PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination in the Playground

lsfreak
2010-05-04, 11:26 PM
Tell us what you should be doing instead of hanging out on GitP (and possibly elsewhere on the internets).

I should be writing a paper on Wittgenstein's On Certainty. After six hours, I'm one page into the 7-page paper. I've found it extremely hard to focus when I'm almost entirely moved out of my dorm, my hardest final was over last week, and I spent most of the class confused anyways.

The Extinguisher
2010-05-04, 11:49 PM
Things I should be doing

1) I'll finish this later

arguskos
2010-05-04, 11:50 PM
I've avoided this thread since it went up. I didn't want to post, cause I'm lazy.

What does that say about me? :smallconfused:

lsfreak
2010-05-05, 12:00 AM
I've avoided this thread since it went up. I didn't want to post, cause I'm lazy.

What does that say about me? :smallconfused:

It says you're winning.

arguskos
2010-05-05, 12:05 AM
It says you're winning.
Meh, I'd celebrate, but I'm busy not caring. :smalltongue: I'm the Zen Master of procrastination and apathy sometimes

Lord Raziere
2010-05-05, 12:52 AM
writing my book :smallfrown:

need.......to stop.....procrastinating.....help me......

Thajocoth
2010-05-05, 01:11 AM
Debugging some code. Though, this is more of a 2-minute break than procrastination...

Tiger Duck
2010-05-05, 01:20 AM
I'm a pathological procrastinator. I have to leave in 4 hour to give my teachers an update on were I am in my project, and I'm nowhere.

Yet I still can't seem to quickly throw some stuff together, so it least seems like I've been working.

I'm so angry with myself right now :smallfurious:

Icewalker
2010-05-05, 02:00 AM
Doing a last 15 minutes of personal study so-

Damnit! I forgot I had some homework to do. Whoops.

Starscream
2010-05-05, 02:33 AM
Sleeping. I've let myself get way ahead on my work (ironically through a complete lack of procrastination), so for the past couple of weeks I've had little to do on my project but tiny bug fixes and sending out new builds. So I'm getting paid full time for maybe 2-3 hours of work a day.

Yeah, you wish you had my problems, right?:smallbiggrin: Trouble is, because of this my sleep schedule has begun to slip. My employers are three timezones away, so there is never any reason for me to get up early when there's nothing for me to do. So every night I've been going to bed around 5 am, and waking up at noon. I just stay up watching movies and goofing off on the internet.

Again, no problem right? Well, wrong. In a few days I finally am going to have some more work to do, so I need to get my schedule back to normal hours. All my attempts to do so have failed. I keep either forcing myself to go to bed early, or stay up all night so that I'm tired at a normal time the next day. It never sticks. My body is now too used to the whole 5-12 sleep schedule thing. I should be sleeping now, instead I am writing an essay on why I should be sleeping.

The Orange Zergling
2010-05-05, 02:52 AM
I probably should be:

-Working on a new version of a custom map (two of them, actually) for WarCraft III
-Learning the map editor of StarCraft II
-Writing short stories for my original science fiction setting
-Writing short stories for my original fantasy settings
-Working on 3.5e campaign information for one of the above fantasy settings
-Working on a totally new roleplaying system I conceived a few weeks ago
-Watching the Da Ali G Show DVDs my brother lent me

Thankfully none of these are actually required for anything (except possibly peer pressure for the first two) but that just makes me procrastinate harder. :smalltongue:

Ranna
2010-05-05, 02:55 AM
I should be doing the washing up,

haha!

RS14
2010-05-05, 03:26 AM
I've got a paper to write.

Actually, I was going to go to sleep, but I couldn't sleep, so I got up and hammered out half a page at a (for me) very good rate. So I feel good about wasting time posting here.

Eldan
2010-05-05, 04:22 AM
I should be running experiments. Instead, Ive been on here (and elsewhere on the net) for more than two hours now.

Ashen Lilies
2010-05-05, 05:16 AM
I have my GCSE Drama exam tomorrow. We are several weeks behind on our performance. And I am here.
:smallannoyed::smallmad::smalleek:

ForzaFiori
2010-05-05, 05:20 AM
I should have been studying for my AP tests for the past like, week. Didn't do it at all, and now its too late. in 1.5 hours (roughly) I get to go take my AP Calc test. Same time tomorrow is AP Literature, and Friday is AP US History.

Saturday is when my brain explodes.

Zocelot
2010-05-05, 07:06 AM
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I knew that a good portion of the posts would be jokes about procrastinating posting.

Also, I am putting off getting ready to leave at the moment.

llamamushroom
2010-05-05, 07:20 AM
Studying for my Maths exam tomorrow. Eh, I've got the textbooks on my lap - that's good enough, right?

Darth Mario
2010-05-05, 07:24 AM
Writing my final paper. I've been playing video games instead. What is the topic of the paper, you ask? Among other things, video game addiction. :smallannoyed:

mikeejimbo
2010-05-05, 08:27 AM
I should be studying for a final.

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-05, 09:07 AM
Weeee, I finished finals and don't have anything to worry about!
That will change in 1.5 weeks though.
Right now I'm procrastinating eating breakfast.

Zaggab
2010-05-05, 09:42 AM
I should go and have dinner, but I'm too lazy to get up from my chair... The roaring from my belly will silence itself in an hour or two.

Duniagdra
2010-05-05, 10:32 AM
I should be getting a job. A lack of success in this has left me... discouraged and unmotivated. Unemployment still provides enough for me to cover bills and live. I think I may have extra work (off the books) but there's been no confirmation yet on that.
I'd love to be a vet, but that's so many years of school.
I'd like to get back into IT, but again, more school to get current and competitive.
I have a project I'm working on, but ... It has a chance to change a lot of things for many people, but ...

I have such an issue with motivation that I doubt I may ever get out of it. I thank our government for where I'm at today.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2010-05-05, 11:29 AM
[Post reserved]

Shas aia Toriia
2010-05-05, 02:30 PM
Supposed to be taking care of hygiene.
Who cares about that? You can't tell how clean I am over the internet!

TSGames
2010-05-05, 03:29 PM
Supposed to be taking care of hygiene.
Who cares about that? You can't tell how clean I am over the internet!

Dirty Boy! Dirty! Dirty! Dirty! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lJpKyRmoZw)
Sadly, I couldn't find a better quality video. :( I will fix that later...

Winter_Wolf
2010-05-05, 04:19 PM
I should be job hunting or working on my eBay listings, or taking photos for eBay listings, or job hunting. It's amazing how easy it is to find other things to do when you're faced with a task that you just REALLY don't want to deal with.

Mary Leathert
2010-05-05, 04:32 PM
Sleeping, I have to work tomorrow.

Eddums
2010-05-05, 05:39 PM
Studying for my Maths exam tomorrow. Eh, I've got the textbooks on my lap - that's good enough, right?

Not IB, by any chance?

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-05, 05:49 PM
I have a 3000 word essay about Napoleon due in on Monday. I still have no idea what the title is.

I also have an exam on Wednesday morning about the leadup to the English Civil War which I should be preparing for.

I should probably also be socializing, but I'm too lazy to even do that.

So yeah, because of all of these things my post count has jumped from ~7/day to 10.37 over the last few weeks.

God bless the internet.

ApeofLight
2010-05-05, 09:45 PM
I have a report to write on a field trip our class took to a bird refuge.

Should be writing a multi-genre paper on Frankenstein.

Thats what I should be doing but am not.

Jacklu
2010-05-05, 11:16 PM
I have a paper due in... 7 hours. Twelve pages. This paper will determine if I pass or fail my class which will determine if I graduate from college or not...... WHY THE HELL AM I SURFING THE FORUMS INSTEAD OF WORKING ON IT????? :smallfurious::smalleek::smallfrown: T_T

Blue Ghost
2010-05-05, 11:22 PM
The Playground is where I do all my procrastinating. :smallsigh:

Xyk
2010-05-05, 11:30 PM
I had both a year-long project and a semester-long project both due this morning. Yesterday I spent 8 hours doing the former. The latter has still not been started.

Temotei
2010-05-06, 12:04 AM
I should be studying for a world studies quiz/test. I got about halfway through and stopped, unable to resist the lure of this forum. :smallsigh:

FoE
2010-05-06, 12:05 AM
I should either be working or going to sleep. I think I'll choose the latter.

I have a paper due in... 7 hours. Twelve pages. This paper will determine if I pass or fail my class which will determine if I graduate from college or not...... WHY THE HELL AM I SURFING THE FORUMS INSTEAD OF WORKING ON IT????? T_T

Go! Work! That's an order!

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-06, 05:06 AM
I should be studying for a world studies quiz/test. I got about halfway through and stopped, unable to resist the lure of this forum. :smallsigh:

I think it's something Roland slips something in the water so we can't stay away.

Amiel
2010-05-06, 06:27 AM
I have a paper due in... 7 hours. Twelve pages. This paper will determine if I pass or fail my class which will determine if I graduate from college or not...... WHY THE HELL AM I SURFING THE FORUMS INSTEAD OF WORKING ON IT????? :smallfurious::smalleek::smallfrown: T_T

Because you have no self-control?
:smalltongue:

I have two essays due soon, I've spent most of my time reading OotS again and notalwaysright; the latter is addictive, corruptingly so.

Sir Enigma
2010-05-06, 10:23 AM
I should be writing my thesis... someone please come disconnect my internet access!

Ilena
2010-05-06, 12:00 PM
I should be writing a backstory but im not ... :S

Coplantor
2010-05-06, 12:05 PM
Working, studying and socializing

Murska
2010-05-06, 12:34 PM
I have a lot of things to do, but I'm too lazy to try and even list them. I'm a perfectionist if I get into things, so I know if I manage to list the things I should do then it'll be a short step into actually doing them and I really prefer feeling uneasy but being lazy over working.

Besides, I do well without work, so what would happen if I worked? I'm too scared to check.

KilltheToy
2010-05-06, 01:47 PM
In posting this I'm procrastinating on the work I should be doing in Flash in my digital graphics and animations class.

Fun times.

RandomNPC
2010-05-06, 02:22 PM
mostly dishes.

also i need to figure out how to build my own kite shield, but that's for when I have disposeable income, so probably three years till i "can't" put it off any longer.