PDA

View Full Version : fell drakes

Geiger Counter
2010-05-04, 09:14 PM
MM2 I think, apparently dragons which serve elves, what's there place in Eberron?

Mystic Muse
2010-05-04, 10:00 PM
you sure about that? the only fell drakes I know of serve Bahamut. I'll check real quick though.

EDIT: Bahamut created them to defend the elves.. From what I know of the setting (which is very little) Bahamut isn't in Ebberron so unless you change their fluff they don't belong in Ebberon.

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-04, 10:10 PM
MM2 I think, apparently dragons which serve elves, what's there place in Eberron?

Maybe they are THE elite mounts for valenar elves? or maybe exotic species found in Xen'driks, argonnessen or the underdark (maybe all of them depending on the environment they are described in).

The Tygre
2010-05-04, 10:11 PM
Guard dogs/hunters bred by either the elves or the giants (to watch over the elves).

Geiger Counter
2010-05-05, 01:44 PM
How much would a trained one cost?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-05, 01:53 PM
How much would a trained one cost?

I believe that the PHB includes a formula to price them, alternatively you maybe you can use the pricing formula for the warbeast template

hamishspence
2010-05-05, 02:00 PM
Bahamut is in Eberron. Dragons of Eberron mentions that most of the Draconomicon deities are worshipped- and have constellations in the sky.

Tiamat is treated as a very powerful rakshasa rajah.

They also believe that the main gods of the Eberron pantheon, are actually ascended dragons.

Greenish
2010-05-05, 02:09 PM
Bahamut is in Eberron. Dragons of Eberron mentions that most of the Draconomicon deities are worshipped- and have constellations in the sky."Being worshipped" doesn't mean that they actually exist. Eberron woot!

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-05, 02:10 PM
"Being worshipped" doesn't mean that they actually exist. Eberron woot!

Considering that in Eberron gods may or not may exist...

hamishspence
2010-05-05, 02:41 PM
Simple answer- they mysteriously appeared, and their creation was attributed to Bahamut.

This, you can stick with the standard origin, and still keep up the "some gods may or may not exist"

Not everything that clerics draw power from is a true deity- The Lord of Blades, for example, is very much a non-god, but clerics of him still get power.

The Eberron version of Tiamat is, I think, the same.