PDA

View Full Version : 4e Need Better Character Sheet

HMS Invincible
2010-05-08, 12:30 AM
My DM's been making up items and bonuses and allowing more things than usual. And the character builder can't handle that many house rules. Any ideas for good character sheets? Ideally, I want something that i can fill in quickly digitally, and then print out.

Note: The character builder doesn't handle attack/damage bonuses, custom items/ 3rd party powers very well, or old versions of powers.

Should I just give up and go back to pen(cil) and paper character sheet and write everything in?

Kurald Galain
2010-05-08, 03:22 AM
Frankly I don't like the standard sheet to begin with, I find it rather cluttered. What I usually do is make something up with tables in MS Word.

The New Bruceski
2010-05-08, 04:02 AM
Frankly I don't like the standard sheet to begin with, I find it rather cluttered. What I usually do is make something up with tables in MS Word.

Not necessarily a solution for you, but the Character Builder sheet can be rearranged, moving or deleting various parts of it. I was happy when I found that out.

Fallbot
2010-05-08, 07:24 AM
We use spreadsheets, hosted by google documents. Very easy, does the maths for you, and the DM can keep track of what everyone has. I'm not sure how well that would work as printouts though, if that's what you're using.

DabblerWizard
2010-05-09, 08:39 AM
I also found the 4e character sheet to be rather cramped and cluttered. To fix this, I ended up making my "own" character sheet with everything essentially more spaced out. Of course, some players won't enjoy having to flip through four pages, and would prefer to have everything on one or two pages... Ah well.

pribnow
2010-05-09, 09:13 AM
I made a character sheet which is mostly directed to organizing your powers. It's pretty flexible. Although the lay-out isn't great, you can print a suitable 2 page character sheet with it.

If you want to try it out, here is a link to download it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3470516/Pribnow%20Power%20Sheet%204E%20v1.xls

To use it, just fill out the red text/numbers and the sheet calculates the numbers for you.