PDA

View Full Version : I think I have suceeded in my life goals. Now what?

Pika...
2010-05-06, 11:01 PM
So interesting.

1. I will be having around 3-6 offspring walking around, all of which will eventually know the truth.
2. I am doing college at my own pace.
3. Thanks to #1, I no longer feel a need to look for a girlfriend/date.
4. I am an easily content person in life. #1 and I thought #3 were my only goals in life, hence why I worked so hard on #2.
5. I am finding a way of being/a code/whatever you want to call it from Norse mythology.

Now what I find myself asking. I am not one to want riches or such (wouldn't turn it down, but not like I care to seek it). I feel content now, and not sure what I could possibly want from this point on. It is such a strange feeling.

Deth Muncher
2010-05-06, 11:25 PM
So interesting.

1. I will be having around 3-6 offspring walking around, all of which will eventually know the truth.
2. I am doing college at my own pace.
3. Thanks to #1, I no longer feel a need to look for a girlfriend/date.
4. I am an easily content person in life. #1 and I thought #3 were my only goals in life, hence why I worked so hard on #2.
5. I am finding a way of being/a code/whatever you want to call it from Norse mythology.

Now what I find myself asking. I am not one to want riches or such (wouldn't turn it down, but not like I care to seek it). I feel content now, and not sure what I could possibly want from this point on. It is such a strange feeling.

I would argue that three is invalid, because significant others are good for things other than just making babies, y'know. :P There's always the companionship thing.

Mando Knight
2010-05-06, 11:29 PM
Look outside sometime. You might see a big gray rock floating up there. Try to get there.

golentan
2010-05-06, 11:58 PM

Well, if #1 was all you wanted with #3 I can see why you failed to accomplish it.

I don't understand your obsession with reproduction, pika. I really don't. Maybe it's because I was a Neuter for much of my life. But I can assure you, there are much finer things to aspire to.

You've hit a goal: now set a new one. Think big. Really, really big.

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-07, 12:09 AM
I don't understand your obsession with reproduction, pika. I really don't. Maybe it's because I was a Neuter for much of my life. But I can assure you, there are much finer things to aspire to.

I'm not pika, but there is no baser instinct than reproduction for all living beings. Even survival of the self is only to facilitate reproduction and protection of the young. While most humans do not operate purely on instinct, it is still a pretty big part of our lives. It also colors how humans view sexual relationships in general, even if reproduction is not the aim of those relationships, per se. For example, it is one of the main reasons why, until recently, men were more accepted when they had multiple relationships as opposed to women in most societies (who are roughly equal in sex ratios): a man can impregnate many women in nine months, but a woman can be impregnated once.

TSGames
2010-05-07, 12:18 AM

Read Nietzsche, will yourself to become the extraordinary man: it will be fun! inces**** animi virescit volnere virtu

drakir_nosslin
2010-05-07, 12:26 AM
A man saw a ball of gold in the sky;
He climbed for it,
And eventually he achieved it --
It was clay.

Now this is the strange part:
When the man went to the earth
And looked again,
Lo, there was the ball of gold.
Now this is the strange part:
It was a ball of gold.
Aye, by the heavens, it was a ball of gold.

-Stephen Maria Crane

You'll find new goals to achieve, because such is man. We need dreams to chase, and we find them ourselves.
Don't worry Pika, life is long and there is no need to rush through it, checking things off a list.
Congratulations on having reached what you were going for, not everybody does that. Now out and play! :smallsmile:

Dienekes
2010-05-07, 12:33 AM
Congrats, you got what you wanted out of life. Now look outdoors, and see what everyone else needs. See what can be done to fix that.

thubby
2010-05-07, 01:00 AM
set out to make the world a better place for your less-than-conventional children.
and not in that "i have an aspiration" way, in the "I'm on the school board, volunteer for a x advocate group" way.

Keld Denar
2010-05-07, 01:00 AM

So you went through with this? I remember when you mentioned that you were considering it, but never heard the conclusion. You're adoring fans request more details!

EDIT: When you suceed in all of your goals, make MOAR goals!

Pika...
2010-05-07, 01:47 AM
I would argue that three is invalid, because significant others are good for things other than just making babies, y'know. :P There's always the companionship thing.

I have always been a loner.

Pika...
2010-05-07, 01:53 AM
Congrats, you got what you wanted out of life. Now look outdoors, and see what everyone else needs. See what can be done to fix that.

Hmm...

You might have a great point.

I should visit that cannery a friend invited me to.

Pika...
2010-05-07, 01:56 AM
So you went through with this? I remember when you mentioned that you were considering it, but never heard the conclusion. You're adoring fans request more details!

EDIT: When you suceed in all of your goals, make MOAR goals!

Fans?! I have fans? O.o

Well...

I have helped one already, but sadly it failed to take. Will be trying again, though.

At least two of the couples know they want to reuse me. The third will depend on their future financial abilities.

rakkoon
2010-05-07, 02:00 AM
You can surely make more goals and I can think of a few based on your list. However, this might just be a time in which you can relax for a bit and enjoy the moment.

Ranna
2010-05-07, 03:55 AM
I think you should pat yourself on the back and have a mojito.

What about travelling that interests you at all?

Pika...
2010-05-07, 03:56 AM
You'll find new goals to achieve, because such is man. We need dreams to chase, and we find them ourselves.
Don't worry Pika, life is long and there is no need to rush through it, checking things off a list.
Congratulations on having reached what you were going for, not everybody does that. Now out and play! :smallsmile:

Thing is, I really do not want new goals. I am content.

If I could lay down now (well, after the kids are made)and join the gods I would. I mean, in the end nothing I do in life or accomplish will withstand Death and time. Nothing except descendants, which in my case are spread across the country and the following generation will hopefully spread further. Through them I will survive the ages, or at least a small part of me will.

You can surely make more goals and I can think of a few based on your list. However, this might just be a time in which you can relax for a bit and enjoy the moment.

Yeah, relax. :smallsmile:

Deca
2010-05-07, 04:27 AM
Are you content? Satisfied?

Then just sit back and enjoy life. You don't need more goals if you are happy with what you now have. Just have fun and be merry.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-05-07, 04:28 AM
1. Be happy, enjoy life.
2. Get so well known, that you're written down in history books.

Comet
2010-05-07, 04:31 AM
If I could lay down now (well, after the kids are made)and join the gods I would. I mean, in the end nothing I do in life or accomplish will withstand Death and time.

Stop thinking like that. There's a lot more to life than just achieving a set of goals. Now that you feel you have won the game of life, it's time to have fun! Get out there and keep trucking on, knowing that you have done your best and will continue to do so for a long time to come. :smallcool:

The Rose Dragon
2010-05-07, 04:33 AM
Consider adopting a child.

Apparently, you are going to leave your genetic destiny behind already. Now it is time to leave your mental destiny behind. Raise a child. Teach him how to act, how to be a good person, etc.

Boo
2010-05-07, 04:53 AM
So interesting.

You're not having enough babies. Drink some Powerthirst (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs#t=0m53s).

katans
2010-05-07, 04:56 AM
Thing is, I really do not want new goals. I am content.
Then enjoy it while it lasts. It maybe won't for long, who knows.

If I could lay down now (well, after the kids are made)
You could also lay down WHILE the... aaaand I'm outta here.:smallbiggrin:

and join the gods I would.
Why would you do that if you have acheived all your goals in life?

I mean, in the end nothing I do in life or accomplish will withstand Death and time.
Not indefinitely, probably, unless you become a breakthrough thinker, artist, leader or criminal.
On the other hand, why would you want to accomplish something that withstands Death and time?

Nothing except descendants, which in my case are spread across the country and the following generation will hopefully spread further. Through them I will survive the ages, or at least a small part of me will.
I dearly hope there's more to you than mere chromosomes. May I point out that almost every animal on this planet does achieve this kind of goal without much effort? It sounds to me like "hey, my goal is to eat, drink, sleep, breathe and eliminate body waste". Geez, talk about an accomplishment.

Tengu_temp
2010-05-07, 05:15 AM
The way I see it, as long as you're not financially independent, you haven't succeeded in your life yet - you're still preparing for it.