PDA

View Full Version : (3.5, TOB) Kythons with Class Levels!

AtwasAwamps
2010-05-03, 10:40 AM
So, my players have finally hit the part of the game I’m running that I’m most happy with…a deep exploration into a mine that was taken over by Kythons. Now, a quick spoiler in case one of my players has found this thread (and you guys know who you are):

The Kythons are beginning to organize, determined to push out of the darkness that their creators left them in and raze the world to the ground for their habitation, before taking the battle to their creators. As such, many of the Kythons are seeking education in various skills and abilities instead of relying on their natural abilities to triumph.

The party consists of the following (all level 5)
Psion (Kinetic)
LE Cleric (Battle-Cleric)
NG Cleric (“Healbot” who doesn’t heal too often and…doesn’t do that much else…)
Ranger (Who’s bad at the game)
Fighter (Trip monkey who has yet to actually trip something)
Dread Necromancer (He’s dreadful!)
Rogue

This seven person party was able to handle a group of six Juvenile kythons very easily, even though two of those kythons were the free-action-incorporeal ones (lucky rolls in one case, and a very smart readied action in another).

Now, as they get deeper into the mines, I want them to face off against some truly dangerous opponents…Kythons with class levels. Specifically..with warblade levels.

I am putting together a few classes of Kythons that can do this. They will have undead support and I’ll try not to throw too many of them at the party at once…these are the elite, after all, the ones who have begun their training. They will eventually encounter other, more dangerous options (Kython sorcerers will come for them soon!) but right now, I’m going to stick to some warblade fun. I’m planning on using five types of Kythons for this:

1 – Juvenile Kython, focused on offense. Punishing Stance and Tiger Claw/Iron Heart Maneuvers for sure.
2 – Juvenile Kython, focused on tactical combat. White Raven. ALL about White Raven.
3 – Adult Offensive Kython, similar to juvenile
4 – Adult Tactical Kython, similar to juvenile
5 – “Soulrender” – The ‘boss’, either an advanced adult Kython or an Adult Kython with multiple levels in warblade instead of one or two.

My question is, what should I avoid as obvious TPKs? Naturally a White Raven Tactics chain is unfair and won’t be used (generally only one or two tactical-types in the battle anyways), but is there anything I really need to stay away from?