PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] A question about the limits of the game mechanics

Souhiro
2010-05-03, 04:36 AM
Hellow, fellow mortals!

I'm currently gamemastering to a Fighter, a Paladin and a Summoner. That should be a hignly effective party, but the summoner, who could be the most powerful character, is the weakest link.

The Summon's boy asked me to have Shiva as his summon. I told him that it is posible, yeah. The eidolon isn't supossed to be cute, but nothing keeps you from doing. I told him that his eidolon would start as a "Baby Shiva", and with experience and levels, it will grows into the Ice Goddess that he loves.

But now the matter is that he wants MORE eidolons, and told me that he wants to multiclass to Summoner Again. So he would be able to have OTHER eidolon, starting from scrap.

Do you think it is possible? Even if the rules allows to have two eidolons, I won't have more than one out at the time.

Thank you!

jindra34
2010-05-03, 06:25 AM
Hellow, fellow mortals!

I'm currently gamemastering to a Fighter, a Paladin and a Summoner. That should be a hignly effective party, but the summoner, who could be the most powerful character, is the weakest link.

The Summon's boy asked me to have Shiva as his summon. I told him that it is posible, yeah. The eidolon isn't supossed to be cute, but nothing keeps you from doing. I told him that his eidolon would start as a "Baby Shiva", and with experience and levels, it will grows into the Ice Goddess that he loves.

But now the matter is that he wants MORE eidolons, and told me that he wants to multiclass to Summoner Again. So he would be able to have OTHER eidolon, starting from scrap.

Do you think it is possible? Even if the rules allows to have two eidolons, I won't have more than one out at the time.

Thank you!

It is not possible to multiclass back into a class you have already taken. So no its not possible.

PinkysBrain
2010-05-03, 07:50 AM
But now the matter is that he wants MORE eidolons
Tell him to get craft construct and make homunculi if he just wants lots of pets.

If he just wants to have multiple different Eidolon summons for different situations create a custom prestige class for him which sacrifices spellcasting progression for additional Eidolons (with one summoned at a time). Which all in all is actually a pretty good concept for a prestige class.

What he wants at the moment is illegal and even if it wasn't he would end up with Eidolons who's low attack, hitpoints and AC would make them pretty much useless.