PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Loreguards

Rowan Intheback
2010-05-03, 12:31 AM
So I'm making a shifter for an Eberron campaign and I was interested by the concept of the Loreguard. I have read ROE, the Players Guide, and The Campaign Setting (only regarding shifters) and I couldn't find much about them.

My read of them was that they are a kind of Shifter CIA. Trained to interact with and influence various cultures to further the well bing of the shifter race. Instigating political maneuvers, brokering deals, and preforming assassinations where necessary. But most of the information about them was vague and I'm not sure if my interpretation was correct.

Has any one played with lore guards before? I want to know if my interpretation is correct and if there are any other books I should be reading. It would help to have more information to build a back story to really fit in with the setting.

Thanks!

comicshorse
2010-05-03, 08:34 AM
I'd kinda like to know this to

Also could anybody tell me where I can find Shifter Prestige careers ( outside of the main Eberron book and Races of Eberron which I've got)

Rowan Intheback
2010-05-03, 04:50 PM
Is there really no one with more information on Loreguards? The stuff I read in Races seemed really vague. I can't tell if they're supposed to be clandestine spies or publicly acknowledged diplomats. Or both.

Any additional information at all would be helpful. If it is meant to be open to interpretation I'd appreciate hearing how some of you decided to use loreguards in your own campaigns.

Thanks.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-03, 05:40 PM
Is there really no one with more information on Loreguards? The stuff I read in Races seemed really vague. I can't tell if they're supposed to be clandestine spies or publicly acknowledged diplomats. Or both.

Any additional information at all would be helpful. If it is meant to be open to interpretation I'd appreciate hearing how some of you decided to use loreguards in your own campaigns.

Thanks.
I believe like with almost all the big aspectes of eberron the loreguards are up to the DM to decide how they affect the world.

and maybe you can have both clandestine spies & diplomats as two branches of the same organiation.

Noedig
2010-05-03, 11:09 PM
The way my DM ruled it was that loreguards are like Splinter Cell's Third Echelon.

Secretive, and prone to go 5th freedom on your sorry behind.

In game terms they were mostly rogues/assassins/ninjas with levels in the magic rogue-y PrCs. Really sweet magical items that confer invisibility, skill bonuses to hide/move silently or diplomacy/gather info, really deadly poisons, lots of movement skill tricks, and really nasty magical weapons.