PDA

View Full Version : Sequels you despertly want

Gamerlord
2010-05-06, 01:35 PM
What continuations of a series do you desperately want?

I have a list:

I want a Space Empires VI
I want a Republic commando II
I want a Fallout Tactics II

Comet
2010-05-06, 01:44 PM
A continuation of Loom, which was promised to us a long time ago but never quite came through, could have the potential to be the most epic thing in the history of adventure gaming.

Jahkaivah
2010-05-06, 01:59 PM
An Evil Genius sequel, one that takes a page out of Dwarf Fortress when it comes to base building.

Erloas
2010-05-06, 01:59 PM
Fallout 2....

I would really like to see the MechWarrior franchise really come back. Though it doesn't, and probably shouldn't, have to be in the form of a sequel. I know it is in the works, I just hope it actually makes it to release in a fully realized manner.

I would really like to see another Privateer game. But the whole space sim genre is all but dead. And what bits are still alive are either straight action games or more of economy/world building focused. Though if they got X4 out that would be pretty good too. X3 was good, it just had too much micromanagement and steep learning curve. Freelancer was too railroading and seemed way too easy with a mouse&keyboard setup, no powersliding (or did it just require a key-holding instead of doing it all the time... forget its been a while and semi-realistic space movement in general) and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of variety in ships, just a linear progression of always better.

A throwback to the comical Sierra action/puzzle games could be good too.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-06, 02:08 PM
Freedom Force 3!

I want that game, and I want it now! What are you busy with, Irrational? I want my Freedom Force!

TheEmerged
2010-05-06, 02:24 PM
Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor 2. The original ended on a cliffhanger and felt like there was one more stage than they could fit in before deadline. I'd *love* to play this on a modern machine with modern graphics.

Dragon Wars 2. Another obscure one, but another one where I'd settle for being able to play the original game with upgrade graphics. One of the earliest PC/Windows party-RPG games where there were more than one way to solve problems and your decisions affected the world...

Lord of Magic 2. Another obscure one, blah blah blah... I think some other games could have benefitted from its turn-based-strategy/real-time-tactics model.

Wizardry 9. Because.

Rollory
2010-05-06, 02:25 PM
Star Control 3

thegurullamen
2010-05-06, 02:34 PM
Eternal Darkness 2
Half Life 2: E3
Katamari Damacy X (where X is however long it takes to get us a very heavily detailed katamari.)
GTA V
GTA: San Andreas 2
Saints Row 3
Guitar Hero: RHCP

Thankfully, half of those are planned and in development.

Avilan the Grey
2010-05-06, 02:42 PM
Freedom Force III
Planescape: <insert name of sequel here> II
Roller Coaster Tycoon IV
Sim City V

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-06, 02:45 PM
You know what I really want to hear again?

Agents are... GO!!!

Elite Beat Agents 2, all the way.

Oregano
2010-05-06, 02:59 PM
The World Begins With You
New Legacy of Kain
New FF: Crystal Chronicles game(inevitable I'd say)
DQ Swords 2 with Motionplus!

Mando Knight
2010-05-06, 02:59 PM
I'd like Bleach: Versus Crusade to be localized outside Japan (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoExportForYou)...

I mean, I could get it, but imports always cost more and I'd run a small but real risk of bricking my Wii to de-region it...

Isak
2010-05-06, 03:13 PM
Freelancer.

Freelancer was a GREAT game... Even though it was barely finished. Yes, there was a LOT of reused dialogues. And going into new space stations was almost always the same exact experience. But flying around in different ships... Trading, pirating; Exploring wrecks, searching through those massive ice and debris fields... Yes; There needs to be a Freelancer sequel. Badly.

I'd also be quite happy with a second Jade Empire, as well as a third KOTOR. :smalltongue:

Rhydeble
2010-05-06, 03:16 PM
A sequal to the elder scrolls series that goes back to how morrowind was.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-06, 03:16 PM
Oh, I completely forgot about my overwhelming desire for Jade Empire 2.

Mostly because I want Freedom Force 3 so badly, it overwhelms all my other sequel desires.

Though I would also be fine with Folklore 2, Metal Gear Solid 5, The Longest Journey 3, God of War 4 and Onimusha 5.

Rappy
2010-05-06, 03:38 PM
I'd love to see an Age of Mythology 2, but alas, that won't happen.

AlterForm
2010-05-06, 03:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing what Camelot has done with Golden Sun 3 at E3 this year.

mikeejimbo
2010-05-06, 03:44 PM
Civilization VI, now that Civilization V has been announced.

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-05-06, 03:46 PM
Looking forward to seeing what Camelot has done with Golden Sun 3 at E3 this year.

Good god. Thanks for reminding me that it's actually going to happen.

Rustic Dude
2010-05-06, 03:47 PM
Rome: Total War 2

The new Sonic 2D game, in progress.

A proper Imperium Galactica 3 (not pseudo-sequels! :smallfurious:)

Mechwarrior 3015 (on the works....they say)

and Tzar 2

Breltar
2010-05-06, 03:49 PM
X-Wing series

Republic Commando

They have a mechwarrior sequel in the works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw

Winterwind
2010-05-06, 03:50 PM
A revival of some of the great adventure games from times long past:
Maniac Mansion 3 / Day of the Tentacle 2
Beneath a Steel Sky 2

And for something not quite as old:
Master of Orion 4

Dancing_Zephyr
2010-05-06, 03:51 PM
Drakengard.

Rustic Dude
2010-05-06, 03:54 PM
X-Wing series

Republic Commando

They have a mechwarrior sequel in the works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orhOvbfyyJw

They say :smalltongue:

Cespenar
2010-05-06, 04:00 PM
Longest Journey 3 or Dreamfall Chapters or what the hell they are going to name the new game. Come on already!

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-06, 04:04 PM
Yay! People that share my love of games like Freedom Force and The Longest Journey!

*hugs Cespenar and Avilan*

Brother Oni
2010-05-06, 04:14 PM
Drakengard.

Do you mean this Drakengard (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drakengard), as there's already a sequel and a rumoured Drakengard 3 in development.

I think there's another RPG game by the same name, but my google skills are weak at the moment.

Personally, my vote is for a Burning Rangers sequel - here's hoping that Sega does something with their new system...

Morty
2010-05-06, 04:24 PM
I think I'd like to see Age of Wonders 3. I've seen an idea on this forum that it should be done in Total War style and I think it'd be cool.

Shpadoinkle
2010-05-06, 04:44 PM
A River City Ransom 2 would be awesome.

Forbiddenwar
2010-05-06, 04:47 PM
[quote=Oregano;8443619]
New Legacy of Kain
[\quote]

YES!
Also, Sid Meirs Alpha Centari 2- civilization in space

And there is hope, after 12 years Starcraft's sequel is coming out in July!

Inhuman Bot
2010-05-06, 04:48 PM
Assuming they weren't cheap cash-in games.

Warcraft IV, yes I know of WoW, and I do like it.
The world ends with you
the Mother Series
Iji
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde
HeroCore

That's all I can think of offhand.

Oregano
2010-05-06, 05:09 PM
Drakengard.

The same development team from Square Enix and Cavia recently released Nier. It's not Drakengard but might be worth checking out.

Cristo Meyers
2010-05-06, 05:47 PM
I want a Space Empires VI

Only if they take out all the extra crap from V that made the game almost worthless.

I've never seen a bigger step backwards in a game franchise than Space Empires V...

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-06, 06:01 PM
the Mother Series

No luck there, most likely. Itoi (or whatever his name was) is done with it as far as I know, and has given permission to fans to make their own games. This (http://mother4.dcmsoftware.net/) seems to be the most promising.

Ogremindes
2010-05-06, 06:21 PM
I want to see Persona 2 done in the same vein as Persona PSP. Or even better, brought to the DS.

Toastkart
2010-05-06, 06:28 PM
Kotor 3. An actual kotor 3. What I'd actually like to see is Bioware and Obsidian team up and do it together, but I'd settle for either one, with a slight preference for Obsidian.

Republic Commando 2, as others have mentioned.

Mech Commander 3 would be a nice change of pace. MC gold was nice. MC2 had better graphics but crappier logistics and gameplay comparatively.

Starfleet Command 4. I can dream, can't I?

Neverwinter Nights 3. So long as they come up with a better story and a less resource hungry engine.

Guild Wars 2. Maybe next year.

Final Fantasy Tactics 2. No advanced. I'd prefer the same style, both graphics and game play, just updated and with the same quality of storytelling.

Fri
2010-05-06, 06:47 PM
Megaman Legends 3 goddamnit Megaman Legends 3!

Inhuman Bot
2010-05-06, 06:52 PM
No luck there, most likely. Itoi (or whatever his name was) is done with it as far as I know, and has given permission to fans to make their own games. This (http://mother4.dcmsoftware.net/) seems to be the most promising.

I know. So? :smallconfused:

Tavar
2010-05-06, 06:53 PM
Only if they take out all the extra crap from V that made the game almost worthless.

I've never seen a bigger step backwards in a game franchise than Space Empires V...
Master's of Orion III?

Cristo Meyers
2010-05-06, 06:56 PM
Master's of Orion III?

Never had the displeasure, so I couldn't comment.

Trazoi
2010-05-06, 07:02 PM
Off the top of my head:

Freedom Force 3 (agree with everyone mentioning this!)
System Shock 3
Little Big Adventure 3
Magic Carpet 3
A new Quest for Glory would be nice too, although I never played QfG 5.

Edit: Also a sequel to Psychonauts would be great.

Raistlin1040
2010-05-06, 07:04 PM
Brutal Legend II
Nightcaster II (This is pure nostalgia, since I cannot remember for the life of me if the original was actually any good. I also realize it actually exists. Wish I could get a copy...)
Bauldur's Gate III
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time II (Majora's Mask was good, but I loved the style and story of Ocarina of Time so much more)

MrPig
2010-05-06, 07:34 PM
+1 for Freelancer. Sacrifice 2, or a remake with current gen engine would be awesome.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 2. But one could only dream ...

CrimsonAngel
2010-05-06, 07:39 PM
Guildwars 2. It's so shiny... :smalleek:

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-06, 07:40 PM
I know. So? :smallconfused:

...you make a very good point, I have no idea what I was thinking. :smallconfused:

Cogwheel
2010-05-06, 07:45 PM
New Legacy of Kain

This.

Of course, with Tony Jay dead and the writer having gone elsewhere... well, probably best not to.

Also, a new Sacrifice game would be neat.

AlterForm
2010-05-06, 07:45 PM
Guildwars 2. It's so shiny... :smalleek:

+1 to this. Eagerly awaiting its release.

Kane
2010-05-06, 08:00 PM
Where to start, where to start...

A Toys For Bob Star Control III.

Fallout Tactics II.

X-Com: It'd be nice, but it would have to be absolutely perfect to be any form of improvement (or even comparable) to the first one. (Not going to happen.)

Command and Conquer: Renegade. Yes. It was cheesy. It was horrible. It was bad. But I liked it. I don't know why.

System Shock 3. (Hell, they could just redo SS1 with a playable UI, and better graphics! And, No. Bioshock doesn't count.)

More, but darned if I can think of them.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-05-06, 08:07 PM
Age of Mythology 2
Neverwinter Nights 3
Dragon Age 2
Jade Empire 2
Knights of the Old Republic 3 (And none of that MMO crap!)
Fallout 4

Zevox
2010-05-06, 08:28 PM
Lets see here...

For games that are already in production:
- Golden Sun DS
- Sonic the Hedgehog 4
- Dragon Quest 9 and 10
- Mass Effect 3
- Dragon Age 2
- The new Wii Zelda.
- Starcraft 2 (but my computer probably can't handle it as-is... *sigh*)
- Batman: Arkham Asylum 2

For games that will probably exist:
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 5
- Super Smash Brothers: <insert subtitle here>.
- More Fire Emblem.
- More Advance Wars.

For games which may not ever be:
- Eternal Darkness 2.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3.
- Sonic Chronicles 2.
- More Star Fox (for the Wii, preferably).
- More Ogre Battle.

Just off the top of my head.

Zevox

Katana_Geldar
2010-05-06, 08:34 PM
I don't understand why they won't give us KOTOR 3. While the MMO does look rather good, I don't play MMOs. I good game for me is like a good book, you want to keep going back to it and discovering new things even though a lot of it is familiar.

Mr._Blinky
2010-05-06, 08:35 PM
Glad so many people have already mentioned Republic Commando 2, that was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread title.

Myatar_Panwar
2010-05-06, 08:38 PM
The Darkness 2
A true Mount and Blade sequel (warband is more of an expansion)
Team Fortress 3
Half life 3 (f yo episodes, give me a full game!)
Red Faction: Guerrilla 2
A higher budget Penumbra title

I don't understand why they won't give us KOTOR 3. While the MMO does look rather good, I don't play MMOs. I good game for me is like a good book, you want to keep going back to it and discovering new things even though a lot of it is familiar.

Dude.

That is an MMO.

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-05-06, 08:45 PM
I have to disagree. MMOs have to be constantly mutable to keep the playerbase interested. I think they're referring to going back to the same thing, with nothing changed between playthroughs, and still discovering things you didn't notice the first time around.

warty goblin
2010-05-06, 09:12 PM
Hmm, an interesting question. I question the right of sequels past number four to exist, and even the third game's iffy.

However there is nothing iffy about the prospect of a second Republic Commando game. It is indeed a burning symbol of truth in these benighted times, like unto a gaming Messiah whose increasingly unlikely return will deliver us from the unceasing tide of 'near future' shooters set in the same damn desert and featuring the same paranoid American fantasy plot as the last one.

I also desperately want the Witcher 2. Yes I know it's coming out, that's why I desperately want it; every translated Polish preview and bootlegged camera-phone video I've seen of it makes the game appear to be truly exceptional, and quite daring in concept and execution.

Even though it would be No. 4 in the series, I cannot help but feel that another Age of Wonders game would be a good thing. Either that or they release Shadow Magic on gog.com/digital distribution channel of your choice (although if your choice isn't gog, I question your sanity and taste). Then I would no longer be tempted to hack up $50 for a used copy of a seven year old game on amazon.com

On a similar note, another Draken game, or a remake of the first, would be bloody brilliant with modern technology. Draken: Order of Flame had dragon riding that felt as natural and right as horseback riding in Mount and Blade, and offered a genuinely attractive approach to fantasy gaming. None of that RPG stuff, just deadly, twitchy and delightfully violent core of pure wartok slaying, cave exploring and dragon riding goodness. As long as they don't screw it over with cover systems and regenerating health and finishing moves and all that other stuff that would just bloat the design. Also, I can't make the original run.

Katana_Geldar
2010-05-06, 09:14 PM
I have to disagree. MMOs have to be constantly mutable to keep the playerbase interested. I think they're referring to going back to the same thing, with nothing changed between playthroughs, and still discovering things you didn't notice the first time around.

That is exactly what I am referring to. It's why I still play the original 8bit Monkey Island, for instance.

Tavar
2010-05-06, 09:23 PM
I'd like a sequel to Rise of Legends. Sure, the first's story and acting aren't anything to write home about, but that just means it'll be easier to improve them. And the graphics, well, I've played more recent games with worse graphics, and at least it will run on my computer. The real draw to me is the gameplay system, though. I remember playing the demo, lord, was it 5 years ago? Anyways, it was fun. And fast. Units had varies abilities and uses, but you don't have to be clicking icons every couple of seconds to make sure that they use them. And the dual-nature of the base building was fun. Heros seemed nice and balanced for the most part, though some are rather too powerful(make you're entire army invincible!). And the best thing, it's fantasy, but Elves need not apply. Instead you get Steampunk Leonardo Da Vinci, Mystical Arabs a la Arabian Nights, and Robotic Aztecs from Space. You can still get the demo free, too.

Katana_Geldar
2010-05-06, 09:32 PM
Here's another: Diablo 3

Best part? It's actually coming!

Lord Raziere
2010-05-06, 09:58 PM
Knights of the Old Republic 3 (that is NOT an MMO! :smallannoyed:)
as someone already said: The World Begins with You.
Paper Mario 4.
Super Smash Bros. 4

Lord of the Helms
2010-05-06, 09:58 PM
Planescape: <insert name of sequel here> II

This wins, since, well, Planescape >> everything that isn't Baldur's Gate or Deus Ex.

Oh, I completely forgot about my overwhelming desire for Jade Empire 2.

Also an outstanding candidate.

Personally, i cannot stress my desire for another No One Lives Forever gameenough, it is the most outrageously fun and funny campy 60s spy game ever devised.

Also, a successor to Vampire: Bloodlines (whether The Masquerade or The Requiem) would amaze me, since it was the most fun RPG of the new Millennium (though Mass Effect II is really closing in on it now).

Last, XIII absolutely needs a sequel, both because it was one of the most distinctive shooters out there and because, well, the ending is a massive cliffhanger.

I also desperately want the Witcher 2. Yes I know it's coming out, that's why I desperately want it; every translated Polish preview and bootlegged camera-phone video I've seen of it makes the game appear to be truly exceptional, and quite daring in concept and execution.

It does seem to be one of the more interesting games in development. I just hope I can still enjoy it, right now I feel as if Mass Effect 2 is going to ruin every other story-based RPG except possibly Dragon Age for me with its insane awesomeness at everything.

Cute_Riolu
2010-05-06, 10:08 PM
As three people already mentioned, TWEWY. <3 that game. :D

Archpaladin Zousha
2010-05-06, 10:17 PM
It does seem to be one of the more interesting games in development. I just hope I can still enjoy it, right now I feel as if Mass Effect 2 is going to ruin every other story-based RPG except possibly Dragon Age for me with its insane awesomeness at everything.
What do you mean?

Lord of the Helms
2010-05-06, 11:09 PM
What do you mean?
The game is so brilliant at gameplay and especially storytelling and conversations that I fear most future games will not be able to live up to this standard and seem pale and boring by comparison. Y'know, sort of like how I thought Neverwinter Nights 2 and Drakensang were nice games and all, but there was always the lingering feeling of them being merely a pale shadow compared to Baldur's Gate II , or how Morrowind and Oblivion, while no doubt decently crafted worlds, felt dull and lifeless next to the Gothic I and II.

I may be wrong, of course; I doubted a game could live up to the feel provided by Deus Ex, but Vampire: Bloodlines proved me dead wrong.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-06, 11:11 PM
Well, Mass Effect 2 is an awesome game. In fact, it would be the best game Bioware produced if it weren't for MDK 2 (in my opinion, of course). While it might not be the best RPG ever (I still prefer Fallout and Fallout 2 to every other RPG I've played ever), it is good enough that most RPGs will pale in comparison.

Of course, it might be because I'm addicted to the goddamn game.

Platinum_Mongoose
2010-05-07, 12:36 AM
I don't think I'd want a sequel to Planescape: Torment, simply because I can't picture what a continuation of that storyline could possibly be. But, once upon a time, passing mention was made of a Dak'kon spinoff. I would sacrifice a thousand screaming kittens to see such a game realized.

Deca
2010-05-07, 04:50 AM
I demand MOAR Bioshock, Super Smash Bros and Pokemon. Those are about the only video games I actually play.

Scorpionica
2010-05-07, 04:55 AM
An actual sequel to Starsiege: Tribes, or Tribes 2. One where you could play alongside 127 others, with better physics and more user created content. Graphics don't matter much.

Eldan
2010-05-07, 04:55 AM
Star Control 3

This.

And one my biggest dreams for years was Morrowind 2. As a strategy game where horde of fanatical Dunmer daedra worshippers united under the Nerevarine tears apart the empire.

Oh, and more Planescape games wouldn't have to be direct continuations of the story. The planes are infinite. Take a few of the concepts, set it somewhere else in the setting, make a new story and new characters. Just as long as they are as good. Which they probably won't manage, ever.

Shadowleaf
2010-05-07, 05:05 AM
A sequel to Final Fantasy 6. As in, a continuation of the story - the characters were simply too awesome not to want to experience again.

Ogremindes
2010-05-07, 05:59 AM
A sequel to Final Fantasy 6. As in, a continuation of the story - the characters were simply too awesome not to want to experience again.

I dunno. Picking up the thread again after a good ending can really suck. Case in point 'The Answer' from Persona 3 FES.

James the Dark
2010-05-07, 06:32 AM
I've got two on my wishlist:

First, Parasite Eve 3. If I had a crack at it, it wouldn't be Aya you were playing, it'd be Eve. It's starts with her in university, when weird **** starts to go down. Golems in the Quad, NMC rats crashing dinner at the Caf, and so forth. Slowly, she starts rediscovering the abilities she was cloned from Aya in order to replicate. Would have a RE4 style inventory, with certain enemies having vulnerabilities to certain weapons (ie, early Golems would be very vulnerable to being stabbed, but almost impervious to bullets). The game tracks 'morality' secretly, keeping track of how often you do bastardly things or turn into 'Parasite Eve', which would be some sort of Limit Break form. Be bad, you have to kill your sister and destroy humanity at the end. Be good, you unlock 'Liberation Eve', similar to Aya's PE1 Liberate ability, and save the human race from the new Parasite Eve, who is in this case, Aya. Yup, Aya dies either way. But it would be good, because there'd be a story behind it.

Second, Metroid. Now, sure, there's Metroid: Other M coming out, but as before, it's not MY sequal. The Metroid I dreamed up would start returning from a rescue mission when she gets sidetracked by Space Pirate indications. When she lands, she has a full range of power ups (no bag of spilling... yet), and makes mince-meat of her opponents. Until, that is, she finds what brought her here was actually one of the Chozo, who aren't as dead as she was lead to believe. It turns her technology against her, and she needs to abandon her armor suit and build a new one herself in order to fight back. Voiced by Jennifer Hale, of course, who is 70% Renegade Shepard, 30% the 9th Doctor when dealing with the Daleks, and 100% Samus. Would also bring into game-canon the existences of Grey Voice and Old Bird.

But I do set my sights a bit high, don't I?

Bouregard
2010-05-07, 07:53 AM
Dungeon Keeper III

JediSoth
2010-05-07, 08:07 AM
Most of the ones I desperately want have already been mentioned (new Planescape RPG, KotOR non-MMO sequel, Half-Life 2 Episode 3), but I was really looking forward to Duke Nukem Forever.

Of course, that vaporware was so long in the vaporization, the franchise probably just needs a reboot rather than a continuation.

A Fallout 3/Morrowind-style Star Wars RPG would totally rock my socks as well, especially if it used something like Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy's lightsaber combat.

Serenity
2010-05-07, 08:17 AM
A new version of Alpha Centauri, with expanded tech, updated graphics a la Civ 4, and a better program for making Custom Factions.

Morty
2010-05-07, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I forgot about Witcher II, mostly because it's actually coming out. I don't know much about it, though, because not only am I unlikely to be able to afford it, but my computer is also unlikely to be able to run it. But timed dialogues and choices carrying over from the first game are both very interesting. I just hope importing a save with the Neutral path chosen will differ from simply starting a new game.

Snowstorm
2010-05-07, 08:44 AM
I want a Masters of Magic II. :(

Forbiddenwar
2010-05-07, 09:09 AM
I've got two on my wishlist:

First, Parasite Eve 3.

God, How could I miss that? That goes to the top of my list

ObadiahtheSlim
2010-05-07, 09:28 AM
Half-life episode 3.

warty goblin
2010-05-07, 09:31 AM
Yeah, I forgot about Witcher II, mostly because it's actually coming out. I don't know much about it, though, because not only am I unlikely to be able to afford it, but my computer is also unlikely to be able to run it. But timed dialogues and choices carrying over from the first game are both very interesting. I just hope importing a save with the Neutral path chosen will differ from simply starting a new game.

I have not heard about importing saves, in fact I'm fairly sure I've heard the opposite. That's fine with really, it always struck me as a bit of a gimmick. On the other hand apparently at the beginning of the game you pick from one of three options, which changes the entire main quest sequence, what ending you get, what dialog options you have, and so forth. Apparently NPC death is permanent as well.

Also, somebody is finally making an RPG with a custom built engine that doesn't require loads for interior spaces, and supports the player climbing obstacles. No more will I be defeated by stupid little rail fences!

Morty
2010-05-07, 09:35 AM
I have not heard about importing saves, in fact I'm fairly sure I've heard the opposite. That's fine with really, it always struck me as a bit of a gimmick. On the other hand apparently at the beginning of the game you pick from one of three options, which changes the entire main quest sequence, what ending you get, what dialog options you have, and so forth. Apparently NPC death is permanent as well.

Also, somebody is finally making an RPG with a custom built engine that doesn't require loads for interior spaces, and supports the player climbing obstacles. No more will I be defeated by stupid little rail fences!

I've heard that if you import a save from The Witcher, you get the gear you managed to get in the first game, but all of your decisions from the first game weigh on you which might for example make some people refuse to talk to you. It's been some time though and maybe it was just a rumor. I'm fine with both options, really.
I'm also happy about the support for climbing, because the arbitrariness of barriers in the first game - sometimes they were indeed fences like in the first act - irritated be somewhat.

Dark Faun
2010-05-07, 09:39 AM
As always, Arcanum 2: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura and Giants 2: Citizen Kabuto. Only if they match or surpass the original games' quality, that is.

Folytopo
2010-05-07, 12:09 PM
I would totally second Arcanum because it needs a sequel more so then several other games mentioned here. The reason being is that many of the games mentioned like star control or jade empire are good games and a sequel might simply spoil the magic or not live up to the great game that was. Arcanum on the other hand could easily be improved upon.

Arcanum had some very creative elements and the technology/magic opposition was very interesting combined with a variety of out of combat skills and very deep character customization. The problem was that the main plot is linear in the sense that many of the quests only have only solution. For example you need an object off a character who aggro's on sight and the area is well lit so only dedicated thieves with no combat skills could steal it from him at the level the quest is supposed to be done at. You also get experince for hitting enemies so have fun leveling up a character that lets his buddies to the heavy hitting. Speaking of NPC allies they are incredibly dumb. The healer will automatically heal you with a salve that heals over 30 hp when you have taken only 5 damage. That is annoying when you are in a dungeon and are out of healing half way through. Finally your companions cannot use learned schematics so, for example you tech healer, Jayne cannot make some of the best healing items in the game so you need to cover certain skills from the outset in order to have a good group. The other problem is that many of the skills are traps, sometimes the ingredients for making the item are very hard to find. One time I tried a gunslinger and it was incredibly difficult until I went online and found out there was a way to make bullets. I had been buying them and they ate all my money. Finally you do not receive enough skill points to do more than maybe one trick well. All these problems detract from the game and would be fixable. That is why arcanum truly deserves a sequel.

Lord of the Helms
2010-05-07, 12:13 PM
I've heard that if you import a save from The Witcher, you get the gear you managed to get in the first game, but all of your decisions from the first game weigh on you which might for example make some people refuse to talk to you. It's been some time though and maybe it was just a rumor. I'm fine with both options, really.

Well, they may have been taking notes on Mass Effect 2: Why It's So Awesome :smalltongue:. It'd be really cool, especially since The Witcher was pretty good at making many of your decisions matter in-game, so carrying the decisions you made in the first game and carrying them over into the second one (which faction you sided with, which NPCs you helped and which ones you killed etc) would be a fairly logical conclusion. Really, the save-importing in Mass Effect 2 reminded me of a more extreme version of the Witcher's delayed decision effects: Get to see what consequences your actions had, not merely in the short-term later in the game, but in fact in the long term in the sequel.

Triaxx
2010-05-07, 01:18 PM
There won't be an X4, but they are making another space game in the X-verse.

You did have to hold a key to powerslide in Freelancer, but it was much more fun with the story turned off.

Yes to Fallout Tactics 2, and where's GalCiv 3?

Martok
2010-05-08, 02:44 AM
1.) Birth of the Federation 2 (which will almost certainly never happen)

2.) Galactic Civilizations 3 (will almost definitely happen at some point, but not for at least several years)

3.) Lords of the Realm 4 (not sure about the likelihood of this one, since Sierra has closed up shop)

Master's of Orion III?

Be glad of that. That game was an absolute train wreck.

I can think of very few PC titles that were a more spectacular failure or a bigger letdown than MOO3. Oh, the pain.... :smallfrown:

I want a Masters of Magic II. :(
Have you checked out Elemental: War of Magic (http://www.elementalgame.com/) yet? While obviously not a true sequel, Stardock (the developer/publisher) has cited the original MOM as one of the game's primary inspirations.

T.G. Oskar
2010-05-08, 03:08 AM

Well, while I might grow with that idea, I'd actually prefer a prequel. Final Fantasy VI: War of the Magi would be an awesome game, since what was spoken from the War of the Magi was very, very, very, very little and I feel the story would have potential. I mean, what must have happened a thousand years ago in the game to raze the land into virtual nothingness, that forced the Espers to leave and that heralded an advance of technology?

Though, if they give a good explanation of how Magic manages to exist despite apparently being a force, an energy that completely and absolutely violates the laws of Thermodynamics...

A sequel I really, really, really am waiting for (and that would provoke me to go to the Atlus NA office in pure, undiluted nerdrage if they don't bring it to America) is Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 3. I'm a bit angry that they're only bringing the OG Saga games (though, I'm half-happy that they've decided to remake Masoukishin: the Lord of Elemental), but haven't advanced the in-company crossover any further. There are several games that haven't crossed over into the continuum (specifically: SRW D, SRW J, SRW K, SRW Z, SRW Alpha 2 and 3, SRW Neo), and several characters that are still missing. Not to mention a lot of loose ends.

I know someone mentioned FF: Crystal Chronicles. I wholeheartedly disagree with the proposal. FF:CC has had a very generous run, but it's far too weird for my taste. However, what irks me is that the games absorb all the attention of Mr. Akitoshi Kawazu, therefore neglecting a series of games that I would really LOVE to see a sequel from. That is the Romancing SaGa series; specifically, I would love to see a sequel or even a truly advanced remake of SaGa Frontier, which is one of the few games I truly enjoy in its totality. Being a fan of cyberpunk and magic/technology coexistence, the fact that the stories are short and a bit to the point but the character growth system was almost unparalleled drove me in. However, if they can do a sequel to that game, it would be awesome. Alternatively, a sequel that's closer in spirit to the story of Romancing SaGa 3 or SaGa Frontier (and for the love of all that's good and sacred, nothing like Unlimited Saga!! ...Well, at least in terms of that insane slot-machine system). Oh, and...more Ito and less Hamauzu.

As well, as someone else said: either a real Final Fantasy Tactics or a sequel to Ogre Battle. Tactics Ogre left too many questions open, Ogre Battle 64 closed the arc that began with the first Ogre Battle, and the final conclusion basically never reached fruition. Now with Matsuno out of Squeenix, and the latter having the rights to Ogre Battle, we might never see the light of day on that one. And while I like the character building system of FFTA, I'd love to see a story with such depth and intrigue as the Ogre Battle, FFT, or even the Vagrant Story game.

Another one I'd love: PE3. Though, I'd have to see whether The Third Birthday is just as good, and not so PE2 in execution. Squeenix really needs to work with that survival horror RPG, which it attempted with The Game with No Name (which, IIRC, never crossed the Pacific; I wonder why?). I mean, Parasite Eve pretty much could compete with Resident Evil and Silent Hill in almost equal terms (except that instead of being normal and facing the supernatural, you faced the supernatural with MAGIC!)

A sequel to Wizardry, done in the US (or Canada, take your pick). Japan has embraced the dungeon crawler RPG genre with renewed enthusiasm, but this side of the world practically shunned it. Sometimes, all you need is a good, old-school delve with little story and lots of grinding. Alternatively, someone who actually translates some of the Wizardry games from Japan; we lost Summoner because Atlus was not generous enough to pass it here.

Rowsen
2010-05-08, 06:10 AM
Henry Hatsworth 2

And a Caslevainia that is back to the Castlevainia 4 style rather than Metroid with Dracula and Medusa Heads.
I don't hate the newer ones, they just don't feel different enough to Metroid.

Tome
2010-05-08, 06:31 AM
The World Ends With You

Planescape

Mass Effect <- Oh wait, it's actually happening. Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Morty
2010-05-08, 09:04 AM
I second a sequel to Arcanum, now that I've been reminded of it. The first game had some great ideas but not everything was well-executed.
Firstly, I'd like to see better combat. Sorry, but if you do include unavoidable combat in your game then at least make it good. Combat system in Arcanum was an awkward, badly animated mess.
Secondly, the Magic vs. Technology theme plays a big part in the plot, but we don't see that much of it on the mechanics side.
Thirdly, game balance. Mages are much more powerful than technologists. Also, melee weapons are actually stronger than guns, which is absurd and directly contradicts what we're told by characters in the game about knights being massacred by commoners with guns. And I don't really think balancing melee weapons and bows with guns is necessary or desirable in the setting as presented.

Cogwheel
2010-05-08, 09:30 AM
I second a sequel to Arcanum, now that I've been reminded of it. The first game had some great ideas but not everything was well-executed.
Firstly, I'd like to see better combat. Sorry, but if you do include unavoidable combat in your game then at least make it good. Combat system in Arcanum was an awkward, badly animated mess.
Secondly, the Magic vs. Technology theme plays a big part in the plot, but we don't see that much of it on the mechanics side.
Thirdly, game balance. Mages are much more powerful than technologists. Also, melee weapons are actually stronger than guns, which is absurd and directly contradicts what we're told by characters in the game about knights being massacred by commoners with guns. And I don't really think balancing melee weapons and bows with guns is necessary or desirable in the setting as presented.

Mages were better? What game were you playing? I tried a mage and got slaughtered, while my dwarf with platemail and a pyro axe might as well have had god mode turned on.

Morty
2010-05-08, 09:42 AM
Mages were better? What game were you playing? I tried a mage and got slaughtered, while my dwarf with platemail and a pyro axe might as well have had god mode turned on.

A mage using Harm and the Force line of spells is overpowered. And it's not only what people on the boards say, I've played one myself and the game was indeed a piece of cake.

Divayth Fyr
2010-05-08, 09:49 AM
A mage using Harm and the Force line of spells is overpowered. And it's not only what people on the boards say, I've played one myself and the game was indeed a piece of cake.

Seconded - disintegrate dealing 18-36k of damage (I think only the endboss is resistant) makes combat far, far too easy.

And the Teleportation spell makes life much easier (or at least saves you a lot of time)

AlterForm
2010-05-08, 09:50 AM
I demand MOAR Bioshock, Super Smash Bros and Pokemon. Those are about the only video games I actually play.

Ask and ye shall receive (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Black_and_White_Versions). (Unless you've already heard about those...in which case, I don't think Nintendo will ever stop milking that cash-miltank.)

Half-life episode 3.

(Insert uncomfortable laughter here)

. . .

:smallfrown:

Tao the Ninja
2010-05-08, 01:07 PM
I wants my Portal 2!!!

Lord Raziere
2010-05-08, 01:45 PM
there are a few people wanting a TWEWY sequel, what would it be like?

personally I think we should see more of the Angels, starting with them firing Joshua for his irresponsible handling of the recent Reaper's Game and depowering him back down to a normal human then kicking him back out into the RG, in his teenager form for most irony.
then I think the Angels would either resurrect the Composer that came before Joshua or appoint a new one, but Minamimoto would come and kill that guy, become Composer and start breaking UG rules even more by figuring out a way to attack the RG and sending out an army of Noise to takeover Shibuya in the RG, along with Taboo Noise to hunt down Neku and his friends plus Joshua.

Now meanwhile Joshua can already foresee what is going to happen and tries to warn Neku and his gang but they don't believe him, the RG gets attacked, and things start to devolve into chaos from there.

I think half the gameplay should be centered around Joshua being paired up with either Beat or Shiki and learning how to stop being a jerk, while in the other half Neku partners up with Rhyme, where Neku helps Rhyme find a dream again. that and it would be interesting how those characters would interact and how Rhyme would play like.

oh and we may or not have the Conductor coming back and being a good guy trying to saving Shibuya though some scheme. also the Angels would find out that Mr.Hanekoma was the Fallen Angel and the protagonists would have to rescue him from the other Angels.

......hmmm my idea sorta ran away there without any linear thinking behind it....anyone want to say anything that makes more sense?

SlyGuyMcFly
2010-05-08, 02:20 PM
I'd prefer to get new characters exploring a new edition of the games than have Neku and company dragged into the mess again. They already had their character development, defeated their inner demons, etc, etc. Have new faces with new issues to explore within the game.

Keeping Minamimoto around is pretty much required though.

Oregano
2010-05-08, 02:24 PM
I think it would be interesting if Neku and the gang was in it, but not as players. IIRC they do remember the game and everything so it would be interesting to see if they choose to interact with it and how....

I'd love to see how a sequel would be approached.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-09, 10:02 AM
One more I thought of:

More Punch-Out!! :smallbiggrin:

Cogwheel
2010-05-09, 10:08 AM

That's what I heard. I took Harm (admittedly, a dedicated white/black necromancer, with no Force) but Harm rarely seemed to hit anywhere near hard enough. I ran out of fatigue and had to rest for ages fairly often, too.

Gamerlord
2010-05-09, 10:12 AM

Such as real-time combat?

I really don't mind it that much, takes some of the dull of bombarding planets away. I just wish they kept the "Name your ships" part.

Edge
2010-05-09, 10:43 AM
Hmm...

Persona 5, preferably multiplatform (a man can dream...)
Neverwinter Nights 3, either a continuation of Mask of the Betrayer, or go full-on into 4e and make combat turn based.
The Darkness 2 - gameplay wasn't great, it wasn't especially faithful to the comics, but damn, I loved the plot and mood execution.
Brutal Legend 2 - I loved the first one. So sue me.
Prototype 2 - Again, I loved it.

Kane
2010-05-09, 12:05 PM
Seconding:

Half Life Episode 3. (C'mon, Valve, step on it already...)

Portal 2 (It doesn't seem like there's more that can be done with the story, but more testing chambers is always good.)

Rise of Legends II (Seriously. Awesome. Sure, they'd have to invent a reason for more fighting, but the campaigns were good, strategic, and quite enjoyable.

Dungeon Keeper III sounds good. I've only played the first, but it was quite fun. ("There's a word for Keepers like you.")

Trixie
2010-05-10, 03:31 PM
TIE Fighter II

Dark Forces II

Imperial Commando

Fate/Stay Night II

Jutland II

KotOR III

Master of Magic II

Rebellion II

That would be about it :P

bloodlover
2010-05-11, 04:24 PM
Baldur's Gate 3 . Of course it would have to be as epic as the first two games, not crappy like "the spiritual successor" called Dragon Age. Icewind Dale 3 would also be nice ^.^

TheEmerged
2010-05-11, 05:22 PM
Brutal Legend II
Nightcaster II (This is pure nostalgia, since I cannot remember for the life of me if the original was actually any good. I also realize it actually exists. Wish I could get a copy...)

Yes, Nightcaster 2 exists. No, you do not wish you had a copy, it was a large departure from the original.

Suicide Junkie
2010-05-11, 07:41 PM
Would the new star control allow more than one ship in combat at once?

I think it would be pretty nifty to get some combined arms and squadrons going.
5v5 LAN party!

Athaniar
2010-05-12, 02:49 AM
Age of Wonders III, but preferably not Total War-like. Just take AoW2 and give us better graphics, more races (lizardmen!), and an even better editor (official "unit painter" would be nice).

Super Smash Brothers, of course, even though I fear it won't happen until Nintendo releases yet another console. Speaking of Nintendo, another Mario Kart wouldn't be too bad, either.

I also want Mass Effect 3 badly. Sure, I haven't finished part 2 yet and have no idea what happens in the end (NO spoilers, thank you), but I still want it so I can continue playing immediately after I'm finished.

Oh, and I must not forget Warcraft IV. That would be nice.

Arcanoi
2010-05-12, 06:39 AM
Dark Forces II
[/SIZE]

You're about... thirteen years late >_>? (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Jedi_Knight:_Dark_Forces_II)

bloodlover
2010-05-12, 06:53 AM
There will be Warcraft 4 .But not any time soon ^.^

Trixie
2010-05-12, 06:42 PM
You're about... thirteen years late >_>? (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Jedi_Knight:_Dark_Forces_II)

Nope. I've waited 15 years, and there has been NO sequel. Same with TIE. This sucks! :smallfrown:

Tyrant
2010-05-12, 09:12 PM
I would like to see the following:
-Tie Fighter/X-Wing: I would prefer both be given new life
-SW:Battlefront 3: Hopefully with expanded maps, and maybe add either the Old Republic era or the Legacy era (or both) for some more variety.
-KotoR 3
-Neverwinter Nights: Either a part 3 that uses 3.5 and incorporates everything released so far (in terms of classes, races, etc)but it improves it with things like a Z axis, or more expansions for NWN 2.
-Baulder's Gate: I've only played the 2 Dark Alliance games (heresy, I know) so I would like to see both sets of games continue so I can have more Dark Alliance games and new BG games to try.
-Mega Man X 9: I liked the improved capabilities and the overall look.
-Mega Man X Command Mission 2: I liked the first one.
-LotR The Third Age: I liked the game, but an actual follow up is unlikely. I think it would more likely either be a larger remake, or set during the Second Age.
-Mechwarrior
-XMen Legends/Ultimate Alliance: Generally more games along the lines of these 2. Maybe a DC version too.*

There's probably more, but those are the ones I would like to see off the top of my head.

Edit to add:*Maybe a decent idea would be to make one where you play as the villains? Doom, several Master of Evil, some X Villains and Spider Villains to round things out?

Green-Shirt Q
2010-05-13, 05:45 AM
Batman: Arkham Asylum 2, Portal 2, and Super Mario Galaxy 2. Luckily, all of those are confirmed being made.

As for sequels that might not be made, another Banjo-Kazoie game would be awesome, particularly if it returned to it's platformer routes. I liked the driving game okay and I don't really care about the game's genre (as long as it's still an action game, of course), but a return to it's platform routes would be pretty cool. Rare might not do that, though, since many times when people question them on the genre shift in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, they say that platforming is tedious to develop and they want to try new things. Also, there is some ACTUAL IN-UNIVERSE 4th-wall breaking speech that suggests that this will be the last game for Banjo-Kazooie forever, which I don't like. It was the franchise that got me IN to gaming in the first place, and the original was the first game I've ever played! The nistolgia factor of the original games is VERY powerful, and I don't think it should end with something that doesn't even RESEMBLE the original game in the slightest! :smallfrown:

Another game I want that ISN'T going to be made is another Oddworld game. Loved Munch's Oddesee, loved Stranger's Wrath. Was waiting for them to make more but unfortunetely it looks like the company had permanetly gave up making videogames. Too bad.

Now for ones that are more likely to be made: Luigi's Mansion 2, another Super Smash Brothers game, Kirby Wii, and another Paper Mario (preferably set in the MUSHROOM KINGDOM this time) followed by another Mario & Luigi game, and another Rabbids action game.

nanobot_swarm
2010-05-13, 04:14 PM
Bad Dudes 2:
Instead of fighting the Dragoninja Clan, they can battle the Tigerninja clan, and they can rescue Obama instead of Ronald Reagan. With these fancy new graphics systems and the havok physics engine, everything could be used as a weapon to fight ninjas.

deuxhero
2010-05-13, 04:33 PM
The World Ends With You. The setting, battle system (the lower screen one anyways) and side character were all great, but the main characters and the plot they used the setting for (another generic save the world in something that would have been great for avoiding it) UGHH!.

Mikeavelli
2010-05-13, 04:47 PM
Would the new star control allow more than one ship in combat at once?

I think it would be pretty nifty to get some combined arms and squadrons going.
5v5 LAN party!

The Star Control Timewarp project had a bunch of really interesting variants of hypermelee. It supposedly had support for giant battles, multiple players, and entire fleets worth of ships, I tried it out single-player style, but by the time I got to it most of the buzz was dying off, and I never even attempted taking advantage of all the stuff.

[hr]

+1 for Arcanum, it was a pretty awesome game, even though the best strategy was probably just to max out invisibility and run through all those D*mned caves and golems and such. By the end of the game, you had enough mana to invis you and the necessary follower (not going to spoil who that is) and just talk the final boss to death.

Pandaren
2010-05-13, 08:45 PM
I'd love to see an Age of Mythology 2, but alas, that won't happen.

Want it as well. I believe it was my first introduction to Greek, Norse, and Egyptian mythologies...

Also want WC4, Blizzard, thanks for starcraft2 (finally), but stop messing around with this MMO B.S. Go back to making real games instead of glittery horses.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-13, 09:27 PM
The World Ends With You. The setting, battle system (the lower screen one anyways) and side character were all great, but the main characters and the plot they used the setting for (another generic save the world in something that would have been great for avoiding it) UGHH!.

generic save the world plot? did you even read the secret reports? :smallconfused: and what is wrong with the main characters? the plot and main characters were what I liked BEST about the World Ends with You

deuxhero
2010-05-13, 09:56 PM
Neku, Shiki, Yoshiya and Beat were nowhere near as interesting or entertaining as Sho, Shooter or even some of the shopkeeps (cosmic corner guy, the ramen guy).

As for the story, OK, not so much "world" a "part of very major city" but I just feel a personal goal of getting back to life (a "proper" Reaper's Game) would have been far more interesting (and original) plot than what the game went with.

Another Day was lulz non-stop though.

ZeroNumerous
2010-05-14, 02:34 AM

Don't. It's terribad.

Most of the ones I want have been mentioned:

Megaman Legends 3(not featuring Tron's horrific voice)
Parasite Eve 3
KotoR 3(I can has multi?)
Final Fantasy Tactics 2(Advanced sucks!)
Mechwarrior 5
SW: Republic Commando 2
SW: Battlefront 3

But I'll mention one that has gone unloved: Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 4. The spiritual sequel to the X-Wing v TIE series.

Sugarmouse
2010-05-14, 08:31 AM
A continuation of Loom, which was promised to us a long time ago but never quite came through, could have the potential to be the most epic thing in the history of adventure gaming.

Seconding this one...

Irbis
2010-05-18, 10:22 AM
But I'll mention one that has gone unloved: Star Wars: Rogue Squadron 4. The spiritual sequel to the X-Wing v TIE series.

You mean terribad series of sequels to even more terribad series of sequels?

Seriously, X v Tie cannot hold a candle to originals, but it still beats that console arcade shooter with one hand behind its back.

Dvandemon
2010-06-01, 09:17 PM
Lets see, a sequel for everything until the main character dies (after living his/her whole life) and a Wii 2 or Wiiii!

Cobalt
2010-06-01, 09:29 PM
Golden Sun 3. Not sure if it counts to be said here as it is on its way, but... Gah! It needs to hurry up! I can't handle the suspense!

ZeroNumerous
2010-06-01, 09:30 PM
You mean terribad series of sequels to even more terribad series of sequels?

Sorry, I guess you've confused it with something else. Because I enjoyed the hell out of Rogue Squadron.

Breltar
2010-06-01, 10:43 PM
Sorry, I guess you've confused it with something else. Because I enjoyed the hell out of Rogue Squadron.

It was ok, but I liked the 'simulation' aspect of X-wing/tie fighter.

I would also love a sequel to....

Homeworld 1&2 - THQ now has the rights, I do hope they make it!

Surrealistik
2010-06-01, 10:45 PM
Alpha Centauri 2,
Loom 2,
Fallout Tactics 2,
Team Fortress 3
X-Com 4

Skeppio
2010-06-01, 11:41 PM
Paper Mario 4
Henry Hatsworth 2
Starfox Wii
A Classic Series Megaman game that actually ties into Megaman X
Super Smash Bros 4 (Even cranked out my own little concept for it with a 59 char roster (spot 60 is taken by the random button))
Ristar 2
Pulseman 2 (They'll have to turf the seizure-inducing backgrounds though)
Metroid Fusion 2 (Why did Metroid Dread have to get cancelled?!? :smallfurious:)
Donkey Kong Country 4

etc...

littlebottom
2010-06-02, 12:08 AM
i have to admit, i agree with alot of games said here.

dungeon keeper 3 anyone? come on, who agrees with me? :smalltongue:

EDIT: darn someone beat me to it

chiasaur11
2010-06-02, 12:36 AM
X-Com 4

Odds look better now than they have for a while.

Better still if you tolerate FPS in you anti alien strategy games.

Gorgondantess
2010-06-02, 01:28 AM
Metroid Fusion 2 (Why did Metroid Dread have to get cancelled?!? :smallfurious:)

Hellz to the yeah. That was the game that got me into the metroid series. Probably the best GBA game ever made. Still, Other M looks good... even if I don't have a Wii.:smallfrown:

Other than that: A fourth installment to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise would be delightful. The time they finally nail the mechanics, they skimp on the story... but each game is getting progressively more sophisticated.
Oh, and Jade Empire 2. Every other Bioware game has had a sequel, or will have a sequel. And Jade Empire was the best Bioware game. It's also the Bioware team's favorite. And yet, for whatever reason, there just isn't a market. I am sad.:smallfrown:

Legacy of Kain could use a sequel, so long as they can get all of the original voice actors. Of course, first they'll have to resurrect Tony Jay.:smallfrown:

Wandiya
2010-06-02, 01:42 AM
Goldeneye 2 and Legend of zelda:Majora's Mask 2 for the N64.:smallwink:

Callos_DeTerran
2010-06-02, 02:09 AM
Dungeon Keeper.

I'd upgrade my computer in a moment to play a sequel in that series.

Eloel
2010-06-04, 02:32 PM
I'd love it if we somehow got Heroes of Might and Magic IV. Yes IV. I like to pretend that disaster never happened.

Gamerlord
2010-06-04, 02:35 PM
Lets see, a sequel for everything until the main character dies (after living his/her whole life) and a Wii 2 or Wiiii!

http://www.novarata.net/Thread_Necromancy.jpg

This is my thread dang it! Don't bring it back from the dead!

Arcanoi
2010-06-04, 02:44 PM
I've always wanted Crackdown 2, which we're getting. Which is awesome.

EDIT: Also Jade Empire 2 and an actual KOTOR sequel.

Eloel
2010-06-04, 03:12 PM
The post you linked to posted at around 2-week times of no-posting. I posted at 2-days. I don't see dark magic here.

Gamerlord
2010-06-04, 03:58 PM
The post you linked to posted at around 2-week times of no-posting. I posted at 2-days. I don't see dark magic here.

...You believe I am accusing you of thread necro :smallconfused: ?