PDA

View Full Version : Dungeons and Dragons 3.5: The beggining of the Deity Wars

kanawearspantie
2010-05-06, 06:46 PM
Galamar is a world of ancient civilizations and even older magic. Here the gods walk among the mortals, unnoticed in their disguises. The world was oneof balance and tranquility, until the Cruelity deity Servana started an onslaught against theother gods. Declairing war on her fellow deities, Servana faught and slew Arian, the deity of Virtue and Chivalry, hoping to gain control of her powers. However,a successor of Arian was discovered,preventing Servana from snatching the powers that were not rightfully hers. With time, the successor was discovered to be a child, a powerful mage who had been traveling with a band of warriors, all having sworn to find Arian's succesor and stop Sevana at any cost. This band of adventerors has been succesful in holding the fight against this goddess, but the race against the clock is picking up and adventurors from around the land are being sought after to help. Recruitors have been sent to any and all willing participants, judging if these people are able to take up the mantle of the chosen. It is the time top take up arms and stop this evil. You, the chosen ones from your respective countries and races, are currently on the move to meet with those who have been taking Servana on. You are in the company of a ghost elf, a captain of the royal Gaurd for the country of Tiffendol, the country you are all currently in. You are on the road in a forrested area, where the group you are searching for has been said to be. Asyou go down the road, it becomes clear that a small caravan is a small distance ahead of you. As you get closer, you see a small framed, plae woman with amask accompanied by a tall figure in mythril platemail and a smal kitusne girl sitting by one of the carrages, having a discussion. The child has a large book and is flipping the pages, the book shifting covers and volume as she turns it over. The captain leading your group signals for you to halt.She turns and faces you all "Stay here, I'll go see who they are.If they'rethe ones we're looking for, ourlives all just got a lot harder." Leaving you, she rides up to the group in front of you and starts tohold a conversation with them.

Notes: Okay guys, here's the part where i tell you how this is gonna go! I just want to letyou all know that this game is for fun for everyone involved and should be taken in a carefree way. I myself bend the rules some, okay,maybe a lot, but it pretty much followsthe rule of cool accordingto what is rolled. Try your best to stay in character as much aspossible, as it will save a lot of covering up things. As far as character creation goes, anything goes as long as it is NOT powering gaming to the extreme. the level to make your character at is level 10. For rolling stats, i want everyone to roll 4d6's 6 times, dropping the lowest number die. And please, reroll any and all 1's. I am also giving you all one base stat of 18. So if you want to use this, you only need to roll 4d6's five times. I would appreciate it if you all would shoot me your ideas for characters in a private message on here or IM me them. I myself have made races specifically for this world and game, and if anyone is interested, again, private message me or IM me and i will give you the details. I want to again note that this is an easygoing game, and not alot of the rules will be followed. So, please don't argue rules. itmakes it less fun for everyone. Also, i make a lot of typoes,so pleeeease bare with me =D Oh! and if you have questions outof character during the game or during posting please put your question in double braccets,like this: [[blahblah]] and i will answer them in the same way, and if there are a bunch of questions to be answered in my post, i will have each one answered with your name. Please,feel free to ask me any questions you have. I will answer them all right away. Okay,this is a long post and i think that'sit for now. let the deity wars begin!!

another note: ooc thread is now up also!! http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151756

StickMan
2010-05-06, 07:07 PM
GRRR "Summi! Stop going off on your own. I need a leash." The one in plate yells ahead.

His name is Innus of Mt. Innus, son of Innus. He's a Hobgoblin, he's a monster hunter and a hero. He's also the currently the guardian and sensi of the fox girl Summi. He's about at his wits end guarding a child who can level cities on accident. And he can kind of control her... some times... with gum and reverse psychology.

Summi is the key, and it's his job to make sure when the time comes she is ready. He must make her as strong as he knows she can be.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-06, 07:17 PM
Summi, the kitsune child, groans load enough for both groups to hear. "I swear,you're such a stick in the mud! We got away from theredidn't we? I mean, it's not my fault the hobgoblin lady tried to kill us" She rolls her yees and lolls her head to the side, acting very bit her age,noticing the elf captain and group down the road"Uh-oh, we have company..." she stands, shifting her book again,somemthing small and furry, and almost snake like coming out of her sleeve. The masked woman turns and looks, hands idly on her scythe. "This one is all you Innus, I took on the cheiftans daughter so i'm sitting this one out for now" she says, adjusting the mask slightly. The captain draws nearer, hand on her sword in a cautious manner. "May i ask who you are what manner of business you're conducting currently?"

StickMan
2010-05-09, 05:27 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

"OK first of all Summi that was literally all your fault. We had no buisness being there, and you hardly took on the Chieftains daughter, it was more like we you finally decided we should runaway from the Chieftains daughter with me yelling a mixed batch of apologies in High Goblin to the upper casts, and threats in Low Goblin, to the lowers for them not to kill us." Summi of course was still seemingly unaware of half of what went on during that meeting or what happened the night following. She still had not even questioned where Innus got his new gear from. But then again she was the most random thing on the planet. She made Chaos look orderly.

Innus finally turns to the captain. "I'm Innus Blizt'kon, last of the White Flame, I'm in the buisness currently of teaching this young fox girl the ways of the world, and the martial arts." And killing gods! Innus adds quietly to himself mentally. He wondered if Summi would pick up on the fact that he now held an actual surname and title.

In an act that would have not happened a before the most recent events moves to take off his helmet revealing publicly that he is in fact a Hobgoblin. Before now he had learn it often simplified matter to let people think he was simply a large human in full plate armor, of course that too attracted attention.

"And who may I ask are you?" He quarks an eyebrow.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-09, 09:31 PM
The captain tilts her head to Innus "So, A Hobgoblin is in charge of a.......what is she exactly? A fox? No, she's called something else. I'm not familiar with anything from the Orient" She looks at Sumi, who was giving Innus a 'what the heck are you doing?' look. "My name is Gabrielle Origale,and i am a high captain in his majesty's army. We're lookingfor a group currently hunting down the Cruelty goddess"

Sumi yawned, looking at Innus "So.....do we tell her ornot? I mean, We're not doing much.Also, how was it my fault that Hobgoblin lady decided she wanted to kill us? Maybe she just doesn't like you" Sumi kicked Innus "And why are you being all high and mighty these past few days?" while this was being said, Grimm soghed and looked at them

"So....when did you stop addressing yourself as just Innus of Mount Innus? You never told us you had a surname or anything like that"Grimm said, adjusting her mask as she stoodAlso, where'd your new gear come from. Imean,it's normal andall, but where in the hell did you getit?"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 12:20 AM
She's called a Kitsune. Hinata responds Coldly.

(she's a Goliath that looks mostly human. Instead of black markings all over her body though she has ones that are the same color as skin that's been torn off and has grown back) Also, I have a picture that is sort of what I had in mind. Ignore the wing. She lacks those. http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/21fae335.png

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 12:24 AM
Gabrielle turned and looked at Hinata, looking as if she wanted to say something, but Summi was the first "Hey! That one's smart!" She made her way to the other group, purposly staying out of reachof Innus, fixing her long black hair with srteaks ofblue in it. She stooped infront of Hinata and looked her up and down "Guh, you and Grimm will get along real well. You both use Scythes....." She turnedand gave the masked woman a look.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 12:31 AM
Hinata doesn't really acknowledge that the Kitsune is even there in front of her. She looks like she's sort of just staring off into space.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 12:35 AM
Summi eyes her, looking a bit miffed that she's being ignored "........" She reaches out and pokes her "But you don't talk.....I thinkilike you better!" She puffs out her chest and looks every bit her age "Grimm and Innus think they're really smart and all. But ibet you don't try to be a smarty pants do you,Lady? Say, what's your name anyway?"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 12:37 AM
She responds I'm Hinata. Who are you?

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 12:40 AM
Sumi blinks "Hinata? Where were you born? Anyway, I'm Q'orin-Atashome Summi, and i'm with them" she points to thumb at the other group "I'd also share the great big secret, but then Mr. Crabby-pants will get mad like he did with the Hobgoblin lady a few days ago"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 12:43 AM
Do you have a nickname by chance? As to where I'm from, I'd rather not talk about it. she says the second sentence as politely as possible.

(how old is the Kitsune exactly?)

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 12:48 AM
Sumi looked at her and shrugged "Just call me Summi,everyoneelse does, except formom, but that'sa different story.And if you don't wanna tellit ain't worth my time!" she meandered over to the other group.
Kitsune grow fast, but have really long life spans)
(Summi is nine years old.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 01:04 AM
Hinata follows her. Curious about the Kitsune's group.

StickMan
2010-05-11, 12:44 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus looks at Summi. "OK first of all your going to have to be nicer to her the next time we see the chieftains daughter. We may be seeing Blutrebya off and on from now on." He looks at Grim and quickly adds. "We can talk about why, and where my upgrades came from later."

He looks back at the Captain. "And as for the group hunting down the cruelty goddess we've been known to plot against her in our off time." His hand shifts closer to his blade as he sizes up the captain and the extremely large goliath woman, It'd been awhile sense he'd seen one, though he knew they were not to be trifled with, if only for the size of the weapons they used. It was odd to see a goliath this far from the mountains.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 12:59 PM
Sumi scrunches up her nose and looks at Innus "What do youmean we'll be seeing her again? And how do you know her name?!" Summi yells, a fire ball shooting off and setting a tree on fire, the girl looking at Innus and pointing at Grimm "She did it!"

Gabrielle looks at the group "So you are who we are looking for. Good, i thought we would never find you" She looks, seeing a paladin walkingup to the group. He stops next to Sumi

"So,did you find anything?" Sumi asks.
"No, i found nothing. It's safe to move on" HE eyes the newcomers "Friends of yours?"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 01:57 PM
More like Acquaintances. Hinata responds.

(she's also not huge. She's about 5 foot 9)

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 02:24 PM
"I see" the Paladin answers, an eyebrow raised, but not saying anything. Grimm stands, dusting herself off.

"I say we get moving. It may be safe to move on,but I doubt it will be for much longer.My aunt is relentlesswhen she wants something, and that is currently killing us all and getting a hold of Sumi."Grimm suggests, shifting her mask up, showing the black skin of her lips and whistling with her fingers on her mouth. From the trees, five large, black ravens emerge, perching themselves on Grimm'shead, shoulders,and backsack. She tilts her head "Anyone else ready to go?"

StickMan
2010-05-11, 08:56 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus snorts. "You know after what happened the other night your aunt is actually not even on my top 5 greatest fear list anymore. Granted Summi takes up the top three spots, but yeah we likely should start moving. I don't like being this open, do we even know where we are?"

Innus totally ignores Summi's request about information on Blutrebya. "Lets get moving,I've got to train this one, kill a god, at least a half dozen challenges to personal combat coming my way, and at least one war to wage. And Hobgoblins don't have especially long lives normally, so I'd like to see this through."

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 09:02 PM
Grimm looked athim "What? Okay, what in the layers of hell are you going on about? Wait....did youdo something with that Cheiftains daughter that you did not tell me about?"

Sumi stomped up to Innus, kicking him "Hey! Listen to me! What do you mean i gotta be nice tho that thing!"

StickMan
2010-05-11, 09:12 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus growls and then sighs. "It's complicated but we are now the equivalent of what you would call betrothed to be married and I've also found out my family history from a dead god." Innus looks at Grim. "When I say dead, I mean like dead as in killed not dead as in your family... liked died and is now currently dead..." Innus growls again. "It's a long story, lets just get moving and I'll tell you about it later."

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 09:40 PM
Having one thing fill three of those spots seems not only redundant but technically is impossible.

Hinata responds to the guy and asks

What is this war you wish to wage?

(it is at this point that Hinata will use detect evil on the group.)

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 10:01 PM
Grimm turns to hinata and looks ather "don't bother asking him anything. IF it hurt's anyone else but him, it's cool. Like bringing up the fact my mother is a resurrected corpse." Grimm turns and glares at Innus "I hope you'rehappy, Blitz'kon,because you just went somewhere with that you shouldn't have" she marches off, her ravens all eyeing thegroup
(the group comes up as unevil)

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 10:03 PM
Corpse implies they're dead or possibly undead. Resurrection means not only is she as alive as can be she also wanted to come back. Which is it?

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 10:05 PM
Sumi looksat her "Well from what i understand, her momwas killed, sewn back together by her dad, and made a god and that's how she came back. I know, it's nonsense, but just ignore it. Kills your brain less that way."

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 10:13 PM
Getting turned into a god reverses all sorts of crap. Trying to say How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood hurts my brain more than that.

So, you're the child of a deity? she asks the Grimm girl or whatever her name is.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 10:14 PM
Sumi loks at Hinata as Grimm holds up two fingers"Both my parentsare gods. Doesit bother you?"

StickMan
2010-05-11, 10:24 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus' jaw suddenly drops and throws up his hands a little. "Wait when has that ever been a no talking about issue. I mean I don't even understand her hole family thing exactly, I was just trying to clarify... oh you know what never mind, don't have time to figure out her rules of engagement." He growls a little again. "Women."
he follows the statement up with a snort.
Looking at rather nosy mountain girl. "Trust me Summi filling those three spots is not at all redundant or impossible and as for your question, I wish to wage no war at all."

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 10:25 PM
That depends. Which gods are your parents? If Arian is one of them I'm fine with it. If Servana is one I probably won't react well.

So, why do you have to wage this war exactly? And I'm guessing the god you wish to kill is Servana? Also, yes, it is indeed impossible for your top 3 things to be afraid of to consist of all the same thing. Maybe if they were things that thing is capable of doing but otherwise it's a top 3 list. not a top 5.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 10:29 PM
"Servana is my aunt, who may i add, i donot like. My oarts are the death and afterlife gods. Arian was my cousin"

Sumi smiles at the paladin "Guess you both followed what's her face, huh?"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 10:35 PM
To be frank, my feelings toward your aunt a bit stronger then "Do not like"

Out of curiosity, are you a god as well?

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 10:38 PM
Grimm laughs a little"So you're on the hate bandwagon also! And i ave moderate power,but will not be a god until my parents pass it on to me"

StickMan
2010-05-11, 10:41 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus smiles a bit at the idea that this woman was a follower of Arian. I mean the situation was still just wrong beyond all measure, but it was kind of funny.

"Summi and the list of things she can do, can become, and situations she can get herself into are a top one hundred list of horrors all there own. In addition to that I have other issues that worry me. Frankly there is not simple life." He snorts a little. "As for you, if you followed Arian I'm pretty sure you should be bowing right now."

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 10:44 PM
The so far unnamed paladin looks atHinata "You may want to brace yourself for it.I wasabit surprisedmyselfwhen i heard" He looked at Sumi who was grinning evily

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 10:55 PM
I do not serve Arian or any other god. I serve the forces of good which can include anybody. Even Servana if she decided to be smart.

She looks at the unnamed Paladin and says I've seen things that would literally scare people to death. I doubt She can surprise me at this point.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 10:57 PM
Sumi looksat Innus "I like this one! And can she really followan idea and not a god and be a paladin? I'm not into thatreligious crap"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:00 PM
Yes. You can. A Paladin is simply a warrior of good. Not necessarily a follower of a god or gods.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:02 PM
"I see. So.....why did you bring up Arian then?" Sumi asks,quirkingan eyebrow.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:04 PM
A child of a good parent is more likely to end up good than the child of an evil parent. Simple as that. Arian was simply an example.

StickMan
2010-05-11, 11:04 PM
Sumi looksat Innus "I like this one! And can she really followan idea and not a god and be a paladin? I'm not into thatreligious crap"

Innus smiles. "You take after your teacher, which granted makes your situation all that more ironic. The important thing with paladins is that they think they serve good and think they are always right.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:05 PM
Then I guess I'm not a Paladin. I don't think I'm always right. Just right more often than some I've known.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:07 PM
The other paladin said nothing as Sumi held up a finger "My mom isneutral and my dad is pretty evil when hewantsto be and looka t how i turnedout. Innus, don't sayanything!"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:08 PM
I don't know you well enough to know how you turned out. All I know is you aren't evil so it isn't likely you'll ever be on the recieving end of my Scythe.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:10 PM
Sumisuddenlyshutup, lookingat innus andrimmin afunny way.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:16 PM
Hinata picks that cue up and says you aren't evil correct?

sense motive check. [roll0] (I know I have no reason to distrust you guys but my character doesn't.)

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:19 PM
Summi looksather "no...notatall"

(younotice that she is acting funny. Sorry,terribleatexplainatons XD)

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:21 PM
Okay, even for her that looks odd. You guys want to tell me what's going on? she asks and prepares her scythe in case it comes to a fight.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:23 PM
Grimm sighs "She'sbeen tainted. She's a good personherself,but Servanagota holdof her and tainted her.See the black in her fur? it will grow as the corruption spreads. We'relooking for a way tofix it"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:24 PM
Well, sometimes there are cures. However, from what I know of curses, I know that sometimes the only possible way to break the curse is to kill the person who put it on you in the first place.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:27 PM
"Aswasour conclusion. ofcourse, killing Servana is going to be a hard task,as i'msure you allknow"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:35 PM
If you can hit it you can kill it. Hinata responds.

she looks at the kitsune and says Don't worry about the taint. the black kind of looks good on you. As long as you don't turn evil it'll be fine. Even if you do I'm sure you friends can find a way to heal you. Speaking of friends have you asked her parents if they can do anything? she asks pointing at Grimm.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:37 PM
"Her mom couldn'tdoanything and we'retrying tofind her dad.looks like i'm in good hands,doesn'tit?" Sumi replied, fixing her hair "Aw well,itisn'tlike i'llbe the first evil onein the family"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:43 PM
If He's scared of you while you're good, you turning evil isn't anything resembling an option. I'm not going to let that happen. Even if I have to kill a god to prevent it.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:46 PM
Sumi pointed at the others as Grimmnodded "welcome rto the eam then"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-11, 11:50 PM
so, nobody here is afraid of Bats are they?

kanawearspantie
2010-05-11, 11:55 PM
Grimm shrugged "I grew up among ghosts, I'm pretty sure Innus has eaten them,and sumi.....well, she hates Ravens. Calls themdeath birds"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 12:01 AM
Okay, you should get along fine with Fluffles then.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-12, 04:34 PM
"Fluffels?" Sumi asked

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 06:39 PM
Yoohoo. Fluffles! she says. (It is at this point she will summon her bat. Fluffles. He's huge sized and looks like he was built to fight. If there's a dense forest or something like that around he'll appear out of there. He comes out and licks Hinata's face like a puppy would. )

He's a great mount and a good friend but he's exceedingly stubborn. Fluffles is the only thing he responds to. I've tried giving him other names but he won't listen. she says.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-12, 06:56 PM
Sumi blinks "Does it fly?" She flips her book, it's cover shifting, turning to a blue, thick book

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 07:16 PM
Yes, but not unless he's in danger, he wants to, or I tell him to. If you try and fly him you'll probably just irritate him.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-12, 07:54 PM
"Pffft! I got Kokyu,so what do i need somegreat big batfor?" sumi asks,Grimm shaking her head.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 07:56 PM
who or what is Kokyu?

kanawearspantie
2010-05-12, 08:01 PM
Sumi reaches into her sleeve and puulsout a long, furry,almost snake like thing. It wriggles as she holds it out to Hinata "This is Kokyu!" Shelooks proud of herself.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 08:18 PM
I'll make both an Arcana and Religion check to determine what it is.

[roll0] Religion
[roll1] Arcana

kanawearspantie
2010-05-12, 08:22 PM
Kokyu squirms around, a puff of smoke coming out,Sumi looking really pleased "Cool isn't he!"

(you gather that it is a spirit of some kind from the orient. It's firebased, and thefact that she has one of these should surprise you)

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 08:23 PM
How'd you get a hold of him?

kanawearspantie
2010-05-12, 08:25 PM
Sumi smiles "He was a birthday present from my mom. He lives in this!" She pulls out an ornate oriental smoking pipe, "Wait until he gets big!"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 08:30 PM
How big is "big"? she asks.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-12, 08:32 PM
Sumi looks atKokyu "Well, she asked..." she tosses him, the little thing bursting into fire which rapidly grows in the air. After a few seconds, a large sized fox creature appears from the flames, turning going back to Sumi, who it absolutly dwarfs. "This big"

StickMan
2010-05-13, 10:45 AM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus looks slightly annoyed at this point. "So should we just write a tell all book with every secrete we have for the whole world to read. Seems like we just love telling everyone everything. We may want to be more discrete as we go about killing a god."

He look at the Paladin again. "I hope you realize your likely going to die if you join us. Were not going after some a thousands year old vampire or some horrid demon, were out to kill a god. What you've done before now means exactly jack."

kanawearspantie
2010-05-13, 10:53 AM
Sumi climbed up onto Kokyu's back, smiling "Okay, let's go! I wanna get some books in the next town!"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-13, 01:27 PM
He look at the Paladin again. "I hope you realize your likely going to die if you join us. Were not going after some a thousands year old vampire or some horrid demon, were out to kill a god. What you've done before now means exactly jack."

I'm aware of this. But even gods can be killed.

OOC (Yay! new OOTS!)

kanawearspantie
2010-05-13, 01:42 PM
"Then i believe we all are here on common ground. We all are aware of the danger, and i doubti couldbe traveling with better campanions" the other paladin said, Grimm nodding.

"I agree. Let's just hope nothing happens that we are not ready for."

Mystic Muse
2010-05-13, 01:50 PM
So, do you guys have some sort of plan for killing this god? Because Charging in screaming bloody murder about how you're going to kill them generally doesn't work with people like that.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-13, 02:02 PM
"Are you worried? If so, don't be. We have Several options,and a plan for each,to kill my aunt" Grim says serenly. Her ravens caw in agreement, stirring up a frenzy of birds.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-13, 02:04 PM
Would you care to mention these options and plans?

kanawearspantie
2010-05-13, 02:12 PM
"Ofcourse not! But Innus might have a hissy if i say them straight out. Oh well, it's not like i haven't gotten back up after getting crushed. we have three options. 1) getting another god to kill Servana, or atleast the weapon of one. We're looking for my father to borrow his scythe for that. 2) we get the artifacts from when she was still the purity goddess and use them on her. We first need to find someone who still might follow that religion and see if they can give us any information as to where and what these artifacts are. 3) We go after Servana's heart. that's the toughest one. Grimm answers, counting on her fingers.

StickMan
2010-05-13, 02:33 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus grunts. "All three are a long shot, and most likely we are going to need to finish all three for this to work at all I think. At the very least the first option is just a matter of time one way or the other." Innus glances at Summi. He'd rather not wait for Summi to grow to full adulthood for them to have a chance to end this.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-13, 02:35 PM
Sumi was singing to herself in kitsune, presumably something that was a folksong, not paying attention to the others.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-15, 12:29 PM
After about a day and a half of traveling, your group arrives at a decent sized town. It is bustling with life, merchants poated in several areas of the town. On the walls are postings that seem to be recruitment posters. Upon inspection, you see that they are for your cause. Grimm pulls her haood over her head, looking at you all "I have somethings to take care of. I'll meet you at the inn we just passed a few streets back. Should i get anything for anyone?"

StickMan
2010-05-15, 04:53 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus steers in disbelief at the posters. "Who posts recruitment posters to fight against a god? You'd think there'd be a little more stealth in the matter. And what exactly are they planning to fight, her Clerics? This is way more open of a move than I'd like to see."

kanawearspantie
2010-05-15, 07:31 PM
Grimm shruggs "It might be a way to give us more time. I'm not for them either, but whatever. Ican't tell the ruler here to stop" Sumi was wondering down the street, disappearing into a shop.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-15, 08:59 PM
It seems to me that if this affair is as public as this city makes it seem Servana would be going around randomly killing people so that she won't get killed. Also, whoever put up these posters knows nothing of subtlety.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-15, 11:14 PM
"Servana has an ego and doesn'tcare if someonecomes afterher. Besides,she'll just send out her clerics. And you all have to remember, this is the world against her. Have you forgotten she already knows we areafter her? Wewerenot amongst the first group. Sumi and her Highness of the Mirishim were, but they are the only survivors. I doubt myaunt was stupid enough toover lookthat. She wantsto watch the world burn, and she will stopat nothing for it. Nowifyou willexcuse me." Grim turns and walks away from the party.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-16, 04:00 PM
As Grimm leaves, Sumi and the human paladin come back, Sumi looking excited. "Guess what guys! We found a guy version of what Hinata is!!" She pointed back behind her"he said his name was Mathoga!" She beemed, looking at Innus "See? Recruitment isn't so bad."

Phiktional
2010-05-17, 12:27 PM
The almost giant walks up to the group, Falchion in hand on his shoulder. "Pleasure to meet you." He says in a deep gravelly voice. You can tell by the way he hols himself that he is a very serious individual. "Please, call me CliffRunner."

kanawearspantie
2010-05-17, 12:31 PM
Sumi puffs her chest out "And here you said all Iever did was get grabbed or burn things to the ground! If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be here!" Kokyu, still in his large form, nirrs and yipps, sitting down and looking at something down the road.

StickMan
2010-05-26, 11:00 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus simply excepts what is happening around him. "Meh, what ever, I'm going to go buy some stuff." He looks at Summi. "I'd like us to have some tea tonight Summi. You and I are over due for a talk, its time we start to advance your training."

With that Innus heads off to buy some materials that he was in need of. Most importantly it was almost time for Summi's belt tests. Or more likely time for Innus to try to regain his grip on the girl through his normal series of bribes, blackmail, reverse psychology and flattery. It wasn't simple to keep the girl even semi in check, but other than her mother he was the only one who could remotely do it.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-26, 11:03 PM
Sumi puffed at him "you aren't my dad!" she yelled, stomping offin the other direction, passing a group of people who looked like they were more at home amongst the dregs ofsociety.

Phiktional
2010-05-26, 11:37 PM
Mathoga shrugged his massive shoulders, slung his large falchion over his back and followed the little girl, Summi he thinks she called herself. These guys are weird, but atleast they pay good.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-27, 12:13 AM
Hinata will follow Summi as well.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-27, 09:32 AM
Sumi stomped down the road "Can you believe him!? Where does he get off telling me what to do!?" Sumi walked into a bookstore, angrily grabbing books from the shelves. She went to the counter, the person behind it giving her funny looks. After the transaction, Sumi looked at the two goliaths. "Do you guys need to do anything? We can do what you need, and then i want to get some new strings for my violin" She looked unamused and paid no attention to one of the members of the group they had passed walking into the building and looking at books.

StickMan
2010-05-29, 09:12 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus shakes his head and walks off. That was an odd response even for her. I thought she'd be happy that I thought she was ready to advance some in her training? It means shes doing well...

Innus goes and find a suitable store and a few cloth belts he planed to use. He was largely making this system up as he went along mixing his training with what little he knew of her culture, but he thought he had a good feel for what was fair.

He meets back goes to find the others after he is done getting some other supplies.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-29, 09:21 PM
From whereInnus is, a loud explosion is heard, a small trail of smoke rising into the air. Some of the gaurds rush by, heading in the direction where the others are.

Those who went with Sumi,Mathoga and Hinata, you have just witnessed Sumi unleashing an unwarranted attack of somekind of fire spell on the person from the other group of adventurers. She's not dead, but is decently wounded,a few of the books sizzling, the owner freakingout. In a few moments time, a couple of gaurds show up, pointing their weapons at you. "what's goingon here!? What did you do?"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-29, 09:25 PM
I didn't do anything. The Kitsune suddenly went berserk. Let me through, maybe I can prevent her from doing anything else.

kanawearspantie
2010-05-29, 09:35 PM
The gaurds eye Hinata skeptically, but decide to let her through. however, as they part, Sumi runs past, saying something untangable. One of the gaurds chase after her, shouting for her to stop.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-29, 09:44 PM
OOC: is it possible to grab her to stop her from running away? Or could I tell my huge bat to get in her way in time? If so I'll do one of those

kanawearspantie
2010-05-29, 09:47 PM
OOC: go a head and roll to see if you grab her. just roll a grapple check. the streets area little crowded right now for your bat to be able to swoop down without hurting some coomoner.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-29, 10:03 PM
Okay, grapple check to see if I can prevent her from running away. (tacklehug:smallbiggrin:)

[roll0]

kanawearspantie
2010-05-30, 09:58 PM
Hinata easily latches on to Sumi, the kitsune flailing, the motion causing her to swing back and forth, providing hinata grabbed her with her hand. if she didn't, then Sumi is just screaming angrily, Kokyu still looking into the store nd growling at the girl who his mistress had set a flame. Someone is tending to her wounds, the gaurds trying to keep the angry fox spirit at bay.

StickMan
2010-05-31, 09:06 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus cringes at the explosion. Boom= Summi. It was basic rule of life at this point.

Innus starts to run to where he heard the explosion looking for Summi. One of these he was so not going to leave her alone for a week now.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-31, 09:13 PM
OOC: Hinata grabbed her.

kanawearspantie
2010-06-01, 07:53 PM
It's easy enough for Innus to find the group by following the smoke and by thesoundofSumi yelling. The gaurdsare busy questioning Mathoga and Hinata, asking them where they came from,how they know the girl,what happened, and what theirbusiness in the town. They are also trying totakethe kitsune into custody to question her, the other paladin in the group arguing with them.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-01, 07:58 PM
That's none of your business, I just met her a bit ago, I have no clue what happened either and I've just been traveling random places and ended up here.

kanawearspantie
2010-06-01, 08:03 PM
"then we need to take the girl into our custody for questioning" onof them reaches for sumi who bites his bare hand. He yells and is about to hit her out of reflex, but the 'victim' grabshis arm,a healer having helpedher "that's enough. I'm sure she was just startled"

StickMan
2010-06-03, 12:50 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus walks up to the group. "What'd you blow up this time Summi? And why?"

kanawearspantie
2010-06-03, 12:53 PM
Sumi looks crazily at Innus,her eye twitching "i...i needtogetawayfrompeople!" she pointsat the womanshe setonfire "i almostkilledher cuz of it!"

Mystic Muse
2010-06-03, 12:56 PM
Hinata doesn't even think about letting go right now.

kanawearspantie
2010-06-03, 12:57 PM
Sumi flailssomemore,the closetest gaurd reaching for her"we'll take hernow"

Phiktional
2010-06-03, 01:01 PM
Mathoga is off a little ways talking to one of the gaurds. The gaurd had taken his weapon away, which is now resting against the building. He is trying to explain what he was doing here, how he knew the girl and why his weapon isnt in a sheath or something. (You try finding a sheath for a falchion that big).

StickMan
2010-06-03, 01:16 PM
Innus Blizt'kon

Innus reaches out to grab Summi rather hastily. "I'll take that. Thank you."

With his other hand he pulls a small platinum bar out of his pouch and hands it to the one of the guards. "That should cover all expenses for healing, if it does not cover the cost of the books just send a bill to Kana Q'orin-Atashome of Shiimohiin." With that he turns with Summi in hand.

If anyone tries to stop him he growls loudly.

Intimidate: 1d20+12=31 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2546380/)

kanawearspantie
2010-06-03, 01:20 PM
The gaurds don'tbother you all anymore, Innus having freaked them out by growling at them

Mystic Muse
2010-06-03, 01:50 PM
or something. (You try finding a sheath for a falchion that big).

OOC:Okay. This is my character's quest now.:smallbiggrin:

No. I'm not serious.

kanawearspantie
2010-06-05, 07:02 PM
OOC: HInata wantstofind thatbigofa sheath? Sure, why not!