PDA

View Full Version : Soulbound Weapon Question.

Vizzerdrix
2010-05-07, 02:42 AM
At level 1 you pick the weapon. Can you later change your selection to a different weapon of the same type? (Say, a plain mace now, to a masterwork, dwarven craft or Alchemical Silver mace)

Vizzerdrix
2010-05-07, 08:05 PM
Anyone? Yes, no?

Eldariel
2010-05-07, 08:13 PM
I assume you're talking about Soulbound Weaponry (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070214a). It says "This is a specific weapon every time you summon it..." making me believe you're stuck with the same. Also, Call Weaponry power doesn't seem to support creating anything but normal versions of the weapon. That said, it should be simple enough to figure powers for bypassing Drs and you'll have enough enhancement that sunder-type stuff or enhancement bonus to hit (from Mw.) won't be a problem and as such, this does not seem very relevant.

Vizzerdrix
2010-05-08, 06:52 AM
Shoot. I was planning on going with one of those special crystals for the material. I think I saw one that does a little exrta damage if you feed it a few PP.

Edit: Deep Crystal. 2pp for 2d6.

Anyways, thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I can pull it off with retraining shenanigans.

Hmm... Maybe starting with a busted Deep Crystal weapon

Optimystik
2010-05-08, 09:24 AM
With Soulbound Weapon, start with the weapon you want to end up with. Even if you can't wield it yet (being Exotic for example,) you can still use Call Weaponry normally until you have the proficiency required for your soulbound weapon.

Since you can't change it but it continues to scale with your level, it will just wait in the wings.

Vizzerdrix
2010-05-08, 10:16 AM
With Soulbound Weapon, start with the weapon you want to end up with. Even if you can't wield it yet (being Exotic for example,) you can still use Call Weaponry normally until you have the proficiency required for your soulbound weapon.

Since you can't change it but it continues to scale with your level, it will just wait in the wings.

So... Select a weapon I don't own? Proficiency isn't the issue. The issue is obtaining a weapon made from an expensive material with the class feature, be it for mechanical or flavor reasons.