.

@Mudvein: Use Rope check is needed.

The troglodyte replies, "Haven't seen a cat. I suggest watching where you let your pets play.

I'm much less concerned with who you are. I'm much more concerned with why you are still here. Our cave faces away from the town, and the surf pretty well drowns out any noise from outside. I have no interest in assisting you, and I'm not concerned with your rewards. You can't enter any further; at least, not without violence. And I have no interest in discussing this further."

The attitude you are getting from the troglodyte is openly hostile. Nobody gets the impression that he's lying, but you do get the impression that he is not willing to discuss anything related to, well, anything.. As such, it's easy to pick up that his short answers are very lacking in detail.

IonDragon
2010-05-09, 01:20 AM
Use Rope: [roll0]

Way to waste a perfectly good crit >.<

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-09, 01:25 AM
@Skill checks:The rope is as well secured as you can make it.

Keld Denar
2010-05-09, 02:49 AM
Denaru

Mead, relay to the rest of the group that I believe we should be leaving. There is something unsettling about this. We shouldn't discount them, but neither do I want to appear to forceful. I want to be sure before we force their hand.

Are there other caves along this shore that may be inhabitable?

Toliudar
2010-05-09, 02:50 PM
Mead

Mead responds to Denaru.

"Agreed."

She widens her telepathy to include all of her companions. She is...testy.

"I believe that Denaru and I are voting for a tactical retreat. Solares, hold on a bit. Mudvayne is lowering a rope for you. I'd like to stay hidden for the moment, just in case this turns stupid. Er. Unless you're not able to bring Solares up. And Solares, since we're leaving anyway, you might find it easier to be pulled up in human form."

For the next 3+ days, assume that I relay any details that anyone asks me to. I'll be back soon.

IonDragon
2010-05-10, 12:42 PM
Mudvein

OK. Haul us up!

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-10, 12:59 PM
@Hauling the cat up: A smilodon's weight is 800 pounds. What's the combined lifting capacity of the people atop the pit?

IonDragon
2010-05-10, 07:33 PM
The combined lift off ground of the 3 above is 750. I suppose I could climb up the rope after some trying and add my 60 to make the difference.

Taking a 10, I get 7. So...
Climb: [roll0]
Climb: [roll1]
Climb: [roll2]
Climb: [roll3]
Climb: [roll4]

After 10' I get high enough to brace myself against the wall right? Reduces the DC to 5, and I can take 10.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-10, 07:38 PM
The combined lift off ground of the 3 above is 750. I suppose I could climb up the rope after some trying and add my 60 to make the difference.

Taking a 10, I get 7. So...
Climb: [roll0]
Climb: [roll1]
Climb: [roll2]
Climb: [roll3]
Climb: [roll4]

After 10' I get high enough to brace myself against the wall right? Reduces the DC to 5, and I can take 10.

After 20 feet, you can. And you'll also get opposite wall support, which lowers the DC to 0, and perpendicular corner support, which lowers it to -5. If the rope is silk, -7. The last 2 rolls are enough to do that, and you get up. After that, you can haul the cat up, with all 3 of you heaving it's hefty butt up.

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:12 PM
Ignis

"Hauling sabre-toothed tigers out of pits," Ignis says with a grin to Denaru. "Nice to know we're making a difference in the world." He puts his heavy muscles to service in lifting the giant cat.

IonDragon
2010-05-10, 08:31 PM
Mudvein

Wheeeellll, now what? I don't want to barge into someone's home and beat them up if we don't have to. While it's obvious they're hiding something that's their right. We didn't spy any other lights coming in. Though now I am kind of curious what they eat... No matter. Let's get out of here and do something useful.

Mud has dropped all pretense of being sneaky at this point.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-10, 08:34 PM
Assuming you exit the cave: The next cave is about a mile and a half down the shoreline, and about 15 feet higher up. The rock up that way is less treacherous, so you should be able to reach it no problem, provided you can make a DC 0 climb and a DC 5 balance.

EDIT: There are a few other caves farther along, as well, and if you wish to explore other options, let me know the intent, and I'll try to make it happen.

Keld Denar
2010-05-10, 09:51 PM
Denaru

Did anyone else notice the red scales on the orc and troglodyte? What color was the zombie dragon that crashed into our inn last night? Am I really the only one who sees through this? I'd wager that they weren't kidding when they mentioned that they were family. They are probably all half dragon spawn of the same wyrm. Its entirely possible that that wyrm was the very same one that woke us up this morning. That would mean that they are mourning the loss of their collective parent, which would explain the moody disposition.

I say we do a bit more investigating, and then come back and make an aim at being more sympathetic. Perhaps they know something about the successive zombification of their patron?

Superglucose
2010-05-11, 01:35 AM
Rawr.

Solares licks his paws (Lesser Vigor).

IonDragon
2010-05-11, 01:45 AM
Mudvein

Short answer? I didn't even see the Orc. Or any red. Long answer: this seems like a stupid place for anyone to live. I'm betting when we come back they are gone. Seems more like a temporary place, what with no obvious tracks leading down to the cave and no obvious fish bones or anything. It just doesn't seem like a sustainable location.

That said, I could be completely mistaken. I don't wish to intrude on possibly decent folk without cause. Once we exhaust other options, yes we should come back and ask a few more questions. Where would you like to start? I'm thinking just go on to the next cave down for now.

Toliudar
2010-05-11, 10:53 AM
Mead

Mead mentally shrugs at Denaru's suggestion.

"There are a number of racial variants that lead to red skin - the efreeti-influenced peoples of Calimshan, for example. Also, that dragon from this morning had been undead for a while. Unless these folks decided to kill their own sire, the timeline is tenuous at best."

Superglucose
2010-05-11, 11:06 AM
Solares thinks to Meade I am extremely unconvinced they know nothing, but do feel rather convinced that they will tell us nothing, at least for now. They are probably the best bet, so maybe if someone could Alarm the entrance of this cave so we know if they leave or not... maybe then we could go investigate the other caves.

Saph
2010-05-11, 11:09 AM
Ignis

Ignis nods. "I agree. Maybe they know something and maybe they don't, but that's not enough reason to gatecrash. Let's have a look around the other caves. Don't have an alarm spell to hand, sorry."

Superglucose
2010-05-11, 12:13 PM
In that case, I'll just have my eagle guard this spot. No big deal.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-11, 12:15 PM
Consensus? What's the game plan?

Superglucose
2010-05-11, 12:19 PM
To the next cave, robin!

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-11, 12:24 PM
The next cave entrance is a 10x10 opening. It appears to slope slightly downward. The passage continues 40 feet before the dimming light becomes too faint to see farther.

Superglucose
2010-05-11, 12:25 PM
Survival to see if anyone is living here.
[roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-11, 12:30 PM
@Survival:Inhabited? Yes. There have been humanoids in here, but not recently. There have been animals in here... more recently.

Superglucose
2010-05-11, 12:32 PM
No recent humanoids. Should we go to the next cave?

IonDragon
2010-05-11, 01:26 PM
Mudvein

May as well. I doubt that this was orchestrated by lesser beasts.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-11, 01:28 PM
A half hour of travelling takes you to two more caves, neither of which seem inhabited by anything intelligent.

At the second cave, the eagle returns. Evidently your 'friends' are on the move.

Superglucose
2010-05-11, 01:31 PM
Someone take the eagle and go check it out. She's pretty easy to handle.

IonDragon
2010-05-11, 03:13 PM
Mudvein

Not me. Nuh-uh. No way. FINE. Tell her to stay over the shore if she can, and if I die I'm going to come back and haunt you.

Saph
2010-05-11, 03:18 PM
Ignis laughs. "It'll be fine. I'll fly off your wing and give some support. Let's try to stay out of range, though, I think we've had enough combats with a split party for one day."

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-11, 03:23 PM
@The tailing group: You arrive to see the red scaled troglodyte and a red scaled orc in a 5x10 rowboat. At first you wonder how they could have gotten such a vessel out, but as you get close enough to actually get a look at them, you can appreciate just how muscular they each look. You'd not be surprised to see either of them singlehandedly hauling a sabretooth tiger out of that pit.

Regardless, they're headed directly away from the shore, and are currently about 75 feet out.

EDIT: How close do you intend to get?

Saph
2010-05-11, 03:34 PM
Ignis

Ignis casts a spell and takes the form of a tall, powerfully built elf with huge wings, then takes off, keeping close to the eagle and Mudvein. (Alter Self into Avariel.)

Once there:
Ignis will bank close enough to call across to Mudvein. "Let's not get too close. I'd like to know where these two are going." He'll then lead Mudvein and the eagle up so that they're between the rowboat and the sun, keeping at least 500 feet up.

From there, he'll start scanning around, looking to see where the two in the boat might be headed.

IonDragon
2010-05-11, 03:35 PM
Mudvein

With a groan Mud shakes his head and clutches about the neck of the great eagle as they turn and head out to sea.

I'd like to stay about as far away from them as possible, while keeping them in sight.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-11, 04:07 PM
@Tailing group: Staying at a rather great distance, you keep pace with them. After reaching a couple hundred feet offshore, the boat turns, and follows the coastline, north and away from the city.

They're making quite good pace. The direction they're going will take them past the remainder of the party.

@The Cave Group: The next cave shows signs of animals only.

IonDragon
2010-05-11, 04:58 PM
Mudvein

Mudvein will cast Message.

In a hushed whisper in Ignis' ear: I'm going to fly back to let everyone know what's going on. You keep an eye on them, I shouldn't be a minute.

Mud will then use the Message spell when within range (200') to inform Mead that their quarry is in a boat following the shore. He will then resume pursuit.

Saph
2010-05-11, 05:01 PM
Ignis

Ignis nods, and maintains position.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-11, 05:36 PM
Message takes 2 rounds to deliver, and the return trip takes another 2. During this time, nothing majorly eventful happens.

IonDragon
2010-05-11, 06:09 PM
Keep going until something of note happens.

Superglucose
2010-05-11, 11:57 PM
Denaru, is it? I suggest hailing the boat as it passes by us. See if you can get them to stop.

Keld Denar
2010-05-12, 12:29 AM
Denaru

Pulling out his holy symbol, Denaru polishes it briefly before angling the suns rays to reflect in the direction of the rowboat in an attempt to signal the rows.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-12, 07:44 AM
The boat doesn't respond. They keep their rowing pace, which is considerable, even in the choppy seas.

Keld Denar
2010-05-12, 08:28 AM
Denaru

As much as I hate to see our only suspects leave, perhaps indefinitely, we have no legal grounds to acost them. I just wish I was more familiar with the geography around here.

On the other side, with them gone, we could investigate their cave a bit further.

Superglucose
2010-05-12, 11:18 AM
Then let's go. I head on back to the first cave.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-12, 11:34 AM
Back at the cave (15 minutes of travel)

Across the pit, the passage continues for another 75 feet or so, before opening into a small room. There appear to be simple sleeping mats for two, and what looks like a simple makeshift stone desk.

Toliudar
2010-05-12, 11:53 AM
Mead

Entering the end cave carefully, Mead heads around the perimeter before zeroing in on the stone desk. She adjusts her spectacles.

"At the risk of being obvious, it's quite likely that one as paranoid as that troglodyte would booby trap his home in some way. Although I suppose that a pit trap with a massive spider at the bottom might qualify."

Search [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]
Feel free to roll additionally as required.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-12, 11:57 AM
First: You find a sheet of paper behind the stone desk.

You identify a trap. Apparently some joker decided to put an Explosive Runes on that sheet.

Toliudar
2010-05-12, 04:49 PM
Mead

Mead carefully folds a piece of paper that she finds behind the desk, then folds it twice more. She chuckles to herself.

"Ah, it's just like being back at school. The pranks the boys would pull. Dullards and simpletons, all. This page was trapped to explode. Perhaps we'll have an opportunity to use this in the future."

Mead slides the folded up paper into her pack, and shrugs.

"It looks like this is it."

Superglucose
2010-05-12, 04:52 PM
The fools probably had something to do with the attack then. I would speak to them even more, but sadly we cannot. Perhaps if Mud and Ignis find where the boat heads, we can pay them another visit and this time ask more forcefully? I am typically against such intrusions, but it seems there is quite a bit at stake.

IonDragon
2010-05-13, 12:22 AM
This post exists just so I get subscription updates while I'm thinking about it.

Superglucose
2010-05-13, 12:23 AM
Next time use the thread tools in the upper right.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 04:10 AM
What's the plan?

Saph
2010-05-14, 05:00 AM
I think the plan is that fliers tail the boat for a little while, while the land group does something else.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 05:21 AM
@Fliers tailing boat: You note that the boat lands at a small run down dock towards the north side of the island. The Orc is the first one out; as he steps out, the boat unbalances sending the Troglodyte into the water. He goes unceremoniously under, only to walk slowly up onto the shore a minute or so later. They then set out southwest across the land, weapons drawn, but not overly at the ready.

Toliudar
2010-05-14, 08:47 AM
Mead

Meanwhile, back at the cave.

"Well, if we accept for the sake of argument the idea that these three creatures were in some way connected to the dragons' attack, there certainly isn't any sign of a dragon having been in this cave. I suppose I can check for concealed passages. I'm assuming that Solares thoroughly explored the pit below, but I suppose I could check on that as well, if we think that's fruitful. Your help is of course welcome."

Shrugging, Mead adjusts her spectacles again, and begins to work her way along the wall back towards the cave entrance.

Searching for secret doors etc on the walls of the end cave, and then back towards the entrance. [roll0] and more rolls as you wish.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 01:01 PM
No secret passages.

Toliudar
2010-05-14, 04:29 PM
Mead

Mead reports her findings...even negative findings are, of course, findings...to her colleagues.

"I'm going to wait outside the cave, if that's all right with you. If they come back, I'd rather not be in their home unless we're ready to provoke a confrontation."

She does just that.

Superglucose
2010-05-14, 04:35 PM
you're sure there are no other minds in here?

Toliudar
2010-05-14, 04:51 PM
Mead

"All things are possible. Undead are harder for me to note, and we've already established a link with the undead in this particular enterprise. Many creatures have special tricks to conceal their thoughts. What did your nose tell you? Were there many scents associated with this place?"

Superglucose
2010-05-14, 04:55 PM
Survival for Scent:
[roll0]

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 05:01 PM
Scents in the cave: lingering, 4 scents.

the troglodyte is almost overpoweringly strong (even as a lingering odor). (+10 DC to other checks).

the spider is identifiable.
The orc is identifiable.
There was a 4th creature recently in the cave, though its scent exists only in the room at the end of the hallway.

Superglucose
2010-05-14, 05:04 PM
In other words he ripped out. The caster who used Tiny Hut probably has access to some form of solo-teleport and used it to leave. Curious as to why he didn't bring his buddies though.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 05:18 PM
Even astuter.

IonDragon
2010-05-14, 07:11 PM
Mudvein

To Ignis:
It occurs to me, and it should to you as well; there must have been a 3rd person present. The caster of Tiny Hut as it's effects end when you leave the area. I hope the others do not run into trouble with him. Do you think we should turn back?

What is the terrain like, and what is near by?

Saph
2010-05-14, 07:15 PM
Ignis nods. "Makes sense. Doubt he'd be hanging around in that cave, though, and he's had more than enough time to get clear."

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 07:19 PM
Mudvein

To Ignis:
It occurs to me, and it should to you as well; there must have been a 3rd person present. The caster of Tiny Hut as it's effects end when you leave the area. I hope the others do not run into trouble with him. Do you think we should turn back?

What is the terrain like, and what is near by?

The cave is against the shoreline, in the side of a cliff. The cliff face is about 100 feet high, before levelling off to a small clearing. About 50 feet back from that, there's a light treeline, leading into a sparsely forested area.

On the water side, slick jagged rocks exist all along the coastline. It's obviously not safe to land craft here. You surmise that the half dragons likely carried the boat in over the rocks.

IonDragon
2010-05-14, 07:20 PM
The cave is against the shoreline, in the side of a cliff. The cliff face is about 100 feet high, before levelling off to a small clearing. About 50 feet back from that, there's a light treeline, leading into a sparsely forested area.

On the water side, slick jagged rocks exist all along the coastline. It's obviously not safe to land craft here. You surmise that the half dragons likely carried the boat in over the rocks.

What about where we are? Where they landed the boat.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 08:18 PM
That terrain is much more gentle, though the grasses are heavily overgrown, and the terrain is hilly. The path that the red scaled pair follow leads southwest, towards a more rocky area, about a half mile away.

IonDragon
2010-05-14, 10:12 PM
Mudvein

Let's continue following them for now then. I think we should try to get back soon though, in case they left the caster behind to 'deal with them'.

He looks concerned.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-14, 11:33 PM
@Tailing group:The pair you're following enters a shallow gulch. They stop at a rather large boulder. The orc heaves, and with great effort, manages to roll it up an incline, revealing another cavern entrance. The troglodyte wedges something under the rock; it appears to be a wedge with a silk rope attached to it. They enter the cave, and then pull the wedge free, allowing the massive rock to roll back into place.

Toliudar
2010-05-15, 01:52 AM
Mead

Mead glances out to sea, but can see no sign of boat or bird. She sends her thoughts to Denaru and Solares.

"It occurs to me that, at the top of the cliff, we would be less exposed, and would have a better vantage to see them return. I could help you two climb the cliff, if you'd be willing to carry these old bones up with you."

Saph
2010-05-15, 04:37 AM
Ignis

Ignis watches with interest. "Looks like they've moved house. Let's go back to the others and lead them back here."

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-15, 06:10 AM
Locating the rest of the group and returning will take approximately 25minutes.

Saph
2010-05-15, 06:34 AM
Ignis does so. I think the party's been split for long enough.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-15, 06:37 AM
Oddly enough, I agree. I try to design challenges based on a whole group being together. Splitting is, therefore, hazardous to your health.

Superglucose
2010-05-15, 10:56 AM
To Ignis via Mead: So where'd they go? And can we go "talk" to them yet? Also, I'm no wizard... what kind of spells are personal-only teleportations? There was a fourth creature in that cave (aside from the spider, the trog, and the orc) who disappeared. Something smells very fishy about them... well ok actually the trog just smells of sulfur. I hate their scent glands... almost as bad as ferrets and skunks!

Keld Denar
2010-05-15, 12:45 PM
Denaru

It doesn't appear that there is much left here to investigate. Lets make haste and try to catch up with the others.

Toliudar
2010-05-15, 12:56 PM
To Ignis via Mead: So where'd they go? And can we go "talk" to them yet? Also, I'm no wizard... what kind of spells are personal-only teleportations? There was a fourth creature in that cave (aside from the spider, the trog, and the orc) who disappeared. Something smells very fishy about them... well ok actually the trog just smells of sulfur. I hate their scent glands... almost as bad as ferrets and skunks!Not sure if we're actually reunited yet, so I'll take this to be directed at Mead instead - but we can assume that it's one of the questions we ask once the group is together again. Meantime, using Mead's own knowledge of spells to say...

Mead forwards the men's thoughts to each other, and glances out to sea.

"I don't know of any likely spells that are personal-only, but two possibilities come to mind. There are those whose power comes from links with fiendish or other outside powers, and I've heard that some of them are able to teleport themselves but not others - like the fiends themselves. Or...perhaps the final individual simply did not wish to go with the other two.

"I certainly wouldn't.

"I'm all for catching up, Denaru. How would you like to do that? I'm not actually sure where they are at the moment. That's why I wanted to climb the cliff - to get a better look."

Superglucose
2010-05-15, 01:25 PM
The kitty lets loose a dangerous-sounding purr. The don't talk about it, let's get MOVING. The longer we stand around deciding what to do, the less we have that we can actually accomplish.

Toliudar
2010-05-15, 01:41 PM
Mead

The gnome woman opens and closes her mouth in confusion, and climbs up onto the cat's shoulders. She ties one end of the rope around the massive cat's neck, and tosses the other end to Denaru. She shrugs, murmurs a spell, and points up the cliff.

"Climb."

Casting Spider Climb on Solares.

Superglucose
2010-05-15, 02:19 PM
I run up the cliff at a 50ft move rate, multiply for running when possible.

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-15, 02:47 PM
A double move gets you to the top.

IonDragon
2010-05-15, 05:44 PM
Ignis does so. I think the party's been split for long enough.

As does Mud.

Keld Denar
2010-05-15, 06:08 PM
Denaru

Holding on to the rope for dear life, Denaru cries out YEEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!

Toliudar
2010-05-15, 06:25 PM
Mead goes a bit pale as the massive cat lopes up the cliffside. As soon as Solares is safely over the lip, she half-falls off of the big cat, and rolls to the ground, a bit overwhelmed.

Saph
2010-05-15, 06:44 PM
Ignis rejoins the rest of the party, and he and Mud guide them to where the suspects entered the cave.

Superglucose
2010-05-15, 06:51 PM
Get back on, you'll move quicker. Also get the cleric on too. Once they're on, I'll run along the cliffisde following Ignis.