PDA

View Full Version : [d20] Just another Fighter thread.

kabof
2010-05-06, 08:19 PM
Okay, first things first, this is not another thread about the Fighter class. It's just a Fighter build that I'm toying with to the next campaing. Before I post it, let's take a look at the house rules and etc:

- No setting specific material, except for the Zhentarim Soldier (they exist as another organization in the DM's setting);
- I'm avoiding using an alternate magic system. The group has some smart players, but they're not very focused in CO. I don't expect to be the strongest guy in the party, but I'm sure I'm not going to need sword magic to play my part properly;
- I'm also avoiding heavy multiclassing. The game'll start around level 10 and to be honest I'm seriously thinking about Rogue 2/Fighter 18, or maybe Rogue 2/Fighter 16/Ronin 2 (I know...).

Now, the build:
Neutral Evil, Human, Feat Rogue 1/Zhentarim Soldier Thug 9 (in that order)
01. Able Learner, Urban Tracking, ???
02. -
03. Combat Focus, Resolute
04. -
05. ???
06. Imperious Command
07. Combat Stability, Combat Vigor
08. -
09. ???
10. -

Skills to max out: Bluff, Intimidate, Gather Information, Sense Motive, UMD.
I also plan to put some ranks in Knowledge [Local], Profession [Gambler] and buying the Never Outnumbered skill trick.

And that's pretty much as far as I went. I still have 3 open feats and I understand that I still miss a combat style. I'm thinking about Power Attack and then using the other 2 feats to enter Ronin. I know it's not the most amazing option, but it fits the character concept (a former militia captain, cast away for being too vicious and gambling too much). Also I have no clue about what to buy: combat gear is fairly simple as soon as I decide my other 2 feats, but I always have a hard time buying magic scrolls and wands for UMD users. The only spellcast I ever played was a Binder.

And that's it. I hope the good folks here in the playground can help me.

ps: I understand that some guys herer are hardcore masters in the CO arts, but if there's anything about this character that I'm sure is that I don't want it to be a Lion Totem Warblade something. I know there are better options, I know that a single level dip in a ToB class or Barbarian could make it much better, I know all that and I don't want it. But thank you anyway and I hope that you may forgive this little transgression of mine.

And don't mind any misstype or gramatical error. English is not my first language.

Amphetryon
2010-05-06, 08:29 PM
Based solely on your requested parameters, you might consider Rogue 2/Fighter 12/Ronin 2/Streetfighter 4. Streetfighter is a nifty little low-powered Prestige Class that gets you an Initiative boost and a bit more damage, nothing overpowering.

Greenish
2010-05-06, 08:30 PM
Fear handbook (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3809.0) for all your intimidation needs.

Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper gives basic charger capabilities, but it also allows you to push people around like the big bully you are. Charge someone and tackle them to another enemy to trip them both. Then say "boo". If you can free up the feats, Combat Expertise and Improved Trip allows you to get free hits at people you trip (didn't you just trip to fellows with your Charge?).