PDA

View Full Version : Multiplier mania!!

Nidogg
2010-05-05, 12:29 PM
How many multipliers can you get on a single mellee damage roll? Discounting crits whats a build that can get a say x15 multiplier on his roll? Bonus if he's pre-epic.

Greenish
2010-05-05, 12:33 PM
Valorous weapon property x2
Mounted charge with a lance x2
Spirited Charge x2

Hmm, that's only quadruple damage, but I'm drawing a blank after that: most of übercharger multipliers apply to Power Attack…

[Edit]: Charge with Rhino's Rush (spell) x2
Riding boots x2
Headlong Charge x2

marjan
2010-05-05, 12:36 PM
Cavalier has increased multiplier on charge. Criticals also have multiplier, if you score them. That's about it, I think.

herrhauptmann
2010-05-05, 05:12 PM
Be a tauric creature. One of the inevitables gets access to mounted combat due to it's Centaur shaped body.
Play as say a Bariaur, 1HD, +1 ECL. Now you can use mounted combat feats, as well as typical leap attack/shocktrooper. It also avoids the argument (which I haven't seen lately), that a skilled rider should be able to use leap attack timed with movement of a trained warhorse. While the counterargument is that "The horse is leaping, you're just riding. YOU need to leap."
It's a very feat heavy build.
Shocktrooper is 3 feats alone right? + Leap attack + Mounted charger (4, 5 feats?) + Combat Brute for extra damage on power attack (3 more feats)

It doesn't really let you get more multipliers. But it does let you use them a little more often, with additional bonuses.