PDA

View Full Version : M&M 2e

The_Admiral
2010-05-08, 07:21 AM
How to increase power level in game? Or does it just stay the same the entire campaign?

Neon Knight
2010-05-08, 07:25 AM
The DM sets the PL. Obviously, he can move it around as he pleases.

The_Admiral
2010-05-08, 08:42 AM
Oh thanks Now which page are the notes for conversion to the hp system

Edge of Dreams
2010-05-08, 10:58 AM
The recommended system is that one to three power points be handed out to each player after each session or story arc, which can be spent any time there's down-time in the story. Then, when approximately 15 power points have been handed out, the DM should declare a power level increase by 1, which doesn't give out any more points, but does increase level-based caps. Players may save up points if they wish.

As for the HP system, it's some where in the combat section. It's really more like a wounds system though.

The_Admiral
2010-05-08, 08:05 PM
I need a page number.
Please???

infinitypanda
2010-05-09, 03:56 PM
It's in the Mastermind's Manual. I don't have the page, sorry.

Irreverent Fool
2010-05-09, 06:47 PM
Oh thanks Now which page are the notes for conversion to the hp system

The combat system is one of the most beautiful things about M&M and is what helps make fights feel more like combic book battles and less like D&D in capes. When our GM decided he wanted to use the HP system, our group rapidly lost interest in the game and eventually went back to D&D.

If you've learned and tried out the base system and your group still wants to switch, then of course I'm not suggesting that you stick with a system you don't like. If not though, I recommend trying it out for a few sessions before discarding it entirely.

obnoxious
sig

prufock
2010-05-09, 08:41 PM
Chapter 8 has combat options; hit points are on page 111.

The_Admiral
2010-05-10, 02:18 AM
The combat system is one of the most beautiful things about M&M and is what helps make fights feel more like combic book battles and less like D&D in capes. When our GM decided he wanted to use the HP system, our group rapidly lost interest in the game and eventually went back to D&D.

If you've learned and tried out the base system and your group still wants to switch, then of course I'm not suggesting that you stick with a system you don't like. If not though, I recommend trying it out for a few sessions before discarding it entirely.

obnoxious
sig

Ok thanks for the advise.
No really I appreciate it.