PDA

View Full Version : Alchemical Question (Exalted)

Deca
2010-05-05, 02:51 AM
The question being, what sourcebook are they in?

BobVosh
2010-05-05, 03:48 AM
2ed or 1ed?

1ed has the Alchemical book. Also Time of Tumult had a bit...one other book as well, but darned if I can say.

2ed? Dunno, haven't played too much of it. Just take the first Alchemical book and do a little conversion if they hadn't released a source book. Time of tumult had some amazing charms as well, specifically the one that turned you into a giant, ugly battle crab.

Also combining some charms can be fun. 1000-fold courtesan calculations is a powerful charm. Add in hyper-dexterous tentacle apparatus, or at least suggest it, and good laughs all around.

The_Snark
2010-05-05, 05:02 AM
If you're looking for 2nd Edition Alchemicals, the book you want is the Manual of Exalted Power: Alchemicals. It contains pretty much everything published about them in 2nd Edition—in fact, the only other book that does more than hint at their existence is the Scroll of Exalts, which includes a few sample Alchemicals. (Without enough detail in either the stat block or the description to make sense of them, if you lack the Alchemicals book.)

Any book that contains artifacts—Wonders of the Lost Age, Oadenol's Codex—is potentially useful in an Alchemicals game, as they're heavy on artifact use and benefit from more options to pick from, but it's hardly necessary.

For 1st Edition, you would want Exalted: The Alchemicals. I've never actually played it, so I can't say which, if any, other books would be useful.