PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Adventure

Tao the Ninja
2010-05-06, 07:28 PM
It is noon in Viridian City. Three young men find themselves in the center square: Ken Lancer, Corbin Tan, and Daren Tomas.

Choose a color for speech.

Mando Knight
2010-05-06, 10:29 PM
Taking Dark Red. Might I suggest creating an OOC thread in the appropriate subforum (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21), as well?

Ken flips open his Pokégear, apparently checking something while muttering to himself. He's walking out of the Poké Mart with a bag slung over his shoulder and a Charmander waddling adorably after him.

First order of business: purchase 10 Potions and 2 sets of 10 Poké Balls, getting 2 Premier Balls as a bonus. Total cost: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8c/Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png8000 out of
http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/8/8c/Pok%C3%A9monDollar.png20000.

Edge of Dreams
2010-05-07, 12:05 AM
OOC:

Taking DarkGreen for Daren's speech.

I'd like to hear a little more from our DM about how this is going to be run in general, especially things like how to know who wins a battle, to what degree we can 'speak for' npcs or describe scenery on our own, etc.

For now though... RP, I choose you!

Daren Thomas wanders through the central plaza of Viridian City, marveling at the tallest buildings he's ever seen. He pats Sasha's pokeball on his belt, knowing she'd rather be out, but afraid she wouldn't handle the bustling crowds and speeding vehicles of the big city well.

Staring up at the signs above the pokemart and the flashy advertising, Daren doesn't notice the man with the pokegear until they run right into each other.

"I'm sorry, sir!" Daren apologizes quickly, and is about to walk away when his curiosity gets the better of him. "Say, that's some mighty fancy tech you've got there. Ooh, and is this cute little pokemon yours? What species is it? I've never seen one of those before," he says, reaching down to scratch the Charmander under the chin.

Mando Knight
2010-05-07, 12:55 PM
Ken shakes himself off a bit after the collision. Somewhat surprising for someone who's so obviously American, he replies in rather fluent Japanese.

"That's a Charmander. I'm surprised you don't know it, actually, since I got it from Professor Oak."

Charmander takes the scratching a bit, then jumps up into Ken's arms. "Charmander!"

Ken replies to Charmander in roughly the same tone as a kind big brother talks to his kid brother. "Think he's a nice enough guy, huh?"

Edge of Dreams
2010-05-07, 02:49 PM
Daren frowns a little, realizing he's showing his ignorance of the greater world of pokemon.

"Well, to be honest, this is the farthest I've ever been from my family's farm. I took a delivery of berries to Professor Oak's lab in Pallet Town once, but he was busy and I only got to talk to his assistant."

Daren sighs. "But, hey, I'm off on my own adventure, now. Although, I'm realizing now I didn't actually have any plans besides 'get to the nearest big city'. Hmm..."

He seems to zone out, staring off at the big buildings around him and wondering what he should do next.

Tao the Ninja
2010-05-07, 02:52 PM
I'd like to hear a little more from our DM about how this is going to be run in general, especially things like how to know who wins a battle, to what degree we can 'speak for' npcs or describe scenery on our own, etc.

Who wins a battle- Ill probably adjucate who wins a battle, usually pokemon will be knocked out after a big attack when theyve taken alot of damage.

Speaking for stuff- as much as you want exept for "major" npcs and people you're battling, i can work around what you say, just keep continuity in mind.

oh, and MK, that's 2000 poke, not 20000.

Mando Knight
2010-05-07, 03:08 PM
Who wins a battle- Ill probably adjucate who wins a battle, usually pokemon will be knocked out after a big attack when theyve taken alot of damage.

Speaking for stuff- as much as you want exept for "major" npcs and people you're battling, i can work around what you say, just keep continuity in mind.

oh, and MK, that's 2000 poke, not 20000.
If you want a replication of the Pokémon battle system, I've got all of the equations on an Excel spreadsheet. The keeping-moves-hidden part is difficult for non-simultaneity reasons, but my spreadsheet can crunch all the PokéNumbers you could want.

...Also, only 2000? Thought it was 20000... Guess I'd better save up, then. Right. I'll take 2 potions and 5 Poké Balls, for 1900. Now I need to find some bratty kids to beat up...

"Well, if it's adventure you want, I suppose you could tag along. I'm taking a tour of Kanto, and my next stop is Pewter City by way of Viridian Forest."

Tao the Ninja
2010-05-07, 03:20 PM
[I]If you want a replication of the Pokémon battle system, I've got all of the equations on an Excel spreadsheet. The keeping-moves-hidden part is difficult for non-simultaneity reasons, but my spreadsheet can crunch all the PokéNumbers you could want.

Thanks for the offer, but I prefer it simpler.

Edge of Dreams
2010-05-07, 03:58 PM
"That sounds great! If we're gonna travel together, I guess I should tell you my name."

Daren bows and gives a very formal-sounding self-introduction

"My name is Daren Thomas. It is very nice to meet you."

Mando Knight
2010-05-07, 06:32 PM
"I'm Lancer. Ken Lancer."

Edge of Dreams
2010-05-08, 11:03 AM
OOC:

So, now that Daren and Ken have met, we need a way to bring in the third member of the group. Where is he, by the way? Should someone try PM'ing him?

Daren just stands there for an awkward moment before asking, "So, uh, what are we going to do now?"

Tao the Ninja
2010-05-08, 12:48 PM
Shadow Elf's offline, I just checked.