PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dye Help

GrlumpTheElder
2010-05-08, 03:16 PM
Background:

I dyed my hair black for the role of Ali Hakim in a performance of 'Oklahoma!'. The bottle said 24-washes. That was 160 days ago...

My hair was origionally darkish blond and although the colour has faded, it's still dark brown.

So, I was wondering, what can you, the playground, suggest to remove it?

Asta Kask
2010-05-08, 03:19 PM
Background:

I dyed my hair black for the role of Ali Hakim in a performance of 'Oklahoma!'. The bottle said 24-washes. That was 160 days ago...

My hair was origionally darkish blond and although the colour has faded, it's still dark brown.

So, I was wondering, what can you, the playground, suggest to remove it?

Isn't hydrogen peroxide used to remove the color from hair? It might leave you platinum blond, though.

Mando Knight
2010-05-08, 03:39 PM
Let it grow out, then cut it?

Drastic color changes usually don't wash out so well...

Dihan
2010-05-08, 03:44 PM
You could go to a hair salon and get your hair stripped. It is very damaging, however. Alternatively you could bleach it and dye it something close to the original colour and then when it grows out you won't really be able to tell the different. Again, bleaching is also damaging but probably less damaging than stripping.

HellfireLover
2010-05-08, 04:29 PM
Clarifying shampoo will help strip chemical colours from hair, as will a lemon juice rinse, if you don't want to go to the hairdresser to have it professionally stripped, which will, unfortunately, leave your hair in terrible condition. Another option is to choose a lighter-colour dye (no more than two shades lighter, say, than your current colour) containing hydrogen peroxide. This should lighten up the hair and also disguise any lighter growth.

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2010-05-08, 04:47 PM
Or, since you probably have badger stripes by now, how about just letting it grow until it's gone, trimming the black ends as you go?