PDA

View Full Version : The Happiness Thread

Castaras
2010-05-05, 11:02 AM
I'm so happy! Are you happy? If you are, why not express your happiness to the whole of the playground? Spread the love and joy! :smallbiggrin:

One quick point - no sadness. No depressing posts. No "I would like to post something happy here, but I really can't." You can post something happy! Everyone can!

So. Who is happy as meeeee? And who is happy like me for no apparent reason other than being happy? :smallbiggrin:

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-05, 11:04 AM
I am happy my sister's happy, even my life is not so gladdening lately.

But my sister's happy, so it's all good.

Hail my sister's happiness!

*hugs his sister*

Quincunx
2010-05-05, 11:17 AM
I am happy because no one has despoiled this thread in the manner Castaras proscribed.

Yet.

However, the fantasy of verbally demolishing the killjoy to come, and then strapping on stiletto heels for a jaunty dance on the back of the corpse, makes me very happy. Justice and joy. Future happiness. :smallbiggrin:

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-05, 11:31 AM
I'm happy because I got good grades this spring semester! I am happy because although I have little chance of being hired where I put applications in, I have more of a chance than when I hadn't put applications in! I'm happy because I'll live in an apartment this summer and next semester and I'll be able to cook!

Cleverdan22
2010-05-05, 12:32 PM
I'm happy that I have a project for my Web Page Design class that requires staring at webcomics for an hour and a half.

absolmorph
2010-05-05, 12:34 PM
I have a girlfriend and I'm almost caught up on my school work.
Life is good.

arguskos
2010-05-05, 12:34 PM
I'd like to note the low number of replies. Just saying. :smallwink:

Also, um, I am mildly amused by the fact that I have access to the Starcraft 2 Beta. I won't say happy, since it's just a game, but I am in better spirits, so that counts! :smallsmile:

Cleverdan22
2010-05-05, 12:36 PM
I'd like to note the low number of replies. Just saying. :smallwink:

It only started two hours ago, and this isn't the biggest forum in the world.

And how does having the Starcraft 2 beta key not make you happy???

Icewalker
2010-05-05, 01:16 PM
I'm quite happy in general. I tend to just stay happy all the time. I don't really do sadness much, except occasionally. And anger seems to have gone completely missing. So, happy!

Also, I get out of class in four minutes, and am then off to buy an excellent simple gift for my girl. :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2010-05-05, 01:16 PM
It only started two hours ago, and this isn't the biggest forum in the world.
Oh, I know, but I enjoy making sardonic commentary, and this IS a thread about being happy, right? :smallbiggrin:

And how does having the Starcraft 2 beta key not make you happy???
Cause, uh, it cost me $5, and cause I'm really terrible at it. :smalltongue: It's damned fun though, not gonna lie, so, let's move that one up to "pretty fun, I smile more than average while playing".

HellfireLover
2010-05-05, 01:26 PM
I'm happy that I got a new job working with an old friend. More immediately, I'm happy that I have a chilled glass of Ume wine to enjoy. :smalltongue:

Forever Curious
2010-05-05, 01:27 PM
I'm happy because my girlfriend's prom is on Saturday...barring any unforeseen drastic circumstances. :smallsmile:

Octopus Jack
2010-05-05, 01:46 PM
I'm so happy! Well more so than usual and I actually have a reason for it! :smallbiggrin:

I have a great girlfriend, almost caught up with the essays I need to write and am going to start LARPing soon with my friends!

Cleverdan22
2010-05-05, 01:47 PM
I'm happy because the Halo Reach public beta is out. Though I'm not the biggest fan of the Halo franchise, Reach is a major improvement, and very fun.

Asta Kask
2010-05-05, 02:03 PM
I have a happy cat. This makes me happy.

Bonecrusher Doc
2010-05-05, 02:54 PM
I'm happy because my children are sleeping peacefully. And there's not much in the world happier than a peacefully sleeping child.

ForzaFiori
2010-05-05, 03:41 PM
I'm happy cause I'm one AP test closer to finished, and I have church tonight. :)
Just gotta keep my mind of the other test (135 questions and 6 essays left!)

Winthur
2010-05-05, 03:44 PM
I'mma very happy for you and I'mma let you finish...

Starscream
2010-05-05, 03:44 PM
I am happy because in 1953 Chuck Jones made a cartoon called "Duck Amuck", thus negating any reason for sadness ever again.

Kuma Da
2010-05-05, 03:52 PM
I'm happy that I got a new job working with an old friend. More immediately, I'm happy that I have a chilled glass of Ume wine to enjoy. :smalltongue:

Ever so envious. Umeshu is the tastiest thing ever.

I'm happy I'm writing again, and that people have been needlessly helpful with my job search. :smallsmile:

Ilena
2010-05-05, 03:57 PM
Im happy that im leaving on my trip to see my grandparents in ...... 2 days!

Liffguard
2010-05-05, 04:03 PM
I'm happy because I finally passed my Admiralty Interview Board after 18 months of applications, preparations and tests.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-05, 06:47 PM
I'm very happy. I have a great girlfriend, I'm doing good in school, friend crisis recently averted, and Slender Man answered my formspring question (http://www.formspring.me/heyslenderman/q/509533942). Life is good.

Amiel
2010-05-05, 06:52 PM
I'm happy that I am me and you are you.
The world may not be perfect but it does need to be.
I am happy there is an inherent beauty in and to everything.
I am happy that the light is made all the more brighter because of darkness.
I am happy that sunrises and sunsets are so wondrously beautiful.

Bor the Barbarian Monk
2010-05-05, 06:59 PM
Oddly enough, I'm happy! Yes, the man who got the DT up and running is bouncing with joy. Why? Because he is going to be meeting his special lady friend face-to-face for the first time next week! She's coming to me, and the two of us are like a pair of kids discovering they scored the mother load on Christmas morning. :smallbiggrin:

arguskos
2010-05-05, 07:10 PM
Oddly enough, I'm happy! Yes, the man who got the DT up and running is bouncing with joy. Why? Because he is going to be meeting his special lady friend face-to-face for the first time next week! She's coming to me, and the two of us are like a pair of kids discovering they scored the mother load on Christmas morning. :smallbiggrin:
Congrats, Bor, congrats. I've been following this little saga on your blog, and am pleased to hear all this. :smallsmile:

Trog
2010-05-05, 07:50 PM
Happiness is...

a cherry flavored squishee... er... thingy. Yum! *sips* :smallsmile:

icastflare!
2010-05-05, 07:51 PM
I am happy because I am. Do I really need another reason. Most times I am happy.

Winter_Wolf
2010-05-05, 08:38 PM
One quick point - no sadness. No depressing posts. No "I would like to post something happy here, but I really can't." You can post something happy! Everyone can!

You are totally daring someone to come in here and spite you. But it won't be me! I am happy because I have a wife who loves me, and life is basically good to me. Or at least indifferent, which makes me pretty happy, too, because it's not taking the wrong kind of interest in me!

Also, got my endorphins in today, so wooHoO! That could be the caffeine talking.... AND, I have PUDDING. Bill Cosby would be so proud.

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-05, 08:53 PM
Happiness is...

a cherry flavored squishee... er... thingy. Yum! *sips* :smallsmile:

I got a fortune from a fortune cookie that said "Happiness is a cherry pancake." So you are almost correct!!!
I'm happy because my stitches are dissolving, my face is slowly returning to its usual size, and tomorrow I can eat solid foods! I'll probably pretend I can't, though, so I can continue having pudding for lunch!
Oh, and I have a great boy who loves me!
EXCLAMATION POINTS = HAPPINESS!!!!1!

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-05, 08:59 PM
I'm happy because a friend came by and insisted I not let my herbalogical studies lapse, and I climbed in my tree :smallbiggrin:

I love my tree.

Superglucose
2010-05-05, 09:43 PM
I have recently added to my list of best friends! Or at least, I have the potential to add to the list :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

I love meeting people I instantly connect with.

Blue Ghost
2010-05-05, 09:47 PM
Someone called me? :smallbiggrin:
I'm perpetually happy. I'm so happy, it sometimes scares me.
Why am I happy? You need a reason to be sad. You don't need a reason to be happy.
I'm happy because I have meaning in life. I have friends, and I have love. And I have the Playground.
:biggrin:

Felicitas est parvus canis calidus. (Apologies if I got the quote wrong, I have no knowledge of Latin.)

Lord Raziere
2010-05-05, 09:50 PM
I am happy....

because everything is mostly quiet right now. I hate loud noises. I like quietness and silence because its peaceful, and peacefulness makes me happy.

I also like to think a lot, through thinking I am also happy, and my thoughts the clearest when everything is quiet so when I'm thinking when everything is quiet, I am the happiest.

:smallcool:

Serpentine
2010-05-06, 12:58 AM
I've seen a bunch of things lately that give me hope for the future. I can't think of any of the really good ones right now, but they include the fact that Science has a Plan B for climate change (and it's of supervillain proportions!), and that humans have managed to save an animal (the Tasmanian devil) from near-certain extinction (that they probably didn't cause). I'm also really looking forward to seeing the first human on Mars, and what they find in that tomb in China (the one guarded by the terracotta army, I think it's Qin's? Or Han's?) whenever they eventually dig it up.

I'm too stressed and worried about my future to be really happy, at the moment, but the pros are outweighing the cons :smallsmile: Also I'm really looking forward to VT's game! :smallbiggrin:

Ranna
2010-05-06, 04:07 AM
Oooh whats the Plan B?

I am happy because it is simpler to be happy and I am simple.

Serpentine
2010-05-06, 04:14 AM
A variety of "geoengineering" (I think) ideas of variable cost, risk and effectiveness. Includes "artificial trees" to suck CO2 from the atmosphere, seeding the ocean with phytoplancton, or building big mirror satellites in space to reflect sunlight away. The article I read indicated that the artificial trees seem to be the most widely preferred option, having a reasonable balance of cost and effectiveness with low risk.

Oh! I remembered another, related, one: petrol companies are buying CO2 from other companies. They use it to force up oil so they can squeeze out every last drop, and also stores said CO2 underground. Can't remember, exactly, but it stores more CO2 than it produces to extract it, to process it, or by using it (one or the combination of those; obviously all would be the best, but I'm not sure which it was). Anyway, point being, someone is combining profit with environmental policy.

horngeek
2010-05-06, 04:19 AM
Remember, happiness is mandatory. /Paranoia Reference :smallamused:

Ranna
2010-05-06, 04:26 AM
A variety of "geoengineering" (I think) ideas of variable cost, risk and effectiveness. Includes "artificial trees" to suck CO2 from the atmosphere, seeding the ocean with phytoplancton, or building big mirror satellites in space to reflect sunlight away. The article I read indicated that the artificial trees seem to be the most widely preferred option, having a reasonable balance of cost and effectiveness with low risk.

Oh! I remembered another, related, one: petrol companies are buying CO2 from other companies. They use it to force up oil so they can squeeze out every last drop, and also stores said CO2 underground. Can't remember, exactly, but it stores more CO2 than it produces to extract it, to process it, or by using it (one or the combination of those; obviously all would be the best, but I'm not sure which it was). Anyway, point being, someone is combining profit with environmental policy.

Its the only way anything is going to get done if profit is involved *sigh*

Still its something!!!!!!!!!

KuReshtin
2010-05-06, 05:02 AM
I'm happy I still have a job, even if it seemed a bit touch and go for a while.
And I'm happy that I'm able to still be involved in the sport I love, in the form of me being a refereee.

Also, Foo Fighters on the Media Player makes me happy:smallcool:

Amiel
2010-05-06, 06:24 AM
I'm also really looking forward to seeing[...]what they find in that tomb in China (the one guarded by the terracotta army, I think it's Qin's? Or Han's?) whenever they eventually dig it up.
It's apparently Qin Shihuang's actual tomb; word on the street is that this discovery is going to make the terracotta army look practically provincial in comparison.

"Sima Qian's description of the tomb includes replicas of palaces and scenic towers, 'rare utensils and wonderful objects', 100 rivers made with mercury, representations of 'the heavenly bodies'"
That's the short of the it; the long of it is that the Qin Emperor ordered a depiction of the world scaled in proportion to be built within the complex, along with rivers and oceans of mercury.
Arrayed upon the vaulting ceiling are supposed to be constellations and other stars, all built from precious gems and metals.

A variety of "geoengineering" (I think) ideas of variable cost, risk and effectiveness. Includes "artificial trees" to suck CO2 from the atmosphere

It's good that they are being proactive about the environment...but why not grow some more trees instead of having unseemly/unsightly oxygen scrubbers? Invest some time in genetic engineering, have the trees grow at quadruple rate.

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-06, 07:57 AM
The last lecture in one of my modules this year was about Happiness. The lecturer was genuinely surprised when so many people put their hand up for the question: Are you happy?

I'm happy right now because I just ate a slow cooked bacon sandwich for breakfast and it was delicious :smallbiggrin:

Serpentine
2010-05-06, 08:02 AM
It's apparently Qin Shihuang's actual tomb; word on the street is that this discovery is going to make the terracotta army look practically provincial in comparison.

"Sima Qian's description of the tomb includes replicas of palaces and scenic towers, 'rare utensils and wonderful objects', 100 rivers made with mercury, representations of 'the heavenly bodies'"
That's the short of the it; the long of it is that the Qin Emperor ordered a depiction of the world scaled in proportion to be built within the complex, along with rivers and oceans of mercury.
Arrayed upon the vaulting ceiling are supposed to be constellations and other stars, all built from precious gems and metals. I know! Isn't it cool?! More than that, mind: the old legends (the same ones that say all that) said that the tomb was guarded by a great army. Then, whaddayano, just outside the tomb they find a great army, albeit one made of terracotta. If they were right about that, mightn't they be right about the rest? The fact the soil around it has higher levels of mercury than the surrounding area hint that there's something to it...

It's good that they are being proactive about the environment...but why not grow some more trees instead of having unseemly/unsightly oxygen scrubbers? Invest some time in genetic engineering, have the trees grow at quadruple rate.Like I said, that was a Plan B, because the stuff that should be done isn't likely to be, so this is the next best thing.

KuReshtin
2010-05-06, 08:29 AM
The last lecture in one of my modules this year was about Happiness. The lecturer was genuinely surprised when so many people put their hand up for the question: Are you happy?

I'm happy right now because I just ate a slow cooked bacon sandwich for breakfast and it was delicious :smallbiggrin:

I like the fact that you 'just had breakfast' at 1:45PM. :smallbiggrin:

potatocubed
2010-05-06, 08:34 AM
An adventure I wrote, which I thought had been lost to the RPG publishing void, has now been slated for a Summer release. This makes me pleased!

I have Mechwarrior 4 - for free!

I have BlazBlue - not for free. But totally worth it!

I have discovered the music of Touhou Project! (And the AMVs that go with it.)

I have been down at work because my figures are bad compared to the rest of my team, but I discovered today that that's just because my team are fantastic - I'm still in the top 10 out of ~70 employees! (And that's even with the time I spend slacking on the internet!)

My current pet project is proceeding! Slowly, but consistently. One thing from the to-do list every night...

There's a lot of good stuff in my life right now, huh?

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-06, 08:43 AM
I like the fact that you 'just had breakfast' at 1:45PM. :smallbiggrin:

I forgot to give my availability in to work last week so I'm officially unemployed until Monday. So while I may be poor the silver lining to this is that I get to wake up at 10, then roll over again for another hour or two of sleep :smallbiggrin:

KuReshtin
2010-05-06, 08:57 AM
I forgot to give my availability in to work last week so I'm officially unemployed until Monday. So while I may be poor the silver lining to this is that I get to wake up at 10, then roll over again for another hour or two of sleep :smallbiggrin:

I had a day like that on Monday. That made me happy.
I think I got up at about 2:30pm.
Then again, I'd been up playing CoD:MW2 until about 4am om Sunday night/Monday morning, so I didn't really feel like getting out of bed before noon at least.

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-06, 06:11 PM
I'm happy because I had Chinese food! And was able to eat it without choking and dying!

CurlyKitGirl
2010-05-07, 08:15 AM
I'm just happy.
My topic this term is really hard and so fulfilling it's crazy, and I can't stop smiling about it; my friends are still amazing and they genuinely enjoy my company no matter their many protestations; my family's happy because my seven or eight months old second cousin's not going to die (long story) and things are going swimmingly.
Math Friend went out on her first date ever last night and I'm incredibly happy for her. PHysics Friend got the best result in the year in his exam this term and this makes me gleeful. Biology Friend managed to beat out twenty other people from the entire university to be one of three biologists going to an uber-awesome-fo-biologists week of seminars up in York, 'course this makes me happy. History Friend's already got her geeky drama groove on and saw The Odyssey and loved it, plus she's going home this weekend. :smallsmile: Law Friend doesn't have exams at the end of term and she got the highest results out of all the first-year lawyers in the college and won a prize, I'm still incredibly happy for her. French Friend's going fundraising tomorrow for a charity that really means a lot to her and this just makes me smile so much.

It's not raining and we're going punting in half an hour! :smallbiggrin:
I have lots of books to read, revision to do and I just love university so much. Our group of friends went house hunting yesterday for the second-year accomodation and we all fell in love with the same area, and those houses are seldom used - we're almost certain to get them and it's in a nicw quietish part of the city, yet really close to all the places I use on a daily basis.
I even already have a job or two lined up for the entire summer when I get back home.

I truly love my life right now.

Reinholdt
2010-05-07, 08:23 AM
I'm happy to see a happiness thread. And people posting in it.

some guy
2010-05-07, 09:14 AM
When I saw this thread I could not help but link to this happy song;
The Happy Song by The Aliens (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSLn0s2GTaQ).
Anyway, I'm happy because I just watched an episode of Adventure Time!

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-07, 09:19 AM
I'm happy because I'm going to see Iron Man 2 this evening with one of my best friends! And because I found my camera charger and can take pictures again!

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-07, 03:15 PM
I have 28 hours in work next week :smallbiggrin:

Yay for money :biggrin:

icastflare!
2010-05-07, 03:31 PM
I am happy because me and a friend just got our tickets for a metal concert coming into town and they released the schedule for an upcoming anime convention and it fits into my schedule.

Trog
2010-05-08, 02:32 PM
I have homemade sushi! @<(^_^)

いただきます!

*noms happily*

Crimmy
2010-05-08, 02:59 PM
Here, in México, we call people "Happy" (And I mean happy as in, we're speaking spanish and add the english word "happy") when they are on drugs, or legally drunk.

So I'm not "Mexican Happy", but rather "Happy" because I'm not "Mexican Happy".

Lorolar
2010-05-08, 03:22 PM
I'm happy because I got the grades I needed to get into University and have a wonderful boyfriend.

Huzzah for getting through life to such a nice place :smallbiggrin:

Amiel
2010-05-08, 08:45 PM
I'm where I want to be with my assignments; I have some free time for designing using the 3.5 ruleset; I have amazing friends which I see during the weekday; I am able to work hours that do not interfere with either my seeing friends, my studies or my schedule.

KilltheToy
2010-05-08, 08:53 PM
My brother made chocolate chip muffins :3

I have no reason to not be happy.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-05-08, 11:09 PM
I am very happy

I love the world, I love the people in it, I love the things it makes and the things that it will.

I love my girlfriend and everything about her. I love how insanely idyllic our relationship is.

I even love that I have assignments to do, because I enjoy writing essays :smalltongue:

Its the only way anything is going to get done if profit is involved *sigh*

Still its something!!!!!!!!!

My happiness is linked deeply with how much I love profit driven economics :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2010-05-08, 11:54 PM
I saw Kick-Ass today and it was awesome!!!:smallbiggrin:

Cleverdan22
2010-05-09, 12:10 AM
I'm happy that I've already seen Iron Man 2 twice. Once at the midnight show, with a bunch of friends, and then at 10 PM the same day, with a whole different set of friends. And it was awesome.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-09, 12:48 AM
I'm happy that I've already seen Iron Man 2 twice. Once at the midnight show, with a bunch of friends, and then at 10 PM the same day, with a whole different set of friends. And it was awesome.

Right! I've seen two great superhero films in two days: first Iron Man 2 opening day and then Kick-Ass on Saturday!
Kick-Ass was totally kick ass!
Iron Man 2 was totally iron man 2!
...wait, that second one doesn't work so well.

Reinholdt
2010-05-09, 10:22 AM
I have homemade sushi! @<(^_^)

いただきます!

*noms happily*

Trog has homemade sushi!
=(^.^)=

*noms Trog's sushi happily*

MeatShield#236
2010-05-09, 06:30 PM
I'm happy that there's a happiness thread on this forum.
I'm happy that I have a (relativly) stresss-free life.
I'm happy that everyone else is happy.

:smallsmile::smallsmile::smallsmile:

Mauve Shirt
2010-05-09, 06:55 PM
I'm happy about the nice mother's day celebration we had for my mother her family. :smallsmile:

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-10, 02:24 AM
I'm happy because I got my essay done quicker than expected (5 hours the morning it's due in instead of 6) so I have time for a shower before work, and trust me, that'll make lots of people happy :smallcool:

Tangentially I'm also happy because I think I've finally found my historical niche, which is something that's been bugging me for the last year. It also means that if I'm right I may actually be able to come up with a title for my dissertation next year. Which would be very much appreciated.

Adumbration
2010-05-10, 02:43 AM
I'm happy because this thread has restored some of my faith in humanity. Also, I'm happy because I remembered to type 'because' with an a instead of an o ('becouse'). :smalltongue:

Castaras
2010-05-10, 09:47 AM
I have a phobia of injections. I faint.

First round of the cervical cancer jabs, I had a panic attack.

Second round, I was completely woozy and out of it for the rest of the day.

Today? No wooziness, no fainting, no panic attacks. And I carried on afterwards just as normal.

I'm happy because slowly, but surely, I'm beating this fear.

faerwain
2010-05-10, 10:01 AM
I'm happy for you conquering your fear.

I actually have a little fun with that, because the doctors often fear that I will faint because I'm uncomfortable with needles poked in me(but it's really only that, a very mild case) and somehow conclude that if I don't want to look directly at the needle put in and the blood poured out I must be on the edge of catatonic shock.

The best wording came when my ex and I got a liver spot extracted(we both our own, I mean) and she was first and did actually faint. When I was finished the doctor(a small woman with a not bigger female assistant) asked if I wanted to keep lying on the bed for a few minutes.

"No, thanks, I'm fine."

"You are sure? Because you we will not be able to pick up from the ground."

So I'm happy now because the thread brought back an amusing memory. And I have pizza.

Serpentine
2010-05-10, 10:03 AM
Also, I'm happy because I remembered to type 'because' with an a instead of an o ('becouse'). :smalltongue:"Birds Eat Cabbages, And Uncle Sells Eggs".

Good to hear, Cassie :smallsmile:

Coplantor
2010-05-10, 10:08 AM
I'm happy because I have a brand new Bamboo pen tablet!

Trobby
2010-05-10, 10:10 AM
I'm happy because I got a perfect grade on my 20 page final paper. :smallbiggrin: Here's hoping the rest of my grades are as good.

The Cyberwolf
2010-05-10, 11:00 AM
I'm happy because I have two websites! And I can swim and cook!

albis
2010-05-10, 12:39 PM
I'm happy because the results of my CPE (Certificate of Proficiency in English) exam just came out and I passed!!!!
That means that I'm recognized throughout all Europe as a person who has professionally mastered the use of the English language!!!
And that means I could teach English, be an English-Italian Italian-English interpreter, and many other things that would help me in finding a job!

I'm also happy because my best friend has recently found the love that she deserved to receive, after going through a phase in which she was feeling so alone and there was only little ol' me to comfort her...
I'm also happy to have found a happy thread...
And, finally I'm happy because I'm getting better at bellydancing. :smallsmile:
I like being happy. =)

Dr.Epic
2010-05-10, 03:11 PM
I finished finals today!:smallbiggrin:

deuxhero
2010-05-10, 03:36 PM
Walking 255 steps makes me happier >_>

KuReshtin
2010-05-10, 06:35 PM
Just got back home after having spent the evening in the good company of my friends at a Teppanyaki restaurant (first visit at a Teppanyaki restaurant for me, but certainly not the last).
When I got home, the result of the annual referee's exam was waiting for me. The result made me happy. I scored 86%. That's 8% more than last year, and incidentally 8% higher than the average.

Well pleased with that.

bluewind95
2010-05-10, 10:18 PM
I'm happy because I'm in love and it's totally unrequited and it makes me even happier because it can stay in my favourite stage: the platonic love. I don't need more than that. I am so very glad for this. I have his friendship and it's wonderful and beautiful and I really couldn't ask for any more in that department.

Blue Ghost
2010-05-10, 10:21 PM
I'm happy because I'm in love and it's totally unrequited and it makes me even happier because it can stay in my favourite stage: the platonic love. I don't need more than that. I am so very glad for this. I have his friendship and it's wonderful and beautiful and I really couldn't ask for any more in that department.

Ah. Platonic love. Is there anything more beautiful?
I am happy for you. :smallsmile:

Nomrom
2010-05-10, 10:25 PM
I'm happy, cuz I have just one final left, and I actually feel well prepared for this one. Also happy, because so far, I've done pretty good on the finals I've taken.

Castaras
2010-05-13, 05:33 PM
I'm happy because I'm a tad hyper.

I'm a tad hyper (understatement) because I am quite pleased (understatement) that study leave has begun. Now I can actually get the revision done, rather than listen to certain teachers I have attempt to help and fail miserably.

Blue Ghost
2010-05-13, 06:03 PM
I am happy that another large school project is done with, and that it was accomplished with success.

Xzeno
2010-05-13, 06:18 PM
I'm happy because I tested negative for TB exposure.

I am also happy because some guy on the Internet said he loved something I wrote.

Johel
2010-05-13, 06:21 PM
*Open the door*
*Point the lamp*
"-Ah !! I found the nest !!"

*Ready flamethrower*
"-Happiness for the sake of happiness is thought crime !!"

bluewind95
2010-05-13, 10:18 PM
I am happy for you. :smallsmile:

Indeed there is nothing more beautiful.

I am happy today because my fish tank has finally started to complete the nitrogen cycle. It's not perfect yet... but it's getting there.

Trog
2010-05-14, 12:34 AM
I'm happy because yet another playing session went well. 4e's sweet spot for my players appears to be 2.5 levels above the average party level.

Only four more sessions until campaign's end. One reoccurring villain dead, one more to go, a rival group full of previous players' PCs left to best, and a player vs. player conflict on what to do with the central villain at the end after they manage to fight their way to his lair. The winner establishes the new nation in the conquered one's stead.

Gonna be a hell of a way to end the Campaign if combats go as toe-to-toe as these last couple have. Tonight's session hearkened back to a fight that happened with this same group back in 1st ed. decades ago.

Happy DM Trog iz happeh. :smallsmile:

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-14, 12:52 AM
Happy DM Trog iz happeh. :smallsmile:*desperately wants a DM like Trog*

In other news, I'm happy that I have the ability to participate in such a fun filled summer, including, in no particular order, Southeast Trogland Meetup IV, GenCon, Pudding Troll's christening (this weekend), my anniversary (in which we go to Volt (the restaurant owned by the Voltaggio brother that won Top Chef last season)), and a wedding clear up in Canuckistan. :smallcool:

All in all, times are good.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-14, 12:52 AM

Not really, but in this case, you are using the word "Platonic" wrong. Platonic love is requited and intimate, but non-sexual. Unrequited love is just... unrequited.

Then again, it might be Platonic, but since she used the word unrequited, I don't think that's the case here.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-14, 01:05 AM
Actually, reading the post, my bet is on "unrequited" being used incorrectly and not "platonic".

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-14, 01:08 AM
Well, either way, unrequited and Platonic are mutually exclusive.

Also, she did say friendship, which is also not Platonic love. Though companionship is part of Platonic love, so she might have meant that.

I'm so confused. bluewind, please refrain from confusing me in the future. Thanks in advance. :smalltongue:

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-14, 01:20 AM
Well, either way, unrequited and Platonic are mutually exclusive.I disagree. I can envision a platonic love that is not shared by both parties. Platonic just means "free from sensual desires". There's no requisite for returned affections.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-14, 01:23 AM
I disagree. I can envision a platonic love that is not shared by both parties. Platonic just means "free from sensual desires". There's no requisite for returned affections.

Platonic love is defined as "intimate and affectionate, but non-sexual". It's a hard thing to have intimacy without it being requited.

Zeb The Troll
2010-05-14, 01:36 AM
Platonic love is defined as "intimate and affectionate, but non-sexual". It's a hard thing to have intimacy without it being requited.That depends on your dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/platonic

Esp. definitions #3 (which includes a relationship as an example usage only) and #4 (which references professing a platonic love, but we all know that professing a love of any kind does not strictly require that it be returned).

Quincunx
2010-05-14, 04:40 AM
Precise use of vocabulary, unique and memorable phrases, idioms translated fresh upon the moment: all make me happy in the way that nature does.

Tyrandar
2010-05-14, 04:42 AM
I dunno, Quin. Semantics tend to give me a headache. :smallsigh:

I'm happy because I got two A's this semester (and hopefully can make up some work to get another one). Also, finally got my hands on Portal.

Klose_the_Sith
2010-05-14, 05:44 AM
I'm happy right now because seeing Iron Man 2 with my girlfriend was awesome and I now get to watch Friday night AFL with yummy pasta while offhandedly finishing the paintjobs on my scout marines. Life is good :smallsmile:

Quincunx
2010-05-14, 06:34 AM
"Semantics" is not a synonym for "tedious arguments". :smallcool:

Tyrandar
2010-05-14, 08:18 AM
"Semantics" is not a synonym for "tedious arguments". :smallcool:

I'd try and refute that, but that would cause me to devolve into a tedious argument! I'm wise to your game... :smallsmile:

Anonymoose
2010-05-14, 08:38 AM
I'm happy because my mid-year exams just ended today. And my birthday is tomorrow.

By the way, for those of you wanting to comment on the fact that it will be my birthday...

http://pbfcomics.com/archive_b/PBF032-Todays_My_Birthday.gif

lord pringle
2010-05-14, 08:39 AM
just randomly happy.

Coplantor
2010-05-14, 08:47 AM
I'm happy/sad but it easy to get just happy again.
I just finished a delicious coffee, mmmmm, that makes me happy. But now I'm sad because my coffee cup is empty, :smallfrown:
But I can just go and make another!:smallsmile:

bluewind95
2010-05-14, 10:03 AM
Whoops, looks like I made a typical vague post.

I meant platonic, but romantically unrequited. It's kind of hard to explain. While I do love him in the most platonic way possible, I wouldn't mind if he didn't. But he doesn't and never will. And it's okay, that makes me happy too. We are close friends, though, so the platonic side does apply both ways. Romantic (yet on my side it can only ever be platonic even then), it's unrequited on his side, neutral on mine. Sexual, I think, is not there on either side. Certainly not on mine.

... And I am capable of entirely unrequited on all accounts platonic love. But it has to be with someone I at least *used* to be close to.

At any rate, I'm rather happy with what I do have and I intend to keep it all that way.

Pyrian
2010-05-14, 12:42 PM
Semantics tend to give me a headache. :smallsigh:The basic problem with semantics is that logical types try to treat it like a science when it's really an art form.

I am happy because my stubborn, grit-toothed, bitter determination has not faded with time, and while that's not making me happy per se (thus the bitterness) it is making me increasingly accomplished. :smallcool:

faerwain
2010-05-17, 03:59 PM
I'm happy because yesterday I finally forced myself to ignore how ashamed I felt and wrote an email to a friend who heard nothing from me after my move for half a year, despite trying to contact me.(I'm less than proud how bad I'm sometimes with keeping up contact). And as he has some kind of pride I was really not sure if I had not damaged that friendship.

Just received his answer, and he was not angered, just glad that I'm doing fine.
Relieved now.:smallcool:

Tyrandar
2010-05-17, 04:45 PM
Getting my braces off Thursday! Woooooooooo!

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-17, 04:59 PM
I have my duvet back and am reconnecting with my housemates from first year :smallbiggrin:

Cleverdan22
2010-05-17, 06:32 PM
I'm happy that I'm listening to a bunch of Daft Punk right now and my cares are just melting away due to the fact.

Water-Smurf
2010-05-17, 08:35 PM
I'm happy that I stopped taking the pills that turned my brain into a marshmallow, deprived me of my ability to write, and made my depression worse. I'm happy that I'm now on pills that seem to be doing some good and I actually have a psychiatrist that won't abandon me and leave no substitute, and I'm happy that my friends stood by me the whole time, even when I devolved into a constantly crying mess.

I'm happy that I can write again, and I'm already hard at work on several epic-length projects.

Life is good. :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-05-17, 08:46 PM
I'm happy that school's almost over, the summer's almost here, my webcomic is going along great, I'm helping people *Hugs Water-Smurf*, and I helped find homes for six puppies yesterday.

toasty
2010-05-17, 10:10 PM
I'm happy because my final latin test was made optional. :smallbiggrin:

I'm happy because I have about one and one half weeks of school left.:smallcool:

Most of all I'm happy because I will be graduating from Highshool on the 6th of June. BOOOYAAAH!

Castaras
2010-05-22, 02:42 AM
1 down, 6 to go.

And some new t-shirts are aiming to be here by the end of my last exam. :smallbiggrin:

Tyrandar
2010-05-22, 04:23 AM
Teeth are finally freeeeeeeeeeee (retainer aside).

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2010-05-22, 07:33 PM
Clover in her hands
Dawn's sky with its pale promise
Drunk in happy thread

MeatShield#236
2010-05-22, 08:07 PM
I happy that I got a hellhound, which means I can BURN THE HERETIC, KILL THE MUTANT, PURGE THE UNCLEAN!

Ahem, I am also happy that school is almost over.

Tyrandar
2010-05-22, 08:54 PM
BURN THE HERETIC, KILL THE MUTANT, PURGE THE UNCLEAN!

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/030716.gif

MeatShield#236
2010-05-23, 03:41 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/030716.gif

That just made my day.

Stadge
2010-05-23, 04:59 PM
I'm happy for a variety of reasons.

Partly because I've had a fun evening with only a few friends (don't get me wrong, I like all of my friends immensely, but I'm better at socialising with just a few at a time rather than the whole group) in the bar listening to cheesy songs that the bar stuff put on the jukebox.
Partly because I have an utterly amazing girlfriend and I ca't believe it's been almost a month since we realsied we felt the same way about each other.
Partly because it's summery and now my hawaiian shirts don't get quite as many odd looks.
Partly because my drinking buddy and I might be going to the wyvern's garden party after exams, which'll be a nice throwback to St Patrick's night and the brilliant term that was Michaelmas.
Partly because I've realised, that despite not working nearly as much as I should have this year, this university is where I'm supposed to be, I've met the most amazing people, learned far more than I think I realise and put a number of my past demons to rest, or can at least deal with them a bit better.
Partly, and tied into the above, because my course is Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic and I get to focus entirley on History and Arcaheology papers rather than language next year.

There's probably much more, but yeah, I'm pretty happy right now:smallbiggrin:

Vizzerdrix
2010-05-24, 01:18 PM
Hmm...

I'm happy that:
I have one more day left of my work week before 3 days off.
this is a pay week so I'll be ordering Chinese foods.
I have plenty of supplies for to last my pets a few weeks.
my father's doctor is one of the most aggressive in his field.
geek night will involve the movie Hell Comes to Frog Town.
I've built a few killer magic decks for said night.
in 37 days a second friend will become a roomy (Party time!)
tomorrow, most of my favorite web comics will update.
I have stumbled on several solo, open to all D&D games here.
I found my big knife, so I can go walking again.
I might be getting a 52 inch t.v. for $300

That about covers it. :smallsmile:

Octopus Jack
2010-05-24, 02:17 PM
Despite very recently becoming single I am happy because:

I have just recieved 2 swords and a long knife as a gift.
I spent saturday doing 4 hours of digging in the sun, gotta love geting archaeology experience.
Got most of my hard exams out of the way, 4 more to go.
Summer is finally here.
Film nights for the win.

Dr.Epic
2010-05-24, 07:39 PM
I had steak for dinner, I've almost gotten all 120 stars in Super Mario 64 (I know it's over 10 years old but I'm replaying it again), I saw a new Adventure Time, and I was just randomly flipping channels and saw Kung Fu Hustle is one. Today was a good day!:smallsmile:

Castaras
2010-05-26, 05:16 AM
It's cooled down considerably. Fingers crossed it stays at this lovely temperature for tomorrow's 3 hours of exams! \o/

Kobold-Bard
2010-05-26, 11:56 AM
The woman on reception let have a £1 IOU so I could buy a sandwich at work today. This was apparently the first time this has happened ever in the 7 years she has been there, and "No IOUs" is actually written into the workplace rules you get taught on your induction.

Woo for pity :smallbiggrin: :smallcool: