PDA

View Full Version : Hell on Prime (IC thread)

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-03, 09:53 PM
Recruitment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149434)
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8441945#post8441945)

A cold night breeze blows across the dunes as you make your way to The Darius, a small drinking establishment with a gambling problem. A letter, printed on purple paper with golden ink, told you to come to the back room of The Darius, and to ensure you weren't followed.

The back room, normally locked from the outside, is below the street level. Today, as you approach, the deadbolt clicks from inside and the padlock springs open.

Eleven places are set at the table, each with a plate of fine pork cutlets and boiled lobster. Beside each plate is a small mithral glass, filled with a clear, sweet smelling liquid. Each chair is carved with a symbol: A fanged mouth biting down on a sword blade on the first, a shield embossed with a tower on the second, scaled hands looming over a coin embossed with a snake on the third, eyes glaring over a horizontal ranseur encircled by a barbed tail on the fourth and fifth, a thin sword thrust into a block of ice on the sixth, black wings on the seventh, a spider's web with flies caught in it on the eighth, a hand wreathed in flames on the nineth, and a clawed fist gripping a skull on the tenth, and simple skull, embossed in oynx on the eleventh.

A beautiful girl steps forth out of the shadows, no older than sixteen, and offers you a plate of cheeses and assorted cold meats. With a voice devoid of feeling, and an icy thousand yard stare, she speaks:

"Please be seated, my master will be along shortly."

kemmotar
2010-05-03, 10:34 PM
Karran

With a stiff nod to the girl Karran walked to her seat (OOC: I'm assuming its the one with the fanged mouth biting down on the sword) and for a moment stood staring at the inscribed symbol, a smile creeping into her stern face. With a turn she flexed her wings, deep black feathers contrasting with her snowy white hair, and sat on the chair, adjusting her armor and wings, settling into the chair and managing to appear both relaxed and ready to pounce. Her armour is well polished and the hilt of a greatsword peeks behind her hear and to the right within easy reach, opposite two long braids reaching down to the breast of her armor. She cautiously eyes the platter and glass but does not eat or drink.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-04, 12:23 AM
Burak smiled once he saw The Darius and walked towards it without any hesitation or attempting to look around to see if anyone had followed him. As he walked her remembered how he got the invitation to this gathering.

He was sitting in a house on a beautifully carved wooden chair that had crimson cushions on it and there was a man dressed head to toe in silk standing at the door. Burak sat there with his eyes closed until a messenger came through the front door. “Excuse me sir, do you have business with me or the man of the house? Because if it is I you wish to speak with I may be able to help you but if it is the later than that is where my jurisdiction ends." Burak asks him opening one eye to look at him but otherwise not moving an inch from his chair. "Actually I did come to see you; I was pointed this way by one of your servants..." The messenger was stopped by Burak who held up a finger signaling for him to stop. "Just wait a moment," Burak says pausing for moment where no noise was heard and then a blood curdling scream came from one of the rooms of the upstairs and Burak smiles non-chalantly "Yes, what do you want?". "Well I was going to say that you have been invited by my master to a gathering that involves associates of the nine, all of the pertinent information is within this letter." he hands the letter over to Burak who takes it between his index and middle finger and nods at him in thanks. "Oh sir, I am afraid that I was not truly honest at the beginning of our conversation," As Burak spoke in his joking tone his features twisted into a broad shouldered, angular faced military man "I can help you with speaking with the man of the house."
After his "House Call" went off without a hitch and the head paladin's wives gruesome death has been committed to the paladin he is feeling very good about himself. He walked into the establishment and moved towards the door and another smile curls across his face when the door opens without any force that he could perceive.

When he walked in he saw there was already one of the members "Please allow me to introduce myself I am a man of wealth and tastes, my name is Burak Devrim, Chosen of the Divine Lady Glasya." he says letting his appearance of an elderly man shift back to his actual form. He is particularly tall and he would have a pleasant appearance if it was not for the scars of infernal writing that are present all over his body and the malformation of his features due to many bulges that do not restrict his movement. He eyes the serving girl for a moment and then proceeds to look over all of the chairs and then chooses to lay in the chair that has a skull gripped in a clawed fist on purpose. "So how may I address you?" he says taking out a knife and skewering a piece of cheese that he proceeds to munch on while waiting for a response from the woman who is sitting in the chair.

Vulaas
2010-05-04, 02:54 AM
Tocsi

A seemingly young girl walks into the room, carefully swinging a black cane to and fro before her, clattering against the chairs and wall. She has thick, messy dishwasher blonde hair cut short, a well-used black blindfold over her eyes, and a nice (if somewhat stained) blue dress on as well.

"Pardon me, but is this the back room to the Darius? I was told that I had a meeting to attend here, but bereft of sight I'm rather afraid that I might be in the wrong place. Could one of you gentles please help lead me to my seat?"

Arudin
2010-05-04, 03:45 PM
Arudin

A tall man walks slowly into the room. Giving a slight nod to the waiting servant, he takes a slice of meat and hands it to the raven perched on his shoulder. Arudin then glances around the room, his gaze finally coming to a rest on the chairs, or more specifically, the symbols that are carved on them. His lips turn into a slight smile as he sees the carved ransuer, similar to the one tattooed on his hand. He begins to walk towards the seat, but pauses when the young girl that entered before him asks for assistance.

"Yes, this is the place," he responds. "I would be glad to help you, if you will only tell me your symbol, so that I can direct you to the right chair."

RationalGoblin
2010-05-04, 05:18 PM
Velmi the Skald

As Velmi walks into The Darius, he hums an old bardic tune. His cruel, yellow eyes identifies his devilish master quite clearly. He smiles, a grin that would not be out of place on a fresh corpse. Velmi is shabbily dressed, in an olive green, tattered bard's costume.

The fallen bard opens the door to the back room, sliding across over the floor like a slug; more accurately, like his sluggish master.

He takes one of the cheeses, but does not eat it; instead he puts the meat in one of his outfit's pockets.

"Our benefactor seems to want to treat us with great respect. I approve."

As he winds around the table to his spot, Velmi nods respectfully, and when he arrives at his own seat, he smiles again. He pulls out a finely-made, yet heavily cracked lute from his pack, and begins strumming softly, playing an ancient tune of death and betrayal.

He listens to the others who have arrived, noting their various defects and oddities.

"I suppose it would be pointless to conceal who I am, since one of us has already revealed his patronage, and for others, the source of our power is obvious. I am Velmi, servant of the Lord of Lies, Baalzebul. I assume the rest of us are here because we are fellow agents of the Archdevils."

At his proclamation, there is a slight buzzing, as if flies are all around the bard, but the buzzing quickly ceases.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-04, 06:03 PM
Velmi the Skald
"Our benefactor seems to want to treat us with great respect. I approve."

As he winds around the table to his spot, Velmi nods respectfully, and when he arrives at his own seat, he smiles again. He pulls out a finely-made, yet heavily cracked lute from his pack, and begins strumming softly, playing an ancient tune of death and betrayal.

He listens to the others who have arrived, noting their various defects and oddities.

"I suppose it would be pointless to conceal who I am, since one of us has already revealed his patronage, and for others, the source of our power is obvious. I am Velmi, servant of the Lord of Lies, Baalzebul. I assume the rest of us are here because we are fellow agents of the Archdevils."

At his proclamation, there is a slight buzzing, as if flies are all around the bard, but the buzzing quickly ceases.

"Well now this proves to be interesting, so you are the servant of the Lord of Lies. I am glad to see you at this evening and I out of all of the lords, other than my Lady of course, Baalzebul intrigues me the most and I am glad that I maybe able to glean knowledge off of someone who is so close to such a lord." Burak says as he sits properly in his false chair to speak with the disciple, ignoring the other one who came in and was being served by the girl.

kemmotar
2010-05-04, 06:56 PM
Karran, disciple of Bel

And so we drop our masks, not even five minutes into the room. I guess there is no point to hide amongst ourselves or for the benefit of our host. I am Karran, servant of Bel.

Ixahinon
2010-05-04, 07:20 PM
Ixahinon

The 5 foot 11 inch human walked down the street of the city without any attempts to hide his presence, or conceal his approach. There was always a pair of eyes on him, most often eyes belonging to the female race.Why wouldn't they look? The man's appearance was - simply put - perfection.

His physique was lithe and wiry, with little muscle to the form, but that didn't take away from the charm. It was mostly in the face, where the beauty lied. Long raven black hair flowed behind him. If it stood still, one would imagine it reached to about shoulder's length, but as the shiny, fine substance was bouncing and flowing endlessly behind him, it was hard to tell for sure.

Piercing blue eyes were placed within sockets equally apart from each other, separated by a nose that was not too long, but not too short, and rounded perfectly at the end. Beneath the nose was a neatly trimmed mustache that was separated by the dimple on the upper lip. The thin length of hair was only a few inches long. Underneath the thin lips was a black tuft of hair that lined from the lips, to the chin, and no further.

He wore expertly tailored clothes, the type that hinted that he was in a profession of importance. Well off merchant, or lawyer, perhaps. All in all, the human looked like a person that even a lowly thug would take down should he enter the back part of town. So why didn't they now?

Perhaps the 9 foot tall hulking mass of green skinned muscle would be the reason. Indeed, it appeared as though the well to do human had a bodyguard few wanted to enrage. The troll was the exact opposite of the one it guarded - remarkably ugly. Massive green welts covered it's muscular body, eyes sunk deep into its head, and a long nose that crossed both lips. If it's smell was not enough to keep attackers at by, it's intimidating presence was.

The door to The Darius was found, and thrust upon, the human walking in and glancing about at the six empty chairs, and the five full ones, also taking note of all the symbols upon the chairs, and smirking softly at himself.

The troll behind him quickly faded from view as the door swung closed behind him, and without missing a beat, he headed to the symbol that appropriately marked his Archdevil Master.

Very formally, the human pulled out his chair, and fluffed out his attire before taking a seat, sitting with perfect posture, and placing his hands upon the armrests before crossing them over his stomach, interlacing thin fingers.

Seedy establishment. Devilish symbols. Eleven chairs. I can only assume concerning our perspective masters is about to unfold, hmm?

(OoC: Spoiler for DM only)

Don't know if you need to know, but might as well explain anyway:

Troll was a Major Image created by Cer'ess'iel.

Ixahinon is under guise of Alter Self. DC 19 to dispel.

Arudin
2010-05-04, 07:21 PM
Giving a slight sight, Arudin replies, "Might as well introduce myself, I suppose. I'm Arudin, servant of Belial, Lord of Pain and Suffering. Nice to meet all of you." After thinking for a few moments, he removes his hat, and tucks it under his arm. After a moment, the illusion fades, revealing short white hair, and eyes with off-white irises. He also appears thinner than before, and various tattoos slowly fade into existence.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-04, 07:46 PM
"My, my, my, what an interesting group we are. We now have, by the looks of it, been blessed with the company of representatives of Belial and Mephistopheles. Now man of Belial where is your little lady? I had expected that you would be nigh inseparable, has there been a falling out? that would worry ever so much, I mean if we could not have all of these seats filled I do not think it would be in the feeling of the evening, do you agree?." Burak says with a small smile on his face and playfulness in his eyes, the face though does not respond well to the tumors that have pushed the flesh of his face.

"Ah, and now my attention turns to our guest who walks in with such confidence he must be the disciple of Mephistopheles. This gets me to thinking, I wonder if the old rivalries of the hells will come to pass in this room. However a beautiful ending to the night that would be, I do not wish it upon this gathering because we can take the world in the palm of our hands and make it ours." Burak says keeping his smile going but this time speaks to the crowd rather than to an individual.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-04, 08:01 PM
Karran, disciple of Bel

And so we drop our masks, not even five minutes into the room. I guess there is no point to hide amongst ourselves or for the benefit of our host. I am Karran, servant of Bel.

Velmi, disciple of Baalzebul

"Exactly my thinking. Why lie when there is no point to deceiving? When the truth is much more outlandish and profitable, truth is preferable to deceit."

Velmi strums another tune, that of glory and conquest.

"Besides, it's likely that our host called us all together to work as a combined force, not a scheming rabble who won't even tell each other our names. After all, if he called together the servants of all 11 Archdevils, he is likely not a fool. In the old legends, a pretender to the throne would gather together formerly squabbling nobles under one banner to unite behind him. I'm confident that this is close to the truth."

He nods at Burak.

"The Archduchess, eh? A powerful patron, to be sure. I would be glad to share knowledge with a follower of Glasya... For a price, of course."

He frowns at Karran.

"A follower of Bel? I thought he was too busy with the Blood War to bother with mortal servants on this plane. Still, it is good that even the newest of Archdevils can foster a presumably strong servant."

When Ixahinon arrives, Velmi nods respectfully (again).

"Velmi, servant of Baalzebul, at your service. Good to know that you've come to the same conclusions as I."

Finally, Velmi smiles (somewhat genuinely) at Arudin.

"Any servant of my master's ally is someone extremely useful to me, and I welcome you."

Ixahinon
2010-05-04, 08:24 PM
Ixahinon

Ahh, but you certainly can't be expecting a band of merry man, either, can you? Turning his head over to look upon the Disciple of Baalzebul, the look of seriousness all about his face. It should be common knowledge - at least to this room - that rivalries run between each others Master runs long, and runs deep.

In fact, I very much suspect that if it were not for the united meeting, dear Sir, we would be at each others throats, indeed. Ixahinon was aware that he was starring into the grotesque face of a disciple of his own master's greatest enemy. He could, consequently, very accurately assume that Velmi was aware of the same.

On that note, I am happy to reveal that Ixahinon is my name, and Mephistopheles is my Lord and Master. However, I afraid that this is where the realm of information ends, and the domain of secrets begin.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-04, 09:02 PM
Velmi, Servant of Baalzebul

"Well, of course. Any servant of that ingrate Mephistopheles is naturally my enemy. As are the servants of those who caused my master to be transformed into his slug-like form. But that doesn't mean that I must be openly rude towards the servant of a fellow Archdevil. At least not at this time"

Velmi stops strumming his lute, and looks up the other man.

"And yes, we would be at each others throats, and whatever we have been called to do here, I fully expect you and I to be calling for the other's death before it ends. But again, that's no excuse to be holding back pleasantries and to not offer empty promises.

However, I agree with you. Beyond our names and masters, the secrets begin here. However united we may be, our patrons have been feuding for countless millennium. We cannot be expected to show the weakness of trusting each other."

kemmotar
2010-05-04, 09:41 PM
Karran Disciple of Bel

Looking directly at Velmi, her expression cold, the exact opposite of what a face with such warm honey eyes should have.

For better or worse, my master is busy protecting all of your realms as well so you would best at least show some respect to the one that keeps your back yards empty of demons so you can indulge in your squabbles. As to my master's interests in the mortal plane, I have come to his service and that is all that concerns anyone. We have come here neither to exchange neither pleasantries nor life stories. Presumably the one that called us here has a business offer, though I would not so readily indulge in the hospitality of a man that has yet to show his face and state his business as most of you seem to do.

After a pause and a smile that may have been reassuring had it not been so devoid of actual emotion she continued.

In the meantime, I expect you will wait until after whoever invited us has presented his business before killing each other. If you wish to indulge yourselves, it would make a nice show. But it would scarcely be a service to your masters if you appear as barbarous louts that take the first opportunity to reach for one another's throats and the word and interests of our masters are absolute law for those who serve them.

Vulaas
2010-05-05, 02:31 AM
Tocsi

"Oh, so sorry. I'm afraid that my patron is Levistus. I must have faded out for a short while, now where is my seat exactly? As we're in introductions, I may as well reveal mine. I'm Tocsi, a fencer of some little skill."

The young lady stands as though unknowing of what she should do, looking back and forth between the lady Karran and Velmi, unsure of what to make of their exchange.

nolispe
2010-05-05, 05:47 AM
Aleritis, Servant of Dispater
The cloaked figure approaches, keeping it's face down. Without looking up, it steps inside the room, and goes to sit down at the chair with the tower of dispater.

Ernir
2010-05-05, 01:39 PM
Tichondria, Disciple of Fierna

A beautiful, dark-haired woman dressed in the latest fashion enters the room late. She does not speak, but eyes every man in the room with a seductive glare, and takes the seat marked for Fierna.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-05, 02:39 PM
He nods at Burak.

"The Archduchess, eh? A powerful patron, to be sure. I would be glad to share knowledge with a follower of Glasya... For a price, of course."

"A price so soon, if I had not been told before hand I call you disciple of Mammon with such avarice. A trade of information I think would be reasonable enough but we shall talk further on this later." Burak says to Velmi in mock shock at his words.

"Now is this who I was speaking of earlier in the evening? Why it must be with such beauty, I am glad to see that the other half of the coin of Phlegethos. Disciple of Fierna I welcome you to this gathering, i hope that we may come to be as great allies as our archduchesses have become." Burak says to the disciple with a small nod and motion of his hands to denote bowing.

"And now the traitor's chosen comes into our presence but I think that we should not hold this girl accountable for the choice of her patron. We are here to work together, correct, so we should attempt to do that as such." Burak says to Tocsi with none of his care-free nature in his voice or his ever present smile.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-05, 06:11 PM
Velmi

Velmi's eyes narrow at both Kerran's rudeness and Burak's little joke, but then he smiles nastily.

"Disciple of Bel, I was not showing disrespect, far from it. I was simply surprised that Lord Bel had the time and skill needed to foster a disciple, what with 'protecting all of your realms so you can indulge in your squabbles', as you so bluntly put it.

Likewise, we mean no harm with our pleasantries. We were not called here for meaningless niceties, and there is no benefit, but nor is there a disadvantage to doing so.

So I humbly suggest that you stay out of the pleasantries, and thus stick to your patron's greatest skill. Killing."

He nods at the arrival and revelation of the others.

"Ah... I see the Iron Duke has sent his lackey. And the Lady of the Fourth has sent her servant to aid Burak in his work for Belial. Excellent. The servant of Levistus the Frozen as well reveals her presence. Not surprising, even given the Frozen Prince's hostility towards us all. I welcome you all. As I said before, I am Velmi.

Of course, now I wonder, who is our host, to call forth the servants of the mighty Archdevils?"

Velmi continues to strum a melancholy tune on his lute.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-05, 08:16 PM
A young man enters the room. His eyes are light and merry. He smiles as he sees the rest of the assembled servants. "Well, good to see someone else here first. Anyone know anything about this place?" He asks as he moves to sit in his chair.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-05, 08:29 PM
A young man enters the room. His eyes are light and merry. He smiles as he sees the rest of the assembled servants. "Well, good to see someone else here first. Anyone know anything about this place?" He asks as he moves to sit in his chair.

"Ah you must be the disciple of my lady's father, the eldest of the fallen angels, I welcome you servant of Asmodeus. I have become quite comfortable in this chair it pains me to leave it," Burak says as he looks straight at the disciple and leans back in the chair "but I will to avoid any problems. I am Burak Devrim disciple of My Benevolent Lady Glasya of the 6th layer and I beg your pardon for sitting in your appointed chair. I was not able to find my lady's scourge in any of the chairs so I took the one that appeared most comfortable in size and proportion, it seemed to fit me well. Do I you accept?" Burak asks as he slowly gets out of the chair and moves out of the way of the disciple. He motions with his hands towards the chair as an invitation to sit.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-05, 10:31 PM
Lightning crackles within the room as all the candles blow out and an unearthly chill settles upon everything. A wolf howls off in the distance, and the murmur of the patrons within the tavern on the other side side of the wall seems to twist into omnious chanting.

Black robes burst forward from the cupboard, and a pair of boots rises up out of the floor boards. Gloves fly through the air from a box in the corner, and suddenly, a body fills all of it. Dark, limp hair hangs over his pale face, blue icy veins visible criss-crossing his visage. His yellow eyes have a ring of red around the iris, and the rest of his eyes is pure black. He moves to sit in the chair marked by the skull, his feet never moving, his body suspended a foot above the ground. The chair slides back, as if moved by some unseen force.

"Welcome to my parlour, said the owlbear to the adventurer. I see you all have enjoyed your time among the elsser beings, but now you shall learn to heel to my yoke. For I shall be your master, and you my weapons, to be wielded and swung against the necks of good and law. Too long have the forces of good and niceness haunted my steps. Too long have they watched my misdeeds, as meddling children. The church of BAHAMUT sent their foul shining yellow dragons against me, breathing their sickly sweet flames upon me, and thus have I come to you . . . you foul stepchildren of the afterbirth of reality, you cast out runts of the cosmic litter. You will be my aces to the INfernal blackjack/poker table! What say you?!?!?!"

The candles relight, and somewhere, you here a small kitten crying for its mother.

:wink::tongue::biggrin:See link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLI3fSgccZU) for appropriate background music:wink::tongue::biggrin:

Vulaas
2010-05-06, 01:02 AM
Tocsi

The girl flinches ever so slightly at the rebukes of Burak and Velmi, but accepts them without so much as a whisper before allowing herself to be led to her seat, though suddenly jumping when the articles begin to move around and the form materializes within.

"Forgive my startlement, but who in the Nine Burning Hells are you?", she asks in a quavering tone.

She gropes around for her goblet to try to calm herself with a quick drink.

kemmotar
2010-05-06, 07:15 AM
Karran

I say that people with a penchant for the dramatic should at least show the courtesy of telling us their names. I can also tell you I will neither heel under your yoke nor will I be your ace and you my master. On the other hand you can ask us to help you in return for a price...Until you make it our business to care, we won't...

Karran exclaimed in annoyance but added as an afterthought before settling back into her chair:

I accept payment in coins, magic items, gems and souls.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-06, 10:13 AM
"AHAH! First to speak are the dogs of the GENERAL and the TRAITOR!"

His arm extends to the other side of the table, and holds Tocsi's goblet down.

"We shall not drink until the deal is spoken. You are welcome to test my power if you think it wise, but I assure you, I am the equal of many more powerful than you. (cue manic laughter)"

kemmotar
2010-05-06, 10:48 AM
Karran

There would be no profit in finding out whether you are as powerful as you say.Especially since that would cease any talks of business. Besides you don't need to impress us...we've all dealt with beings more powerful than ourselves.

Ixahinon
2010-05-06, 01:26 PM
Ixahinon

The human watched with slight interest as the creature came into view with a flare for the dramatic, he also listened with mild interest on what the creature had to say. Flashy. That's the word that came to mind first, he even wanted to chuckle a bit at the show, and clap his hands in a mocking gesture, but two of the others spoke before him.

I am inclined to agree with the Lord of the First. No one has my undivided loyalty, except the Lord of the Eighth. You, sir, are not that person. In fact, from that entrance, I am inclined to believe you are nothing more than a mage with a lot of flashy cantrips.

Your desire to slaughter the forces of good just to invoke slaughtering are more suited for barbarians, or the chaos of the demonspawn. And the destruction of law? It sounds as though you are one of the aforementioned demonspawn. If that is the case, you shall get nothing from me but another thorn in your side.

Furthermore: I, for one, am far more concerned with my own persuits, than your... Ixahinon took a moment to try to figure out what exactly this man was wanting What exactly do you want? While I will be more than happy to listen to your plea, simply doing it for you because you demanded it is rather unlikely.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-06, 02:15 PM
Ixahinon

The human watched with slight interest as the creature came into view with a flare for the dramatic, he also listened with mild interest on what the creature had to say. Flashy. That's the word that came to mind first, he even wanted to chuckle a bit at the show, and clap his hands in a mocking gesture, but two of the others spoke before him.

I am inclined to agree with the Lord of the First. No one has my undivided loyalty, except the Lord of the Eighth. You, sir, are not that person. In fact, from that entrance, I am inclined to believe you are nothing more than a mage with a lot of flashy cantrips.

Your desire to slaughter the forces of good just to invoke slaughtering are more suited for barbarians, or the chaos of the demonspawn. And the destruction of law? It sounds as though you are one of the aforementioned demonspawn. If that is the case, you shall get nothing from me but another thorn in your side.

Furthermore: I, for one, am far more concerned with my own persuits, than your... Ixahinon took a moment to try to figure out what exactly this man was wanting What exactly do you want? While I will be more than happy to listen to your plea, simply doing it for you because you demanded it is rather unlikely.

Burak was about to begin clapping slowly and mockingly but Ixahinon moved before him and all that he did was look at him with a surprised smile and listening to his words.

"You speak true Servant of the Eight; my loyalty is to my benevolent Lady Glasya. I think we have misinterpreted what this man is here for, he must be the entertainment. Good show, I particularly liked that little thing that you did with the candles, very stylish. Now that your act is done could you please fetch me a bunch of grapes from your side of the table and be quick about it." Burak says directly after Ixahinon finished what he had said.

kemmotar
2010-05-06, 02:43 PM
Kararn, disciple of Bel

Upon Ixahinon's words Karran narrowed her eyes slightly and looked more carefully at the creature.

sense motive (if possible to see if this is a demon): [roll0]
+2 if it is an evil outsider
alternatively, spot: [roll1]

Arudin
2010-05-06, 03:30 PM
After offering the young woman his arm, and leading her to her seat, Arudin sits down in his own chair. When the man arrives, Arudin sits and waits patiently, listening to the others.

"I must agree with the others," he states. "While I have no qualms about killing the forces of good, I will not hunt down the honorable and just without due cause. I may be a disciple, but I am not one of yours, whomever or whatever you might be. You may be powerful, but I sincerely doubt any Archduke would need to announce themselves with such pomp." He pauses a moment, showing a thoughtful look. "However, I am not unwilling to help you, so long as I have proper incentive and your plans do not require that I betray my lord in any way."

Ixahinon
2010-05-06, 04:35 PM
Ixahinon

Ixahinon pulls on the hairs of the tuft on his lower chin, as he formulated ideas in his head on how to best exploit this situation so that it worked in his favor. Everyone else was seeming to negociate price, and so quickly as well, he might as well get in on the game. Upon the last man finishing his words, Ixahinon piped up once again, scoffing softly to insinuate his point.

I, however, find myself most unwilling to help you, especially after such a display of arrogence. Indeed, unless the payment offered is to my standards - which is quite substantial, suffice it to say. You see, in helping you, time is being wasted. More over, my time is being wasted. Since I suspect your delimmas will not cross my own, I fear a lot of my time will be wasted...and as such, will demand nothing less than substancial pament of said time.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-06, 04:42 PM
Velmi the Skald, Disciple of Baalzebul

Velmi simply blinks and stares at the stranger's odd entrance.

"Ah, that explains it. Our host is utterly mad."

He listens to the other disciple's reactions, and nods approvingly.

"I agree with the Disciple of the Eighth and of the First. Give us more information, give us a reason to care about your petty troubles, and we will listen to your request to slay the forces of good. However, I serve none but the Lord of Lies, little man.

I do like the dramatics, though. The candles were a nice touch."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-06, 04:57 PM
"HOW DARE YOU NOT TRUST ME! I AM YOUR CHANCE TO DO SOMETHING WORTH WHILE! THE EXTERMINATION OF MEDDLESOME GOOD, THE---"

A twisting white-hot flame strikes the hooded figure in the face, and he falls out of the chair, shivering and wimpering on the floor. The flames dance for a second on his skin before leaping up and splitting off to overtake the flames lighting the candles of the room, each ball of flame illuminating the room in near daylight, as the windows darken and the whole room glows for a moment in blue light.

All eyes turn to the little serving girl, her hand outstretched, smoking and sizzling as if it was just pulled from a firepit, the hum of hot metal hanging in the air. She smiles a big bright smile, her crystal blue eyes twinkling.

"The room is secure now, no one will know what is going on." she says in a cheery sweet voice.

She brushes off a thin layer of ash from her dark skin, and pulls out two identical ribbons, which she throws up into the air. They tie themselves neatly around her hair to form identical pigtails as she walks over to the chair to sit down.

"You'll forgive the ruse I'm sure. It was all in the efforts of concealing ourselves from -his- allies." She points at the man crumpled on the floor.

"He attempted to infiltrate this meeting this morning, claiming to be Burak, servant of the sixth, knowing your particular ability to change shape. Of course, my own agents had been the ones to provide him with the information, so he played directly into my hand. Unfortunately, the first request will have to wait, I need you to deal with the order of paladins this man represents. Payment of course is forthcoming. I need the servants of the archdukes because I need to be sure my entrusted help won't fail. So time is short, are you in?"

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-06, 05:17 PM
All eyes turn to the little serving girl, her hand outstretched, smoking and sizzling as if it was just pulled from a firepit, the hum of hot metal hanging in the air. She smiles a big bright smile, her crystal blue eyes twinkling.

"The room is secure now, no one will know what is going on." she says in a cheery sweet voice.

She brushes off a thin layer of ash from her dark skin, and pulls out two identical ribbons, which she throws up into the air. They tie themselves neatly around her hair to form identical pigtails as she walks over to the chair to sit down.

"You'll forgive the ruse I'm sure. It was all in the efforts of concealing ourselves from -his- allies." She points at the man crumpled on the floor.

"He attempted to infiltrate this meeting this morning, claiming to be Burak, servant of the sixth, knowing your particular ability to change shape. Of course, my own agents had been the ones to provide him with the information, so he played directly into my hand. Unfortunately, the first request will have to wait, I need you to deal with the order of paladins this man represents. Payment of course is forthcoming. I need the servants of the archdukes because I need to be sure my entrusted help won't fail. So time is short, are you in?"

"He claimed to be me, well than I am glad that he is gone. An imposter can only sully my good name." Burak says with a wide smile, "Now miss... I don't know where to start with you; you are absolutely the most interesting woman I have ever seen. I am at your service just due to your beauty and your cunning, miss... and what is you preferred title my lady." Burak asks but than remembers something "I apologize for interrupting, may I ask which paladins we are speaking of because I may have already handicapped them by having their leader being hunted down like the dog that he is?"

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-06, 05:41 PM
"He claimed to be me, well than I am glad that he is gone. An imposter can only sully my good name." Burak says with a wide smile, "Now miss... I don't know where to start with you; you are absolutely the most interesting woman I have ever seen. I am at your service just due to your beauty and your cunning, miss... and what is you preferred title my lady." Burak asks but than remembers something "I apologize for interrupting, may I ask which paladins we are speaking of because I may have already handicapped them by having their leader being hunted down like the dog that he is?"

"The name is Emaneht, but you can just call me Emy." She smiles widely and tilts her head to the side.

"You see Burak, the problem with good is they share. And we, being not of the illusion that we are good, do the natural thing and keep things to ourselves. We do what is needed to keep the demons at bay, whatever form they take or agents they act through. But good shares. So your little stunt today, it means nothing besides a "good" man is in prison, and others will suspect the truth. So we will lightly remind them of the order of things, and we are going to listen to what I say. I won't tell you what to do very often, but I need your obeisance in order to advance my interests, which will advance your interests."

RationalGoblin
2010-05-06, 06:13 PM
Velmi

Velmi laughs at the crushing destruction of the apparent do-gooder.

"My lady Emy, through that little stunt, you've gained the approval of all of us. You are truly as cunning as any servant of the Nine Hells. And that assurance for payment is quite generous. Most would task us to do a quest, then give us payment after the fact, if they were so inclined.

So, since we've addressed the overarching problem, what shall we be tasked with first?"

Ixahinon
2010-05-06, 06:17 PM
Ixahinon

I, however, am not so easily swayed by looks alone... Emaneht, was it? Though, just by listening to her words, Ixahinon was far more willing to believe the validity of this Emaneht before the impostor slain so quickly before hand.

Her words rang true. Often times, the very notion of sharing is what leads to the mistrust, and eventually warring of forces of good that used to be allies. It never made sense to him to share power with someone of equal rank. Such delegation of power should only be handed down to a subject that can easily be controlled.

Will it advance my interests, Emaneht? Are you even aware of what my interests are, in order to make such strong assumptions? Ixahinon was too much like his Lord and Master. Just as Mephestopheles wants nothing more than the Throne of Asmodeus, Ixahinon wants nothing more than a rank in Hell no lower than Mephestopheles himself...perhaps even his Throne, if the opportunity presents itself.

Then he snapped back from his brief thoughts of aspiration, to the task at hand. I stand by my previous words, even if it was to an impostor. Should you wish to win over my assistance, the reward must be substantial enough to make up for the time wasted. Even more so, if you expect me to assist with an assault on...holy men. The human shuddered softly at the though of it, recalling his last account with a holy symbol that was presented mere inches from his face..

kemmotar
2010-05-06, 06:53 PM
Karran, disciple of Bel

Karran stared uncaringly at the impostor, slightly wrinkling her nose more from disgust at the creature itself than the odour. This was nothing compared to the smell of the battles of the blood war.

An interesting ruse, surely. It's nice to see some still keep to traditional values. I still find it laughable though that these people still cling to such stereotypical villainhood. This is why they lose ground every day, those they call enemies walk among them everyday and they are blind to them. Nevertheless, creatures of caution as we all are I trust you haven't come here with the expectation that we will accede to your requests with so little knowledge. Of course having paladins infiltrate a private meeting and having one of them insult our nature by comparing us to filth the likes of demons surely merits some sort of punishment. As far as that goes, you have my agreement...of course, only if the payment is good enough. On the matter of your apparent overarching goal, we will require more detailed information as well as information on our payment, ways to reach you and something by way of insurance should you decide you don't want to pay us, if you're dead etc etc...

Karran paused for a second considering how to next proceed as if contemplating all the ways in which they could be betrayed.

Of course this will all be decided at another meeting at a place chosen in common preferably, or at the very least consented to by all. For now, once payment has been agreed, part payment given or at least some insurance and the place decided we will carry out this request.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-06, 07:59 PM
"You see Burak, the problem with good is they share. And we, being not of the illusion that we are good, do the natural thing and keep things to ourselves. We do what is needed to keep the demons at bay, whatever form they take or agents they act through. But good shares. So your little stunt today, it means nothing besides a "good" man is in prison, and others will suspect the truth. So we will lightly remind them of the order of things, and we are going to listen to what I say. I won't tell you what to do very often, but I need your obeisance in order to advance my interests, which will advance your interests."

"I like my interests; they are my favorite type of interest. I prefer to call it a "House Call" but it matters not the name of the action it was successful. I am here and he is being hunted, everyone loved his wife so much that he will pay for "his" action. Most likely he will rot in there as the cogs of judgment will turn slowly and him being the age he is he may not survive that time." Burak says bathing in his ego for the moment before he regains concentration on the matter at hand.

"So Emy, you would have us be the regulators of these men and women of good. I like that, sounds like something I could get used to. I will follow your words because at this point it seems you already have something in mind and you have already shown that you deserve it. Well now we wait on baited breath. What do you intend for us to do to these cretins of good and light." Burak says his smile becoming smaller in thought of what might come next.

Arudin
2010-05-06, 08:49 PM
"This... display has addressed one of my major concerns quite nicely. These "good men" you speak of cannot possibly as honorable as they claim, especially since they just attempted to back stab us," Arudin replies with an angered expression. He then picks up the goblet in front of him and takes a small sip, before setting it down and continuing in a lighter tone.

"I would not mind showing these people their rightful place, Lady Emaneht. However, I am afraid I cannot simply take your offer on good faith, as my time is not my own. You have shown us that you are powerful, yes, but unfortunately, strength does not necessarily equal wealth or influence . So, I need further reassurances that you can do what you promise before I may commit my, and thus my Lord's, time and effort to this enterprise, however much I might wish to partake myself." Saying this, he pets the bird that sits in front of him on the table as it drinks from his goblet.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-06, 09:10 PM
Asterith, Disciple of Asmodeus

Asterith shakes his head. Fools. Have they learned nothing?

He looks around the room, smiling at the other disciples. "Have you learned nothing from your time as disciples? Can all you think of is payment. I'm not surprised that Glasya's disciple is the only one who has any foresight, his mistress being born from the seed of my master. Think people. Many have said that good is dumb, but I challenge any who believe that good is not capable of trickery."

Asterith turns to Emy and nods to her. "No offense, milady, but there is absolutely no proof that you are not a servant of the good powers. For all his stereotypicalness..." Asterith says as he points toward the still smoking body. "This man may be our true benefactor. Mayhaps our benefactor was just an idiot? A, heh, well-meaning, but still stupid man, and that this woman, if she is in fact, a woman, or humanoid, is our true benefactor just because she is smooth-talking and good looking? I think not."

Asterith smiled, dark and wide. "I guess I gotta wait to hear the rest of this then."

Ixahinon
2010-05-06, 09:40 PM
Ixahinon

Ixahinon turned his attention over to the Disciple of the Ninth, and almost immediately the look turned into a hard, mocking glare. It would be lying to say there was not a small amount of hate within Ixahinon as he spoke his venomous words.

Ahh, yes. The Ninth Disciple speaks, and when he does, it is with all the regalia he believes he deserves. Perhaps you are arrogant enough to believe a reward is not an issue, but those of us beneath your Lord still covet such trivial things as coin, and treasure. If the sarcasm in his tone could have been any more prevalent, Ixahinon might have been happier with his words.

Vulaas
2010-05-06, 09:42 PM

Asterith shakes his head. Fools. Have they learned nothing?

He looks around the room, smiling at the other disciples. "Have you learned nothing from your time as disciples? Can all you think of is payment. I'm not surprised that Glasya's disciple is the only one who has any foresight, his mistress being born from the seed of my master. Think people. Many have said that good is dumb, but I challenge any who believe that good is not capable of trickery."

Asterith turns to Emy and nods to her. "No offense, milady, but there is absolutely no proof that you are not a servant of the good powers. For all his stereotypicalness..." Asterith says as he points toward the still smoking body. "This man may be our true benefactor. Mayhaps our benefactor was just an idiot? A, heh, well-meaning, but still stupid man, and that this woman, if she is in fact, a woman, or humanoid, is our true benefactor just because she is smooth-talking and good looking? I think not."

Asterith smiled, dark and wide. "I guess I gotta wait to hear the rest of this then."
Taking a quick swig from her goblet, Tocsi tilts her head towards Asterith
"Oh, and just because you serve Asmodeus you should be the one to speak for us all and are obviously the only one with intellect among us? Regardless, I do not claim to speak for Levistus, I merely thank him for my station in life being anything higher than what you could expect for a whore's daughter. As such, I care very little for your petty squabbling over who came from who, and who has the biggest layer," she waspishly notes, taking another swig before continuing, blankly turning her head back and forth in a vain attempt to look at everyone while she talks.
"We can not trust Emy, unfortunately, as there is no proof she is who is claimed, though there is none for any of us either. Can you give claim to your patronage, any of you?"

At this, she turns around and pulls her dress down a short ways, revealing a tattoo of a black rapier thrust through a blocky shape that were it not the same pale shade as the girl beneath it very well could be ice, though as is looked closer to a prism.

"In case of doubt, here would be my proof."

kemmotar
2010-05-06, 10:07 PM
Karran, disciple of Bel

At Tocsi's remark Karran laughed aloud goodnaturedly.

Well said, well said. As for my own proof

She said unsheathing her greatsword from her back, the hilt is enameled with the symbol of Bel, the blade glistens with green hellfire.

This is the boon of my brand. A greatsword of cold iron, fashioned to battle demons. A gift from my lord.

Considering the matter done, she once more sheathes her blade and turns to Asterith.

As for you...You speak with prudence, servant of the ninth. Perhaps there is a plan behind this...in this case I do not doubt it myself. However, I cannot accept that...that walking cliche was anything but an idiot masquerading as one of us. Surely, such an idiot would not have been able to call all of us here nor speak to the disciples of the arch-dukes of the nine hells and ask their fealty. Our...hmmm...momentary willingness to believe the words of this cunning being is no more than good business. She wants something done and she will pay. Is this not the way this works? If the idiot paladins that still hang onto their archaic black and white perception seek to infiltrate this private meeting, then they put themselves alone in harm's way...also possibly their loved ones. Making sure they have one more reason not to meddle with our business, is just taking out an aggressive competitor...Is that not after all what your own master seeks? Besides...I do not think any of us actually trust this being, in a young woman's guise. The name, the appearance, probably fake. Perhaps this was all staged to measure our capabilities and willingness. All marks of a good businessman. Before you throw us all in a basket and label us fools, look to our words. Most of us, I take it, agree to do away with these meddlesome paladins but none of us are willing to actually follow without knowledge of what it is we are expected to do. It seems you have inherited your master's over-caution. He never parts from the ruby rod and his immense guard never moves from Nessus. He does not need to take any risks and has his own power. He waits now. We, and that includes you disciple of the ninth, do not control such power, we have to take some risks and find business ventures where we might. We all have our goals and those of our masters to serve. That, however, does not happen without currency, be it that of the mortal world or that of the immortal world, or some other benefit.

For a second Karran narrowed her eyes and raised her fingers

Aha, there is of course one very simple way to deal with the question whether our host is in fact a good in nature. I'm sure other than me, many should be able to discern a creature's alignment as simply as asking and that others should be able to discern if some magic is throwing off our abilities with regards to that.

She addressed the assembly and then turned towards Emaneht

As a gesture of...good faith, can I ask you to drop any defences which might make your aura one of good. If you do not, someone should be able to find it and we will take that as an affirmation of your nature. In the meantime I will volunteer my services in detecting the nature of this creature.

With a frown she quickly added:

I hope you do not take it amiss that I call you creature or being. But we cannot be sure of your nature and that seems to cover it all. Now as I was saying. For the sake of good business, will you submit to this...interrogation of sorts? That should be satisfactory for now... I hope we are all in agreement?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-06, 10:58 PM
"I understand your need to analyze everything, but understand when I say that though time is like a dammed river, I still want you to swim. Since you all seem to be itching to get out there, I propose a toast, and then we will take a little trip to my personal armoury to outfit you."

A finger of hellfire shoots forward from Emy's hand, and lights each glass, first Karran's, then around the table back to Emy. Little figures seem to dance in the flames.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-06, 11:10 PM
Velmi

Velmi frowns at the arrogance of Asterith, but nods at Karran and Tosci.

"Well said, miladies, I agree wholeheartedly, now that I look closer at the situation. Just because our benefactor eliminated a possible threat to us, does not mean we wish to serve you blindly. And since we seem to be in the habit of revealing our proof to disciplehood, here is mine."

Velmi simply smiles, as a great buzzing noise erupts from somewhere within him, and a small horde of tiny locusts, flies, and beetles flow out from his body. Then, he snaps his fingers, and the various insects fly back inside him, and the buzzing stops as quickly as it started.

When Emy lights the glasses, Velmi whistles slowly.

"Amusing parlour trick. Hellfire, I believe that is your master's trademark, isn't it, Disciple of Mephistoheles?"

Ixahinon
2010-05-06, 11:22 PM
Ixahinon

A power few can harness, and should not be classified as a mere trick, to be sure. Watching as as the flames danced about within his glass. Ixahinon was more inclined to sit more relaxed with the mysterious lady upon seeing the use of his Patron's creation.

Though the human was not really 'iching' to get out there, he was willing to move forward. There was no need to say anything else, for his speculations were expressed through other Disciples.

Ernir
2010-05-07, 08:22 PM

Tichondria keeps silent, for once, trying to assess the situation. To herself, she thinks...

(For any and all mind readers out there:)"Hmm. A girl. Damnit three times over! I hate it when women are in charge. My talents will be of no use here."
"If she even is a girl. It could be an Incubus for all I know. If only I could risk a spell..."

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-07, 10:37 PM
Asterith

Asterith shrugs at Tocsi. "It seems as if you forget that there is magic in this world, and powerful ones can fake it easily."

He turns and smiles at Karran. "My, heh, currency, is power. I was referring to your asking of payment." Asterith paces over to the table and picks up a glass. "Well. Who wants to drink first?" He says, a smile playing the edges of his lips.

kemmotar
2010-05-07, 11:41 PM
Karran, disciple of Bel

My asking for payment simply means that my current goals can be served with money.

Karran said dismissively.

As to who goes first, I would think that the disciple of Nessus would claim this honor unto himself. It would be horribly offensive of us to your master as well as rude of you to our host to not be the first to raise your glass, being the disciple of his Lordship the Archduke of Nessus, the mighty Asmodeus...wouldn't you find...? Is it not after all the duty of the disciple of the master of all the hells to lead the way so that we may look to you to be the example on good manners and leadership?

She continued raising one eyebrow and looking quizzically at Asterith, with the smile of sarcasm carved upon her lips as if to communicate "wouldn't it be fun if the cup is poisoned..."

Arudin
2010-05-08, 10:05 AM
"As most of you can no doubt see, my proof of fealty is here," Arudin replies as he taps his cheek. "Though truly, I do not see the point of this. It is not as though some devoted fool wouldn't be willing to tattoo himself in order to infiltrate our meeting. And it is not as though all of our brands are as visible as the disciple of Bel's is. Most of have been marked in subtler ways. Either way, it matters little."

Shrugging, he lifts his glass and turns towards Emaneht. "That was an impressive feat madam, though it raises more questions than it answers. I am no stranger to betrayal, and am willing to take this risk, if it helps to further my Lord's goals. If you'll just describe your plans for us in more detail, I may be able to decide if that is the case."

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-08, 01:44 PM
Karran, disciple of Bel

My asking for payment simply means that my current goals can be served with money.

As to who goes first, I would think that the disciple of Nessus would claim this honor unto himself. It would be horribly offensive of us to your master as well as rude of you to our host to not be the first to raise your glass, being the disciple of his Lordship the Archduke of Nessus, the mighty Asmodeus...wouldn't you find...? Is it not after all the duty of the disciple of the master of all the hells to lead the way so that we may look to you to be the example on good manners and leadership?

She continued raising one eyebrow and looking quizzically at Asterith, with the smile of sarcasm carved upon her lips as if to communicate "wouldn't it be fun if the cup is poisoned..."

Asterith laughs. "I have no manners, as I'm sure you've noticed, and as to leadership, he shrugs "a good leader always delegates."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-08, 04:49 PM

"YOU PEOPLE ARE PARANOID!!!" Burak yells at all of them, he then quickly grabs his drink blows off the fire and drinks all of it in one go. He then wipes off his mouth with his sleeve, "There, I didn't fall over dead, I am not rolling on the floor and I am not poisoned in the least. There is enough power among all of us that if we were to be tricked that we could all find the person, kill them and be able to get away scot free. I have shown my trust in our host; I do hope that you all do the same because we can talk about this once we all have agreed on this." Burak says to all of them

kemmotar
2010-05-08, 06:06 PM
Karran, disciple of Bel

You refer to paranoia as a bad trait in our line of business. It appears the hiring standards really have fallen and the traditional principles that make us are largely ignored. Besides...as they say, the target must get lucky all the time, the killers have to get lucky only once.

Karran then turned to Emaneht

If I appear uncouth, gracious host, I beg your forgiveness. Perhaps there is no reason for me to suspect you, but trust is a rare commodity in our days and I'm quite close handed with it. I hope you will not take offence if I forgo the toast, this in no way impacts on my willingness to establish a...business relationship I hope will flourish in time, both in extent and trust.

Upon finishing her sentence, she nodded formally, halfway to what a bow would be were she not sitting down.

Vulaas
2010-05-08, 06:17 PM
Tocsi, Disciple of Levistus

Paranoia? No....Perish the thought that a bunch of devil-worshipers would be leery of what the others hope to gain from your activity? That would never happen."

With a slight shake of her head, Tocsi takes a quick drink of her drink, jumping and sputtering at the sudden heat.

"Ok, who put a flame to my goblet?!"

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-08, 07:24 PM
Burak grows increasingly impatient with the group around him. He could not understand their trepidation for doing this. The disciple of Bel seems the least likely to make a move unlike her bold master, the servant of The Lord of the Hell's seems to be unable to make a move due to fear of reprisal already, And the rest seem to be more interested in showing off their marks of allegiance than actually get down to something useful. Burak finally grew tired and acted.

"Blah blah blah paranoia, blah blah blah standards, blah blah blah I'm better than you... Maybe we should all stop postulating and boasting. We can then get to some action. This is why we have been being over taken by the "good" people because we don't move to act. We plan and plan but we never actually get to the action part of it nor do we really ever actually get our hands dirty. Let's turn over a new leaf and bring the fight to them instead of letting them bring the fight to us." Burak says to all of them standing up from his seat to speak.

"This man coming in here is an example of the people of "good" becoming bolder, they no longer fear evil they only see it as something that can be beaten back. When we attack them on home turf and bring the fight to them than they will remember that we are the one's who are in control. I am not saying to act irrationally or hastily but to at least act." The whole time he spoke he pointed at former host of the meeting.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-08, 07:55 PM
Velmi

Velmi chuckles at Burak's impatience and annoyance at the other servants of the Archdevils. "Ah Burak, you have Glaysa's impertinence, but also her energy. I can see why she choose you as her disciple. As for my part in this toasting..."

The fallen bard simply grasps his glass in his gloved hand, and crushes it, the glass breaking unto wine-covered shards in his fist, and the fire presumably vanishing. He shakes the shards onto an unoccupied part of the floor.

"There. I have solved the issue of toasting. Now, the Disciple of Glaysa has a point. We need to act. We are the servants of the Archdevils after all; our masters can scheme any time they like: We must act in their stead. Let us strike the forces of so-called 'good' when they expect us to be fooled by their own agent.

We can plot and manipulate once we start moving; for now we are just wasting a valuable opportunity."

Velmi stands up abruptly, pushing his chair backwards.

"Now, I will see to the armory of Emy, to acquire the best weaponry for myself. If anyone else cares to get the best equipment for her task, I suggest that you join me."

kemmotar
2010-05-08, 07:58 PM
Karran, disciple of Bel

They do not fear us because they are foolish and because this has been cultivated to make them underestimate us...You might also note how well it is working from the previous...ehmm...performance. As to action, I've already agreed to bring this order face to face with the consequences of their actions. All we need to do is show them their efforts are...better spent elsewhere. When they meddle they get punished, when they bother with something other than our business they get their foolish feeling of minor success. Not unlike a small child...however, generally taking the fight to them would require diverting resources where they are better used. An assassination will serve us better, or allowing them to catch a red herring to make them think they've eradicated a valuable agent. If it works, why change it?

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-08, 08:52 PM

Asterith shrugs. "I'll throw in my hat as well." Asterith sets the goblet back down on the table next to Burak. "I think that the first order of business is to actually find out what we all have to spend for this endeavor. People, spells, money. Everything needs to be shared. As Burak said, at some point we'll need to trust each other."

RationalGoblin
2010-05-08, 10:58 PM
Velmi, Disciple of Baalzebul

Velmi nods.

"Agreed. Only demons distrust and betray each other when they have limited resources and an unknown threat. Our masters, the devils, usually unite when pressed. Only when we grow fat and powerful off our victories do we betray and backstab each other. As we are extensions of our masters facing a revealed, but unexplained threat, we must unite: the paladins are unknown only because most paladin orders don't infiltrate diabolic cabals.

I don't think any of us want a small-scale Reckoning of Hell on the mortal plane."

If only because it's far too messy to clean up after... Velmi thinks, causing a half-smile to appear on his features for a split second.

"Now then, As the Disciple of the dread Asmodeus pointed out, we need to know our respective powers. I'll summarize my abilities and possessions in three words: Manipulation and distraction. I'm no melee fighter, and nor can I blast destructive spells at my foes, but my magic is geared towards trickery and deceit, like my master. I have several gifts from Baalzebul that could turn the tide as well."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-09, 01:03 AM
"Now then, As the Disciple of the dread Asmodeus pointed out, we need to know our respective powers. I'll summarize my abilities and possessions in three words: Manipulation and distraction. I'm no melee fighter, and nor can I blast destructive spells at my foes, but my magic is geared towards trickery and deceit, like my master. I have several gifts from Baalzebul that could turn the tide as well."

"Alright," Burak says taking his seat again after he has seen his little speech was takne well "I'm your jack of all trades, I will play filler. Since I need no weapons and can be anyone you see I can infiltrate very easily," Burak says changing his apperance to match everyone of the disciples as he talks. "I also have versatility meaning that...let's say that Tocsi, you've been invited to a ball where there will be some members of the leading aristocracy and you need to kill one of them when they go off to their room. Now I am able to be your charming husband at the event, I will distract everyone and because of this beautiful piece of jewlery," He holds up his right hand showing a bracelet that has a small cog like creature on it "no one will know that I am even evil. I allow you to do your thing to the best of your ability." Burak says sitting finally allowing his form to return to it's original form.

Vulaas
2010-05-09, 09:36 AM
Tocsi, Disciple of Levistus

The lady grins, revealing a nice set of fairly white teeth to the assembly.
"Mmm, good...That makes two of us with that trick in our sleeves," Tocsi notes. "The real question now is what sorts of talents we all share, and what work we are to have."

At this, she languidly stretches out, stands up and leans down against her cane, letting it bow slightly with her slight weight, as she looks out at the assembled Disciples.

kemmotar
2010-05-09, 09:48 AM
Karran, disciple of Bel

I don't have many tricks up my sleeves, but I can bring the pain well enough. I may not be exactly hardy to normal attacks, but spells don't affect me easily and my wings keep me out of danger. I can also call my hunting dog, he's excellent when it comes to killing humans...he takes pride in his work and really enjoys it.

At which point she palmed the sending stone that corresponded to Alrik and allowed a small smile to cross her lips.

Ixahinon
2010-05-09, 10:43 AM
Ixahinon

Very well then, if we are to lay it all out on the table. I am a creature of subtly. Words are my weapons, though my aptitude within a fight is not something to neglect, either.

The human mind, when poked and prodded long enough, is a frail thing. Just like anything else, it will break; and when it does, the contents within it is yours to enjoy. If there is information to be had, it will be had. Like our shape shifting friend, I prefer to use the guise of illusion and friendship to wrench such information from them, as victory seems so much sweeter that way...but more vulgar means such a torture as not outside my realm. My companion, Cer'ess'iel, is far more suited for that.

Rather than taking a drink, Ixahinon was quick to dine upon the various meats offered at the table. Much like a lesser creature of his type, the Disciple preferred the meat raw, rather to cooked to normal standards...but it was still enough to sake the undying hunger.

Arudin
2010-05-09, 01:04 PM
Arudin

Raising his goblet in a slight toast, Arudin quickly drains it, flames and all, and places it back on the table. "Well then, I guess it's my turn. My skills lie in weakening and debilitating others so that the heavy hitters, like the disciple of the first there," he says with a nod towards Karran. "Can take them out. I can also provide any extra manpower we need or fill whatever roles need filling, though I'll need some time to prepare for that, as my former...minions were slain not long ago."

He then flips his hat back onto his head, and his body ripples, before appearing entirely different. "Now, are we going to talk about this all day, or are we going to get out there and prepare to put those traitors and pompous fools in their place?"

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-09, 01:16 PM
He then flips his hat back onto his head, and his body ripples, before appearing entirely different. "Now, are we going to talk about this all day, or are we going to get out there and prepare to put those traitors and pompous fools in their place?"

"I already said my part. I understand the need to understand each other but we should just get a move on because we can see what we can do when we get there and our host must be getting tired of us constantly speaking in circles, now then Emy if you would be so kind as to give us the information of what we will be doing for you we can set out to accomplish it." Burak says calmly but with a hint of impatience in his voice.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-09, 06:24 PM
Velmi

"It seems we have a surplus of schemers and manipulators. I suppose that's to be expected, when taking into account our masters.

Karran, was it? I recommend that you have first choice of any weaponry or armor we take off of the paladin corpses, and also in Emy's armory. Since you're our only decent melee fighter, you need effective equipment, if you don't have it already.

Tosci and Burak, your skills and mine are much the same, and because of this, I propose that we pool our talents even more closely then our entire group is doing.

Disciple of Mephistopheles, I recommend that you use your talents on those weakened by our distractions; and more importantly on those stronger in body then in mind.

Arudin, If you don't mind my delegation, I would like you and the Disciple of Bel work in tandem.

So, now we have a battle plan, fellow Disciples. We need only an opportunity to use it."

Velmi waits until Emy speaks again.

kemmotar
2010-05-09, 06:39 PM
Karran, disciple of bel

What a good sense of teamwork you have. I doubt any of the weapons and armor our friend there would actually benefit me seeing how they usually employ holy items. They may perhaps be used to institute a common fund for emergencies.

After a second of thought Karran added:

I will also call an employee of mine. I think he will be very useful. I use him often when hunting mortals, he especially likes to hunt humans. As to battle-plan. Once we get there I can scout the layout from above and my hunter can take the ground, except if someone else is more adept.

Vulaas
2010-05-09, 08:12 PM
Velmi

"It seems we have a surplus of schemers and manipulators. I suppose that's to be expected, when taking into account our masters.

Karran, was it? I recommend that you have first choice of any weaponry or armor we take off of the paladin corpses, and also in Emy's armory. Since you're our only decent melee fighter, you need effective equipment, if you don't have it already.

Tosci and Burak, your skills and mine are much the same, and because of this, I propose that we pool our talents even more closely then our entire group is doing.

Disciple of Mephistopheles, I recommend that you use your talents on those weakened by our distractions; and more importantly on those stronger in body then in mind.

Arudin, If you don't mind my delegation, I would like you and the Disciple of Bel work in tandem.

So, now we have a battle plan, fellow Disciples. We need only an opportunity to use it."

Velmi waits until Emy speaks again.

"Excuse me, but I'd like you to know that I also am a melee fighter of some small skill as well, with great knowledge of how to hit them just right to really make it hurt. I won't deny that I am just as good if not better in manipulation, however please do not discount my other talent."

At this, the air shimmers around her cane to reveal she had been using a particularly whippy rapier to find her path, rather than the wooden rod it appeared to be before the illusion reappears around it.

Ixahinon
2010-05-09, 08:22 PM
Ixahinon

Do not think you are the only one on the front lines, Karran. My bodyguard and I have...tactics, with which we can be effective in battle. You think that just because you aid your precious lord on the front lines, that because you battle the demonfilth whenever possible, that you believe yourself to be THE warrior.

I, for one, will not turn down a weapon that my Bodyguard can use just as effectively!

Would you look at that? Though Mephistopopheles' rage was often kept to himself, out of the sight of any of his subjects, Ixahinon was not so capable of holding back his sudden outbursts. The human standing up and supporting his lithe body by pressing the palm of his hands against the table.

kemmotar
2010-05-09, 09:07 PM
Karran, disciple of bel

If you or your bodyguard can use a holy weapons you are more than welcome to them. As to the armory equipment, I never refused it. If you or anyone has skill in the battlefield you are more than welcome to the battlefield...this one as well as that of the blood war. And yes, I am proud of being one of the few that actively works in the blood war and loyal disciple to the general in charge of it. You will also find, I do not believe myself to be "THE" anything. If I did, I would be neither cautious nor wishing for greater strength.

In a single fluid movement, she pulled out of her pocket a smooth stone.

Well then, I will call my associate, he'll wait for us outside.

She then cupped the stone and spoke into it.

Alrik, we're going hunting tonight. Wait outside the door and I'll join you soon.

From the stone came what may have been a grumble of assent.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-09, 09:28 PM

Astirith shrugs. "I have some men who may be of use, if only to serve as distractions. I am also skilled in the tearing down of my opponent's defenses, and finding their weakpoints."

Arudin
2010-05-09, 10:08 PM
Arudin

"As I said earlier, I have minions that can help out on the front lines as well, if only to serve as shields for us other, less hardy, disciples. I wouldn't mind looking through that armory for melee equipment for my minions, along with whatever I may need personally. However, before I can do that, I need to find a nice cemetery." Arudin replies.

"Preferably, one for giants... But I'm flexible. Are any of you more familiar with the surrounding area?" He asks the group.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-10, 08:45 AM
" . . . . You are all weirdos. Okay, so as I said before, my armoury is our first stop, where we shall hopefully meet the last of our cabal."

After getting up and leaving the room, Emy brings you to a small locked shack in the poorer area of town. She puts her hand to the lock and the door springs open, showing an interior stocked to the brim with weapons and equipment.

"What do you guys need?"

kemmotar
2010-05-10, 09:54 AM
Karran, disciple of bel

As the procession walks out of the room, a non descript man falls into step behind Karran without a word.

A mask with a few protections or ring that will make flesh hard as demonhide. Same for Alrik, also perhaps better weapons for him if they are available.

Ixahinon
2010-05-10, 01:09 PM
Ixahinon

The human scoffed a bit at the comment, working up a rebuttal for it as well, but failed to fire it off in time, before the host left the room, and others followed suit.

Upon looking into the storage room, an eyebrow was raised to offer a hint of just how impressed he was by the assortment of items. Ixahinon would not, however, say just how impressed he was until he read the results of the spell he just now muttered. With a few flicks of the wrist, and a few more words in the Infernal language, the human's eyes blazed a piercing blue, allowing him to see all the colors that depicted the schools of magic. Having a vast armory of mundane items was one thing, magical was entirely another.

A simple ring of protection is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. Of course, if we are allowed a small time for shopping, that list....

For some inexplicable reason, Ixahinon stopped there. His features looked as though he was listening to something, concentrating on the words. After a few moments of silence, he shook his head in disapproval. I have not forgotten your desires, either. It is not clear she even has access to that type of equipment yet. Now be silent! It just seemed more and more that the Disciple of Mephistopheles was utterly mad. The first few notions seemed on par with his patron Arch-Devil. Arrogance, High class tastes, and prone to tempers..but now he was talking to himself?

DM eyes only:

Cer'ess'iel is following loosely in the distance. 50 feet away, and behind a building, to be precise. He is trying to listen in on conversations (DC: 20 (10 + 5 (50 feet away) + 5 (Through a Door). Unless you deem the DC otherwise, of course) but if he can't hear them, he speaks to Ixahinon(Through Telepathy, of course).

Cer'ess'iel is also still in hiding, should anyone attempt to spot him:

Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1] (Plus any bonuses he gets for being semi-hidden behind a building)

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-10, 02:46 PM
After getting up and leaving the room, Emy brings you to a small locked shack in the poorer area of town. She puts her hand to the lock and the door springs open, showing an interior stocked to the brim with weapons and equipment.

"What do you guys need?"

"All I need is one small button, specifically one that would let me get out of a tight situation. If you have more I would be glad to take them off of your hands, if you are so willing." Burak says while he strokes his chin in though and with a small contemplative smile on his face.

asking for a panic button (Escaping)

Vulaas
2010-05-10, 03:21 PM
Tocsi appears a bit confused by the sudden clamor to follow Emy, and struggles to keep up, looking around wildly as though straining to hear things. She finally settles into step, swinging the cane with reckless abandon through her path.
"Anything to help my accuracy or my defensive capabilities would be splendid, thank you. Or, even better, something to help my personal presence would be fantastic."

DM spoiler:

I'm looking to see what I may see through my blindsight (60ft), if there might be any hidden foes to be concerned with, anyone following within range, ect. Don't want anyone getting the drop on us as we leave.

Arudin
2010-05-10, 03:46 PM
Arudin

Pausing to think for a moment, Arudin replies to Emy's offer with a slight grin. "Anything that can help me control my minions, though something that can help me inspire fear would not be amiss. Also, if you have large quantities of onyx or mundane armor just lying about, I would be glad to take it off your hands..."

Ernir
2010-05-11, 05:49 PM

"Protections."

"Bracers of Armor and Rings of Protection, that is."

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-11, 08:17 PM
Asterith, Disciple of Asmodues

Asterith shrugs. "Something for protection. A ring or some such."

RationalGoblin
2010-05-11, 08:45 PM
Velmi

"I would like a ring of protection, and a light crossbow, with of course it's bolts as ammunition. If you have any magical bolts, that would be useful as well."

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-13, 09:17 PM
"Well, let's all start with rings of protection. They're light-weight and portable, and shield you in a protective aura that deflects attacks. Good for everyone. Does anyone have any questions before we begin?"

kemmotar
2010-05-14, 10:19 PM
Karran, disciple of bel

Hmm, I'll take two. As to questions, yes...quite a few. Let's start with the simple ones. Where are we going, what do you want us to do, how much are we getting paid and when will you explain to us this whole affair?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-17, 10:31 AM
Karran, disciple of bel

Hmm, I'll take two. As to questions, yes...quite a few. Let's start with the simple ones. Where are we going, what do you want us to do, how much are we getting paid and when will you explain to us this whole affair?

"Well to the first two, I will restate that I want you to remind the local paladins of the order of things. A little rap on the knuckles."

kemmotar
2010-05-17, 12:09 PM
Karran, disciple of bel

Hmmm....

Karran narrowed her eyes and then shrugged.

So kill one or two, enough to send a message but not enough to make them start a crusade. Possibly a cryptic threatening message like "tell your superiors to keep their fingers in their own pies"?

She said passing one ring to Alrik, who sighed disappointedly at the news there would be little blood shed tonight and placed the ring on his finger. Karran pocketed the other ring.

OOC: how much enhancement on the rings?

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-17, 12:10 PM
Karran, disciple of bel

Hmmm....

Karran narrowed her eyes and then shrugged.

So kill one or two, enough to send a message but not enough to make them start a crusade. Possibly a cryptic threatening message like "tell your superiors to keep their fingers in their own pies"?

She said passing one ring to Alrik, who sighed disappointedly at the news there would be little blood shed tonight and placed the ring on his finger. Karran pocketed the other ring.

OOC: how much enhancement on the rings?

ooc: +1 deflection bonus

Ixahinon
2010-05-17, 03:04 PM
Ixahinon

I would also like to procure two rings. Also, what do you have in the way of necklaces? I would be very interested in one that would allow the enchantment of one's own natural weapons, if such a thing were in your possession.

Ernir
2010-05-18, 11:44 AM

"Well, I've never been one to say no to jewelry when it's being handed out."

"So, how about we get going? I'm getting bored. Don't we have some paladins to fry?"

She ends up taking the rings/necklaces that look the prettiest, without much care for their function.

Vulaas
2010-05-18, 12:19 PM
Tocsi

"Well, thank you kindly for the offer, but I do not believe it would have any function for me. Just holding it made it resonate oddly with my other defenses, and I'd rather not have that headache."

At this, the girl hands the ring back to Emy, eager to get it out of her hands. She yawns and stretches.

"Now, what was the rest of our task this evening?"

RationalGoblin
2010-05-18, 09:06 PM
Velmi

Velmi, silent for once, places the ring offered to him on his finger without a word, and waits for more information on their situation.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-20, 11:06 AM
"Well, to go over it for the final time, I need your group to go into the paladin keep near town, put the scare into them, preferably without killing anyone of high rank. Knights and commanders off limits, but you can have your fun with squires and pages."

Ernir
2010-05-20, 01:43 PM
"Well, to go over it for the final time, I need your group to go into the paladin keep near town, put the scare into them, preferably without killing anyone of high rank. Knights and commanders off limits, but you can have your fun with squires and pages."

"Well, let's go. I'm getting old over here."

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-20, 02:23 PM

Asterith shrugs as he puts on the ring. "Alright, let's go."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-20, 03:02 PM
"Well than fun we shall have, let us be off." Burak says with a large smile as he rolls the ring over his nuckles and then finally puts it on him.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-20, 05:19 PM
Velmi

"Then let us begin our work in bringing the souls and bodies of these fools to the Archdevils."

Ixahinon
2010-05-20, 05:56 PM
Ixahinon

Though on the inside, he was enraged about the lack of an answer concerning the necklace, The human maintained his professional demeanor about him, and nodded in agreement with the rest of the group. Indeed. Let us begin, then.

kemmotar
2010-05-21, 11:47 AM
Karran, disciple of bel

Sounds like a good idea...we will meet back here then for payment I assume.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-21, 09:41 PM
"Oh, very much so. That's the plan."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-21, 11:38 PM
"Than why aren't we setting off?" Burak askes Emy with a look of suspiscion on his face,"you are begininng to worry me, I am starting to question the validitiy of this mission."

Krazddndfreek
2010-05-22, 02:58 AM
Florence

Finally, the last disciple enters. Nothing flashy, just someone in a dirty brown cloak.

"Sorry I'm late. I was... held up for a a short while." the disciple says as she grins.

((OOC: Didn't want to take up too much screentime for being so late.))

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-22, 08:52 AM
Florence

Finally, the last disciple enters. Nothing flashy, just someone in a dirty brown cloak.

"Sorry I'm late. I was... held up for a a short while." the disciple says as she grins.

((OOC: Didn't want to take up too much screentime for being so late.))

"And that . . . is why we waited.":smallbiggrin:

A few minutes later

You stand outside the keep of the order of the respected griffin. The defenses are well-placed and storming it is folly, but the loss of the paladin captain's wife has sent the place into a tizzy, and Emy has prepared a way for you to get in . . . the stables.

As you stand in the stables, you see no one around, all the squires and pages having gone to their masters in the higher chambers.

kemmotar
2010-05-22, 09:45 AM
Karran, disciple of bel

Well, you missed all the fun then. Would you be so kind as to oblige us and show us you disciple mark and tell us your general abilities in battle?

Karran said as Florence entered.

Also your name and your master if you will.

Krazddndfreek
2010-05-22, 10:52 PM
Florence

The woman pulled down her hood to reveal a chocolate brown bob cut and green eyes among her still grinning features. She said, "I'm Florence, no need to introduce yourself, I already know who you are Karran, Disciple of Bel." She smiled again, then finished speaking, My master is Mammon as you may or may not have been able to deduce, as I'm the last of us to arrive. My abilities in combat are in a word, subtlety. I try to remain unseen, or at least not a threat while I pick off weaker foes. Not the most honorable way to fight, she shrugs, "but who cares, right?"

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-22, 11:36 PM
"Very good to have you aboard on this venture" Burak says as he takes Florence’s hand and kisses it and then gives a quick smile. "Well now that that is out of the way we may get down to planning, yes?" Burak says as he takes three steps backwards so as to be in front of everyone, "Now I believe that we should split up into 2 groups, I will call group 1 The Dagger and group 2 The Sword. The Dagger will be to sneak about and attempt to surgically defeat those that will be in the way of The Sword. The Sword will be engaged once we understand what we are dealing with and will thus be waiting off in the wings for a small moment." Burak says very calmly while he looks every one individually in the eye as he explains.

"Now than, The Dagger will be composed of our new addition Florence, Velmi, Tocsi and I. What we must do would be to kill one of the men which will allow me to disguise my features as his and thus I will be able to move around with a modicum of ease, now if we add this with Tocsi's appearance I could basically be able to move her in as a prisoner with very little problems because of her being seemingly blind. Now than after Tocsi and i have neutralized the guards we shall allow the rest of the group into the area." Burak pauses to think over his plan for a second and then continues.

"This is where the Sword comes in, which is comprised of The Duo of Lust, Ixhainon, Karran, Arudin and Asterith. This group is meant to hit hard, you will move straight and direct against them. Give them no quarter and allow none to survive but retreat when you see any problem that is of a greater danger than you believe you are capable to handle. While you are forcing their hand the dagger shall be moving into the dungeon and creating a jail break. From than on all that we have to do is to leave and we shall let nature take its course. Any question, problem, or apparent difficulty with this plan?" Burak asks the group.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-23, 09:48 AM
Asterith nods. "One. Don't kill any knights. Remember, the goal is scaring them, not killing off the knights. And, actually, we should capturing one. Seeing if we can turn him, then letting the knights 'rescue' him. Instant spy."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-23, 10:20 AM
Asterith nods. "One. Don't kill any knights. Remember, the goal is scaring them, not killing off the knights. And, actually, we should capturing one. Seeing if we can turn him, then letting the knights 'rescue' him. Instant spy."

"Very good idea. Yes I did not plan on killing any knights only the guards. Although caputring one has it's dangers of course." Burak responds with but does not move from his position one bit.

RationalGoblin
2010-05-23, 10:24 AM
Velmi grins at Burak's strategy, and Asterith's idea.

"An excellent plan, though I recommend making a half-hearted attempt to turn one of the knights, rather expending much more effort in convincing the other knights that our 'prisoner' was turned. Make them think that he is secretly one of our agents, no matter his protests. If we do this correctly, we can have a knight dead by 'righteous' hands, and an entire group of fallen paladins."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-23, 10:34 AM
Velmi grins at Burak's strategy, and Asterith's idea.

"An excellent plan, though I recommend making a half-hearted attempt to turn one of the knights, rather expending much more effort in convincing the other knights that our 'prisoner' was turned. Make them think that he is secretly one of our agents, no matter his protests. If we do this correctly, we can have a knight dead by 'righteous' hands, and an entire group of fallen paladins."

"Beautiful, that is sort of thinking that I knew was coming along. That I think would be the ultimate goal but do not get blinded by it." Burak says a large smile now present on his face.

Vulaas
2010-05-23, 10:51 AM
"A surprisingly excellent strategy, Disciple of Glasya. If I might put my input in, I think it would be easier to abduct a squire or page as well, and that would make for an excellent spy, and we can do the trying to make them kill one of their own anyway. Oh, that would be excellent...But as for the prisoner bit, I do have quite the gift of words so I might be better in the roll of a distraction (which is to say dividing the prisoners.) Or, if we want someone internal to really sell it, leave all the 'useless' prisoners in place, so any of the blind, the lame, or the deaf. I'm sure I could get something out of the guard with some effort."

With no further ado, she begins to stretch out a bit, preparing for the night ahead.

kemmotar
2010-05-23, 12:32 PM
Karran, disciple of bel

Karran raised an eyebrow at Florence's statement but decided to ignore it for now.

Well met Florence. As to the plan, I was also considering a plan similar to burak's so I'm in agreement. The sword can provide a distraction for the dagger, a good target for the dagger would may be the novices, killing off the next generation of knights should be a nice little message. No one important dies and we send a message, we got in easily and had a specific target, we could have done more damage if we chose to do so. It would also be a good idea to be able to synchronize our operations if one of the dagger has the ability to contact us in some way to provide the distraction when they begin their work and when to withdraw. This should guarantee you privacy for a time.

Ixahinon
2010-05-23, 01:39 PM
Ixahinon

Ixahinon listen to the words of his companions, and nodded slightly, rubbing his left hand over the tuft of hair on his chin. The plan in general was sound, but the creature didn't like the whole 'go easy on them' routine that was unfolding. It was sickening how a group of supposed servitors to the Arch-Demons went from. "Let's kill them all!" in the meeting room, to "Let's take only one Knight!" just a few moments ago, to now "Let's kind of sort of maybe try to take a Knight."

I fail to see why we are neglecting to do more damage to the target than we are now, personally. While the thought of capturing a knight, and convincing his allies that this knight helped us in is - admittedly - amusing, it's pointless, and merely wastes time.

The art of deception is best used to topple something you can't take via force. Convincing to kingdoms to go at war with each other based on lies, or even a kingdom to turn on their king...that's something worry of planning deception for. As the human spoke, he became far less human, as his spell of altering his appearance began to fade. The human flesh literally began to melt away in some parts, others boiling away until it was rotten, and barely hanging upon the bone. The right side of his face was devoid of skin, and the bone bleached, the left retaining most of it's rotten skin.

The undead creature continued on unabated, as if he hadn't realized his own disguise wore away. I, for one, will plan to kidnap a knight, perhaps two. Mephistopheles will be quite pleased with a ritual sacrifice of an opposing deity's follower. Rest assured, I will not compromise the mission for this attempt, but you should be aware of my intentions nonetheless.

The ghoul looked around, himself, those void sockets trying to find something. Cer'ess'iel, come forth. We shall dine on the flesh of the righteous tonight. The ghoul licking his lips merely thinking about it...the holy men of the forces of good had one thing going for them..they tasted exquisite.

Upon command, a 7 foot 4 inch humanoid form with long sharp spines protruding from nearly every part of it's body, save for head, and not so much in the back, came into view of the group, standing next to his master. It was clear to the group of devil worshipers that Ixahinon had in his possession the service of a Hamatula, it's pure black eyes taking in each one of his master's allies.

kemmotar
2010-05-23, 02:40 PM
Karran, disciple of bel

Not that I disagree with you, I'd sooner trample this whole order to dust, raze the buildings to the ground for sticking their noses where they don't belong. However, this is a mission assigned to us for payment and one misstep by any of us will probably make this mission a failure. On the other hand, our host has left much open to interpretation. She only said don't kill anyone important and don't cause a crusade, so we can pretty much do everything else. I for one would gladly take one or two pure souls to my master, preferably a novice...naive and innocent souls are the best I hear...unblemished and oh so fitting.

A very cold and disturbing grin started to spread over her face, thinking of the time when she had been in that exact state. So much has changed...for one thing she could see the world more clearly now, unimpeded by foolish utopic dreams and preconceptions.

A contract is a contract, we must keep to it under all circumstances. On the other hand, if our host neglected to adequately specify what she wanted...well that's her fault. So, ixahinon, why choose between the two when you can do both. Don't kidnap any knights, let us all offer instead to our masters the sacrifice of the unblemished souls of those young enough to be untainted by the harshness of the world.

Much as she was when the demons came for her, she thought bitterly, but felt no compassion.

Shall the sword rely on the dagger then for a side benefit in this project, ladies and gentlemen, both alive and undead.

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-23, 04:48 PM
The art of deception is best used to topple something you can't take via force. Convincing to kingdoms to go at war with each other based on lies, or even a kingdom to turn on their king...that's something worry of planning deception for.[/COLOR] As the human spoke, he became far less human, as his spell of altering his appearance began to fade. The human flesh literally began to melt away in some parts, others boiling away until it was rotten, and barely hanging upon the bone. The right side of his face was devoid of skin, and the bone bleached, the left retaining most of it's rotten skin.

"You made a good point that I managed to overlook, we need a scape goat. We need something that will tie this to something else other than us or our employer. We need to place some form of symbol on those who are killed, like that of some evil church which would allow for our cults to fill in the void that would be left. Once we all have a foot hold in this town we will have control over every facet of life, and then we will whittle the knights down one by one. Does anybody have any ideas on what to use?" Burak says with his smile staying on his face and now one of his hands strokes his small beard.

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-23, 11:41 PM
Asterith smiles. "What we should do is draw the symbol of some demon-power on the walls of their chapel. In blood. Not only will it enrage the paladins, but, if we are lucky, they will find and destroy some abyss-spawned occult. We may even cause a crusade. Just not against ourselves."

Vulaas
2010-05-24, 09:55 AM
Karran, disciple of bel

Don't kidnap any knights, let us all offer instead to our masters the sacrifice of the unblemished souls of those young enough to be untainted by the harshness of the world.

Tocsi

The blind lady gave a short, ugly laugh at this statement.
"I do believe it would serve my patron best not to do any sacrifices and to do my best to make them betray their order. You called me a servant of the traitor, did you not? Well, turning a pure soul to evil is a wonderful thing for him to do then, is it not?"

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-24, 11:53 AM
"Alright I think the plan is well set let's go about putting it into motion. A signal will be devised as the plan proceeds. Now then shall we be off? Those of you who are in The Sword may want to understand exactly the capabilities of your allies while we are gone." Burak says giving a quick glance to all of those who are in The Dagger.

Arudin
2010-05-26, 02:47 PM
Thinking it over, Arudin replies. "I have no problems with your idea. If we are to make scapegoats of the demons we may need something more blatent than a symbol though. I do not believe those fools would understand its significance, so there is a chance that they will attack indiscriminately. Though it disgusts me, it may be more effective if we assume illusionary demon forms."

Frozen Messiah
2010-05-26, 03:06 PM
"I care about what you have to say but not right now. Alright Dagger, let's get moving. Follow me but don't cluster." and with that Burak moves out of the stables and moves to stay in the darkness.

Move Silently:[roll0]
Hide:[roll1]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-05-27, 10:15 PM
The courtyard remains empty, but two sentries can be heard talking further on inside the keep. They msut be talking rather loud to be audible this far out.

Krazddndfreek
2010-05-27, 10:25 PM
Florence

"You don't have to tell me." she replied. Florence then looked back at the others, then back again to Arudin and whispered loudly and jokingly, "Them... they might be a little deaf."Hide: [roll0]
Move Silently: [roll1]

RationalGoblin
2010-05-29, 11:08 PM
Velmi

Velmi, bored with the arguments of the others, is silent for the rest of the talking. Upon the agreement of the plan, however, he assumes a pained look on his face. He was meant for manipulation and persuasion, not sulking about! He had little skill in sneaking...

"Ah, we have a slight problem. I'm an entertainer, persuader, not a rogue. I have little skill in sulking around. Still, I have an tool that may help."

When the time comes for stealth, Velmi chooses a different approach. He scuttles along the walls of various buildings, his curious footwear allowing him to simply cling to the surface of the walls of whatever he is climbing. This approach makes it so he has no need to be overly light of foot, though Velmi still attempts to be as silent as he can when not on a wall.

Using my Slippers of Spider Climbing to get around Velmi's abysmal Move Silently and Hide scores. Still going to try and roll for them, though.
[roll0] Move Silently
[roll1] Hide

Halna LeGavilk
2010-05-30, 08:30 AM
Thinking it over, Arudin replies. "I have no problems with your idea. If we are to make scapegoats of the demons we may need something more blatent than a symbol though. I do not believe those fools would understand its significance, so there is a chance that they will attack indiscriminately. Though it disgusts me, it may be more effective if we assume illusionary demon forms."

Asterith nods, and looks at the other members of the swords. "Can any of you produce these illusions?"

kemmotar
2010-05-31, 08:20 AM
Karran, disciple of bel

When the sword team remained in the stables waiting for the signal, karran started explaining her abilities.

essentially, smite good and chaos, sword gives +1d6 damage against good and damaging lay on hands.