PDA

View Full Version : Building Durzo Blint, 3.5

gallagher
2010-05-08, 02:18 PM
in the Night Angel Series, there are what are called wetboys. they are similar to assassins, except that they leave no room for error. they are the best in the business. they dont have targets, they have deaders: Durzo explains this something like "Wetboys have deaders, only assassins have targets, because assassins sometimes miss"

now, i am in the need of the collective creative juices of the playground to help me with this. those of you who have read the series know how immeasurably cool Durzo is, and for those who havent, allow me to explain some of his finer points:

he is unparalleled at one on one combat, is proficient with various exotic weapons, and has an incredible knowledge of poisons and herbs. he is a sneaky b*stard, is a skillmonkey, and has a magical ability from an artifact that allows himi to do all these things better.

so i was trying to think up a way to build him up. as i see it, he is a mix between a rogue, a ToB class specializing in shadowhand, and a psionic class representing his Talent.

anybody have any tips on how to properly build this character? assume 20th level, because this man has lived 700 years, so he obviously has had lots of time to build up that xp, and full wealth for his level. i intend on him being a near-epic guide for characters to follow, and possibly end up facing at the end before, after, or during the final BBEG fight depending on how they interact with them.

gallagher
2010-05-08, 02:25 PM
also, the class levels wouldnt be psionic, because he gains his Talent through an artifact that he bonded to his body. for the purpose of this build, it helps him with his major sneaky skills, can let him go invisible, and also do illusions to change his appearance. he also, if i recall correctly, can use his Talent to gain boosts of speed.

Fenix_of_Doom
2010-05-08, 04:02 PM
also, the class levels wouldnt be psionic, because he gains his Talent through an artifact that he bonded to his body. for the purpose of this build, it helps him with his major sneaky skills, can let him go invisible, and also do illusions to change his appearance. he also, if i recall correctly, can use his Talent to gain boosts of speed.

The artefact only enhances his talent, he can still use his abilities after he loses it, also talent is also pretty accurately portrayed by magic seeing as how it's considered a different name for magic in the setting.

Seeing the broad amount of fighting styles he's mastered plus all his supernatural abilities I'd say he's actually well into epic.

Boci
2010-05-08, 04:19 PM
The artefact only enhances his talent, he can still use his abilities after he loses it, also talent is also pretty accurately portrayed by magic seeing as how it's considered a different name for magic in the setting.

Based on that psychic rogue springs to mind.

Seeing the broad amount of fighting styles he's mastered plus all his supernatural abilities I'd say he's actually well into epic.

How exactly do you mean this (since I haven't seen the show)? Do you mean he can fight with a wide variaty of weapons, including unarmed? If so, a single level dip into the monk or unarmed swordsage will cover the unarmed bit, and a single level dip into a warblade + EWP (any) will allow you to quickly get used to any exotic weaoon, as long as you do not plan on using multiple ones at once.

Never-the-less if not epic he certainly sounds gestalt.

Greenish
2010-05-08, 04:39 PM
Never-the-less if not epic he certainly sounds gestalt.I'll agree here, if he's good at everything he'll probably have to be gestalt.

The old, classic factotum//warblade sounds pretty good. Warblade takes care of his fighting prowess, while factotum can handle magical abilities, poisons, sneaking and so forth.