PDA

View Full Version : Fortress of Arn Muir [IC]

Deadly
2010-05-08, 04:00 PM
You have all answered the call for help from the dwarves of Arn Muir, whether you are defending your home or have traveled into the deeps for other reasons. The diviners of Arn Muir have determined the cause of the ravaging sickness to come from old tunnels beneath the fortress. You have entered into these ancient ruins and caves through an old entrance near the underground mushroom farms and are now standing in a narrow tunnel leading downwards into the darkness. The air here is stale and heavy, clearly this place has not seen use for ages.

The party:

{table="head"]Character|Player|Race|Class|Role
Aris Thundershield (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=169681)|MoriHikari|Dwarf|Bar barian|Striker
Jarili Ironaxe (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=204813)|Phiktional|Dwarf|Fig hter|Defender
Pieter (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=205778)|Reverent-One|Human|Ranger:Druid/Shaman|Striker/Controller
Jaina (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=205690)|Loxagn|Human|Wizard| Controller
Vondal Ironhammer (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=206108)|NeoGoliath|Dwarf|Cle ric|Leader[/table]

Reverent-One
2010-05-08, 06:35 PM
Rozdosi shakes his head at the entrance of the tunnel, obviously not wanting to further explore the darkness. Pieter pats the drake's head, reassuring his companion, as he lights a sunrod from his pack. "Hope you don't mind, but while dwarves may not need much light to see, the lady and I are not so fortunate," he says with a smile. As he speaks, a form appears beside him. Not fully opaque, this strange entity seems real none the less, and looks to be a miniaturized bulette, no bigger than a large dog.

Phiktional
2010-05-08, 06:55 PM
Jarili, standing next to the man, shifts uncomfortably where he is standing. "Aye, that may be true lad, but are ye and the 'lady' going to keep doing that? It's a bit off putting if ye know what I mean." Jarili focuses down the tunnel, able to see further down.

Reverent-One
2010-05-08, 07:14 PM
Pieter is confused for a moment, but then sees what Jarili means. "Oh, I'm sorry. I was referring to our fellow adventurer here," he indicates the wizard Jaina, "when I said the lady, as we humans are less accustomed to the dark. As for this one," now nodding at the bulette-like spirit creature, "it is a spirit of the world, one that guides and assists me. Though I'm sure it would not mind being less noticeable for the sake of others." With this last statement, the spirit fades out of visible existence.

Loxagn
2010-05-08, 09:48 PM
Jaina blinked at the gesture toward her. "Wha? Oh yeah, I can do that cantrip thing..." The witch looks almost pensive for a moment, glancing at the cave. "Aww... how come we have to go in there? Being out of the sun's absolutely horrible for my complexion, y'know?" She sighed, pulling a leatherbound red book from a pocket and glancing through it, muttering briefly under her breath. "Dammit, knew I should've prepared more fire spells today..."

After a moment, she snapped her fingers, a spark of light leaping from her fingertips, illuminating the area around brightly. "Well, uh... Shall we?"

MoriHikari
2010-05-09, 01:19 AM
"Yeah, lets go see what this place has to offer." Aris says, hoisitng her axe up over one shoulder. She is clearly exited to be adventuring. she gives a little chuckel at the human woman, Jaina. "Magic, something I've ne'er been able to understand. It's impressive though."

NeoGoliath
2010-05-09, 03:54 AM
"Without magic my dear, Moradin would be a lot harder to reach and aid us don't you think?" As Vondal stares into the darkness he says: "Allright, now let's get these pests who think they can mess with the dwarves"
He grabs his Octogram, and mutters a prayer to Moradin "Moradin, give strength and sturdiness to our group, as it is only our goal to rid this world of evil."

Deadly
2010-05-09, 05:48 AM
After providing a bit of light, you descend down the tunnel. It winds its way downwards for a time before you find yourself at a split where the tunnel turns into two. The place is overgrown with dark mushrooms and other growths. Pieter spots a thin wire strapped across the northern tunnel just above the floor, a simple but cunning trap for the unwary foot. But if there is one trap there could be more, and traps suggests an ambush.

A little map. Sorry for the lack of decorations, so you'll have to imagine how the place is full of mushrooms and other growths.

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e1m1.png

Reverent-One
2010-05-09, 10:12 AM
Pieter holds up one hand, signaling the others to stop. "Wait. Look here," He says as he points to the trip wire, "looks like someone is ready for visitors." Without stepping beyond the wire, Pieter checks to see if this is the only trap, or one of several on the north path.

Perception check [roll0]

Deadly
2010-05-09, 10:53 AM
Pieter doesn't notice any other traps from where he's standing.

Loxagn
2010-05-10, 11:32 PM
Jaina looked rather quizzically over at Aris. "Are you kidding me? Oh, I don't know what I'd ever do without it! Magic makes everything so much easier. I mean come on, I can go from blonde to ginger with a flick of the wrist..." As if for emphasis, another snap of the fingers, and the witch's eyes went from bright green to a faint violet. "Of course there are other uses too-" She paused, as the wire entered the circle of light. Suddenly, the vapid expression was replaced with one of cold calculation, as her eyes darted to and fro, searching everywhere.
A trap. We're expected. But that means more traps must be nearby...
She mentally directed the orb of light to fly forward a few feet, illuminating a bit of the path ahead.

Perception: [roll0]

Phiktional
2010-05-10, 11:45 PM
Jarili gets a little annoyed with the witchs' musings. He grew up in a military family, he had no use for magic. "Bah, what's the point of killin' somethin if'n ye don't get the satisfaction o' seeing there expression, or even hearin there last words on there dyin breath." He argued in a hushed tone.

Deadly
2010-05-11, 03:42 AM
Jaina notes a faint flicker of light along the southern path, a wire similar to the first one.

NeoGoliath
2010-05-12, 04:51 AM
"Hm, let me see those. It could be very possible that the old dwarves made these, for keeping out intruders"

<Dungeoneering check to see the origin, effect and other details from the trap. Dice thread>

Deadly
2010-05-12, 06:47 AM
The traps are nothing more than bits of wire strapped across the path. It seems highly unlikely that any dwarves would make something this crude and simple, it has none of the hallmarks of dwarven craft and design.

It won't even pose any real threat now that it has been spotted. It should be easy enough to simply step over it, or cut the wire if one wants to be on the safe side.

NeoGoliath
2010-05-12, 11:10 AM
"Nope, definitly not Dwarven. Can't really tell what it is though. Let's just move on, now that we're aware of these traps, we might even be able to use em against other creatures?"

Vondal steps over the wire (northern tunnel) and starts walking further when the groups decides to.

Reverent-One
2010-05-12, 04:36 PM
"Looks like someone doesn't want people going this way. So this seems to be the way to go." Pieter and Rozdosi take the lead stepping over the wires and going through the north tunnel, keeping an eye out for more dangers.

Phiktional
2010-05-12, 05:18 PM
Jarili follows him towards the north tunnel paying attention to step over the wire. He stays close but not too close."Aye lad, I'd hafta agreee, I'm right behind ye."

I'm about 5-10 feet behind him.

Loxagn
2010-05-12, 05:24 PM
The witch stepped rather carefully over both of the wires, sending the orb of light to the head of the group. "That's just weird. Why would they put the wires there if there wasn't anything hooked up to it? I mean, unless they're just stupid, you'd think they'd have something with a bit more... oomph. A giant fireball, or poisoned arrows, or a really big rock, or something."
Unless they're not stupid, and it's just a ruse to get an intruder into a false sense of security. Which means there might be something even nastier just around the bend-
She instinctively ducked, realized nothing was happening, and then grumbled under her breath, looking mildly put out. "Bloody trap-happy dwarves. It's the kobolds all over again..."

Throwing out Perception checks constantly here, just in case.
[roll0]

MoriHikari
2010-05-12, 06:51 PM
Aris follows silently keeping a look out for anything more dangourous than the wires.
perception check: [roll0]

Deadly
2010-05-13, 04:45 AM
You all carefully step over the wire and proceed down the northern tunnel. Almost instantly you spot another wire up ahead, similar to the first. It too seems to have been placed there merely to trip anyone not paying attention, rather than pose any serious threat on its own. As Pieter steps over it, something moves among the dense clusters of mushrooms up ahead. Before anyone is able to take stock of the situation or react, three large mushrooms appear to come alive and charge straight for you.

All three runs straight at Pieter. One releases a cloud of spores, while another lashes out at Pieter, giving him a solid knock on the skull with its heavy fist. A third falls behind slightly, while a fourth is still hiding in the shadowy mushroom forest down the passage ahead.

12 damage to Pieter from M1. Pieter resists the spore attack from M2, and gets an oportunity attack against it.

Initiative is below, in order. You may all post in whatever order you like, I'll resolve your actions in the proper order when I post. If you want or need to know what those before you do, simply wait for them to post first. At times I may restrict the number of people who gets to act at a time, to make things more managable or avoid confusion/trouble. I'll always note whose turn it currently is here in the spoiler, right before the initiative list, like so:

Everyone's turn (Pieter gets an oportunity attack against M2, which technically happens before his turn)

M1:
M2:
M3:
Aris: init 11, 37/37 hp
Pieter: init 9, 18/30 hp
Jarili: init 9, 37/37 hp
Vondal: init 8, 29/29 hp
Jaina: init 7, 24/24 hp
R:

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e1m2.png

NeoGoliath
2010-05-13, 09:59 AM
Vondal could barely see what was going on, but he definitly heard Pieter getting a good thud.

"Hang on laddy!"

"Moradin bless my ally with power to continue in his battle"

[Move to I9 and use healing word on Pieter]

"Are those.... livin' shrooms?"

Phiktional
2010-05-13, 10:31 AM
Jarili moves up, behind Vondal and carefully as he can over the wire, running at the first mushroom. He swings his axe over head, aiming for the things midsection.

Using Sure Stike.

[roll0]

Assuming it hits heres damage.

[roll1]

"Aye, I think they are. Damned ugly too, looks like we be havin stew tonight." He yells over the commotion with a smile on his face.

Loxagn
2010-05-13, 10:57 AM
"Mushrooms... I hate mushrooms." The woman stepped back, past Aris. She spread her arms wide, eyes glowing brightly red in the dark. For a moment, there was the slightest hint of flame leaping to her hands.

"Stew, Jarill? Thanks, but I prefer my monsters au flambé!"

She clapped her hands together, and a tiny orb of red light flew past the monsters before exploding in a plume of fire.

Move Action: Jaina moves back to F8.
Standard Action: Jaina casts Scorching Burst, a burst 1 centered on L8.
Attack roll against M2: [roll0]
Attack roll against M3: [roll1]
Damage roll against M2: [roll2] Fire damage.
Damage roll against M3: [roll3] Fire damage.
If the attack hits both, they take an additional 2 fire damage each.

Reverent-One
2010-05-15, 12:39 PM
Pieter swings instinctively at the attacking mushroom before he and Rozdosi spring into action. The drake moves behind the mushroom while Pieter distracts it, hoping to rip it apart.

Opportunity attack:
Attack-22
Damage-7

Move: Rozdosi shifts to J6
Minor: Quarry M1
Standard: Predator strike on M1.
Attack vs AC-15
Damage-21

MoriHikari
2010-05-16, 12:42 PM
Aris yells feraly moving to attack with her flail, while making sure not to trip over the wire (attacking M1)

Howling strike
attack against m1: [roll0]

damage if hit: [roll1]+[roll2] damage

Deadly
2010-05-16, 03:00 PM
Aris storms forth with a mighty roar and sinks her axe into the soft flesh of the mushroom. Strangely the other mushroom next to it appears to have shared the damage, making the impact seem less impressive than it should have rightfully been.

Pieter reacts with a quick strike as the mushroom releases its spores, though his second attack was less successful.

Jarili follows Aris' example, striking at the 'shroom with his axe.

Vondal merely steps in to provide Pieter a bit of aid, while Jaina scorches one of the mushrooms.

The mushroom in the back moves forwards, trying to get into a good position, while its three cronies strike out at Aris and Pieter with their powerful fists.

7 damage to M2 from Pieter (oportunity attack).

22 damage to M1 from Aris. M1 takes half of the damage (11) and M2 takes the other half (11).

Pieter misses.

7 damage to M1 from Jarili.

Pieter spends a healing surge and regains 7+4 hit points from Vondal's Healing Word. I would like once more to remind that Healing Word is only a minor action so Vondal could have done more this round. It is also a burst 5 power so he didn't have to be adjacent to Pieter. Just a note.

9 damage to M3 from Jaina.

Enemy R moves to L6.

6 damage to Aris from M1.

9 damage to Pieter from M2.

M3 misses Pieter.

Aris and Pieter's turn.

M1: Wounded, Pieter's Quarry
M2: Wounded
M3: Wounded
Aris: init 11, 31/37 hp
Pieter: init 9, 20/30 hp
Jarili: init 9, 37/37 hp
Vondal: init 8, 29/29 hp
Jaina: init 7, 24/24 hp
R:

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e1m3.png

Phiktional
2010-05-16, 09:52 PM
Jarili See Aris and Peiter both take hits and decides its time to take these 'shrooms serious. "Well, either way, we're eaten!" He goes into an attack sequence meant to distract his target.

No move.
Attack/ Covering Strike
Roll for hit.
[roll0]
Damage, if I hit.
[roll1]
And Aris or Peiter can shift two squares, they can decide.

NeoGoliath
2010-05-17, 09:14 AM
With a loud roar, Vondal jumps over the wire, and while coming down he tries to smash the big plant with his hammer.

"This is from the Dwarves!"

ooc: thanks for the heads up.

Move to i7 and use Invigorating Assault on M1
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
And can I do the temp hit points on Rosdozi? Cause I got a feeling he's gonna get his head smashed in by the big shroom.

Loxagn
2010-05-17, 09:53 AM
Jaina was only slightly disgruntled. Her spell hadn't seemed to do much. "Wait, wait, wait. Hang on."
She blinked, flipping to a page in her spellbook. "Wait, yes! That's it!"
She swung her hand to the side, the gathering light a pale blue this time.

"Those burns look nasty. You should put some ice on it."

At her command, the area around several of the mushrooms flash-froze, icicles jutting sharply out of the floor.

Jaina uses the Tome of Readiness to swap Burning Hands for Icy Terrain.
Jaina casts Icy Terrain.
Burst 1 centered on L7, versus Reflex.
Attack roll against R: [roll0]
Attack roll against M2: [roll1]
Attack roll against M3: [roll2]
Damage roll against R: [roll3] and knocked prone.
Damage roll against M2: [roll4] and knocked prone.
Damage roll against M3: [roll5] and knocked prone.
If more than one is hit, all hit targets take an additional 2 damage.
The burst is difficult terrain until the end of Jaina's next turn.

Reverent-One
2010-05-17, 12:51 PM
Pieter continues to focus his attention on the mushroom between him and Rozdosi, though his spirit companion returns to block off the mushroom in the rear. Distracting the mushroom, Pieter leaves it open to Rozdosi's sharp teeth and claws.

Minor: Call Spirit Companion to K6
Standard: Predator's Strike on M1
Attack vs AC-23
Damage-20

MoriHikari
2010-05-19, 10:54 AM
aris attacks M1 again, letting loose another feral yell.

howling strike
1d20+7 against AC
Damage if hit: [roll0]+[roll1]

edit: i cant get the attack roll to work (anywhere on the forums)

Deadly
2010-05-19, 02:29 PM
The fight rages on, as the big mushroom in the back strikes out at the newly summoned spirit companion, giving it a solid strike with its staff. The other mushrooms continue to focus on Aris and Pieter. One gives Aris a knock on the head, while another strikes at Pieter but misses. The third releases a cloud of spores, hoping to incapacitate Pieter and his lizard. Pieter stays strong, however, and strikes swiftly at the mushroom in return.

I have colored Rozdosi and the spirit companion blue on the map, just to make it a little easier to see who's who.

Aris misses (rolled a 5 on attack for you, sorry)

20 damage to M1 from Pieter. Enemy R takes it all instead.

Jarili misses.

NeoGoliath: I can't find Invigorating Assault anywhere in the books. You also seem to have an awful lot of encounter powers all of a sudden. I'll have to look over your sheet in detail again it seems. It would help a lot of you'd note where each feat, item and power comes from (which book).

Not that it matters right now, since you miss.

10 damage to M2 and 9 damage to M3 from Jaina. Both are knocked prone.

11 damage to spirit companion from enemy R. The spirit disappears, and Pieter takes 6 damage.

5 damage to Aris from M1.

M2 and M3 stand up from being prone (apparently this doesn't provoke oportunity attacks or anything at all, oddly enough).

M2 misses Pieter.

M3 releases spores. Pieter resists. 9 damage to Rozdosi, and it can't take standard actions until after M3's next turn.

Pieter gets an Oportunity Attack against M3.

M1: Wounded, Pieter's Quarry
M2: Bloodied
M3: Wounded
Aris: 26/37 hp
Pieter: 14/30 hp
Rozdosi: 21/30 hp, can't take standard actions
Jarili: 37/37 hp
Vondal: 29/29 hp
Jaina: 24/24 hp
R: Wounded

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e1m4.png

Reverent-One
2010-05-20, 06:30 PM
Pieter feels the connection break as the mushroom strikes the spirit hard enough for it to lose it's form and grasps his chest. With Rosdozi dazed, Pieter sheaths his sword and enters battle himself, his body changing, shifting into the form of a drake similar to Rosdozi. In this form he slashes at the mushroom now caught between two sets of sharp teeth and claws.

Minor/Move: Sheath weapon
Minor: Wild Shape
Standard: Grasping claws on M1.
Attack vs. Ref - 18
Damage- 6
On hit, target is slowed till the end of my next turn

Loxagn
2010-05-20, 08:43 PM
Jaina seemed a bit more confident; her previous attack had enjoyed quite a bit more success than the first. "Well now, let's see if we can get a little follow-through!"
She stepped back a little further, a single dagger of silver light forming in her hand.

"You just don't get it. You're supposed to die when you take a fireball to the face, get my point?!"

She threw the dagger, and as it flew past the mushrooms, it shattered, splitting into thousands of shards that became identical blades of light, quickly filling a large area.

"Okay, so that was a horrible pun. Smite me."

Jaina shifts to E8 and casts an Enlarged Cloud of Daggers.
Area burst 1 centered on L7. Versus reflex.
Attack roll against R: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] force.
Attack roll against M2: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] force.
Attack roll against M3: [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] force.
If more than one is hit, all targets take an additional 2 damage.
Until the end of Jaina's next turn, any creature that enters the burst or starts its turn there takes 8 force damage.
At the end of this turn, the difficult terrain goes away.
EDIT:
Bugger! I forgot to factor in the combat advantage from being prone. Add 2 to the attack rolls for M2 and M3.

Phiktional
2010-05-21, 10:44 AM
Having missed on his last attack Jarili grew angry. "Stinkin' Mushrooms in this stinkin' cave." He muttered.

Full Round Attack
Sure Strike on M1
Attack Roll:[roll0]
Damage Roll:[roll1]

MoriHikari
2010-05-21, 02:32 PM
Aris again attacks the mushroom, cursing at her own inability to hit a mere fungus.

attacks M1 with howling fury once again.
[roll0] against AC
[roll1]+[roll2] damage if a hit

NeoGoliath
2010-05-22, 05:14 AM
"Pieter! Can you atleast try not to get yer head stomped will ya?!"

Use healing word on Pieter

Invigorating Assault on M1
attack: [roll0]
if hits: one ally adjacent to you gains temp hit points equal to your WisMod (5)
That someone would be Pieter

Reverent-One
2010-05-23, 05:26 PM
Feeling the healing magic flow over him, Pieter catches his breath, "I'm trying, friend. Trust me, I don't want to fall to this fungus as much as you do."

No OOC reason for this, just filling some time.

Deadly
2010-05-24, 02:08 AM
The big mushroom advances upon Rozdosi but the little lizard nimbly evades the clumsy attack of its staff. The other mushrooms continue their attacks on Aris and Pieter.

Going to drop the shadow on the map, since it serves no purpose anymore.

7 damage to M3 from Pieter (opportunity), M1 takes 4 of those and M3 takes the other 3.

Aris misses again.

6 damage to M1 from Pieter, and it is slowed til end of his turn.

Jarili misses again too.

Pieter spends another surge and regains an additional 5 hp (12 hp total). Vondal now has no more uses of Healing Word left this encounter.

Vondal misses too :(

Jaina: The two mushrooms are no longer prone, they used a move action to stand up on their last turn.

10 damage to enemy R and 7 damage to M3 from Jaina.

2 damage to enemy R, M2 and M3 from Jaina for starting their turns within the area of the daggers. This seems like a rather high damage, from what I can tell it should only be your wisdom mod (which is 2), where do you get the extra +6 from? Going to use the 8 for now so we can move on, but would like to make sure its correct because it seems a little high even if you do get a few bonuses.

Enemy R misses Rozdosi.

8 damage to Aris from M1.

9 damage to Pieter from M2.

M3 misses Pieter.

M1: Bloodied, Pieter's Quarry, slowed til end of Pieter's turn
M2: Bloodied
M3: Bloodied
Aris: 18/37 hp
Pieter: 17/30 hp, wild shaped
Rozdosi: 21/30 hp
R: Bloodied

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e1m5.png

Loxagn
2010-05-24, 08:26 AM
8 damage to enemy R, M2 and M3 from Jaina for starting their turns within the area of the daggers. This seems like a rather high damage, from what I can tell it should only be your wisdom mod (which is 2), where do you get the extra +6 from? Going to use the 8 for now so we can move on, but would like to make sure its correct because it seems a little high even if you do get a few bonuses.
Sorry, I'm a moron. I added my implement bonuses to the extra damage for some reason.

MoriHikari
2010-05-24, 11:15 AM
Aris takes a deep breath, willing herself to continue the fight.
aris uses her second wind to regain 9 hit points and is no longer bloodied.

Phiktional
2010-05-24, 12:47 PM
As Jarili feels his axe bite into the stone floor next to the mushroom he gets even angrier. "Ach, its time to put you down for good!" he yells.

Full Attack on M1
Sure Stike - [roll0] vs AC
Thundering Waraxe Damage - [roll1] + [roll2]
If it hits target shifts 1 square if possible

Forgot you cant edit in rolls, look in OOC thread for even more damage rolls.

Reverent-One
2010-05-24, 01:14 PM
With the command of a simple growl, Rozdosi and Pieter rip into the mushroom between them, trying to bring the thing down for good.

Attack: Predator's Strike on M1
Attack vs AC-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]+[roll2]

Loxagn
2010-05-24, 01:32 PM
Jaina grumbled slightly under her breath. "Oh come on, you're not dead yet?! Just lay down and die, already!" She lobbed another fireball, feeling just a little unhappy.

Scorching burst on L7.
R: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] fire
M2: [roll2] Damage: [roll3] fire
M3: [roll4] Damage: [roll5] fire
+2 if more than one hit.

NeoGoliath
2010-05-24, 06:57 PM
"Taste!....Dwarven!.....Iron!!!......" Vondal yelled while slamming his hammer into the fungus.

I'll attack the one which is still alive I guess since the damage this round is quite good. Starting with M1 obviously.
I use invigorating assault.
Damage:[roll1]
and 5 temp hp to Pieter again.

Deadly
2010-05-25, 02:06 AM
As Jaina blasts the area, the big mushroom explodes in a burst of life-giving spores.

The other three mushrooms continue on. The first one turns from Aris to Jarili, trying bash the dwarf's skull, but Jarili manages to evade the attack just barely. While almost about to fall, the second mushroom manages to deliver a solid strike at Pieter, while the last mushroom misses.

Aris spends a healing surge and regains 9 hp.

Pieter/Rozdosi miss.

24 damage to M1 from Jarili. M2 takes half of that (12) and M1 takes the other half (12). M1 can't be pushed anywhere currently, though, since all surrounding squares are occupied. M1 is marked by Jarili.

8 damage to M1 from Vondal. Enemy R takes all of it instead. Pieter gets 5 temp hp.

9 damage to R, 13 damage to M2 and 9 damage to M3 from Jaina.

Enemy R is killed by Jaina. It explodes in a burst of spores. M1, M3 and Rozdosi regain 10 hp.

M1 misses Jarili.

12 damage to Pieter from M2

M3 misses Pieter.

M1: Bloodied, Pieter's Quarry, Marked by Jarili
M2: Near Death
M3: Bloodied
Aris: 27/37 hp
Pieter: 10/30 hp, wild shaped
Rozdosi: 30/30 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e1m6.png

Reverent-One
2010-05-25, 03:49 PM
Pieter and Rozdosi try to rip into the mushroom between them once more, claws slashing.

Predator's Strike once more on M1:
Attack vs AC - [roll0]
Damage-[roll1] + [roll2]

Phiktional
2010-05-25, 04:41 PM
Feeling his axe bite into the body of the giant fungus Jarili swings again with renewed vigor.

Full Attack - Sure Strike
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]

MoriHikari
2010-05-25, 11:28 PM
Now feeling a bit more revitalized aris stikes again at the mushroom in front of her.
howling strike against M1
[roll0] versus AC
Damage if hit: [roll1] + [roll2]

NeoGoliath
2010-05-26, 04:56 PM
With lack for more one-liners about chopping shrooms:
Invigorating attack (surpriiiiise)
attack:
damage:[roll]1d10+1
temp health to Pieter

NeoGoliath
2010-05-26, 04:58 PM
Messed it up: [roll0]

Loxagn
2010-05-26, 05:17 PM
As the first mushroom fell, the witch cackled with glee, pulling another silver dagger out of thin air. "Well, looks like we're having that stew after all! Here, let me get started on the preparations."

The dagger was flung once more, mimicking the last. "You guys want your 'shrooms sliced, diced, or minced?"

Enlarged Cloud of Daggers.
Area Burst centered on L7.
M2: [roll0] Damage: [roll1]
M3: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]
+2 damage if both hit, as always.
Anything that enters/starts its turn in the burst takes 2 damage.

Deadly
2010-05-27, 02:53 AM
As one of them is sliced up by the daggers, the two remaining 'shrooms lash out at Aris and Pieter in desperation before they too are cut down.

Aris misses

11 damage to M1 from Pieter. M3 take 6 of those, M1 takes the other 5.

9 damage to M1 from Jarili. M3 takes 5 of those, M1 takes the other 4.

6 damage to M1 from Vondal. M3 takes 3 of those, M1 takes the other 3.

5 damage to M3 from Jaina.

2 damage to M2 and M3 from Jaina, for starting their turn within the daggers.

M2 is killed by Jaina.

9 damage to Aris from M1.

M3 misses Pieter.

Since you'd almost certainly kill the two remaining 'shrooms before their next turn I see little point in playing it out. Assume that Aris takes down M1 and Pieter deals with M3.

You each gain 155 xp. Status at the end of the battle:

Aris: 18/37 hp
Pieter: 10/30 hp

Reverent-One
2010-05-27, 01:44 PM
Pieter's body changes once more, this time shifting back into his human form before sitting on the ground, applying some simple bindings to his wounds. At the same time, he examines the body's of their attackers.

Nature check, if appropriate-[roll0]
And I'm somewhat confused as these mushrooms seem to hold staffs, which should be somewhat difficult even for large mushrooms, as they lack arms.

Deadly
2010-05-27, 02:03 PM
Pieter remembers having heard of such creatures once. They are known as myconids - strange plant creatures inhabiting vast mushroom forests of the underdark and other dark places. While not necessarily evil, myconids have a tendency to expand their territory and numbers and thus get into conflict with other creatures in the same area. They are very resilient too, and some underdark races are known to cultivate or enslave them for cheap labor.

They do have arms (and legs). Only the big one used a staff though, the others simply used their fists.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/intheworks_0504_7.jpg

Spending a healing surge, btw?

Reverent-One
2010-05-27, 02:26 PM
Ah, that makes much more sense. They also look pretty cool.

And yes, spending healing surges, 2 in fact.

"Hmmm, I believe these are Myconids. They can be rather territorial, perhaps they've been pushed out here from their own land by the sickness too." Once the party has had a chance to rest Pieter asks, "Shall we continue then? Does someone else want to take the lead? That was a rather closer than I'd like."

Loxagn
2010-05-27, 03:47 PM
Jaina sighed, taking advantage of the short rest to refresh her spells. "Hm... Well, might as well. I'll take second, so long as someone not-squishy is in front."

NeoGoliath
2010-05-27, 06:11 PM
"Hmmmm, now who would that tough guy be èh?"
<Glaring but smiling towards Jarili> :)

Phiktional
2010-05-27, 06:37 PM
Jarili looks around at the others glaring at him expectantly, "Oh Right right, I be takin' the lead then." He says with a grin.

Any Particular Direction guys?

Deadly
2010-05-28, 03:20 AM
After a brief moment to regain your breath, you continue onwards down the only path you can find. The dark, moldy tunnels twist and turn as they wind their way downwards. After several minutes of walking the tunnel opens up into a large circular cavern. In the center is a murky pool of briny water and mud, and all around the room the cavern is overgrown with mushrooms of all sorts and sizes. It will be difficult to move around with all the mushrooms. Pieter and Vondal recognises several patches as doomspores, dangerous fungi known to release clouds of poisonous spores at the slightest disturbance.

Two passages other than the one you came from lead off from the room, one going west, the other east.

NeoGoliath
2010-05-28, 03:59 AM
"Stop right there you guys! Oooh, look at those, you know what those are? Doomspores"
<while walking around and grabbing some rocks he monologues a bit>
"A yound laddie just got sick from those last week, nasty little buggers they are. However, they don't have an unlimited source of spores, so what you do...."

<Vondal takes stance and throws several rocks low over the ground, so that he tries to hit several shrooms all over the room>

"You might wanna clear the room for a second guys"

Deadly
2010-05-28, 06:23 AM
As Vondal begins to throw rocks into the patches of doomspores, something wet and cold drips on him from above. As he looks up, something green and slimy falls upon him before he can react. Before he knows it he's entirely covered in green slime, wrapping tightly around him and searing his skin with its acid.

Another one drops on Jarili behind him, latching unto the fighter.

Meanwhile the muddy green pond in the middle begins to stir as a big amorphous creature of mud and sludge rises from its watery resting place.

9 acid damage to Vondal from Slime 1 and Vondal is engulfed (save ends).

4 acid damage to Jarili from Slime 2 and Jarili is engulfed (save ends).

While engulfed, you take 5 ongoing acid damage and is restrained. Attacks against the slime deal half damage to you and the other half to the slime.

The slimes occupy the same squares as Vondal and Jarili while they are engulfed. It's a little hard to show on the map, but I've tried.

The entire room is difficult terrain, which effectively means you move at half speed.

The black/red thingies are doomspores. Those that are green have been triggered already and are thus harmless.

Aris' turn (only Aris' turn right now)

Aris: Init 25, 18/37 hp
Slime 1:
Slime 2:
Mud Monster:
Jarili: Init 17, 33/37 hp, 5 ongoing acid + restrained (save ends)
Pieter: Init 9, 24/30 hp
Rozdosi: Init 9, 30/30 hp
Jaina: Init 9, 24/24 hp
Vondal: Init 6, 20/29 hp, 5 ongoing acid + restrained (save ends)

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e2m1.png

MoriHikari
2010-05-29, 12:56 AM
Seeing no way to get to the slime without hitting her companions at the same time aris takes a moment to study the situation for the best possible way to strike.

aris skips her attack for this round, and if I can I'd like to use her second wind again (not sure if I can use it again already)

[roll0] insight check to see if there is anyway to attack without hitting companions or a way to do it to cause the least amount of damage to them.

Deadly
2010-05-29, 02:43 AM
Short of waiting for the slimes to lose their grip on her friends, dealing with the big mud monster is the most obvious course of action and maybe a wise one too. The big thing looks like it could be more of a threat than the slimes.

While Aris considers the situation, the slimes gnaw away at Vondal and Jarili. The mud monster gathers a large clump of mud in its massive fist and slings it at Vondal, but the mud simply splatters against the ground in front of him. The monster appears to be annoyed, but stays where it is, surrounded by water.

Pieter thinks the big creature is a so-called mud lasher, and a big one. They are elemental creatures of earth and water that lurks in shallow waters and delights in drowning their victims and rest upon their buried corpses. No saying how long this thing has been here or how many unfortunate victims now lie buried in the muddy pond.

Yes, you can use your Second Wind again. Except perhaps in very unusual situations, there is always a short rest between encounters.

Aris spends a healing surge and regains 9 hp.

Slime 1 misses Vondal.

10 acid damage to Jarili from Slime 2.

Mud Monster misses Vondal.

Just a little note that you can enter the pond, it is relatively shallow but like the rest of the room it is difficult terrain.

Everyone's turn now.

Aris: 27/37 hp
Slime 1:
Slime 2:
Mud Monster:
Jarili: 23/37 hp, 5 ongoing acid + restrained (save ends)
Pieter: 24/30 hp
Vondal: 20/29 hp, 5 ongoing acid + restrained (save ends)

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e2m1.png

Phiktional
2010-05-29, 03:50 PM
"Ach, what is this thing!" Jarili exclaimed. It took him a second but he managed to shake the thing off of him. "That thing hurt! Well, I think I can do better."

Jarili shakes off the slime (check OOC for result) and steps into C11 as part of that action.
Uses comeback strike
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Healing surge spent +9 HP

Reverent-One
2010-05-29, 04:43 PM
So you like the water, huh? Let's see about pulling you out of it then. Pieter thinks before beginning to cast a spell. A large vine whip grows from his totem and grabs at the monster, trying to pull it to shore.

Standard: Thorn whip on M
Attack vs Fort: [roll0]
If it hits, pull M so that it's bottom right corner is in H10.

NeoGoliath
2010-05-29, 09:15 PM
After some clumsy wriggling Vondal somehow manages to throw the slime next to him, only to see it's coming straight for him again.

Use Astral seal on the buggar:
attack: [roll0] vs Reflex

Hit: Until the end of your next turn, the target takes a 02 penalty to all defenses. The next ally who hits it before the end of your next turn regains hit points equal to 2+ChaMod(+2)
I guess I'll use healing word then (new encounter right?) on Jarili

MoriHikari
2010-06-02, 04:02 PM
Aris throws a dagger at the doomspores in h11 to clear a path to the creature in the pond. then moves to f12 towards the large creature.

(OOC: not sure if I need to roll to hit the doomspores if I do here it is (better safe than sorry)
[roll0] against doomspores

Deadly
2010-06-05, 03:51 AM
The two slimes lash out at Vondal and Jarili again, but this time fail to get their slimy apendages on their targets.

Meanwhile the mud monster strides out of the water and right through a patch of doom spores, clearly unaffected by the cloud of poisonous spores, to strike a heavy blow against Aris.

5 damage to Jarili (ongoing). Jarili shakes off the slime and strikes, but misses (with a daily :smallfrown:)

Pieter misses the mud monster.

Jaina's Actions: Cloud of Daggers in square H8. 10 damage to mud monster from Jaina.

5 damage to Vondal (ongoing). Vondal eventually frees himself of the slime and uses Healing Word. Jarili spends a surge and regains 19 hp.

Aris throws a dagger and moves. An attack is a good idea, yes. Not that they are hard to hit, but still.

Slime 1 misses Vondal.

Slime 2 misses Jarili.

2 damage to mud monster for starting its turn in Jaina's cloud of daggers.

14 damage to Aris from mud monster, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).

Aris: 13/37 hp, ongoing 5 (save ends)
Slime 1:
Slime 2:
Mud Monster: Wounded
Vondal: 15/29 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e2m2.png

Reverent-One
2010-06-06, 09:56 PM
"I've got this one!" Pieter calls. Rozdosi moves around into position while Pieter pulls the slime closer to him.

Move: Pieter to A13, Rozdosi to E12
Standard: Thorn Whip on S2
Attack vs Fort-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]
Pull it to B12 on a hit.

Phiktional
2010-06-06, 11:45 PM
Jarili growls ferally at the liquid-y monnster in front of him, "Grrrrr, this'n'll get ya!

Full attack
Target is marked
Sure strike

MoriHikari
2010-06-07, 02:34 PM
Aris growls at the pain of the hit before launching into her own attack against the big creature. Now looking a bit more feral and dangourous she wills herself to keep standing and fighting.

moves to attack M.
[roll0] vs. AC
if a hit: [roll1] damage and aris is now raging.

minor action:
uses primal vitality to gain 7 temporary hit points.

NeoGoliath
2010-06-11, 04:20 AM
Been gone a long while, sorry for that once again. For the future you have my permission to use my character just to keep the story going.

Darn slimes, I hate slimes Vondal mutteres while he tries to run back a bit.

I use healing word on myself, I use Amoth's Grace on Aris.

So I get [roll0] health back and Aris gets a healing surge worth of hp back.

I then use Mighty hew (also immidiate reaction, woopie :D) on Mud Man over there.
Attack: [roll1]
[roll2]

Deadly
2010-06-12, 04:10 AM
The big mud monster had obviously not expected the overwhelming assaul it would be subject to from Aris, Jaina and Vondal. With a terrible wail it collapses in a huge puddle of stench ridden mud under the massive damage.

Jaina notes that the slimes apparently burn well, as her flames seem to flare up upon hitting the slime next to the big mud monster. If the slime could speak it likely would scream at the searing pain right now.

The two slimes turn their effort towards Vondal, trying their best to bring the cleric down. While the first ooze strikes way past its target, the other manages to strike hard and grab Vondal once again.

6 damage to S2 from Jarili

Pieter misses S2.

Jaina's actions: Scorching Burst on G10. 17 damage to S1 and 12 damage to Mud Monster from Jaina.

Vondal and Aris spend a surge each, Vondal heals 8 hp and Aris heals 9 hp. 21 damage to mud monster from Vondal.

5 damage to Aris (ongoing)

25 damage to Mud Monster from Aris, killing it, and Aris gains 7 temp hp. I'm a little confused by the 3W damage you do. Did you use your daily power (Rage Drake's Frenzy)? Also you forgot to roll a saving throw (rolled a 13 for you)

Aris saves against the ongoing damage.

Slime 1 misses Vondal (you lucky bastard, you have a terrible reflex and yet you evade the thing TWICE...)

Ha! Revenge, then :smallamused: Critical hit against Vondal from Slime 2. 9 damage to Vondal from Slime 2 and he is once again engulfed. While engulfed, Vondal is restrained and takes ongoing 5 acid damage, and all damage to Slime 2 does half damage to both slime and Vondal. Slime 2 can only attack Vondal though.

Since Slime 2's attack did not include Jarili, he gets an oportunity attack against Slime 2. Since this happens before its attack against Vondal it won't hurt Vondal, only the slime.

Aris: 17/37 hp, 7 temp hp, raging
Slime 1: Wounded
Slime 2: Wounded, marked by Jarili
Vondal: 14/29 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e2m3.png

Phiktional
2010-06-12, 11:47 AM
This is the Combat Advantage attack on that slime

Jarili sees the slime trying to attack his comrade and lounges to his aid.

Full attack
Encounter Power - Covering Attack
Attack - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Vondal May shift 2 squares

Reverent-One
2010-06-12, 01:25 PM
Pieter sloughs through the muddy ground while Rozdosi pounces on one of the slimes.

Move: Pieter to C10, Rozdosi to G10
Standard: Rozdosi attacks the slime
Attack vs AC-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]

NeoGoliath
2010-06-13, 05:17 PM
I.... <WRIGGLE> HATE..... <WRIGGLE> SLIIIIIMES! <ÜBERWRIGGLE> He shouts while desperately trying to release himself from the slime.

[roll0]is that + something? And can I use a move action here if I free myself. If not I'd like to use my action point to do so (it's an encounter thing anyway)

MoriHikari
2010-06-14, 12:37 AM
aris goes to attack the slime not currently attached to anyone.

Aris moves to f10 and uses Howling Strike
[roll0] vs AC of Slime 1
damage if hit: [roll1] + [roll2]

NeoGoliath
2010-06-14, 05:02 PM
Just keep wriggling:

[roll0]

Deadly
2010-06-17, 04:26 AM
The slime engulfing Vondal continues to gnaw and sear its host, apparently trying to dissolve the cleric. Meanwhile the other slime lashes out at Aris, wrapping itself around her tightly.

Jarili miss M2 (oportunity attack)

Jarili readies an action, in case Vondal gets free.

Rozdosi miss M1.

Jaina's actions: Scorching Burst in square G8. 14 damage to Slime 1 from Jaina.

Vondal wriggles and wriggles, but doesn't get anywhere with it.

Since Vondal did not get free, Jarili simply moves to E9 as his readied action. He moves also in the initiative order to right after Vondal.

12 damage to Slime 1 from Aris.

5 damage to Vondal (ongoing)

8 damage to Vondal from Slime 2.

4 damage to Aris from Slime 1, and she is engulfed just like Vondal.

Unless someone can heal or somehow free Vondal from the slime before his turn, he is going to fall unconscious/dying at the beginning of his turn (from the ongoing damage) and won't be able to take any actions. Once this happens the slime will let go of Vondal and end up in square D10.

Slime 1 is so close to death that any single hit should kill it now, so Aris can probably suffer a little damage from Rozdosi or someone else in order to get rid of the slime before her turn.

Aris: 17/37 hp, 3 temp hp, Raging, Engulfed
Slime 1: Near Death
Vondal: 1/29 hp, Engulfed

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e2m4.png

NeoGoliath
2010-06-23, 10:31 AM
Please someone quick!

Help me! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kwojbxw7014) Skip to 0:35 =)

Reverent-One
2010-06-23, 09:20 PM
Working together, Rozdosi and Pieter attempt to rip the slime off of Aris.

Move: Pieter to E11, Rozdosi to E9
Standard: Predator strike on the slime
attack vs AC-[roll0]
Damage-[roll1]+[roll2]

Deadly
2010-06-24, 04:13 AM
I assume you meant G9 for Rozdosi, since E9 is occupied and G9 lets you flank the slime.

7 damage to Aris and 8 damage to Slime 1 from Pieter and Rozdosi. The slime is dead, and Aris no longer engulfed.

Jaina's actions: Move to F11. Use Heal skill to give First Aid, rolled 18 vs DC 10. Vondal uses his Second Wind to regain hp, but does not gain the normal bonus to defence. Vondal spends a surge and regains 7 hp.

5 damage to Vondal (ongoing) on the start of his turn.

Aris: 13/37 hp, Raging
Vondal: 3/29 hp, Engulfed

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e2m5.png

NeoGoliath
2010-06-26, 04:51 PM
Lack of creativity; I'm tired
<Wriggle>
[roll0]

NeoGoliath
2010-06-26, 04:54 PM
And that one. Why aren't rolls working? =.='
[roll0]

NeoGoliath
2010-06-26, 04:59 PM
VICTORY!
I use healing word on myself. [roll0] healing.
Than hit him with invigorating assault:
[roll1] which hopefully does [roll2] damage and also gives me 5 temp hit points.

Deadly
2010-06-27, 02:53 AM
Figured I should make a post, to make the current situation more clear

Vondal gets free of the slime and heals 13 hp. Since the last attack would clearly miss, I assume you won't be spending an Action Point to make it (sort of meta-gamish, but not much to do about that now)

Jarili and Aris' turn now.

Vondal: 16/29 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e2m6.png

MoriHikari
2010-06-30, 11:17 AM
Aris moves out from behind her companions to strike at the slime.
move to D9
[roll0] Vs. AC of slime
damage if hit: [roll1] + [roll2]

Deadly
2010-07-02, 05:15 AM
The slime continues undeterred, lashing out at Jarili but failing to get a grip on the warrior.

Jarili's actions: Sure Strike against slime. Missed.

17 damage to slime from Aris.

Slime missed Jarili.

Vondal: 16/29 hp

http://www.tangveje.dk/pbp/arnmuir/grids/e2m7.png