PDA

View Full Version : Help making evil opposites for my party.

Lord of Syntax
2010-05-07, 07:26 PM
I have a group of 5:
Hillbilly Human Wizard with a Intelligent Shotgun Sorcerer cohort. (Don't ask)
A Knowledge obsessed Grey Elf Wizard.
A self-righteous Grippli (Anthropomorphic Frog) Fighter.
A incredibly religious Wizard/Malconvoker.
They are level 15.

elonin
2010-05-07, 07:42 PM
Are you looking for their polar opposites like wizard and barbarian or counters to each? Should they be able to damage the reputation of the characters? Giving the "evil" group gotees works in star trek and south park fashion.

Hillbilly human wizard->ranger w/ some sort of animal companion
Knowledge obsessed gray elf wizard-> duskblade occult slayer
Self righteous frog fighter-> Cleric to a god w/ war domain
Religious wizard malcovoker-> wizard pale master

Angry Bob
2010-05-07, 07:47 PM
In order:

For the Hillbilly, bring in another with a few differences in build from a feuding clan.

For the Knowledge Guy, make a malevolent illusionist.

For the frog, there are a lot to pick from.

For the Malconvoker, either a corrupt priest or a more conventional demon/devil summoner would work.

Are these a one-of encounter, minions of a greater evil, or enemies in and of themselves?

Lord of Syntax
2010-05-07, 07:50 PM
Evil counters.

Roupe
2010-05-07, 07:51 PM
3 evil clerics all lvl 15, capable of healing + a evil bard follower (church likes music). and one death knight (sworn defender of the clerics church).

Yorrin
2010-05-07, 07:59 PM
A super-refined personality Wizard with his monocle as his familiar. The monocle is a Psion of equal power to the Sorcerer-shotgun.

A Dwarven Archivist.

A Paladin of Tyranny

A Warlock- there's an invocation in Complete Mage that allows you to take over another caster's summons. I'm AFB, but I think it's dark, so you'd need lvl16 for this.

Amphetryon
2010-05-07, 08:06 PM
I have a group of 5:
They are level 15.

Shaper Psion 5/Crystal Master 10 (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040625d)

Factotum with Iajitsu Focus, a Gnome Quick Razor, and Knowledge Devotion.

Poisondusk Lizardman Totemist.

Hellbred (FCII) Dread Necromancer 8/Unseen Seer 2/Nightmare Spinner 5.

AmberVael
2010-05-07, 08:13 PM
I'm not so sure on the others, but that last one...

Ur-Priest, focusing on the various Magic Circle spells, as well as Banishment and similar powers. Seriously, it would be an amazing counter to that. Summons can't touch it, and it could just blow them away, too.
Possibly utilize Spell Immunity against any favored spells the Wizard has.

Ur Priests naturally are enemies of the gods and their servants, so... yeah. Fits in that way, too.

Eldariel
2010-05-07, 08:39 PM

Drawing a blank here. Make it a cultivated aristocrat, obviously, but Hillbilly Wizard is so WTF that making a counterpart is pretty hard too.

Beguiler. Lies, distortion of reality and such are the opposite of truth, knowledge and information.

You need a Wizard-based elementalist Gish (capable of casting flight and always floating a bit above the ground) with a scythe, blue hair, withered skin and vulnerability to this guy's sword. Either you get this, or you don't. He'll want this too.

Yeah, Ur-Priest focusing on sending things to from whence they came obsessed with the purity of the plane viewing any planar breaches as wounds in the cosmos that must be mended and gods as the culprits of those wounds.

Draz74
2010-05-07, 08:44 PM

Hillbilly Psion (Telepath) 5 / Thrallherd 5 / Witch Slayer 5.

Not optimal, but definitely fun. A hypocritical mob leader of Salem-style backwoods violent "witch" trials. Bonus points if he can turn himself into a newt, then get better.

Foryn Gilnith
2010-05-07, 09:00 PM
An intelligent, honorable, and sophisticated fighter-type, focused on Knowledge skills (and Knowledge Devotion), with a mage-slayer build. Possessed by his incredibly violent and thuggish sword.

A psion who has delved too long into the powers of the subconscious and become dominated by the id, fighting against the influence of higher thought centers in society.

Human Supremacist Rogue, with the Jotunbrud feat for Powerful Build (IIRC). Blond-hair-blue-eyes-physical-perfection type; revels in his amorality and racism.

Ur-Priest of some sort. The sanest member of the group, and not very dickish despite the many witch hunts that would love to get their hands on him. Out-argued by the first two and socially out-maneuvered by the third, though.

Eldariel
2010-05-08, 05:11 AM
Human Supremacist Rogue, with the Jotunbrud feat for Powerful Build (IIRC). Blond-hair-blue-eyes-physical-perfection type; revels in his amorality and racism.

This can't be right. The player character is this:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/208/ctfrog1.jpg
The only legal counterpart is this:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2882/ctmagus2.jpg

Lord of Syntax
2010-05-08, 12:18 PM
I have never played Chrono Trigger, so I can't build that.

Eldariel
2010-05-08, 01:17 PM
I have never played Chrono Trigger, so I can't build that.

Poor excuse: Fix source.

PlzBreakMyCmpAn
2010-05-08, 01:32 PM
This can't be right. The player character is this:
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/208/ctfrog1.jpg
The only legal counterpart is this:
http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/2882/ctmagus2.jpg

UG! you beat me to it!

If you build it and they will know :smallbiggrin:

Any player with an anthropomorphic frog fighter must get the reasoning behind a shadowish-caster owning him. SCM perhaps?

true_shinken
2010-05-08, 02:07 PM
UG! you beat me to it!

If you build it and they will know :smallbiggrin:

Any player with an anthropomorphic frog fighter must get the reasoning behind a shadowish-caster owning him. SCM perhaps?
No SCM. Magus was a blaster and a gish.