PDA

View Full Version : Need a racing game.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-05-05, 10:05 PM
But not just any - I was comparing the differences between Blur and Split/Second, and was wondering which one you guys think looks more fun.

Any takers?

Capt Spanner
2010-05-07, 04:28 AM
Hmm...hard to say. Neither are out yet. Both companies have a fair record making racing games. Looking at the marketing, Blur looks more in depth, but ultimately it's driving physics that matter and it looks like Split Second has got the more fun gameplay mechanics. (I'm not a fan of vehicular combat).

I'd personally suggest you eschew both for either NFS: Shift, Race Driver: GRiD, or wait until September for F1 2010.

Zovc
2010-05-09, 12:59 AM
Allow me to start my post off by saying "I'm not trying to troll."

Go with Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Great gameplay (essentially a mario kart clone), great music, approachable controls, effectively the best (party) racing game recently released.

xp194
2010-05-09, 03:36 AM
Burnout Paradise. Freeworld racing, absoutely ludicrous speeds on the fastest cars, open world carries over into Multi-player...

and if you get some of the DLC, it's possible to have a race between the General Lee and the Ecto 1, or the Delorean time machine and KITT.

Of the two you're looking at, I'd say Split/Second, because you get to blow a lot of things up which is new to racing games, pretty much.

MrPig
2010-05-09, 10:53 AM
Shift was complete crap. Don't let the positive reviews mislead you. If you want a simulation, go for Forza Motorsport 3 or GRiD. If you're looking for a more arcade type racer, check out Burnout Paradise. I have no experience with either Blur or Split/Second.

Capt Spanner
2010-05-09, 09:08 PM
Shift was complete crap. Don't let the positive reviews mislead you. If you want a simulation, go for Forza Motorsport 3 or GRiD. If you're looking for a more arcade type racer, check out Burnout Paradise. I have no experience with either Blur or Split/Second.

I've got to say I really enjoy Shift. It's somewhere between arcade and simulation, and has some of the sweetest graphics on a racing game I've ever seen. It really manages to make you feel like you're going fast, and it really manages to make you feel like you've actually crashed, and it makes you feel like a good driver (until you hit the difficulty spike halfway through...)

MrPig
2010-05-10, 09:13 PM
I've got to say I really enjoy Shift. It's somewhere between arcade and simulation, and has some of the sweetest graphics on a racing game I've ever seen. It really manages to make you feel like you're going fast, and it really manages to make you feel like you've actually crashed, and it makes you feel like a good driver (until you hit the difficulty spike halfway through...)

I must've missed the sim part =/. Other than the game giving you racing line (which is oh so horribly off) everything screamed arcade. From the tiny BMWs spitting fire, to every car feeling like it was driving on butter.

I'm sure if I shut off my brain and completely ignored anything anyone has said about it, it might've been enjoyable, but FM3 is far superior to it in every respect.

Shas aia Toriia
2010-05-11, 04:01 PM
Just so y'all know, its definitely either Blur or S/S.