PDA

View Full Version : pimp my beermug

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:06 AM
So started a new campain today that ended up with my peasant dwarf black smith becoming realy attached to his beermug. He even silvered it so he could fight vampires better "failed knowledge checks ftw" So now im specialized in beermug kungfu. I was just wondering what the best ways to increase my 1d2 awsomeness. I'm currently contemplating crusader atm.

stats are
str15
dex15
con18
int14
wis17
cha 15

Darius Rae
2010-05-06, 01:16 AM
What class is the Dwarf? Drunken master could work for improvised weapons. Alternatively take EWP Beermug an then Exotic weapon master, if you can count improvised weapons under EWP.

Ninjaed? awesome, not ninjaed

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:17 AM
i have exactly 1.5 lvls of peasant. its a homebrew it gives me proficience with 1 weapon type of choice and 1 armor. so i took Beermug nad chain mail

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:19 AM
If you're playing Pathfinder (Or if your DM will let you appropriate some feats for 3.5) I'd say take Catch Off-Guard (Which lets you use your mug, since it is an improvised weapon without any penalties), and then take Improvised Weapon Mastery, which ups the damage die by one category. You'd think a mug would be more than a d2, but I could be thinking of a tankard. Maybe you can convince your DM of letting you make an adamantine mug and having it do more damage because of how hard it is.

Also, for hilarity, make it +1 (Because ANYTHING that's masterwork can be enchanted, your mug would be a weapon, naturally) and get the Icy property. You'll have your own freezee mug! =D

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:20 AM
Oh it is i made the craft checks my self it is a master work Silvered beertankard

noiadodh
2010-05-06, 01:21 AM
You'd think a mug would be more than a d2, but I could be thinking of a tankard. Maybe you can convince your DM of letting you make an adamantine mug and having it do more damage because of how hard it is.

nah, 1d2 damage is more than enough for a crusader.. :smallbiggrin:

Ashram
Oh it is i made the craft checks my self it is a master work Silvered beertankard

Honestly, I'd spring for mithril eventually. Nice and light, and you don't have that -1 to damage.

WildPyre
If you're Lawful Good taking levels in Paladin would be funny just for the beer mug smiting.

Darius Rae
2010-05-06, 01:22 AM
Also, for hilarity, make it +1 (Because ANYTHING that's masterwork can be enchanted, your mug would be a weapon, naturally) and get the Icy property. You'll have your own freezee mug! =D

and collision for when you slam the empty mug on the table as you demand "MOAR!"

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:23 AM
If you're Lawful Good taking levels in Paladin would be funny just for the beer mug smiting.

Oh God, a dwarf with Smite Sobriety...

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:25 AM
Oh God, a dwarf with Smite Sobriety...

I think my dm is looking up the god of ale now :D

Honestly, I'd spring for mithril eventually. Nice and light, and you don't have that -1 to damage.

I wouldnt dream of remaking a new mug, my current one just got me through an undead invasion. I named it Bert.

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:28 AM
I think my dm is looking up the god of ale now :D

That'd be Hanseath, according to Races of Stone. Only thing is, Hanseath is Chaotic Neutral. He's more of a barbarian god than a paladin god like Moradin. Unless you want to be a Paladin of Anarchy, then go right ahead. >_>

Divide by Zero
2010-05-06, 01:29 AM
Needs more dwarf.

Vaecae
2010-05-06, 01:31 AM
He forgot to mention the other peasant has a sharpened silver plated frying pan now, also of his crafting and strangely masterwork...

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:31 AM
Needs more dwarf.

how can i get more dwarf than fighting through swarms of zombie bats and skeletars "another failed knowledge check" with my Beermug?

He forgot to mention the other peasant has a sharpened silver plated frying pan now, also of his crafting and strangely masterwork...

It was a good night. much ale was imbibed before the craftings. Death to those vampires and skeletars.

WeeFreeMen
2010-05-06, 01:32 AM
nah, 1d2 damage is more than enough for a crusader.. :smallbiggrin:

Are we thinking Aura of Chaos and Luck Feats? :smallconfused:

As for beer-mug-awesomeness.
Frost property for sure.
Make it masterwork?
Then get it Transmutable. So it can be whatever metal type you want. (For effiency)

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:32 AM
how can i get more dwarf than fighting through swarms of zombie bats and skeletars "another failed knowledge check" with my Beermug?

Make it Holy? (Insert terrible "dwarven holy water" joke here.)

Mystic Muse
2010-05-06, 01:33 AM
How about an anymug?

It's from a comic strip called goblins. Just think of a liquid and the mug fills up with is. However there are some conditions.

The item can't be incredibly hot or cold. (so no lava or liquid nitrogen)
the mug is highly susceptible of acids of any kind.
I don't think it can create things that aren't technically liquid. (so no ice to go with your ale)
It also can't create magic liquids of any kind.

I don't think this would be a particularly powerful enhancement either.
(especially since it's your main weapon.)

Darius Rae
2010-05-06, 01:34 AM
Enchant it with throwing and returning, not so you can hit the baddies, but so you can throw it to the barkeep and get it back, full the next round.

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:34 AM
Are we thinking Aura of Chaos and Luck Feats? :smallconfused:

As for beer-mug-awesomeness.
Frost property for sure.
Make it masterwork?
Then get it Transmutable. So it can be whatever metal type you want. (For effiency)

Since his mug counts as a weapon, he'd have to make it Metalline. Same thing. Move action, turn the mug into steel, silver, cold iron or adamantine. It's already masterwork, so he can get it enchanted.

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:35 AM
Make it Holy? (Insert terrible "dwarven holy water" joke here.)

Definatly getting holy and frost on it maybe disruption as well in the long run. hehe

as another thought what would be good for a masterwork silvered frying pan>?

Vaecae
2010-05-06, 01:38 AM
I have an awful feeling this character will go down in our group's special DnD history. If for no better reason then the weaponized mug.

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:39 AM
Definatly getting holy and frost on it maybe disruption as well in the long run. hehe

as another thought what would be good for a masterwork silvered frying pan>?

+1 Flaming Collision Frying Pan. =D

Divide by Zero
2010-05-06, 01:41 AM
How about an anymug?

It's from a comic strip called goblins. Just think of a liquid and the mug fills up with is. However there are some conditions.

The item can't be incredibly hot or cold. (so no lava or liquid nitrogen)
the mug is highly susceptible of acids of any kind.
I don't think it can create things that aren't technically liquid. (so no ice to go with your ale)
It also can't create magic liquids of any kind.

I don't think this would be a particularly powerful enhancement either.
(especially since it's your main weapon.)

But apparently it can make some pretty powerful flammable liquids.

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:41 AM
+1 Flaming Collision Frying Pan. =D

So she can cook anywhere, and when she decides to bash some one instead of cuting them it sends em flying :D

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-06, 01:44 AM
Enchant it with throwing and returning, not so you can hit the baddies, but so you can throw it to the barkeep and get it back, full the next round.

Throwing and Teleporting. It's basically a psionic enchantment that does the same thing, only it poofs, and returns in your hand.

Some DM's do end over end. Don't want to spill.

Edit: Wow, geeky instead of sexual freudian slip? I was thinking about it thwacking into things, parallelly. So I wrote sonic instead of psionic originally.

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:44 AM
So she can cook anywhere, and when she decides to bash some one instead of cuting them it sends em flying :D

Well, Collision technically functions on any kind of weapon, be it slashing, piercing or bludgeoning. So you can still sharpen it; how is beyond me. Maybe sharpen the rim? Or just leave it bludgeoning and smack someone with the bottom of it.

So you know, Collision is a +2 enhancement and grants a static +5 bonus to damage that applies to critical hits.

Vaecae
2010-05-06, 01:48 AM
It has a sharpened rim and normal flat back, she says which she's using when she attacks like you would with a weapon with pierce or slash. Only for it it's bashing or slashing...

This is terribly wrong. One of them fights with a mug of brew and the other is trying to prepare the enemy to be eaten... Worse yet the pan weilder's skills allow her to make quick work of almost any corpse. She can really kill it then serve it with appropriate spices included.

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:50 AM
Well, Collision technically functions on any kind of weapon, be it slashing, piercing or bludgeoning. So you can still sharpen it; how is beyond me. Maybe sharpen the rim? Or just leave it bludgeoning and smack someone with the bottom of it.

So you know, Collision is a +2 enhancement and grants a static +5 bonus to damage that applies to critical hits.

Heh yeah I basicly took her pan and smacked the bottom flat with my hammer so she could have an edge to cut with. Its probably not very cookable any more, but the class mechanics assume you become formidable with the weapon you learned to fight with.

On the collision; I didnt know that i assumed it was a knockback type enchantment. :(

ninjad by my own dm O.o

Divide by Zero
2010-05-06, 01:50 AM
It has a sharpened rim and normal flat back, she says which she's using when she attacks like you would with a weapon with pierce or slash.

This is terribly wrong. One of them fights with a mug of brew and the other is trying to prepare the enemy to be eaten... Worse yet the pan weilder's skills allow her to make quick work of almost any corpse. She can really kill it then serve it with appropriate spices included.

All that's left is for someone to play a Sauceror (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Sauceror).

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:51 AM
It has a sharpened rim and normal flat back, she says which she's using when she attacks like you would with a weapon with pierce or slash. Only for it it's bashing or slashing...

Hmm... Maybe the pan could have an enchantment that allows it to cast Prestidigitation whenever it's cooking something? Spices without having to buy anything physical.

Vaecae
2010-05-06, 01:52 AM
Its probably not very cookable any more, but the class mechanics assume you become formidable with the weapon you learned to fight with.

ninjad by my own dm O.o

She'll probly take a knock to cooking with it sense it is a weapon now and not quite shaped right, but she can still cook on it.

Well I am a rogue afterall.

Darius Rae
2010-05-06, 01:55 AM
Have you thought about putting ranks in preform(battle cooking) because craft(cooking) is just too mundane.

Also look into getting the Keen Butter knife that was posted about not to long ago.

EDIT: forgot to add this, Become a bard. IC by cooking your enemies.
p.s. this thread FTW

Vaecae
2010-05-06, 01:55 AM
All that's left is for someone to play a Sauceror (http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Sauceror).

Coincidently I designed a Butcher class about two months ago that would fit perfectly for what she's put together right now flavor and fighter style included, as well as giving bonus nifties to cooking up her enemies.

Now I just have to type the blasted thing up and send it to her... That could take me a while with my typing speed.

Ashram
2010-05-06, 01:57 AM
Coincidently I designed a Butcher class about two months ago that would fit perfectly for what she's put together right now flavor and fighter style included, as well as giving bonus nifties to cooking up her enemies.

Now I just have to type the blasted thing up and send it to her... That could take me a while with my typing speed.

I seriously think your frying pan fighter has given a new meaning to the term "Iron Chef". >_>

Vaecae
2010-05-06, 02:00 AM
I seriously think your frying pan fighter has given a new meaning to the term "Iron Chef". >_>

She has craft skill brewing too so she can supply the drawf with the best ale and alcohol based sauces... Iron Chef DnD in the making.

Gods of gaming what the hell have I created?!:smalleek:

lyko555
2010-05-06, 02:02 AM
The horrors of high school gamers starting a new campain after a 7 year absence.
and the plus side she's in a diffrent state so she cant even throw a book at me when my crusader starts looking into the complete scoundral for feat ideas.

Divide by Zero
2010-05-06, 02:04 AM

It would only be better if it were warforged.

Vaecae
2010-05-06, 02:06 AM
And in with these two misfits is a woodsman who took his weapon pro as his axe, which he'd of probly gotten from whichever class he'll end up as anyway... Not that said woodsman did anything other then get munched on by evil and horrific zombie bats, but still the odd man out.

lyko555
2010-05-06, 02:08 AM
And in with these two misfits is a woodsman who took his weapon pro as his axe, which he'd of probly gotten from whichever class he'll end up as anyway... Not that said woodsman did anything other then get munched on by evil and horrific zombie bats, but still the odd man out.

But he didnt manage to do it on the gloriously obscene ways that the beermug and the frying pan barkeep did.

Vaecae
2010-05-06, 02:10 AM
But he didnt manage to do it on the gloriously obscene ways that the beermug and the frying pan barkeep did.

At least you two proved that my peasant system works. Of course I might of given you a touch too much, you'd maul most level 1s, but that was kinda the whole point so maybe, we'll see soon enough.

lyko555
2010-05-06, 03:49 AM
Thats why I said lvl 1.5 kinda hard to start as a peasant and gain a lvl and still be lvl 1

Asheram
2010-05-06, 04:10 AM
That'd be Hanseath, according to Races of Stone. Only thing is, Hanseath is Chaotic Neutral. He's more of a barbarian god than a paladin god like Moradin. Unless you want to be a Paladin of Anarchy, then go right ahead. >_>

Aaah! Ronson! You need Ronson. :smallbiggrin: God of Apathy and Beer, True Neutral. (Perhaps neutral good)

Ravens_cry
2010-05-06, 04:19 AM
It would only be better if it were warforged.
But then they would be the 30% Iron Chef, now wouldn't they?
Soufflé to thems that get the reference.

WildPyre
2010-05-06, 04:22 AM
But then they would be the 30% Iron Chef, now wouldn't they?
Soufflé to thems that get the reference.

Yeah but they'd also get that awesome "Dolamite" impurity for fire resistance.

Ravens_cry
2010-05-06, 04:23 AM
Yeah but they'd also get that awesome "Dolamite" impurity for fire resistance.http://img.timeinc.net/recipes/i/recipes/ck/07/12/chocolate-souffle-ck-1173789-l.jpg
One Double Chocolate Soufflé.
Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Vizzerdrix
2010-05-06, 04:52 AM
Turn it into an Everfull mug, and snag that feat that lets poison heal you.

I think that Magic of Faerun has the heavy property. That should bring up the damage a step.

paddyfool
2010-05-06, 04:53 AM
You may also want to consider Wenta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wenta).

lyko555
2010-05-06, 01:58 PM
Heh i just got threatend with being forced to take favoredsoul to the primordial force of intoxication.

QuantumSteve
2010-05-06, 04:57 PM
Beer mugs bring this item to mind:

Tankard of th Cheerful Duelist (http://paizo.com/rpgsuperstar/round1/tankardOfTheCheerfulDuelist)

Ravens_cry
2010-05-07, 12:26 AM
Heh i just got threatend with being forced to take favoredsoul to the primordial force of intoxication.
You don't mean . . . the spirit of intoxication by any chance?:smallwink: