PDA

View Full Version : help building gestalt pregen characters (PF/3.5)

alisbin
2010-05-04, 09:23 AM
hey playgrounders,
i'm doing some more work on my homebrew and i think its ready for a test drive, so i need to set up some pregens for my players. i'm only a moderate builder and these characters are a bit unusual.
ground rules:
pathfinder with near full access to any 3.5 splatbook/class. cheese is moderately discouraged (no pun pun please), but some is fine as long as its not completely gamebreaking, essentially if they cheese too much they will anger the cheese gods and will bring retribution upon themselves (IE chain gating solars down the line will result in solars calling upon their bosses to remove these uppity humanoids, say hello to The Inevitables). a self correcting system. they all start at age 19 so no age shenanigans.
each character is a "failed" attempt to create a perfect humanoid, their stats/race are set (see below, stats are given for level 1) and they cannot be lawful or chaotic aligned at the start though as the adventure progresses they may slowly drift to one or the other (if paladin is central to your build idea go for it, i'll just modify paladin a bit so it fits my setting, as is they don't really exist). each of them starts at 10th level gestalt, i allow dual progression PrCs but do stick to the 1 PrC at a time rule.

1 "The Mindless Brute"
stats: 20/20/20/4/4/4
inherent abilities: powerful build, +8 intimidate, medium sized

2 "The Fragile Mind"
stats: 4/4/4/20/20/20
inherent abilities: Status on all 3 Characters, always active, medium sized

3 "The Nearly Perfect"
Stats: 16/16/16/16/16/16
inherent abilities: 1 extra feat at 1st level, +1 skill point/level, medium sized

my players will have the choice of building the character near ground up if they want, but the intro makes for an interesting little 1 shot so having a few pregens for each would be really nice.
i only need 1 or 2 builds for mindless brute and fragile mind, but seeing that nearly perfect is so versatile i wouldn't mind 3 or 4 very different builds that would work with it.

thanks mates, looking forward to some interesting building/discussion

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2010-05-04, 10:03 AM
Here's what I'd do for a final build on each, trying to keep it fairly simple:

1. Fighter 15/ Exotic Weapon Master 2/ Fighter 3// Soul Knife 5/ War Hulk 10/ Soul Knife 5. Get Uncanny Blow and whatever else with Exotic Weapon Master, turn the Mind Blade into a Bastard Sword and use it in two hands to get double his Str bonus to damage. Get the feat Knockback from Races of Stone to combine with Dungeoncrasher. Otherwise the standard Weapon Specialization, Melee Weapon Mastery, Greater Focus/Specialization, and Weapon Supremacy should work for him.

2. Factotum 20// Archivist 7/ Sacred Exorcist 1/ Archivist 12, DMM: Persist and he'd be starting high enough level to already have every obscure spell he'd want already in his prayerbook.

3. Warlock 20// Mystic Ranger (http://crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf) 5/ Enlightened Spirit 10/ Mystic Ranger 5, Point-Blank and Precise Shot, Sword of the Arcane Order (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Sword_of_the_Arcane_Order), Ability Focus: Eldritch Blast (+2 DC to any Eldritch Essence), Flyby Attack, probably at least one item creation feat. Note that Enlightened Spirit grants a bonus to Eldritch Blast damage and specific invocations known, not a level progression for any of it, so it will stack when taken along side Warlock levels. He can also use Imbue Item to help the Archivist make scrolls of any obscure divine spell he wants to put in his prayerbook.