PDA

View Full Version : Evil Characters Ideas?

Sergeantbrother
2010-05-04, 05:38 AM
My long term gaming group has been talking about playing a kind of campaign that we've never tried before - one with evil players. We generally play low magic campaigns with quite a bit of role playing and character interaction. But since we haven't played an evil campaign before, some of us are having trouble thinking of character concepts that are both evil and have complex 3-dimensional motivations.

Does anyone have any recommendations or experiences with evil fantasy campaigns that they'd like to share?

WildPyre
2010-05-04, 05:42 AM
I played an evil game once... my character was a goblin rogue/assassin who was intent on bringing the goblin race back up into a civilization. He was convinced that the goblins once had great cities, were the first to domesticate the chicken, and invent shoes. He also used "goblin math", counting without using the numbers 2 or 7 in any way, since in our game goblin hands had only 4 fingers rather than 5.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-05-04, 05:49 AM
A Cleric of Zarus (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20041203a) is always a decent choice, even if you go LN. Go Cleric 6/ Divine Oracle 4/ Contemplative 10, get the Strength, War, Oracle, Law, and Destiny domains in that order. Visit the Frog God's Fane in Complete Scoundrel to get Skill Focus for Divine Oracle, take Extend, Persistent, DMM: Persistent, and Power Attack, then probably Quicken and DMM: Quicken if you can use multiple Night Sticks. The character is more of a big mean jerk than a villain, but he holds his own quite well if the rest of your party is mostly humans.

I've always liked the idea of playing a Fiend of Possession character, from Fiend Folio. Start out something like +0 LA Tiefling (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040213a) Warlock 1/ Psion 2/ Fiend of Possession 6, using the Ritual of Association in Savage Species to gain the Evil subtype. Take Leadership for a beefy cohort and always be possessing him, granting a +4 profane bonus to all his ability scores and up to +6 worth of special abilities to his weapon. You can use personal-range buffs on him, and you both take separate actions in combat so you'll be buffing and casting while he full attacks. Your character is invulnerable to every effect in the game except for a specific few spells, and if your cohort is killed you can ethereally go posses a statue or a puddle of water or a carpet or someone's corpse and animate it as though it were an animated object to fight, and once that's destroyed go possess something else.

PId6
2010-05-04, 05:54 AM
Well, I'm currently playing a Fiend of Possession (Fiend Folio) character who basically possesses his Half-Minotaur cohort. The rest of the party thinks that the cohort is my character and knows nothing about the possession part. It's quite funny when they have no idea where half my abilities are coming from. He currently has a cult dedicated to his name somewhere and his cohort is the cult leader doing his bidding. Unbeknown to the cohort, my fiend is just looking for a more suitable host to take over and control, conveniently dumping the cohort in the process. :belkar:

ghost_warlock
2010-05-04, 05:55 AM
I played an evil pixie wizard in a campaign several years ago. His primary motivation was to hang with the boys and cause some ruckus before his wife (an evil nymph-like thing from some White Wolf book) called him home. :smalltongue:

KillianHawkeye
2010-05-04, 07:28 AM
He also used "goblin math", counting without using the numbers 2 or 7 in any way, since in our game goblin hands had only 4 fingers rather than 5.

Okay, now you made me curious. How does having only 8 fingers translate into skipping 2 and 7??? :smallconfused::smallconfused: