PDA

View Full Version : NeverEnding Dungeon - Titania (Saph)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

NeverEnding DM
2010-05-06, 01:02 PM
The air surrounding you fairly hums with the residue of magic, an aftereffect of the spell that brought you to this place. A quick glance reveals that you are in a small room, devoid of any life save for yourself. The sound of dripping water can be heard faintly, and the stone walls are slick with moisture. In complete defiance of logic, a torch is already lit, resting in a sconce near the room's single door.

Map:{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2||S|
3|||
4|||[/table]

There is a door at C-4, south side.

DM notes:Sheet (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=8488)

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:15 PM
Awesome! Let's get ready to go!

Notes: While waiting for the game to start I swapped out one of Titania's feats for Vital Recovery (page 33 ToB). It allows Titania to heal 4 HP once per encounter when she recovers maneuvers.

theterran
2010-05-06, 01:18 PM
No problem. :smallsmile:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 01:19 PM
Just checking that you're aware that if you treat an inanimate object as an encounter to heal with, the object will attack back for one more damage than you heal. I tried that one myself :smalltongue:

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:20 PM
Titania (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=8488) (for own reference).

http://fireemblemblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/titania.jpg
"Lady of Battles, grant me resource and will."

Titania's readied maneuvers, memorised spells, and active soulmelds are on her character sheet. She is not using Punishing Stance (that won't be activated until battles start).

Titania takes out her 10' pole and pokes the squares in the room leading up to the door, then pokes the door. If nothing happens she will then open it and look outside.

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:21 PM
Just checking that you're aware that if you treat an inanimate object as an encounter to heal with, the object will attack back for one more damage than you heal. I tried that one myself :smalltongue:

That was why I switched out the Martial Spirit stance. I realised that having two stances that I'd want to be both using was counterproductive. Vital Recovery is much more efficient.

theterran
2010-05-06, 01:30 PM
What's the range on your darkvision?

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:31 PM
Sixty feet, standard.

theterran
2010-05-06, 01:32 PM
Nothing happens poking the door, so you step through and into a hallway.
The hallway extends south for 30ft before it "T"s east/west. at 20ft there is a split to the east.

The hallway also extends east further than you can see. at 10ft there is a north/south split, and another at 60ft.

At 30ft east there is a door on the northern side of the hallway.

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:34 PM
Titania: Travel SOP

Titania will use her 10’ pole to poke the floor 10’ in front of her. She’ll put her weight on the pole to test for pressure plates and sweep it around to test for tripwires. She will poke every square that she’s going to occupy. She will not poke the walls or ceiling (after all, she’s not going to be stepping on them).

She’ll also be taking 10 on Move Silently at all times, for a score of 13.

I’m really no good at mapping, so here’s Titania’s navigation method: at every intersection, she’ll turn towards whichever direction looks more interesting. “Interesting” is defined as whichever direction has more visible junctions, doors, or items of interest. If she hits a dead end she’ll turn around and try a route which she hasn’t yet investigated. She’ll use her chalk to mark the walls if she finds herself in danger of getting lost.

If at any point Titania sees a door, she will head towards it and stop when she reaches it.

Outside of battle, Titania will at no point step onto any square of floor that she hasn’t already checked with her 10’ pole.

Since there's a door in sight, Titania will head towards it, quietly poking the floor as she goes.

theterran
2010-05-06, 01:37 PM
Yikes! lol

Moving 10ft and standing in the intersection, you see the hall goes 20ft north before turning east, and 20ft south before turning west. 15ft South is a door on the east side of the hallway.

Also while standing in the intersection, poking with your pole, you discover a pit 10ft east of your position.

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:40 PM
"Discover" as in "the floor drops out?" :smallamused:

Head towards the southern door, poking quietly as I go. If I reach it without incident, look at the door. What's it made of and how does it open?

theterran
2010-05-06, 01:43 PM
Yes, the floor drops out :smallwink:

You reach the door w/o incident. The door is made out of door material :smalleek:, and it opens inward.

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:45 PM
Put away 10' pole, draw ranseur, cast Mage Armour, open door!

(I'm not bothering to search for traps, it's not like I could find them anyway.)

theterran
2010-05-06, 01:47 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2||B|||
3|||H||
4|||||[/table]
There is a door at A-2, which you are just outside of, another at E-4, south side and another at E-3. There is a human wearing a chain shirt and holding a longsword standing behind a beast with patchy dark fur that covers its unhealthy shrunken black skin in some places. Open sores dot its hide and a feral, catlike head glances with it's blank eyes at the wall in front of it.
Initiative:[roll0]

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:48 PM
Initiative! [roll0]

Saph
2010-05-06, 01:51 PM
Titania wins initiative and attacks!

Move to square D1 past the flatfooted beast.
Punishing Stance!
Steel Wind!

Attack vs beast: [roll0] vs flat-footed AC
Damage: [roll1] and [roll2]
Attack vs human: [roll3] vs flat-footed AC
Damage: [roll4] and [roll5]

Edit: Fail. :smallwink:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 01:57 PM
All the doors in the dungeon are 500lb sheets of lead, and slide smoothly into the walls when opened. You can grip them due to indentations in the centre of the door, and yes, it seems likely you could attach a rope or something to open them with.

theterran
2010-05-06, 01:58 PM
The beast goes "poof"

The human steps back to D4, and casts a spell, and a wave of color comes over you.

Need a Will save.

All the doors in the dungeon are 500lb sheets of lead, and slide smoothly into the walls when opened. You can grip them due to indentations in the centre of the door, and yes, it seems likely you could attach a rope or something to open them with.

Oh yea, I had forgotten we had to do that because people were wanting to dismantle the dungeon and make money at the "vending machines" :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 02:03 PM
Actually, the 500lb lead sheets were *why* people wanted to sell the dungeon at the vending machines.

There's a general rule now that the architecture and furniture do not sell for meny, you just get a polite note asking you to avoid causing too much structural damage to the dungeon in the future.

Saph
2010-05-06, 02:04 PM
Just as the cone of colour is about to hit her, Titania vanishes, reappearing out of the cone at B1 or B2. (Immediate action, Abrupt Jaunt. 1 used, 2 remaining.)

She moves to D2, pinning this guy against the wall, then uses Steely Strike!

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] and [roll2]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 02:10 PM
@theterran

The placing of the human and beast is usually in the bottom right hand corner, if they're coming through the A2 door. That lets the caster open the door and 5' step outside.

theterran
2010-05-06, 02:29 PM
TS
I'm DMing this and I can position them how I like :smalltongue:

The human drops dead.

150 XP, Chainshirt, Longsword.

Saph
2010-05-06, 02:36 PM
Titania performs a flourish and recovers her maneuvers!
Victory music plays! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_l4AdtJds&feature=related)
Shift out of Punishing Stance.

(She'll do this after every battle. I won't mention it every time. Well, apart from maybe the victory music.)

Titania heads back out the way she came in and resumes heading towards the door she'd been going towards. If there's a pit in the way (there was, right?) she'll first test the square on the other side with her 10' pole then hop the pit, taking 10 on Jump for a result of 17.

Once she gets to the door she'll open it.

theterran
2010-05-06, 02:38 PM
you hop the pit successfully...

And are standing in front of the door.

Opening the door, it falls on you and does [roll0]

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||L||
4|||||
5|||||[/table]
There are doors at A5 south, which you are outside of, and E1 north.
In the room there is an ugly looking, blue scaled, lizard thing with fire in it's mouth!
Initiative: [roll1]

Saph
2010-05-06, 02:40 PM
Where in the room? Eh, doesn't really matter.

Win initiative: [roll0]

Move into attack position, Punishing Stance, Steely Strike!
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]

theterran
2010-05-06, 02:43 PM
I edited it in...but it didn't matter...

it keels over dead....150XP, Chainmail.

(something I neglected to mention :smallredface:)

When you reached the door to this room, you could see that the hallway turned south at 50ft, and there was a door at the turn on the eastern wall.

Saph
2010-05-06, 02:45 PM
Excellent.

Victory music plays! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB_l4AdtJds&feature=related)

Titania will head out the way she came and head for the next door, checking for pits as before. Once she gets there, she'll open it.

theterran
2010-05-06, 02:49 PM
Stepping out of the door, and touching your pole 10ft in front of you, you trigger a trap.

Flat-foot Touch [roll0]
Acid [roll1]

Moving along.

30ft east of the door, you are standing in a split, the hallway goes north 10ft before turning east, and south 10ft before turning west. 5ft south there is a large blue note card hanging from the wall.

Continuing on the last 20ft, you're standing in front of the door. The hallway goes south for 10ft before turning east again.

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3||||||
4|||1|||
5||||||
6||||||[/table]
There is a door at A-6 west, which you are just outside of, another at E-1 and another at F-4. There is a kobold wearing a chain shirt and holding a short sword.
Initiative:[roll2]

Saph
2010-05-06, 02:50 PM
Hmm. A good Initiative roll would be nice right now.

Initiative: [roll0]

Drat. Looks like he gets the drop on me.

theterran
2010-05-06, 02:56 PM
The kobold moves toward you and as he moves, shadows move about him, somewhat concealing him from your vision.

He strikes at you with his sword.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]

(if both hit)

[roll3]

Saph
2010-05-06, 03:00 PM
Damn, high rolls . . . energy resistance soaks some of that, but I'm still on 3 HP.

5' step back into the corridor and attack with Steely Strike.

Damage: [roll1]

Concealment (high is good for me): [roll2]

Edit: bah. RNG is not on my side.

theterran
2010-05-06, 03:05 PM
Miss

The kobold moves away before coming back to face you, the movement causes the shadows to envelope it again.

he attacks again.

[roll0]

[roll1] + [roll2]

If it hits, make a Fort Save.

OO:
Clinging Shadow Strike

Saph
2010-05-06, 03:07 PM
Hmm . . . so he moved back into the room, then back out into the corridor to stab at me?

In that case, I AoO him with my ranseur as he moves through my threatened area.

Saph
2010-05-06, 03:08 PM
My AoO misses.
His attack misses.
5' step back, and attack with Crusader's Strike!

Concealment (high good for me): [roll2]
If hit, heal: [roll3] HP.

edit: and the 'vortex of suck' continues.

Tanaric
2010-05-06, 03:31 PM
Minor nitpicks because I couldn't find anything better to do with my five minutes of being online:

The doors are actually lead. Thick lead. Heavy lead. Doesn't sell for anything if you somehow manage to carry them off. They slide into the wall, rather than swinging in or out.

Also, Terran/DMs:That kobold has like a +10 tumble modifier, use it! :smalltongue:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 04:18 PM
@Tanaric/DMs

A +8 to tumble still gives a 3/10 chance of an AoO. Which, even with a 20% miss chance, only breaks even with standing still. It's excellent if you're against somebody that sneak attacks, but other than that, it's not that useful. However, moving without tumbling is just silly.

What's more important is that you need to use burning blade alongside shadow blade technique, and distracting ember alongside clinging shadow strike.

The Kobold steps forward as he whips his blade so quickly through the air that it appears wreathed in flame as it strikes:

[roll0] for [roll1] +[roll2] fire damage.

Ok, what is with the 10s?

Saph
2010-05-06, 04:22 PM
Okay, let's try something different.

Titania takes a 5' step back, uses a swift action to recover her maneuvers (gaining 4 HP through Vital Recovery) and then disarms the kobold with her ranseur.

(Disarm rules. (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#disarm))

We make opposed attack rolls. Titania gets +4 from using a two-handed weapon and +2 from using a ranseur. The kobold gets -4 from being Small and -4 from using a light weapon.

[roll0]

Edit: I think that's a success. The shortsword is lying at the kobold's feet. If he picks it up, it's a move action and I get to AoO him.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 04:31 PM
*gasp*

Alternative tactics? In my dungeon no less?

That's....that's just not cricket. It's akin to actually practicing before a game. Hardly sporting, what?

The kobold is confused, and decides to focus his mind before making his next move.

Saph
2010-05-06, 04:33 PM
Was 'focusing' an action? If so, I'll hit him again. :smalltongue:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 04:37 PM
Indeed it was. He's now fairly focused. Make your attack.

Saph
2010-05-06, 04:37 PM
Crusader's Strike!

Saph
2010-05-06, 04:39 PM
HA!

Critical confirm: [roll0]
Extra damage: [roll1]

Regardless of whether that's a hit or miss, Titania heals: [roll2]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 04:42 PM
Bah. Kill+heal.

You can probably get another crusader's strike off on the body if needed. He's dying, but not dead yet.

150XP, short sword, chain shirt, all small.

Saph
2010-05-06, 04:46 PM

I'm on full HP already, so no need for extra hitting. Vital Recovery was a very good choice of feat, I think.

Titania will leave the room the way she came. I don't think I saw any other doors, so let's try heading in the direction of the blue note (using the 10' pole, of course).

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 04:54 PM
5' south of the blue note, the corridor turns west.

20' west, the corridor turns south. There's also a door south after 5'.

What do you do with the note/door/corridor?

Saph
2010-05-06, 04:56 PM
Not reading the note, at least not without detect-magicing it to make sure it doesn't say "I Prepared Explosive Runes This Morning." Titania will head for the door instead, and open it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 04:58 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||1|
4|||||
5||||| [/table]
There is a door at B5, and another at B1. There is an orc in the middle of the room. It holds a Ripper and wears a chainmail, as well as a pair of goggles.

Saph
2010-05-06, 04:59 PM

Saph
2010-05-06, 05:02 PM
Whew, close. Thank the Red Knight for high initiative modifiers.

Titania moves to A2 and casts colour spray at the orc. "Let's see how you like it!" Will save, DC 14.

If he survives that, he'll have to go through my threat range to attack.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 05:04 PM
Huh. This is going to go poorly.

[roll0]

150XP, chainmail, ripper, sundark goggles, and 30gp, 100sp, and a small gemstone.

Saph
2010-05-06, 05:09 PM
CdG!

Pocket the gemstone, the goggles, and the coins. I'll make a trip back for the rest later. I don't even know what a ripper is.

I think I've now opened all the easily visible doors, so I'll poke then open the other door in this room and look outside. If I see another door, I'll head towards it.

If not, I'll repeat the same process with every other door in every other room that I've so far cleared, in no particular order. I'm hoping that eventually I'll spot another door to head towards.

edit: How odd. Coyotecode just lost everything in the 'Other Notes' and 'Private Notes' sections of my char sheet. I'll replace them and start backing the sheet up from now on.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 05:23 PM
ripper = big piercing greatsword. same stats as a greatsword but piercing damage and 30gp.

Out the northern door from the lizard's room you find a new door to your east.

There's a red and white bullseye directly outside the southern door from the caster's room.

Saph
2010-05-06, 05:25 PM
Head for the new door outside the lizard's room and open it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 05:33 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2||C|C|
3||C|C|
4||C|C|
5||||[/table]
The room contains a large chest with a note attached to it’s latch. There are doors at C5, D2 and D1 north.

Saph
2010-05-06, 05:35 PM
Um . . .

Poke everything in room I can reach with my 10' pole.
If I don't find anything, cast Detect Magic and see if the paper is radiating Abjuration [Force].
If still nothing, I'll roll my eyes and read the note.

theterran
2010-05-06, 06:01 PM
ripper = big piercing greatsword. same stats as a greatsword but piercing damage and 30gp.

Actually, they're 55gp...and we're tag teaming huh? :smallsmile:

Works for me.

Saph
2010-05-06, 06:05 PM
Well, I guess you both have the notes, right? :smallamused:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 06:12 PM
“Greater rewards await the patient man, but only a fool waits forever.”

Knowing the players are going to use meta-knowledge is probably the DM's greatest tool at high optimisation. I tend to run horror campaigns for that very reason. Paranoiaaaa.....did you think of everything? Are you suuure?

That said, you detect nothing.

Wha? 55gp? Oops. *retro-actively assigns a lot of people some money*

EDIT: Yeah, I was online for a few hours, so decided to do some speeding up of the people who wanted to DM :smalltongue:

Saph
2010-05-06, 06:17 PM
Hmm.

I'll leave it for the moment and go looking for another room. Open and look out of both the doors in this room.

If no go, I'll retrace my steps back to the north door from the lizard room and try going west. 10' pole, etc etc.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 06:21 PM
out the north door, theres a red and white bullseye on the ground.

no doors in view.

headed west, you find a turning north after 10', pit after 20', turning south after 30', and turnings north at 50' and 60', where the corridor ends.

Thinking about it:

At the the 10' turning, there's a door north and a turning east after 10'.

At the 30' turning, it turns west after 10'

The 50' and 60' corridors turn east after 20' and 30' respectively.

Saph
2010-05-06, 06:26 PM
Do I see any doors on my trip? If not, I'll head back and try taking the exit doors from the chest room, picking whichever direction looks to have more turnings.

Saph
2010-05-06, 06:41 PM
Ah, just saw the edit.

Head for the door, open it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-06, 08:47 PM
Opening the door reveals the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_
1||||||
2||||||
3||||1||
4||||||[/table]
There are doors at A3 and F4 south.
In the room is a gray wrinkled humanoid, crawling low with claws extending from it's hands.

Saph
2010-05-07, 03:26 AM

Saph
2010-05-07, 03:28 AM
Titania steps forward to square F4.
Punishing Stance!
Steely Strike!

Attack: [roll0] vs flat-footed AC.
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2] piercing damage.

edit: Go alpha strike. :)

edit edit: By the way, could I have a map after this battle? I'm starting to have trouble figuring out which direction to go next.

theterran
2010-05-07, 06:03 AM
out the north door, theres a red and white bullseye on the ground.

no doors in view.

headed west, you find a turning north after 10', pit after 20', turning south after 30', and turnings north at 50' and 60', where the corridor ends.

Thinking about it:

At the the 10' turning, there's a door north and a turning east after 10'.

At the 30' turning, it turns west after 10'

The 50' and 60' corridors turn east after 20' and 30' respectively.

Working on a map for you, but this confuses the crap outta me...not really sure where you're describing TS...:smallconfused:

Saph
2010-05-07, 06:09 AM
So did I kill it?

If so, I'll just do the look-outside-the-doors thing and see if I can find mordors.

theterran
2010-05-07, 06:20 AM
Here's your map, as best I can figure.

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7792/saphmap1.th.gif (http://img30.imageshack.us/i/saphmap1.gif/)

Room 16 is where you are. Room 12 is where you started. Room 6 had the guy with the color spray. Room 14 was the Lizard guy. Room 5 was the kobold. Room 4 was the Orc. Room 7 had the chest.

And yes, I believe he's dead....150XP.

Saph
2010-05-07, 06:33 AM
Awesome. I also looked out the doors of all the rooms I've been in, BTW, but it's not that important.

Well, I'll look out the west door of Room 16. If that doesn't reveal any more doors, it looks like the two most obvious directions are north and north-east.

Let's try north. From Room 16, head north along the north-south corridor between rooms 16 and 7. 10' pole as standard. If I see any new doors, I'll head towards them and open them. If I don't see any doors, I'll keep exploring until I do.

theterran
2010-05-07, 06:43 AM
Poking your head out of the west door, you see that the hallway goes 10ft west before turning south, and 10ft north before turning west. Not seeing any doors, you head back to the other door and head. East and north.

Stepping out the door and looking East, you see a Red NoteCard hanging from the wall where the hallway turns north. (I don't think this one was mentioned yet)

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:11 AM
I'm not reading any notes, especially not colour-coded ones. Continue north, searching for a door.

theterran
2010-05-07, 07:23 AM
You're no fun! My curiosity overcame me when I ran this...I read them all! :smallbiggrin:

The hallway goes North for 30ft before ending at an East/West "T".

At 20ft there is a split east, which goes for 30ft before turning south, and at 25ft east is a door on the south side with a red/white bullseye on the floor in front of it.

Reaching the "T", you see that both east and west go 20ft before turning north.

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:25 AM
Door! Go to door, do the 10' pole routine with the bullseye, and if nothing happens open door.

theterran
2010-05-07, 07:38 AM
You open the door, and you're in the Chest room...:smallwink:

(#7 on the map)

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:39 AM
Bah. For future reference, I'm going to leave all doors in all rooms open, just so I don't have this problem again.

Fine, since I'm here, I might as well open the chest. What's inside?

theterran
2010-05-07, 07:43 AM
As you open the chest, you hear a "click"... followed by an explosion. [roll0]

You find 5pp inside.

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:45 AM
Hey! Are you trying to make me even MORE paranoid?

Take the 5pp and return to the T-junction to the north. Explore both directions, looking for doors. Keep exploring until I find a door (that isn't already open. :smallwink:)

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:04 AM
Hey! Are you trying to make me even MORE paranoid?

...No...:smallamused:

Well go east first.

You go east for 20ft, turning north you see the hallway extends for 50ft before turning west. At 30ft there's a door on the west side. You check up to it, finding nothing...

Assuming you open the door:

The room looks like this:

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||G|||
4|||||
5|||||
6|||||[/table]

There is a goblin looking creature in the room. There are doors at E3, which you entered at, A6 West, and A1 North.

[roll0]

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:06 AM

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:07 AM
Titania moves into the room, to square D3.
Punishing Stance!
Steely Strike!

Attack: [roll0] vs AC
Damage: [roll1]+[roll2] piercing

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:10 AM
Hit...

The goblinoid steps back to A3, draws a potion, and chugs it.

OO
[roll0]

Back to you. (Oh, he's wearing studded leather and wielding a scimitar...if it matters)

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:12 AM
Hmph. Fine.

Step forward to square C3, and disarm him.

Opposed attack roll: [roll0]

If Titania succeeds, the scimitar's lying at the goblin's feet. I'll AoO him if he tries to pick it up.

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:15 AM
Opposed Attack roll [roll0]

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:17 AM
His scimitar falls to the ground.

He picks it up. (AoO)

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:17 AM
Goblin is disarmed. His turn.

Pre-emptive AoO if he provokes:

AoO fails. His standard action.

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:21 AM
The goblin seems to ready an action:

OO:
If a hostile action is taken against him, he will 5ft step into Titania and attack

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:25 AM
Hmm . . . he's readying. Let's try something different, then. Titania 5' steps in, then punches the guy with her spiked gauntlet.

Then shift out of Punishing Stance. His turn.

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:27 AM
Your attack triggers his readied action...to attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

And your attack connects..

His turn coming momentarily.

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:28 AM
For his turn, the goblinoid will attack again.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:28 AM
+6 to attack and only +2 to damage? I've no idea where he's getting such a high attack bonus with such a low strength.

His riposte misses, since Titania's now out of Punishing Stance.

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:30 AM
Titania will 5' step back and attempt to stab the guy.

Regular Attack: [roll0] vs AC

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:37 AM
He moves, attacks you, and continues moving to E3.

[roll0]
[roll1]

No AoOs.

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:41 AM
Just barely misses.

Titania's action: Stab.

Damage: [roll1] piercing

Then move back to B3 so that he has to move through my threatened area to attack again.

Edit: Gah, another miss.

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:45 AM
It will move and attack you and continue moving to A1.

[roll0]
[roll1]

No AoOs (assuming I'm reading Spring Attack correctly)

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:47 AM
Ow, that hurt.

Titania strikes back with a Crusader's Strike!

Damage: [roll1] and heal [roll2]

edit: another fail? Really?

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:49 AM
The goblin moves, attacks, and moves again, ending in E4.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:51 AM
Whew, just missed. Mage Armour is saving me.

Titania 5' steps to C2, takes a swift action to recover maneuvers (healing 4 HP), and attacks again!

Edit: Aw, come on.

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:52 AM
The Goblin does another run by, attacking before ending in A1.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:53 AM
Ow! Rrrgh.

Crusader's Strike!

Edit: Oh, for . . . Not done. Taking a move action.

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:56 AM
Move action: Move out into the corridor and then 15' down the corridor. I'm now 40' away from him.

theterran
2010-05-07, 08:59 AM
Did you run north or south?

Regardless, the goblinoid gives chase.

Attacking you, then moving 15ft back next to the door.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:00 AM
South. Wait, this guy can move 60' and still take an attack action?

Well, misses anyway. Step forward, Steely Strike!

edit: good grief.

theterran
2010-05-07, 09:04 AM
Yes, it's got a speed of 60ft.

It'll 5ft step toward you and attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:06 AM
Frustrating. Hits me again.

5' step back, Swift action to recover maneuvers, attack.

Edit: seven misses in a row. This is getting ridiculous.

theterran
2010-05-07, 09:10 AM
got a color spray or anything else prepared? (just trying to help)

he moves to you, attacks then moves away back to the door.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:11 AM
Used my only colour spray. I'm seriously considering running from this fight, though.

But not quite yet. Move up, Crusader's Strike!

Damage: [roll1] and heal for [roll2]

edit: PLEASE say that hits.

theterran
2010-05-07, 09:15 AM
Sorry, your still 2 short :smallfrown:

5ft step into you and attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:17 AM
Titania's critically injured. If this doesn't kill him she'll be running.

5' step back, final Steely Strike.

theterran
2010-05-07, 09:22 AM
The goblinoid is seriously injured, but not quite down...

He moves into you, attacks, then moves back to the doorway.

[roll0]
[roll1]

(crit roll coming)

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:24 AM
I've done this guy a total of 25 damage. How many HP does he HAVE?

Forget the crit roll, as soon as he takes his attack, Titania is using Abrupt Jaunt to teleport away, down the corridor and just around the corner.

theterran
2010-05-07, 09:24 AM
[roll0]
[roll1]

(edit)

He has 16, but the potion he chugged was a Cure Moderate Wounds, which healed him 10...

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:28 AM
Titania's turn: Run. Double move. West along the corridor, then south, then west, then south. That puts me more than 70' away from him and several corners away. Next turn, east into the lizard thing's room, and keep going until I reach the southernmost room.

theterran
2010-05-07, 09:29 AM
The Goblinoid turns the first corner...sees you're not there...and goes back to his room.

You're safe...for the moment...

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:30 AM
Southernmost room. Close doors, drink a potion of Lesser Vigour, recover manuevers, and wait out the 11 rounds. Do I get to fully heal?

theterran
2010-05-07, 09:39 AM
You are able to recover your HP back to full.

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:42 AM
Titania says a quick prayer of thanks, then opens the door and starts very cautiously working her way back the way she came.

I'm going to get a rematch with that damn goblin, but not just yet. Instead I'll go to the chest room, room 7, and this time take the east exit and head east then north around the corner, testing with my pole and ignoring any notes. I'll keep following the corridor and taking turnings until I find a door, at which point I'll open it.

theterran
2010-05-07, 09:47 AM
When you reach the east elbow, you see that the hallway goes 40ft north before turning east.

At 10ft there is a split east
At 20ft there is a split west.

Upon reaching the first split, you see that the hall goes 15ft and ends in a door. At 10ft there is a split north.

(edit) and the goblin has 1 HP, I'd figure you go finish him first...but up to you :smallsmile:

Saph
2010-05-07, 09:48 AM
Open the door. (edit: I'll be back! Just trying somewhere else first.)

theterran
2010-05-07, 10:10 AM
{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2|||
3|||
4|||
5|||
6||1|[/table]
There is a door at A5 and C5.
At 15ft above ground there is a metallic, dog-sized, bug looking construct.
Initiatve: [roll0]

Saph
2010-05-07, 10:11 AM
Titania Initiative: [roll0]

Saph
2010-05-07, 10:15 AM
Okay, let's try this.

Titania moves to B6, takes Punishing Stance directly underneath the creature, grips her ranseur at the end, then jumps straight up and stabs it.

She has 8 feet of vertical reach, plus 10 feet of ranseur, plus the result of this Jump check: [roll0]

Attack (Steely Strike): [roll1] vs flat-foot AC
Damage: [roll2]+[roll3] piercing

theterran
2010-05-07, 10:18 AM
The bug falls off the wall dead....

150XP.

(edit) technically, I guess it would be disabled (or innate)...since I'm thinking it can't technically die...since it might not be alive...

regardless...it poses no threat and you get the XP..

Saph
2010-05-07, 10:23 AM

Now that Titania's confidence has been restored, she's ready for a rematch with the goblin. "All right, Mr. Spring Attack. I'll be ready for you this time."

Titania heads back in the direction of the goblin's room.

Since she remembers seeing two other doors in the room, she's going to quietly circle around so as to enter the goblin's room from the door in the south-west wall, just in case he's waiting with his sights trained on the east door.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 10:59 AM
There's a coloured note on the way to the other door.

{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3|||||
4|||1||
5|||||
6|||||[/table]
There is a door at A-6 west, another at A-1 North, and another at E-3, which you are just outside of. You see a nearly 7' tall, horned hobgoblin-esque creature, wearing studded leather, and wielding a scimitar.

Saph
2010-05-07, 11:00 AM

Edit: :smallannoyed: This guy is driving me nuts.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 11:05 AM
Steering wheel down your pants?

Spring attack [roll0] for [roll1] and if 18-20: [roll2] for [roll3].

He then moves back to where he started.

Saph
2010-05-07, 11:07 AM
Step forward to A6, attack with Steely Strike.

Edit: HA! :smallbiggrin:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 11:10 AM
150XP, masterworked scimitar, and masterworked studded leather.

He is, unfortunately, completely dead. No crusader's striking dying bodies this time.

Saph
2010-05-07, 11:12 AM
Eh, I don't think that works anyway. Crusader's Strike says that the target has to be some sort of immediate threat.

However . . .

Titania levels up! Titania is now level 2!

I'll level up in Totemist on one side of the gestalt, and Wizard on the other. Unfortunately I don't get to use my new soulmelds straightaway, but I do get a point of essentia to put into my Rageclaws.

Updating character sheet. :smallsmile:

edit: How are we doing HP? High average or low?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 11:21 AM
low? :smallconfused:

Average past L1, rounding halves down for the total (but you gain the extra each odd level)

Your victory music is broken, btw :smallwink:

Saph
2010-05-07, 11:24 AM
Your victory music is broken, btw :smallwink:

Aha, so you have been listening to it. :smallwink:

Saph
2010-05-07, 11:35 AM
Character sheet is updated! Link here. (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=8488)

Spells gained on wizard level up: Enlarge Person, Unseen Servant.
Gained 1 essentia, which is shifted into Rageclaws.

Other than that, no changes of note. I won't be able to benefit from my new spell slots and soulmelds until I rest.

Saph
2010-05-07, 01:31 PM
Level up completed. Hmm, which way shall I go now?

Feeling on top of the world, Titania decides to go back and search around the room where she fought the flying-dog-bug-construct thing. She will retrace her steps to that room, open the other door (to the east) and look out.

If she doesn't see anything she will instead go out the west door, then head north/west/northwest as possible, looking for new doors to open.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 01:34 PM
Fairy nuff.

Where to now?

Saph
2010-05-07, 01:34 PM
See above. :smalltongue:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 02:10 PM
Nothing too exciting.

I have the urge to make you a map, I think.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6663/nedmapsaph.jpg (http://img718.imageshack.us/i/nedmapsaph.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Saph
2010-05-07, 02:23 PM
Thanks, that helps a lot.

Hmm . . . Okay, I'll go to the T-junction just above and to the left of Room 11. Then I'll go east, following the left-hand wall (ie whenever there's a junction, turn left). I'll keep going until I find a door or until the corridor loops back on itself.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 02:31 PM
On the way, as you poke the square ahead of you, you trigger a blob of acid.

[roll0] vs flatfooted touch for [roll1] acid damage.

Ok. You follow the bolded path.

At the junction, you can see 30' east, where the corridor turns south. There's a turning north at 20'

You travel 10' north, 10' west, turn north and find a pit, get over the pit easily, turn east (you went 10' north by hopping the pit), go 10' east, ignore a notecard, go 10' north, and you can see that 20' to your west, the corridor turns south. 40' east, it also turns south..

You hop a pit straight away, and there's a door on the eastern wall 20' south of the turning.

Saph
2010-05-07, 02:31 PM
Acid traps, grumble grumble.

Open door.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 02:35 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2||||S
3||||
[/table]
You see three demon squirrels on the wall at +5, +10, and +15 respectively.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Saph
2010-05-07, 02:36 PM
Ahh! Demon squirrels!

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 02:40 PM
The demon was added after the line 'you see three squirrels' was deemed not worrying enough.

The room is plunged into darkness.

Saph
2010-05-07, 02:43 PM
I attack the darkness!

Steel Wind, targeting squares B2 and B3.

Misschance (1 misses) [roll2]
Attack: [roll3] vs AC
Damage: [roll4]
Misschance (1 misses) [roll5]

Do I hit anything?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 02:46 PM
The darkness attacks back for 2dd20

You hear the squirrels chittering...almost as if they're laughing at you.

Saph
2010-05-07, 02:49 PM
Move action: Listen check to pinpoint the chittering! [roll0]
Swift action: Recover maneuvers.
Standard action: Attack whichever square sounds most squirrelly. If I can't find one, aim randomly.

Attack: [roll1] vs AC
Damage: [roll2]
Misschance (1 misses) [roll3]

Then 5' step north.

edit: Oh, just realised something. If retraining times are waived, does that mean I could retrain something on my level up, while still in the dungeon? Or do I have to wait until between battles, like in the Arena?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 04:12 PM
Oh, sorry, hadn't realised that you had entered the darkness.

[roll0] damage, and fort save or 1 str damage.

Saph
2010-05-07, 04:15 PM
Actually, I hadn't. I'm still outside the room, taking shots with my ranseur. I'll tell you if/when I enter.

Do the squirrels come out and attack me?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 04:16 PM
EDIT: No, nevermind.

Saph
2010-05-07, 04:19 PM
In that case, I take another step north, and ready an action to attack any demonic four-footed creature that comes out of the room and into my attack range.

If they don't come out immediately, I'll wait ten rounds, still with a readied action.

"Shhh, be wery wery quiet. I'm hunting sqwirrels."

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 04:23 PM
You hear maniacal chittering from within the room. No sign of any movement, though.

Saph
2010-05-07, 04:26 PM
Drat. I don't like the idea of fighting demonic squirrels in the dark.

I'll probably have to come back here eventually, but for now I'll just slam the door to keep them there. Damn squirrels. Maybe if I wait a while the darkness will be gone when I come back.

So on the retraining thing, when does it take place? Now, or between levels? If I can do it now, I'd like to retrain Martial Study: Crusader's Strike for Martial Study: Shadow Blade Technique.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 05:24 PM
You can do that now.

*tries to figure out why*

The squirrels chitter as if to mock you for cowardice.

Saph
2010-05-07, 05:28 PM
I learnt a few lessons from that fight with the hobgoblin, and realised Crusader's Strike isn't the best maneuver for Titania.

Take 5 minutes to change maneuvers, then retrace my steps all the way back to Room 15. Then I'll leave through the north exit and head north, looking for a door.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 06:56 PM
At the junction, you see that the corridor west goes 10' before turning north.

Saph
2010-05-07, 06:59 PM
Go north, and keep on going north until I find a door, making turns as necessary.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 07:05 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||| [/table]
There are doors at A3 west and E3 east. You're just outside E3.
A string of 4 notes hangs in the center of the room.

This is highly entertaining. You and Olo are doing things in COMPLETELY opposite ways. It's amusing.

You're much further along, but you've posted a lot more.

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:07 PM
Olo? Do you mean Phoenix?

Don't read the notes. Go to the door in A3 and open it, looking for more doors.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 07:16 PM
Yeah, I did. I was just reading one of Olo's ToS matches, and confused myself. :smallconfused:

there's a door directly opposite you.

{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2|||
3||L|
4|||
5|||C [/table]
There is a door at A-2, and another at C1 east. There is a large lever with a bright red handle in the center of the room. There is a cake in the southeast corner of the room, on a tray bolted to the floor, with frosting reading something. . A note attached to the wall above the cake reads something else.

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:20 PM
Phoenix and I have different styles. He goes more for trying to make a character that's invincible by being unbeatable at one thing, while I go more for generalists. :smallwink:

Anyway, yet another room with "PS - This Is A Trap" written in the subtitles. Test room with 10' pole, then go through tested squares to the door on the opposite side, open it, then continue exploring, looking for a room that contains something OTHER than traps.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 07:22 PM
Opening the door reveals a red and white bullseye on the ground outside.

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:23 PM
Poke it with pole, step around it if possible or on it if not, head for nearest door or nearest turning if no visible door.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 07:25 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||2||
3|||||
4|||1||
5|||||[/table]
Around a fire are sitting 2 humans. A better look reveals one of them to be an elf and the other has another set of sharp teeth. Elf is #2. They have equipment. You like equipment, don’t you? There is a door at A5 south, E5 south and D1. You're at D1.
[roll1]]

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:26 PM

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:28 PM
Hah. Their initiative is high, mine is higher. :smallcool:

Titania moves forward to E3 and attacks!
Punishing Stance!
Steel Wind!

Attack vs Elf: [roll0] vs flat-footed AC
Attack vs Toothy: [roll3] vs flat-footed AC
Damage: [roll4]+[roll5] piercing

Edit: Every time I use Steel Wind I get epic fail. *sigh*

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 07:35 PM
Yeah, but they now have to stand within your reach.

both are wearing studded leather, and the elf appears to have a longsword, while the toothy one has a rapier and a crossbow, neither in hand, and what seems to be better-quality studded leather.

Which one do you AoO?

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:37 PM
A longsword doesn't sound all that dangerous. I'll AoO the toothy one.

AoO: [roll0] vs AC

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:38 PM
Woo! Crit threat!

Confirm: [roll0]
Bonus damage on hit: [roll1]

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 07:39 PM
*splat*

The other steps closer and attacks.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:41 PM
Punch with spiked gauntlet, using Shadow Blade Technique.

Attack 1: [roll0] vs AC
Attack 1: [roll1] vs AC
If both hit, deal an additional [roll4] cold.

If that doesn't drop him, tumble past him: [roll5] and past the dead guy so that the elf has to cross my threatened area to hit me. Square A4 should do it.

Saph
2010-05-07, 07:43 PM
Messed up the damage roll, sorry. It should be only: [roll0]+[roll1].

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 08:22 PM
More than enough, regardless.

150XP, masterworked studded leather, studded leather, longsword, rapier, light crossbow with 20 bolts.

Saph
2010-05-07, 08:27 PM
Excellent.

Victory music plays! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tbddRS8lQ&feature=related)

Okay, I'm at full HP. I guess there's no point in putting it off any longer. I'll read the note in the cake room, then go and read the notes in the note-filled room, fully expecting at least one of them to explode.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-07, 08:46 PM
There is a cake in the southeast corner of the room, on a tray bolted to the floor, with frosting reading “This Is Your Reward For Pulling The Lever; Eat Me Once You Do” in common. A note attached to the wall above the cake reads “The Cake Is A Lie. The Room Is A Trap.” in common. Note is visible.

Notes room:

A string of notes hangs from the ceiling in the center of the room. In order, they read: “Fools rush in where angels dare not tread”, and “The follies of youth are best left behind”, and “See reverse side for care instructions” and on the reverse side “There is a reward in this room. The next note says where.” and “KABOOM!” [roll0] force damage.
The ceiling falls away (Reflex DC 15 to avoid falling bricks, [roll1] bludgeoning damage on fail) and a hay-stuffed sack containing two potions falls to the ground.

Saph
2010-05-08, 04:06 AM
@£$%. I knew it.

Reflex: [roll0]

And what, we're in the Aperture Science Laboratories now? Never mind. I'm not touching that lever, and there's no WAY I'm eating that cake. If it doesn't explode in my face it'll probably summon a balor or something.

Take the potions, then open all the doors in the note room, the cake room, and the room with Elf+Toothy, and look outside each one, searching for another door.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-08, 07:52 AM
That's a healthy level of paranoia, I think.

{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2|||
3||1|
4|||
5|||
6|||[/table]
There is a door at A-1 west, B-1, and another at C-1 east. You found all of these, you can pick one to enter.
There is a gnome sized figure with a white dragon’s head, ivory scales and short swords standing in the room

Saph
2010-05-08, 08:00 AM

Saph
2010-05-08, 08:03 AM
Titania moves forward and attacks!
Punishing Stance!
Steely Strike!

Saph
2010-05-08, 07:30 PM
. . . does it hit?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-08, 07:34 PM
Pain.

*checks MM IV for the HP*

Still up.

It moves closer, and full-attacks.

[roll0] for [roll1]
[roll2] for [roll3]
[roll4] for [roll5]

If any crit threat: (19-20)

[roll6] for [roll7]
[roll8] for [roll9]
[roll10] for [roll11]

Saph
2010-05-08, 07:36 PM
Miss, miss, scratch.

Step back, Shadow Blade Technique.

Then shift out of Punishing Stance.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-08, 07:38 PM
Dead.

150XP, 2 short swords, 4 darts, all small.

Saph
2010-05-08, 07:44 PM
Victory music plays! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tbddRS8lQ&feature=related)

Titania will open all the doors in this room and all the rooms she's been to, and poke her head out to look in both directions, searching for any sign of another door. If she sees one, she'll open it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-08, 07:56 PM
I'ma make you a map.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-08, 08:31 PM
Also, you should have gotten a gaudy noble's outfit from the second spellcaster. 1/2 normal noble's outfit price.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4562/nedmapsaph2.jpg (http://img710.imageshack.us/i/nedmapsaph2.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Saph
2010-05-08, 08:37 PM
Nice.

Well, I'm making good progress. Three obvious directions to go: northwest, northeast, and southwest corner.

I'll try northwest first. Starting from the north door in room #3, follow the left-hand wall and keep going until I find a new door or until I loop round in a circle. 10' poling as standard, hop any pits.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-08, 08:55 PM
Acid trap:

[roll0] vs flatfooted touch for [roll1]

it loops around to the corridor west of room 8. you do not connect from there to the corridor east of room 8.

Saph
2010-05-09, 03:36 AM
I'm starting to notice a pattern here.

That crosses off northwest. Take the corridor east of Room #8 and head north, following the left-hand wall again until I either find a door or it loops round to a place I've already been.

Saph
2010-05-09, 09:42 AM
Oh, and I might as well try to identify the potions too.

DC is 25:

identify potion 1: [roll0]
identify potion 2: [roll1]

Edit: One success, one fail. After that, Titania will take the corridor, working her way northeast.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 05:54 PM
Well, they both seem identical, so you only need one roll...which was a success. They're Cure Light Wounds.

Saph
2010-05-10, 05:58 PM
Hey, not poison! Yay!

Take the corridor east of Room #8 and head north, following the left-hand wall again until I either find a door or it loops round to a place I've already been.

Did the test go OK?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 06:26 PM
Was supervision work, not a test. And having not slept for 2 nights straight in order to get a reasonable amount of work done, I fell asleep 2 hours before the supervision. I LOVE exam term :smallfurious:

twisty corridor, you end up headed south, ending in a short 15' corridor east.

next to you, there's a door south.
at the eastern end, there's a door east, with a red and white bullseye right in front of it. Doesn't seem like you can just step around this one, though you might be able to jump over it.

Saph
2010-05-10, 06:44 PM
Open the door south.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 06:47 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_
1|||
2|||
3||B|
4|||
5|||
[/table]

There is a door at C1 North, which you are standing just outside of.
Large red button on a raised stone table in the center of the room. Button reads “PUSH ME” in large white letters, written in common.

[/admiral ackbar]

Saph
2010-05-10, 06:50 PM
http://frankthetank.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/admiral-ackbar.jpg

I'll head east, poke the bullseye, put my toe onto the bullseye, then if nothing happens, step onto it and open the door.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 07:25 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_
1|||||
2|||||
3||||1|
4|||||
5|||||
6||||| [/table]
There is a door at A-3, and another at A-5, E5 and D6. There is a metallic humanoid standing in the room looking at you.

Saph
2010-05-10, 07:26 PM

Saph
2010-05-10, 07:27 PM
Move to B3.
Punishing Stance!
Shadow Blade Technique!

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 07:33 PM
O_o.

It breaks. 150XP.

Saph
2010-05-10, 07:35 PM

Titania will open all the doors and look out of them, looking for the next room.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 07:58 PM
You find...the Magic Mart and the exit.

The machines here will buy anything at half book price, sell anything at book price, and identify anything for 100gp. You can also purchase a Detect X on something for 1gp. (Though I doubt that a detect secret doors will help on any item you put in.)

One you go through the exit, you will have as much time as you need to prepare for the next floor, but you must purchase food/water if you intend to stay for longer than one night (crafters). You will not be able to return to this floor. This room is not safe to rest in, the room through the exit is.

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:08 PM
Woohoo! Almost there!

Now it's time to go finish off the rooms I missed. Titania will buy a scroll of Ebon Eyes at CL 1 for 25 gp, then retrace her steps back to the squirrel room for a rematch with the demon squirrels.

Once she reaches the squirrel room, she'll throw open the door. Is the darkness still there?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 08:23 PM
{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_
1||||
2||||S
3||||
[/table]
You see three demon squirrels on the wall at +5, +10, and +15 respectively.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:24 PM
Okay, should be able to beat that. Initiative: [roll0]

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:26 PM
Move forward to B2 and attack the lower squirrel with Shadow Blade Technique!

If both hit, deal an additional [roll3] cold.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 08:34 PM
That's a kill..

The next squirrel fills the room with darkness. Take [roll0] damage and make a fort save or take 1 str damage.

The next squirrel does the same thing, the darkness slightly overlapping into the corridor this time.

Take [roll1] damage and make a fort save or take 1 str damage.

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:36 PM
Yikes. They can stack them?

Fort save 1: [roll0]
Fort save 2: [roll1]

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:38 PM
Damn. I'm pretty sure that's two failures.

Also, I just realised that I should have cast the Ebon Eyes scroll before moving into the darkness.

All right - move out of the room out of the darkness, drawing my scroll as part of a move action, then cast Ebon Eyes as a standard action. Squirrels' turn.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 08:42 PM
Surprisingly, yeah. They do nothing more to the lighting, but the damage effect applies again.

Both saves fail, unfortunately.

The first squirrel will move nearer the door, and cast more darkness, this time spilling out into the corridor.

Take [roll0] damage and make a fort save or take 1 str damage.

The next squirrel will move towards you, and attack (I think you get an AoO.)

[roll1] for 1 damage.

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:44 PM
Gah! These squirrels are more dangerous than the last two enemies put together!

Fort save: [roll0]

AoO against first squirrel: [roll1] vs AC

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:47 PM
Okay, I think I got the second one, but I've got a feeling I might have failed a save yet again.

Move closer to the third squirrel, and attack with Steely Strike!

Attack: [roll0] vs AC (take off 1 if that last save failed)
Damage: [roll1] (take off 2 if that last save failed)

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 08:47 PM
Cconf:

[roll0] for an extra 1 damage.

EDIT: you kill one, and pass a save.

The next one tries to attack you:

d20+6 for 1.

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:48 PM
That would hit, but I think I AoOed him before he got into range.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 08:51 PM
[roll0] for 1.

Saph
2010-05-10, 08:53 PM
Hit again. That's 3d6+1 damage! These things are lethal!

Swift action, recover maneuvers. Standard action, attack!

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 09:03 PM
Miss.

More biting.

[roll0] for 1.

Saph
2010-05-10, 09:05 PM
Shadow Blade Technique with spiked gauntlet. Die squirrel!

If both hit, deal an additional [roll3] cold.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-10, 09:25 PM
Kill.

150XP.

Saph
2010-05-11, 04:05 AM
And the squirrels bite the dust.

Okay, I think that's me done for the level. With that Strength damage, I'd rather not face any more encounters if I can help it. I was thinking of messing around with the cake room and the button room, but I think now that it'd just be asking for trouble.

Titania will backtrack and go to each room one after another, collecting the equipment from the enemies she's killed and putting it into one of her sacks: armour suits, weapons, the lot. A lot of it is heavy, so I expect I'll have to make several trips. Along the way I'll give the rooms a brief search just to make sure there's nothing obvious visible.

I won't go into the cake room or the button room, but I'll go into all the other rooms, including the squirrel room once the darkness has cleared.

I'll also take a quick glance around down all the corridors to see if there are any rooms I've missed, but I won't step on any squares I haven't stepped on already.

Once I've collected everything and I'm satisfied there's nothing valuable left around that's easily visible, I'll pile everything into the vending machines and sell it.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 04:26 AM
Ok, you get all the loot you already have, and you now get the good part of the squirrels. No less than three shadow nuggets are on the floor when the darkness wears off in half an hour. Each sells for 500gp. Aren't I nice :smalltongue:

Saph
2010-05-11, 04:30 AM
Woo! Awesome! That's puts me right up to WBL and then some! Actually makes getting strength-damaged worth it. :smallbiggrin:

I think I've got the sell prices for all my loot. The one thing I need a price on is the Small Gemstone that the orc was carrying - how much is that worth?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 04:39 AM
only 10gp, I'm afraid.

EDIT: Also, the toothy guy was wearing a gaudy noble's outfit. I forgot, just saw it looking for what I gave you for the orc.

Saph
2010-05-11, 05:01 AM
Okay, here's my selling log. Sell price listed in GP.

Chain Shirt
= 50 Running Total: 50
Longsword
= 7.5 Running Total: 57.5
Chainmail
= 75 Running Total: 132.5
Small Chain Shirt
= 50 Running Total: 182.5
Small Shortsword
= 5 Running Total: 187.5
Chainmail
= 75 Running Total: 262.5
Ripper
= 27.5 Running Total: 290
Sundark Goggles
= 5 Running Total: 295
30 gp
= 30 Running Total: 320
100 sp
= 10 Running Total: 330
Gemstone
= 10 Running Total: 340
5pp
= 50 Running Total: 390
MW scimitar
= 157.5 Running Total: 547.5
MW studded leather
= 87.5 Running Total: 635
MW studded leather
= 87.5 Running Total: 722.5
Studded leather
= 12.5 Running Total: 735
Longsword
= 7.5 Running Total: 742.5
Rapier
= 10 Running Total: 752.5
2 shortswords
= 10 Running Total: 762.5
4 darts
= 1 Running Total: 763.5
Gaudy noble's outfit
= 18.75 Running Total: 772.25
3 shadow nuggets
= 1500 Running Total: 2272.25

Total treasure gained = 2272.25 gp

-25 gp for Scroll of Ebon Eyes
+10 gp for starting leftover gold

Floor 1 Final Stats

Equipment Gained = Light crossbow and bolts, 2 potions CLW
Equipment Lost = Potion of Lesser Vigor
Final profit at end of floor = 2257.25 gp

. . . Not bad at all. Nearly all of it from the squirrels, though.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 08:11 AM
Seems correct.

Saph
2010-05-11, 08:39 AM
Okay, deciding on my purchases, then.

Two questions:

1) Are partially charged wands okay? I wanted to get a couple of wands with 20 charges each.

2) How much does it cost for me to get a new spell for my spellbook?

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 08:42 AM
Yes, and standard cost.

Saph
2010-05-11, 08:44 AM
Yes, and standard cost.

Well, standard cost involves paying 50 x spell level gp to another spellcaster to copy the spell . . .

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 08:50 AM
The machine spits out detailed instructions for the same price. Or something like that :smalltongue:

(I do try and make things fair for the classes...Wizards need access to more spells, in general, Artificiers need crafting time, etc...I do my best to allow it all. This leads to some odd mechanisms, but hey :smallbiggrin:)

Saph
2010-05-11, 08:55 AM
Great. That's all the info I'll need then.

I'll submit a purchase list in a while: it'll probably take some time, since I'll try and load up on just about everything I might need for the next floor.

And since I've cleared the first floor (at least, I assume I have - I'm not going back, anyway) I'm willing to start helping out as DM, if you'd like. If you send me the notes for the first floor I'll start reading through them. I've got my final GDL exam coming up in the next few weeks, so I've got limited time available, but starting in early June I'll be free to help out more fully.

Oh, and by the way, by my count that took me 5 days to clear the floor. What's the speed-run record? :smalltongue:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 09:21 AM
Well, Ikeren is probably the closest behind you, he took 6 days. (7 if you count shopping).

The speed-run record (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142101) is currently held by an 'Android 4 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=182373)', which was run by some dude called term1nally s1ck.

Under 4 days from thread creation, and under 2 days for the third life which was the one that succeeded. (I played suicidally. I ate the cake. Without checking for traps. And without casting my memorised detect poison. And rolled two natural ones on the fort save.)

Yeah, he was broken. SO much fun, though. And the mental image is awesome.

I'll PM you the details on DMing.

theterran
2010-05-11, 09:25 AM
Congratz on clearing floor 1 Saph!

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 09:43 AM
Oh, there might be one person that counts as the winner for the speed-run...one person used an abuse of DMM: Heighten Spell. They just got put in at floor 2 with max XP and gold. This was before my time..

Plus, I don't think Android 4 actually bothered to finish the floor 100%, though it was more than within his capability. He was purely to qualify me to start afresh on floor 2, and DM floor 1, as Tanaric's comp had just gone kaboom, iirc.

Saph
2010-05-11, 09:44 AM
Well, Ikeren is probably the closest behind you, he took 6 days. (7 if you count shopping).

The speed-run record (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142101) is currently held by an 'Android 4 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=182373)', which was run by some dude called term1nally s1ck.

Under 4 days from thread creation, and under 2 days for the third life which was the one that succeeded. (I played suicidally. I ate the cake. Without checking for traps. And without casting my memorised detect poison. And rolled two natural ones on the fort save.)

Heh. You went with the Mario build, I see. Well, I guess I'll have to be content with holding the record for an actually-played speedrun without deaths. :smallwink:

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 10:04 AM
Nope. Found the winner. TEAM, played by Aldgar. Under 24 hours, and under 100 posts to complete the floor. No deaths. First player to complete floor 4, is waiting for Floor 5 (and has been for a long time)

Saph
2010-05-11, 10:05 AM
Aww. Oh well, I'll go back to deciding on my purchases.

Saph
2010-05-11, 04:51 PM
Okay, here's Titania's purchase list.

530 - Darkwood MW Ranseur w/Wand Chamber
300 - Wand Nerveskitter (20 charges, from Spell Compendium)
300 - Wand Fist of Stone (20 charges, from Spell Compendium)
300 - Wand Shield (20 charges)
200 - MW Tools for Concentration, Spellcraft, Tumble, Jump
100 - Scrolls Mage Armour x2, Magic Weapon x2
100 - Scrolls Unseen Servant x4
150 - Potions Lesser Vigour x3
50 - Potion Faith Healing (Red Knight)
50 - Scrolls Comp Lang, Endure Elements
50 - Scrolls Obsc Mist, Prot Evil
50 - Antitoxin
20 - Collapsible Pole (Dungeonscape)
20 - Alchemist’s Fire
10 - Silk Rope
10 - Trail Bars (Complete Scoundrel pg 111)
10 - Clearwater Tablets (Complete Scoundrel pg 111)
5 - Tindertwigs
2 - Inside Pocket x2 (Complete Scoundrel pg 108)
1 - Potion Belt, 1 lb (FRCS pg 96)
2 - Marbles x2 (FRCS pg 96)
0.1 - 200 lb of firewood
0.2 - Sack x2

Total cost: 2260

After making a few gold from getting her old ranseur upgraded, selling off her old rope, pole, and two miscellaneous items (1 torch and 1 oil), and eating her trail rations, Titania's left with exactly 2 gp.

Having rested and healed up, she shapes the following soulmelds in preparation for the next adventuring day: Rageclaws, Blink Shirt, and Dragon Mantle. She prepares a new set of spells, listed on her character sheet (http://www.coyotecode.net/profiler/view.php?id=8488).

Titania is now ready to enter Level 2.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-11, 11:31 PM
Had to check what on earth an inside pocket is, but the rest is fine. Stepping on the teleported knocks you unconscious.

You come to in the following room:{table]|A_|B_|C_|D_|E_|F_|G_|H_
1|x|x|||||x|x
2|x|||||||x
3||||||||
4||||||||
5||||||||
6|x|||||||x
7|x|x|||||x|x[/table]

There is a door at D-1, and another at D-7. There are vending machines in the room, with a notice that you can use these precisely once.

Saph
2010-05-12, 05:13 AM
Titania says a quick prayer, and gets ready to begin.

First she casts Mage Armour, then she uses a scroll and summons Bob, the Unseen Servant! Bob will now be a near-constant companion.

Bob goes south and opens the door at D-7.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-12, 06:11 AM
The south door reveals a 15-foot wide corridor, flooded with murky water. It runs south for fifty feet before ending in a sandy beach that continues for another thirty feet, ending in a door. 15ft down the hall there is a 15ft wide corridor splitting towards the east.

Saph
2010-05-12, 06:16 AM
Hmm. That's a change from last level.

Bob the Unseen Servant will drag the 100 lb. sack of firewood ahead of Titania, while she watches from cover, then pushes it into the water. Just as well wood floats. (This is my new method of trap detection. I've decided it's an improvement on the 10' pole.)

If nothing happens, Titania will approach the water's edge and test it with her pole. If she still can't detect any sign of danger, then we're going swimming.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-12, 06:36 AM
Nothing scary happens, but you have no idea how deep the water might be.

Saph
2010-05-12, 06:37 AM
Looks like I'm going swimming, then. Titania will ready her ranseur and start swimming towards the beach, keeping a wary eye out for attackers. Take 10 on Swim checks for a result of 15.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-12, 06:40 AM
Shockingly, you don't get to the beach.

A creature charges you from the side-passage.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Initiative: [roll2]

Saph
2010-05-12, 06:47 AM
There's a surprise. Attack hits.

Win initiative: [roll0]

Bob the Unseen Servant continues transporting the firewood towards the beach.

Titania shifts 1 essentia into her blink shirt, and teleports 20 feet towards the beach, then readies her ranseur. If the creature follows her it's going to eat an AoO.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-12, 07:29 AM
It does indeed follow. In fact, it charges.

[roll0] for [roll1]

Saph
2010-05-12, 07:33 AM
Damn. That hurt.

AoO: [roll0]

Titania readies an action. Trigger: Creature attacks her.

On activation:
Titania activates her Blink Shirt again and teleports 20' away from the attack and up onto the beach.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-12, 07:58 AM
The creature starts to full-attack, and you blink away.

It gnashes it's teeth at you.

Saph
2010-05-12, 08:01 AM
Titania stands on the beach, shifts into Punishing Stance, and challenges the creature. "Bring it, you half-witted bottom-feeding plague-ridden boil on a kobold's backside!"

Readied action if the creature attacks:
5-step out of its attack range, and Shadow Blade Technique the bugger.

term1nally s1ck
2010-05-12, 09:09 AM
It swims towards you, and out of sight. It seems to be underwater, just next to the sand. It doesn't look like the water gradually drops off, it seems to be more of a cliff.

You ready yourself for it to climb out...and nothing emerges.

Saph
2010-05-12, 09:12 AM
Continue readying.