PDA

View Full Version : Civilization V (5): Pre-Order is up!

mikeejimbo
2010-05-06, 01:35 PM
I just pre-ordered Civ V on Steam. The Deluxe Edition.

Lonely Island has a song that expresses my reaction.

Crispy Dave
2010-05-06, 08:25 PM
Didn't even know it was coming until I read that It was up on bluesnews. I'm very interested now.

On a sidenote, that trailer has some of the best animation I've ever seen.

Person_Man
2010-05-07, 09:01 AM
I love the Civ series. But I'll wait a year for the "Game of th Year" addition with the 30 extra sceneries for free, instead of paying $60 + $30 + $30 for them like I did with Civ 4.

Amarsir
2010-05-07, 09:12 AM
Wow, I had no idea. When Civ4 came out I took a long weekend and didn't sleep any of it, barely even conscious of the passage of time. By expansion time I was far less enthused, but that's about as addicted as I've ever been to a game.

The thing is, quality skips around a bit. Civ3 wasn't so great. Alpha Centuri was, and desperately needs a sequel. But hey I'll probably give this a shot. Meier is pretty much the alpha and omega of TBS.

Flickerdart
2010-05-07, 09:35 AM
Funny. I prefer Civ III to all the other ones.

mikeejimbo
2010-05-07, 02:18 PM
For me it was Civ4 > Civ3 > Civ2 (And never did play Civ1). So I'm pretty hopeful that Civ5 will be awesome (for me, at least).

Vorpal word
2010-05-07, 02:44 PM
For me it was Civ4 > Civ3 > Civ2 (And never did play Civ1). So I'm pretty hopeful that Civ5 will be awesome (for me, at least).

I'll agree with that, but for some strange reason Civ 4 doesn't run properly on my computer (it worked for a month, then stopped mysteriously), so I'm more used to Civ 3 (and don't have the older ones).

Civ 5? Would get it without hesitation, but I don't want another repeat of last time. My current computer is a Vista Premium with 3 GB RAM and two 140 GB or so hard drives. Could there be a problem there? It's weakest "ranking" is 3...

Joran
2010-05-07, 04:01 PM
The Complete Edition of Civilization IV is on sale on Steam for $10.

It includes both expansions and Colonization.

Well, there goes sleep.

Vitruviansquid
2010-05-07, 04:12 PM
Even if I do have the fullest confidence that Civ V is going to be a good game, I find this pre-order hard to swallow. I'm paying full price for the game and getting some bonus maps... whereas if I waited until some expansions have been released and there's a gold edition, maybe I'll pay something like 1/3 price and then get Civ 5 and an expansion or two.

Personally, I'll be buying this game once it's aged a little. :smallcool:

Martok
2010-05-08, 02:33 AM
I was looking forward to Civ V until it was announced it was going to require Steam to install/run. :smallfurious: Stupid 2K Games; I hope they go bankrupt now.

trmptfnfr
2010-05-08, 02:39 AM
I'll be waiting, I need to know whether or not they fixed the AI in votes.
Yes, that is my biggest issue.

Aragehaor
2010-05-08, 02:48 AM
I was looking forward to Civ V until it was announced it was going to require Steam to install/run. :smallfurious: Stupid 2K Games; I hope they go bankrupt now.
Out of curiousity,
whats wrong with steam? :smallconfused: I havent had(Or heard of) any difficulty with them and they often have good sales.