PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Expand to Huge size...

gallagher
2010-05-07, 12:18 PM
if i am huge, do i get to choose if i am long or tall? for those who dont know or are afb, long gives me a 10 foot reach and tall gives me 15.

also, does my threat range increase any because i am wielding a bigger sword? i realize that that would probably come down to house rule, but shouldnt a bigger sword increase my threatened area? some would argue that the reach includes the swords length into the equation, but then why would my unarmed strikes also threaten the same area?

jindra34
2010-05-07, 12:20 PM
if i am huge, do i get to choose if i am long or tall? for those who dont know or are afb, long gives me a 10 foot reach and tall gives me 15.
Why would you ever want to chose long (which is different from what most humanoids are)?

also, does my threat range increase any because i am wielding a bigger sword? i realize that that would probably come down to house rule, but shouldnt a bigger sword increase my threatened area? some would argue that the reach includes the swords length into the equation, but then why would my unarmed strikes also threaten the same area?
As in reach? Auto increases to sizes above, and sorry punch and sword have same range. If critical threat range then no, your damage does go up though.

gallagher
2010-05-07, 12:23 PM
Why would you ever want to chose long (which is different from what most humanoids are)?

As in reach? Auto increases to sizes above, and sorry punch and sword have same range. If critical threat range then no, your damage does go up though. well one would choose long if space was an issue, such as a low ceiling or something. just having the option makes it slightly more versatile.

and yeah i meant reach. what do you mean my damage goes up? just to verify, in case i missed something that would make me better, i get increased weapon damage (so my large jovar, thanks to strongarm bracers, go from 3d6 to a gargantuan 5d6, correct?) and i also get +4 to strength, so +3 damage from being 2 handed.

did i miss anything?

Obrysii
2010-05-07, 12:53 PM
If it is a Gargantuan spear, it should do 6d6. Your strength increases by +4, which does indeed increase a two-handed weapon's strength bonus to damage by +3.

So if you had Str 16 and grew to Huge-sized, you'd have Str 20. Your damage would be 6d6+7, but you'd also have a -2 to AC and attack due to size.

Curmudgeon
2010-05-07, 01:32 PM
if i am huge, do i get to choose if i am long or tall?
You don't get to choose; you just scale up in all dimensions.

sonofzeal
2010-05-07, 01:48 PM
...but you'd also have a -2 to AC and attack due to size.
Small quibble - the Str boost cancels out the Attack penalty for most characters likely to be expanding.

gallagher
2010-05-07, 10:01 PM
Small quibble - the Str boost cancels out the Attack penalty for most characters likely to be expanding.
yeah, i find it to be a little under-whelming though. i only have a problem with the lack of a constitution upgrade. wouldnt you think that since you are losing 2 to your AC, and 4 for me since i am going up two categories, and that since you are becoming easier to hit, you should get a few more hitpoints?

i know that it is a low level power, but it seems that by becoming bigger, that at least you have more blood to lose, or that it is harder for the same amount of poison to effect you

sonofzeal
2010-05-07, 11:29 PM
yeah, i find it to be a little under-whelming though. i only have a problem with the lack of a constitution upgrade. wouldnt you think that since you are losing 2 to your AC, and 4 for me since i am going up two categories, and that since you are becoming easier to hit, you should get a few more hitpoints?

i know that it is a low level power, but it seems that by becoming bigger, that at least you have more blood to lose, or that it is harder for the same amount of poison to effect you
It's already one of the better powers out there, I wouldn't push for any more.

Optimystik
2010-05-08, 12:01 AM

Curiously enough, Righteous Might does do this, and the bonus to Con is a "size bonus." Maybe Enlarge Person and Expansion just didn't get the memo?

PhoenixRivers
2010-05-08, 12:06 AM
Curiously enough, Righteous Might does do this, and the bonus to Con is a "size bonus." Maybe Enlarge Person and Expansion just didn't get the memo?

Maybe they're 4 levels lower, lol.