PDA

View Full Version : Monk weapons feat?

gallagher
2010-05-06, 10:59 AM
is there a feat that will allow you to add a weapon to your list of monk weapons? for instance, my character will be a monk 2/soulbound weapon psychic warrior 8 with the decisive strike ability. if i wanted to use, say, a greatsword, and would want to use my decisive strike (as i recall, i can only do it with monk weapons), is there a feat out there that would let me do such a thing?

i know that there are feats out there for other weapons, such as different pole-arms, but is there one for the mighty greatsword?

balistafreak
2010-05-06, 11:29 AM
I believe there are some feats that add specific weapons as Monk weapons. I think in Secrets of Sarlona there's a feat that lets you add a reach weapon to your list.

As for adding any old weapon, though, no, I don't think there's a feat for that.

The Cat Goddess
2010-05-06, 12:47 PM
I believe there are some feats that add specific weapons as Monk weapons. I think in Secrets of Sarlona there's a feat that lets you add a reach weapon to your list.

As for adding any old weapon, though, no, I don't think there's a feat for that.

Sarlona has Pole Master (and no, it doesn't require Perform: Dance) to allow Glaive use with Flurry.

Eberron Campaign Setting has Double Steel Strike (for two-bladed sword), Serpent Strike (for longspear) & Whirling Steel Strike (for longsword).

unre9istered
2010-05-06, 01:16 PM
You could always point those feats out to your DM and hope he'll allow a homebrewed one for greatsword. It's hardly overpowered. It's monk after all.

Obi-Juan
2010-05-06, 01:26 PM
There's the Proficiency (Monk Weapons), so why not?