PDA

View Full Version : need an anti-team for my players.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2010-05-07, 06:38 PM
like the title says i need an anti-team for my players like the OOTS and linear guild.
in my group i have
a human ninja 7 /fighter 6
a half-giant 1 psionic warrior 12
and a ? warlock 7 /dragon shaman 6

so got any ideas

Amphetryon
2010-05-07, 06:46 PM
a half-giant psionic warrior 13
First one, I'd make a human Scout/Ranger Swift Hunter build to counter him.

My first instinct to counter the Half-Giant Psionic Warrior is a Chaos Gnome Totemist 12.

I'll see your Warlock/Dragon Shaman and raise you one Dragon Fire Adept.

AslanCross
2010-05-07, 06:53 PM
Books available? If you're ok with Tome of Battle:

Against the ninja: A swordsman who's so good that the ninja just can't catch him off guard: Warblade 13.

Against the Half-Giant: Someone who's his total opposite and doesn't think: Goliath Barbarian.

Against the warlock: Dragonfire Adept has my vote.

Tokiko Mima
2010-05-07, 06:55 PM
like the title says i need an anti-team for my players like the OOTS and linear guild.
in my group i have

so got any ideas

How about doing an optimized team to be their opposite?

Like:
Karsite (ToM) Swordsage 7/Warblade 6 (Karsites are like humans, but better in all ways except they can't cast spells.)

Half-Ogre (RoD) Ranger 1/ Psion 6/ Slayer 6 (More attack bonus, higher level powers, and almost twice the PP and number of powers)

Pixie Warlock 9 / Hellfire Warlock 3 (FCII) (Dragons versus the Fay. You have to love that.)

herrhauptmann
2010-05-07, 07:09 PM
in my group i have

so got any ideas

How do you not know what race a player is? Just forgot it? Or he won't tell you?

Yorrin
2010-05-07, 07:14 PM
Changeling Rogue 5/Cabinet Trickster (RoF) 5/Psibond Agent (CS) 3
Party Face with social ability out the wazoo. Capable of messing with their minds in more ways than one.

Ogre (Savage Species) 6/Barbarian 1/War Hulk 6
The Big Tank.

Human Dragonfire Adept 7/Marshal 6
Looking at your third guy, this just seems too perfect...

Roupe
2010-05-07, 08:22 PM
Against the ninja: Pirate (thats a classic opposite ^^)

Half-Ogre (RoD) Ranger 1/ Psion 6/ Slayer 6 (More attack bonus, higher level powers, and almost twice the PP and number of powers)

Pixie Warlock 9 / Hellfire Warlock 3 (FCII) (Dragons versus the Fay. You have to love that.)

Eldariel
2010-05-07, 08:29 PM

Against the ninja: A swordsman who's so good that the ninja just can't catch him off guard: Warblade 13.

Against the Half-Giant: Someone who's his total opposite and doesn't think: Goliath Barbarian.

Against the warlock: Dragonfire Adept has my vote.

Mostly agreed here, except I'll take your Goliath Barbarian and raise you a Goliath Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker/War Hulk. Taking the "Doesn't think"-part a bit further, with "No time to think!" as a class feature.

AslanCross
2010-05-07, 08:41 PM
Mostly agreed here, except I'll take your Goliath Barbarian and raise you a Goliath Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker/War Hulk. Taking the "Doesn't think"-part a bit further, with "No time to think!" as a class feature.

Agreed. Was thinking of something like that, though my brain failed me at the moment of posting.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2010-05-07, 09:30 PM
i have the bookes they are just at a differnt house
so i need the stats here it might help
also there is a new guy joining so when he decides his class and race ill tell you

i was thinking to go
undead(vampire) vs ninja/fighter
construct(warforged) vs psionic
and i dont know what is good against a dragon shaman

Private-Prinny
2010-05-07, 09:38 PM
in my group i have
a human ninja 7 /fighter 6Swashbuckler. That is all.

a half-giant psionic warrior 13I'd go with a big bruiser construct. It has the same "me no think" vibe, but immune to mind-affecting stuff.

and a ? warlock 7 /dragon shaman 6Paladin. Natural enemy of both demons and (evil) dragons.

playswithfire
2010-05-08, 07:04 AM
Swashbuckler. That is all.

To expand on that, how about:
Swashbuckler 3/Sneak Attack variant Fighter 1/Swordsage 2/Invisible Blade* 7 ( not quite that order) with Carmendine Monk

*using the original 10-level version (http://www.wakinglands.com/htm_files/prestige_classes_invisible_blade.htm)

rather than being a construct, why not creating constructs?
Gnome Psion(Shaper) 5/Ectopic Adept 5/Warblade 4 (warblade levels at 5, 8, 11, and 14)
I know I made him 14th and your party is 13th, I just wanted to get him a 5th level stance

I agree with Dragonfire Adept and will suggest Raptoran as the race, with maybe a paladin and/or stormtalon dip

Haarkla
2010-05-08, 10:43 AM
in my group i have

Human barbarian 9/fighter 4

The big guy v. the stealthy ninja.

Gnome Paladin of Slaughter 2/Sorcerer 6/Eldrich Knight 5 (with int 6 & wis 6)

Small v. big, stupidity v. wisdom, arcane v. psionic, inborn talent v. study, gish v. very different gish. Doesn't think - but can still cast spells.

Half-dragon druid 9. Dragonfire adept or paladin would also be good.

Greenish
2010-05-08, 10:57 AM

Against the ninja: A swordsman who's so good that the ninja just can't catch him off guard: Warblade 13. I agree with this, Warblade seems almost designed to counter sneaky bastards. Uncanny Dodge, Hearing the Air stance, mobility with standard action strikes, Int bonus to resist feint, Nightmare Blade chain to target flat-footed AC… Yeah, I'm a warblade (or rather, ToB) fanboy.

Against the Half-Giant: Someone who's his total opposite and doesn't think: Goliath Barbarian.Gnome Barbarian! Puts a nice twist on David vs. Goliath situation with the Goliath being a wise good guy and David being a tiny raging maniac foaming at the mouth.

Against the warlock: Dragonfire Adept has my vote.Otherwise, yes, but it seems a bit cruel to show how much better the same flavour and capabilities as the player can be achieved.

The opponent to the unknown race warlock/dragon shaman ought to be a changeling bard!

Nidogg
2010-05-08, 11:36 AM
Themselves. Lots of people plan to face their opposites, almost no-one plans to face someone exactly like them.

AkazilliaDeNaro
2010-05-08, 12:38 PM
i don't want a complicated character build for them
i also don't have the books with me
and i think for the ninja the warblade or the swashbuckler if i dont own the book
and for the dragon shaman the dragonfire adept is the most picked but which book is it in
and i think for the half giant the barbarian is the most picked