PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with the far realms? (Test of spite.)

druid91
2010-05-06, 03:04 PM
Well I was reading over the Test of spite ban list, and this struck me as odd, Why are the entirety of the far realms banned? It doesn't seem like an overpowered group to me, though there could be something I'm unaware of.

So anyone know why that is?

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-05-06, 03:12 PM
My best guess is time shenanigans.

Prodan
2010-05-06, 03:16 PM
So anyone know why that is?

Hastur knows. Perhaps you would care to ask him?

druid91
2010-05-06, 03:24 PM
Hastur? who is Hastur?

Doc Roc
2010-05-06, 03:29 PM
Well, he's got a thing for yellow.

Effectively, there are some issues regarding planar travel with the far realms that can permit one to abuse them for time-travel purposes, or storing back-ups of yourself. There's also a couple of other tricks that revolve around things from the far-realm. Complete Planar Breaches leading to the far-realm are particularly problematic, and the ban on the far-realm predates some bans on the tricks you can use to "rig" which place you breach to.

druid91
2010-05-06, 03:42 PM
Can't you do the first two without the far realms, and what problem is time travel in an arena fight?

Doc Roc
2010-05-06, 03:46 PM
Can't you do the first two without the far realms, and what problem is time travel in an arena fight?

Not with any degree of efficacy in the ToS ban-list.
Time travel is a problem because the particular kind represented by the far realms lets you do things like accumulate copies of yourself from different eras.