PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Kren Sea

Erad
2010-05-07, 01:53 PM
The tavern "The Fat Mermaid" of town Karetos was full this evening. All the non-decent folk: outlaws, scoundrels, job seekers, tired fishermen and others gathered tonight. Usually, you would expect screams, bar fights, sailors trying to outdrink each other, but not today.
No, of course drinks were flowing, but everyone was strangely silent. Even breath was hardly heard. All eyes were on a small table with dice on it. A competition was going on, a game of dice with unbelievably high bets.

From one side there was a very huge man. His size was nearly double from any ordinary man, you could almost believe that he had giants in close heritage. He was shaking the dice in his hands quite nervously, and indeed there was reason for it. Why?..

In front of him was sitting an old man. A really old. He looked like he spent all his life at sea, visiting shore only when was forced. He too held the dice quite nervously.

Perhaps both were drunk. Perhaps they did it out of boredom. Perhaps they liked risks. But the facts, the bets were real. Everyone, every tonight's visitor heard about it. The old man bet the last thing he had: a small ship. A small, yes, but still bigger then boats that others had. A ship was the ticket out of the hole with name Karetos.

Giant was ready to risk it. He was so confident, that he dared to put himself as bet: should he lose he'll become slave of old man for the rest of his life.

Bets were high and everyone watched the game afraid to breath.

The old man rolled his dice. They spinned for a few moments and stopped.
[3] [3] [5] [3] [2].

- Three equals, - gasped someone, - not bad.

And Giant threw his dice on table too. The spinned and:
[6][6][6][2][2]

A few moments there was deadly silence. And then the tavern exploded in thunder of applause and screams.

- An anchor to my throat! - gasped old man, - fullhouse! I... Congratulations my son... Swordfish is now yours. And I...

The old man began to cry, stood and left.

And everyone was congratulating the victor.

Loki 14
2010-05-07, 08:22 PM
"Woohoo!" The giant man said in his deep baritone voice while standing up raising his hands with only the slightest twinge of sympathy for the man.
"Thank you kindly old man, The goddess of the dice be with me tonight!"
"3 gallon of ale my kind man!" He says waving to the bartender.
"Everyone fill your glasses!" The giant then flips the bartender a gold coin.

"And now what do you all think i should name my new ship!" he bellows.
(1 gallon costs 2 silver)

Erad
2010-05-08, 10:46 AM
- Of course good man, - answered bartender and brought a huge jar of beer.

A thin elf left the surrounding crowd and came closer to victor.

- What do you intend to do now? - he asked, - If you want, I know a man who just needs a ship. He can offer quite a good price for it. Will five thousands of gold coins do?

Loki 14
2010-05-08, 11:43 AM
(The 3 gallons would equal about 10 liters btw)

"Sorry kid but this ship is mine." he says looking at the small elf with a smile on his face.

"NOW WHO SHALL JOIN MY CREW!" He bellows out looking around.

Arden
2010-05-08, 11:46 AM
Killian slouched over his drink, feeling as if he were the only one not entirely captivated by the gambling. Already washed out, but still young, he could only dream of having such luck in gambling. Not that he could afford it now. The man had been out of job for nearly a month, and he was already almost out of money. In fact, this was probably the last glass of ale he could afford.

Lucky bastard.

Still, there was something about the gambler. A certain assuredness in his tone, or the squareness of his back. It wasn't just his immense size, but instead, something about him was encouraging. Mayb"NOW WHO SHALL JOIN MY CREW!"

Killian stood up almost immediately. In doing so, he almost fell over just as quickly. It was either sell his gun, live in the streets, or be a sailor. Besides, what's the worst that could happen?

"What," groaned Killian, holding onto his stool for support, "might that entail?"

Loki 14
2010-05-08, 11:58 AM
The large man grins as Killian stands up.

"It would entail riches for the price of working on my ship and for helping out in the...how should i say line of duty" He chuckles to himself allowing everyone in the room to try to figure out what he was implying.

Erad
2010-05-08, 12:05 PM
- I need a job - shouted someone from behind.
- I am good sailor, - yelled two dwarves at the same moment and looked violently one on another.
- I am good too... - Pick me... - I know how to sail...

All the tavern was shouting. It seemed that a new captain will have no problem with crew for his ship.

- And I offer myself for the position of the first mate, said someone.
It was...

(Loki14, feel free to write who was it. It can be your friend from the past, or a new man. Your leadership rank is: 7(level)+2(cha)+2(have a ship)-1(wanderer)=10 That makes 7 level cohort and 5 1st level pirates, not including PCs. Choose NPC crew members too, race, appearance etc)

Arden
2010-05-08, 12:12 PM
"line of duty"

Killian understood the implications - piracy. The occupation certainly wasn't new to Karetos. Growing up, Killian had dealt with pirates coming and going, and had learned that the best thing was to stay out of their way. He also knew that despite their influence, their job was a dangerous one. Just when you thought a crew was untouchable, there was always a bigger, stronger ship that took them out. Or at least kept them in line.

The Halfling stepped up to the giant over thrice his size and held out his hand, silently offering his loyalty to the new Captain.

Loki 14
2010-05-08, 12:21 PM
"Good man" he says reaching out his hand to the little halfling.
I have a good feeling about this little one The giant thinks to himself sizing him up, no pun intended.

OOC: Way more then twice your size...probaly like 3 times xD turns out im more then 3 times your size. You come up to Damions like knee.

Loki 14
2010-05-08, 03:01 PM
It was Saafron Keel. One of the strongest most wicked female pirates of this century, an old friend from Damions old crew(he was part of the crew). She was a woman that everyone thought was the reincarnation of Calypso herself. Together they faced many things and to each other made many a promise.

no eyepatch http://i43.tinypic.com/14nmzpu.jpg

Tyrael
2010-05-09, 01:17 AM
Sorry about my lateness posting, everyone. Today was my college graduation, and so for the last few days I've been running around getting ready for that.

A thin elf steps forward, armed to the teeth as his long gray coat drapes o his knees. A slender rapier is belted at his hip, with a dagger thrust into the belt loop. Two bandoleers of throwing knives criss-cross his chest, and a pistol seems to be tucked into his belt on his other hip. A wide-brimmed felt hat rests on top of his head, and silver hair cascades to his shoulders. A single, piercing emerald eye regards the gigantic man with approval, but his other eye is covered with an eyepatch, with a deep scar visible coming from beneath it.

The elf tilts the brim of his hat back and stares up at the giant man thoughtfully. A strange grin suddenly lights his features, revealing pointed teeth for a moment before he thrusts forward a slender and dexterous hand. "At yer sssservissse, Cap'n," he hisses, a forked tongue flicking out of his mouth at the sibilants.

Erad
2010-05-09, 01:36 AM
- And here is more ale, - bartender brought another jar, - Congratulations on your victory captain!

Another man came out of the crowd. It was a large, tough guy with heavy saber on his belt.

- If you wanna to do... serious business cap-n, I have an offer for ye. Have you ever heard of Vile Norgat?

(All of you did, it's one of the most known pirates. For more knowledge roll.)

Loki 14
2010-05-09, 02:19 AM
"Good to have you aboard!" The giant man bellows reaching his hand out to grip yours. The giant man looks down noticing the creatures pistol.
"You a good shot?" He says looking at you."Wait pardon me a second"
"Course ive heard of him, im not daft." he looks at the man taking a good large sip of his ale.
"Now whats your offer"

Erad
2010-05-09, 03:31 AM
- There are... rumors cap-n, that he is going to bury part of his treasures somewhere. You probably heard that he is very rich, so he can't always carry all his gold on the ship, right? I think that I know where he would like to hide his things. If you take me with you, I can show where it is. But I want half of the treasure and no less!

- Ha! - laughed Saafron, - And you really expect us to believe you? Don't trust him Big Boy, he just wants to lure you into trap.

- I do not, - answered man, - I am coming with you, right? You can always punish me if I betray you.

Loki 14
2010-05-09, 03:42 AM
"Think about this little man." the giant looks at him.
"If we help you steal this gold then not only will we have made angry one of the best pirates ever, we will also mainly be taking the blame because of you surely." he looks around
"Now if he challenged people to find his gold and there where no repercussions, i would join you" he chuckles drinking more ale.

Erad
2010-05-09, 06:46 AM
You aren't risky type, are you? - asked man, - How will Norgat know that it was us who stole his treasure? I offer you a fortune of gold, but you refuse!

Sekolah
2010-05-09, 09:36 AM
"Greetings Captain, I would like to offer my humble services." An older man steps out of the shadows of the bar and approaches the small crowd gathering around the new captain.
"I can handle myself in a fight and I've had some experience working on ships, both crewing and repairing them. I am Dorian Stormbane," the old man introduces himself. He stands a head taller than most everyone in the bar and yet he must still crane his neck to see the captain. A stalwart grey cloak is wrapped around his proud shoulders and torchlight from the torch in the wall glints off a gigantic sword strapped to his back and reflects in his pure blue eyes showing a sternness of demeanor that makes any who would think ill of him avert their eye.
"And I would have to advise you take this lucrative venture. How else will you make a name for yourself in this difficult world? Life will not wait for you, captain. You must take it."

Loki 14
2010-05-09, 11:40 AM
"Greetings"
"hmmm" The giant thinks now with a new perspective. "Ok we'll go get your gold but little man, you will get your share of the treasure like everyone else. Based on how much help you are.
He stares at the man with a deep intensity bending over slightly.
Diplomacy 1d20+10

Arden
2010-05-09, 12:48 PM
Keeping quiet until now, Killian muttered quietly to himself, "Norgat, Norgat, Vile Norgat..." It felt as if some piece of information was dancing on the tip of his tongue, but he couldn't manage to reach it.

Common (untrained) Knowledge Check:
[roll0]

Erad
2010-05-09, 12:57 PM
- Well, I guess I have no other choice then just join your crew, - replied the man. I agree to your conditions. You mentioned that I'll get the same share as everyone. What would that be exactly? Have you already made a pirate agreement?

- He's right captain, - said Saafron, - all pirate captains make a special agreement about duties, shares, punishments, limitations and other things. As I understand you haven't done it yet? I suggest we do it now, as far as I understand that's all crew you will get. And if not, others can always sign it later.

(Killian failed to remember more information)

Loki's roll [roll0]

kopout
2010-05-09, 02:44 PM
A man who had been sitting near the back of the bar adressed the giant. "If I'm not intruding I would like to join your crew. I could use a steady job mister..."

Loki 14
2010-05-09, 05:04 PM
"good job lad" he says.

"hmmm well, everyone has a skill. And everyone will be assigned a job according to that skill. Now theres a trick our captain used to use for us for evening to gold remember saafron? Anyways for those of you who dont know, In case of a large fight you'll remove the right ear of your opponent and the shares are split on how many you kill, no kill stealing. other then that I myself get 20% of the loot then Saafron you'll get 15% and the boatswain will get 10% The rest of the gold is then evenly divied up between the rest of the crew." He stops to catch his breath and takes a sip of ale.
"If you screwup and it causes the death of a teamate then ill let the rest of the group decide your fate." He then gets slightly more cheerful and takes another sip of his Ale.

Sekolah
2010-05-09, 10:53 PM
"So I have to stop in the middle of a battle to collect my opponent's ear? Seems too complicated," the proud man grumbles.
"What if I ain't inclined to have my back stabbed while I'm making sure I get paid?"

Erad
2010-05-10, 04:52 AM
- All your rules and conditions must be written, captain, - said Saafron, - so neither you, nor crew could go back from his words. And explain better about those "percents", not all here are literal.

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-10, 05:02 AM
Pilinth The Unnamed.

What would be a massively imposing figure among the humans slowly knuckles it's way over, then with a cheery grin the Hadozee tosses his broad-brimmed cap up from his right hand to his left and back again, as he lets his oil-slicked jacket fall open. A brown stained network of boiled leather plates and straps crossed his chest, to bind strangely on his ankles and rest on his shoulders. The flap of skin, seemingly akin to a flying squirrel's stretching between his outstretched arm and his ankle making the odd armor cut explainable. From his belt, hangs a simple banana knife and the holster for a dueling pistol. As he's been shifting the cap, he seems to have added the dueling pistol to the mix. Pantomiming a gunshot, he flips it to himself, and slides it back into the holster, the small hole drilled into the handle, and the leather thong affixing it to his belt trailing. A similar line holds the knife. Hanging opposite the pistol, is a coil of hempen rope.

Looking up at the captain, he burbles.

For those speaking Aquan: I want the waves.

His black fur rippling as he shifts, the deck ape, while hunched still looms a head over the elves, but the rope also criss-crossing his chest, and the bit of sailcloth folded and tied to his back as a crude backpack shows he knows quite a number of knots. He grins, suddenly showing his teeth, catching his hat in his hands, finger nervously plucking at the white feather tucked into it's brim-strap. He waits, for an answer.

sum1won
2010-05-10, 05:29 AM
A tatooed orc shoulders his way forwards. He's nearly as massive as the captain, despite being half his height, and he's not at all shy at using his bulk to get up front as he basically powers through the watching crowd. He's got a whip coiled at one side, and a shortsword at the other. His seabag lies at his feet, tied to a large, well-crafted polearm.

"Name's Todd, and I'll serve as bos'n, an got the affidavits an' tags to prove my worth. If you're needing one, I can keep these boys under any thumb you'll be choosing. I was never much of one for figurin' too keen, though I got learn'd some book-keeping a few trips out. You wanna explain what all them per-cints are?"

Nat. 1 on the untrained knowledge check. I almost know less about this famous pirate dude then I once did, if that were possible...
Loki, if I can suggest you rephrase the booty-thing in terms of shares? And maybe like Erad suggested, a formal contract? My character may be able to help there-as a bos'n, he'd have some experience, and assigning it to him would be a decent first job. Though as an orc barbarian/fighter he wouldn't be great at it.

Also, I suppose as a level 4ish character, some of you may have heard of him or maybe even shipped with him already. He's not very nice.

Loki 14
2010-05-11, 08:22 PM
"Make sure you get them dosent mean you have to do it right away, though if anyone has a better idea speak now or go cut off some ears"

Sekolah
2010-05-11, 09:07 PM
"I see no reason for shares to not be split evenly at all times. Someone's use may not be on the battlefield but that does not mean they should be paid less. Award yourself and your people higher wages but do not force your crew to bicker over ears. I would not trust these folk to leave my ears for me."

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-11, 09:36 PM
Pilinth The Unnamed.

Pulling free his kukri, Pilinth tests it by scraping it against his nail, as he warily eyes Dorian's ears.

Loki 14
2010-05-11, 11:55 PM
"Fine equal shares it is" He smirks taking another sip of his ale he continues
"But if someone aint pulling their weight..." he sips some more "well, ill tell Saafron" He looks at you.
"And you dont want Saafron involved"

Erad
2010-05-12, 07:20 AM
Should we take a look on that "Swordfish", captain - asked the man who offered to find treasure, - By the way you can call me Big Bran. When there are less ears andeyes around, I'll show you that isle oin the map. Eh... Hope you have map, captain?
And I also think that it's time for you to introduce yourself like we all did.

Loki 14
2010-05-12, 10:59 PM
(If the ship dosent come with the things we need like maps and anchors where screwed)

"No..he says. A map i have not." he drinks some more ale seeming somewhat depressed. "I'm Damion Hiffle" He says looking around to make sure no one laughs at his name.

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-12, 11:15 PM
Pilinth

"Swordfish?" Asks Pilinth, scratching idly the back of his head with his knife before tucking it back into it's sheathe. He looks quizzically at the new Captain, as if asking him to confirm or deny, the keeping of a old ship's name and luck, or the forging of his own destiny with a new call for her.

Sekolah
2010-05-12, 11:21 PM
"Well met Captain. May we have favourable winds and gold aplenty. I look forward to sailing with you."

Turning his attention to the ape Dorian smiles and nods. Extending his hand he speaks in Aquan, "Well met friend. I am Dorian, able-bodied sailor and shipbuilder."

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-12, 11:31 PM
Pilinth

Waving a hand, and sparing a quick glance, Pillinth keeps up his focus on the little bigman.

(Aquan)I'm out of bananas. And metal-filled wheels. I'mPilinth.
(Aquan)"I practiced tugging, I filled the wind-satchel the waters gave, and scattered the ashes of loss to the Deeps. I need a name, not a shell-dropped-hand-to-hand.

Erad
2010-05-13, 08:01 AM
- Our destination is Green Fox isle, it's a few days of travel to the east, not far from Elven lands - said Big Bran. But if you don't have a map, I'll have to navigate there myself, and without navigational equipment, I promise nothing. I really hope that Swordfish have all needed things or we will be lost at sea for sure!

Loki 14
2010-05-13, 09:16 PM
"Swordfish is not the name of my vessel!" He looks at the man firmly. "The name of the ship be...Calypso's Jewel!" He looks around to see if anyone shows distaste towards the name. "Ok everyone lets take a look at my jewel."

Tyrael
2010-05-14, 01:02 AM
Snake rolls his eyes, but falls into step behind the enormous captain.

Erad
2010-05-14, 07:47 AM
The port was just outside of the tavern. There were a few ships there, but only one small pink.

When pirates came closer, they saw that the ship is old and battered, but relatively clean. There was no one on board, it seemed that former captain didn't sail for quite a long time.

Former Swordfish, and now Calypso Jewel was rather small, about 15 yards, fit for about 20 people. Ship's hull, sails and steering-wheel seemed to be working in order.

In the hold pirates found equipment needed for sail, like ropes, hooks, additional sailcloth and planks and magically conserved food, that could be enough for about two weeks of travel. There were also a few small cannons and enough cannonballs and grapeshot ammunition.

In the captain quarters Damion found an old and somewhat inaccurate map, that still was better then nothing.

As for crew quarters, there were enough hammocks there, but they sure needed a bit of cleaning. And something had to be done about rats. Fortunately barrels with food were warded against them, but spell couldn't last forever.

To summarize, ship was indeed fit for travel.

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-14, 08:14 PM
Pilinth

Stopping at the dock's end, and waiting for the official captain's permission to come aboard, Pilinth holds a salute until given the go-ahead.

Once he has that, he's off like a shot, scrambling up the rigging, testing ropes, bouncing on cross-spars and rocking the crows nest from side to side. Clambering all over the ship, he works to get a working feel for it's squeaky floorboards, which ropes need to be replaced (if any), and what shortcuts it seemed the former crew used (from patched rubbed raw by the passage of many hands).

Once he has that, he beings climbing again. This time, he goes as high as he can, and standing aloft, on the tip of the mask, he shouts out

I am Pilinth Jewelclimber!

And LEAPS!

[roll0]

Tyrael
2010-05-14, 09:21 PM
"More like Pilinth Loudmouth," Snake mutters sourly.

sum1won
2010-05-15, 11:05 AM
On the way out the door, Todd turns to the captain...

"Cap'n, I notice you don't have a set of articles writ' up yet. You want me to write 'em up for you?"

However, on seeing the diminutive ship, he sniggers a little

"Your 'Jewels' aint so big, sir. Now, about them articles..."
Sense motive DC to 'get it'
[roll0]

Erad
2010-05-15, 11:05 AM
For a few moments it looks like Pilinth is going to hit the deck, possibly breaking it. But no, he lands directly on his feet, showing a great skill at acrobatics. Another one could break something, but not Hadozee. Sure Pilinth is not afraid of heights!

Sekolah
2010-05-15, 11:37 PM
"Hmm. Reckless," the knight mutters. "If you break something I'm not fixing it!"

After shouting to the Hadozee he walks up to check out what kind of shape the ship is in.

I'm not sure if I can do this but if I can here's a craft (shipmaking) roll to determine the shape of the ship.
[roll0]

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-16, 12:09 AM
Pilinth Jewelclimber

Grinning widely, showing teeth less designed for grain and more for ripping and tearing, Pilinth scrambles up a guide-rope, and leaping from that, stretches out his arms and legs to their fullest, letting the skin between them catch the breeze, and seems to fly over. Those of keen eye and practiced at it, would be able to tell it's not true flight, but he glides more than four times the distance he descends. Still grinning widely, he gives a little hop upon landing, and stretching out his arm, gestures to it, murmuring only "Hadozee no fall."

Erad
2010-05-16, 09:39 AM
The ship has a traditional structure, it is relatively narrow about 5 yards width, with sharp prow and straight stern. The ship begins to get narrow about 4 yards from prow. It has one mast, also about 5 yards height with triangle sails. With it's current load it raises about 6 feet above the sea level.

(Need more details?)

Arden
2010-05-16, 01:55 PM
Killian boards the ship silently and familiarizes himself with the general structure. The captain's Jewel doesn't really impress Killian, but he isn't one to complain. He shrugs as he looks about himself, watching the antics of his new fellow shipmates, then turns to look out towards the sea.

What am I doing here? I don't know anything about any of these people... Oh well. I guess it's time I put my trigger finger to use again, and began earning a decent meal.

Loki 14
2010-05-16, 03:14 PM
Captain damion walks aboard giving the signal looking around the ship he mutters "What a piece of...he stops midsentence to see a man jump. What the f*** he thinks to himself.

"Yes write up the articles" He looks around at his crew of acrobats.
The captain chuckles about the joke made noticing nobody else does before heading into a more serious place of mind.
Oh boy here we go
"Report to my quarters when your finished...shouldnt take to long" he says looking at his Jewel...he then mumbles something to himself that no once can hear.

He then goes to the captains quarters and start setting up his stuff.

On whatever bed like thing their currently is he puts two bedrolls. He then hangs his pair of manacles right above his bed, he puts his hempen rops on the wall near his manacles, his signal whistle hangs on his neck, and if theres a little table he drags it by his bed and puts a lamp on it, he puts his looting sack on the floor beside his bed, he then sets up his chest with all his gold in it and his lock onto it, he then brings his food to the sealed barrels and puts it in, he also sets up his 2 barrels(gallons) of ale in the room, sets his portable ram on the wall, and the sets his winter blanket onto his bed.
While he does all this his dog jumps onto his bed.

He then walks outside and hands everyone a clay tankard and keeps one for himself before going back to his quarters and waiting for the list.

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-16, 06:46 PM
Pilinth

Knuckling his way below decks, Pilinth pulls out the tankard, and claims a spot by the wall his knuckle-tapping seems to suggest is sturdiest. Untying the knots, and stringing up his hammock of sorts, Pilinth then nicks the tankard, scratching a rude drawing of his face glowering into it, to mark it as his. Hanging that, in a loop from his hammock, he knuckles back abovedecks to see what is to come next.

[roll0]
Use Rope: Supposed to be a secret. If I can take a 10, it's a 19, or even a 20, it's 29. He is very excited, if that is enough: [roll1]
[roll2]

sum1won
2010-05-16, 07:43 PM
After some rummaging through his sack, Todd pulls out some grimy pieces of parchment and writes on one briefly. He then approaches the cabin and knocks, handing the sheets to Damion. The articles they contain are fairly standard stuff aboard a pirate ship. They are also almost certainly not in his handwriting, except for the scrawl across the top, reading:
ArtiKls off Pyrats off Jewls.

The rest is in much better handwriting and spelling, and probably came from his old ship.

Something crossed out

Article the First:
Each man shall have a vote in the affairs of the company. Officers may be selected or reselected by the crew, if they deem it just and vote accordingly.
A Vote is not to occur after partaking of strong Spirits.
Each man shall accordingly have an equal and just share of provisions and foodstuffs being aboard the vessel.
Article the Second:
If a man is to lose a limb or eye in the course of action, he shall be afforded an additional 100 gold pieces in recompense, and left at port at his convenience.
Article the Third:
Shares are to be divided accordingly: Each able-bodied Company Member is to receive an equal share of acquired goods. Officers are to receive an additional share, totaling two, and the owner of the ship receives an additional share, totaling two if serving as a crewman, or three as an officer.
If a crewperson dies of the cook’s food, the cook’s share is to be suspended for the remainder of the voyage.
In dealing with Items of Particular Value, the order in which members of the Company may choose their share is to be selected by pulling of straws, or similar contrivance.
Article the Fourth:
Lights are to be extinguished from the ship at night.
Gaming and gambling may occur, but this is not to be done with Gold, Silvers, or other treasures of Value, nor is it to occur when Work is in order.
All members are to keep themselves and equipment ready.
No crew shall strike another member on board, but if an affair is to be settled in Arms, it is to take place on Shore.
All who disobey an article of the Fourth shall be dealt with by Stripes, the number to be determined by the Crew.
Article the Fifth:
If a crewmember is found to have Signed with another ship without consulting the company, it is mutiny.
If a crewmember is found to steal or defraud the company, it is mutiny.
If a crewmember, officer or otherwise, is found to be acting against the Vote of the Company in any affair of importance, it is Mutiny.
For these mutinies, the punishment is to be Shot, but this may be changed by a Vote.

"Well, Cap'n? I ken get the rest of the crew to have a look too, but its what we had aboard the last ship I was on. And the one afore that, but not the one afore that un, cuz the one afore that un was a fisher. And nobody cares for a 10th share of a fish."

Loki 14
2010-05-16, 08:55 PM
"It looks grand" the man says. He looks at you "Yes please share it with the crew and make sure everyone get a good nights sleep." he then seems to ge very serious, "And id like you to watch our temporary recruit" he sighs "If you dont mind" Then thinking to himself. "Also could ye put in there that gambling on occasion will be permitted during special events and party's" he chuckles "Would you like to share some ale with me ive got some here" He smiles a large toothy grin before sitting on his bed by his dog and rubs his back with his gigantic hand.

Erad
2010-05-18, 09:10 AM
OOC: What are you doing next? By the way don't bother to roll checks for trivial things like understanding jokes or tying your hammock.

Loki 14
2010-05-18, 09:31 AM
OOC: Well i was just gonna drink and go to sleep...

Tyrael
2010-05-18, 11:55 AM
After depositing his gear in a chest belowdecks near his bunk, Snake goes up to the crow's nest and simply gazes out over the water, anxious to be off.

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-18, 02:44 PM
Pilinth

Lithely ascending the rigging, Pilinth thinks but to see port from the crow's nest again, and is surprised by the elf's presence there. Puffing out his cheeks, he lets the breath go, as he waves a lanky arm.

In Aquan: You take light stand. Best to shake jinx.

With that he starts eying for a new perch to observe from, as he braces himself to leap.

Tyrael
2010-05-18, 04:19 PM
Snake just gives him a puzzled stare, uncomprehending. :smallconfused:

Arden
2010-05-18, 05:20 PM
Assuming it's available for open viewing, Arden takes a look at the articles.

gambling may occur, but this is not to be done with Gold, Silvers, or other treasures of Value

Arden looked over this a few times, but failed to understand, "What do we gamble if we're not gambling anything of value? Splinters?"

Sekolah
2010-05-18, 10:05 PM
"Chores I suppose," mutters the old man as he walks towards the bow. "Or other such menial things."

With a longing look towards land he turns his face towards the sea with a hard expression set on his face.

OOC
Perhaps it's time for some plot advancement.

Erad
2010-05-19, 04:08 AM
Pirates realized that for today there was nothing left to do, so they brought their things from the shore and gone to sleep. When they awoke next morning, captain and first mate were already on deck.

- Time to set sail, captain, - said Saafron, - Where would you like to go?

Loki 14
2010-05-19, 09:26 AM
"Well..." He said pondering the question, "We're gonna need a bigger boat" He looks out towards the encompassing crew "Any of you lot have an idea where we could get a bigger ship?" he smiles. "Because i dont wanna go for a legendary pirates treasure with this hunk" he chuckles.

Erad
2010-05-19, 01:38 PM
- I think that with smaller boat we will be harder to find, after we get our hands on the treasure, - said Big Bran, - We don't want to fight with Vile Norgat, we want to rob him! And while we sail, maybe we will find a bigger vessel. Maybe a Sloop or Pinnace of poorly armed merchant. I suggest we go soon, unless you want others to get their hands or gold before us.

You don't really have options here.

sum1won
2010-05-19, 02:17 PM
Assuming it's available for open viewing, Arden takes a look at the articles.

Arden looked over this a few times, but failed to understand, "What do we gamble if we're not gambling anything of value? Splinters?"

Todd shrugs as he hears Arden's complaint.
Likker rations is what we always did.

With that, he stows his kit below the forward bunk, and starts getting everyone ready to cast off.

Loki 14
2010-05-20, 06:13 PM
"Ok everyone lets get going" The captain says going up to the helm and taking grasp of the wheel firmly in both hands. "Cast off!" he shouts from the point where he stands.

OOC: You gonna want me to roll sailing rolls cause i can do that...

Erad
2010-05-21, 12:35 PM
Journey to Isle Of Green Fox was calm and without any adventures. The voyage took about seven days, until the "Calypso Jewel" reached Vsimaria's northern corner. From here it was about a half day of travel to Green Fox. The captain already wanted to order to turn a little to the south, when pirates saw sails on the horizon, to the south of their position. The ship was just leaving the eastern shore of Vsimaria. Looking glass allowed to see that it was a frigate, under the flag which looked pretty like Radara's. The flag was with a picture of sword on blue background. Or something similar to this. You had to view a little more to notice if there are any differences.
Pirates had a small ship, so they probably weren't noticed. But that ship was heading to their direction!

Would the captain decide to fight, or evade the losing battle?

Damion sailing check
[roll0]

Sword on blue background is Radara's flag.
Pilinth knows that cutlass on water background is Norgat's.
To notice that, you need a spot check of 15.

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-21, 01:30 PM
Pilinth

Having familiarized himself with the decking of the ship, Pilinth was where he felt more comfortable, up in the rigging. When another ship is noted by the one on watch, he peers too.

[roll0]

Unable to make out their colors adequately, he tests the pull of his bangpopper, in case the captain knew who they were.

Tyrael
2010-05-21, 02:30 PM
As an elf with keener eyes than most on board, Snake had found himself assigned up in the crow's next as a lookout. His forked tongue hissing, he shouts down to the deck below, "Sssship ho, cap'n! Looks like Radara'ssss flag! They're armed and coming for usss!"

Loki 14
2010-05-21, 07:18 PM
Damion looks out towards the ship. [roll0]

After spotting the ship he looks towards pilinth "its a cutlass on water", he says. Unsure of the flags of this region he says "Who's is it?" he keeps peering out.

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-21, 08:02 PM
Pilinth

Pausing for a second, Pilinth quietly says "Norgat."

Pulling out his kukri, the ape brandishes it, and tries to hold it in both hands, as if it were a much bigger blade. Standing tall, he is ready to fight.

[roll0]
He's afraid, and trying to hold back the rage that comes.

Arden
2010-05-21, 11:25 PM
Killian leans forward over the railing with a hand up to shade his eyes, as he tries to make out the flag.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot the roll tags... I'll roll in the OOC thread.

Sekolah
2010-05-22, 10:36 AM
Gazing in the direction of all the commotion Dorian squints his eyes against the suns reflection on the water.

Spot
[roll0]

Unable to make out anymore than the hazy outline of a ship everyone has pointed out he calls out to the Captain, "What are we going to do Captain? Should we not go around? We can't afford to risk a fight with anyone as long as we have this ship."

Loki 14
2010-05-22, 12:11 PM
"Its...." The captain gasps something he dosent often do. "Its norgat" he looks around "LETS GET THE F*** OUT THE WAY" he says trying to evade the battle.

Erad
2010-05-22, 03:39 PM
Captain made the smartest decision he could make, he ordered to continue on the same course and hide near the shores of Green Fox. Fortunately for pirates, there were enough cliffs on the northern shore of the isle to hide a small ship.

The ship of Vile Norgat soon reached the point where Calypso Jewel just were and, without noticing the competitors, sailed away, somewhere to the north. Or maybe north-west.

Loki 14
2010-05-22, 05:25 PM
"Wooh" the captain says "Ok time to get back on course" He says as soon as norgats ship leaves.

Erad
2010-05-23, 04:13 AM
OOC: Do you want to land on Green Fox?

sum1won
2010-05-26, 02:42 PM
You know, lads, I'm thinking it might not be a bad idea to stock up on stores whilewe're here. Look for some food and water afore we try to get norgat's treasure? It'll give us a chance to see what each of us can do. Shall we put this up to a vote?

Sekolah
2010-05-26, 11:08 PM
"That seems only logical. I would have to agree."

Arden
2010-05-27, 02:15 PM
"If we're voting, I say 'aye'," said Killian looking to the land, "Better than sitting around on a boat all day."

Tyrael
2010-05-27, 02:56 PM
"Aye, cap'n!" Snake calls down from the crow's nest.

Erad
2010-05-29, 05:39 AM
- On which island you want to land? - asked Saafron.

Loki 14
2010-05-29, 12:18 PM
"Ok lets land" The captain says, thinking where he wants to go.

OOC: Sorry about dissapearing, My computer kind of broke so im on a differant one, Does anyone have a link to the OOC for me?

Erad
2010-05-29, 01:00 PM
- Where do you want to land, - repeated Saafron.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8422623#post8422623
Welcome back!

Seffbasilisk
2010-05-30, 09:46 PM
Pilinth

Climbing up as high as he can, Pilinth glides off the ship, scanning the water below for a safe mooring nearby.

[roll0]

Erad
2010-06-01, 10:56 AM
Not far from your current position, there is a small bay, ideal for docking on Green Fox. Vsimaria is too far away to check.

sum1won
2010-06-01, 12:31 PM
Lets go with green fox for now. I don't like elves, and they don't much like my kind either. Pilinth, looks like you spotted somewhere sheltered we can drop anchor?

Seffbasilisk
2010-06-05, 05:26 PM
Pilinth

Hooting excitedly, Pilinth glides over the safest route, grinning cheekily and making appreciative noises the whole way. As he flutters on the breeze, he attempts an abrupt direction reversal and nearly plummets, catching himself low enough that on the return he barely makes the deck.

Once there, he shuffles over to the navigator, communicating through tugs and pointing primarily, as he shows the route in.

Erad
2010-06-06, 10:43 AM
Soon the Calypso Jewel docked in a small natural bay. Some of the crew decided to take a look on the island of Green Fox.

The isle was full of plants, of high trees, on every one of them were growing edible fruits. Grass was high, in some places it could reach the kneels.

Salty air of the sea was mixed with the refreshing air of the natural woods. It took long for the elves to grow such a beautiful plants, and none of the pirates felt wish to harm it.

No natural caves or landmarks were seen nearby. The treasure was probably hidden somewhere else.

To the south of your position, the birds suddenly rose to the air, someone or something disturbed them. Maybe an animal. A wild cat or something.

For now the isle of Green Fox felt like a true paradise.

Arden
2010-06-06, 11:20 AM
Killian stepped onto the sand and looked around himself, taking in the sight. Beautiful, nothing like Karetos, or any of the other lands he'd been to. Then again, he'd never been on an island. Taking in the glory, he hardly even noticed the disturbed birds to the South.

"Where to, cap'n?"

sum1won
2010-06-06, 12:23 PM
Well, we're ashore. Lets get some meat and water!

With that, he crashes into the underbrush himself, carrying a javelin ready to throw at any unfortunate animals.

[roll0] Survival check to look for food and such

[roll1]Attack check if he runs into something meaty
[roll2]Damage check

Erad
2010-06-06, 01:06 PM
Soon Todd found a medium sized deer. The animal looked at him, curios, but without fear. A javelin flied in the air and the deer dropped on the ground, kicking in agony. In a few moments, it was dead.

Tyrael
2010-06-06, 02:18 PM
Snake nods to himself as he steps ashore. Not too bad of a place. "Where to, Cap'n?" he asks.

Erad
2010-06-13, 04:16 AM
"Anyone got any ideas", asked Saafron, "Anyone knows where the treasure might be?"

Big Bran only shrugged and said, "I only know that it's supposed to be somewhere around".

OOC: If the captain is busy because of RL, continue without him.

Seffbasilisk
2010-06-21, 09:06 AM
Pilinth

Leaping from tree to tree like a, well, like an ape, Pilinth sets to harvesting as many fruits as he can. Bananas and oranges get special consideration. The first for deliciousness, the second, well the second a witch once told him would keep away the wasting sickness at sea.

As he jumps, sometimes his knife flickers out to cut, but often he simply rips.

Tyrael
2010-06-21, 02:38 PM
Snake shrugs as well. "If we don't have the treassssure map," he hisses, "we can alwayz look ourssselvez."

Arden
2010-06-22, 02:11 PM
Killian looked down the width of the beach, feeling he was in for a long trek. He turned to Snake.

"Well then," he said, "we'd best get started."