PDA

View Full Version : Dyth's Kookie Kobolds (In-Character)

NineThePuma
2010-05-08, 05:48 PM
Gathered in the main amphitheater of the Lexorian Tribe's lair are roughly thirty kobolds, slowly being grouped into teams and briefed on what is likely to be the largest mission from the leader of the tribe in the ten years since the event that earned it the respect of the human village just down the road.

These Kobolds, split into ten teams, would search the surrounding lands for a likely location to settle a new tribe of kobolds. Eight of those teams would spread, searching in each of the eight compass directions. Two teams would be performing long range reconnaissance, at their own digression. One of those, Team 10, was formed of odds and ends from around the encampment, but the five man team was expected to do better than the six man teams. And so, as the other teams filed out, the two leaders focused on the members of Team 10, Kenta and Palintaria sharing a look, wondering which would ask for specific questions from them.

Flob
2010-05-08, 09:14 PM
Zothvar stands quietly and examines his comrades.
Thoughts

Dibs on purple. Ahem, "I hope these kobolds know how to handle themselves in battle..."

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-10, 05:30 AM
((Just a quick post before I run off to school, I'll say more when I get back))

"Lemme get this straight..." Peknor had listened to the explanation of the job only halfheartedly, instead content with conjuring small fires and playing with them. "Our job is to go find some new place to live... but we can do pretty much whatever we want to to accomplish this? Sounds like a sweet deal... what's the catch?"

Dusk Eclipse
2010-05-10, 09:19 AM
Raknos

Raknos hears attently to his mision, he is proud of being chosen as one of the teams who will try to find their new home.

Peknor... be more respectful to the elders.
Raknos sweatdrops at his little brother's antics, while he care very much for him, sometimes he is exasperated by him.

Dark fiddler
Our characters are still siblings right?

Also dibs on slate gray

Flob
2010-05-10, 02:43 PM
Comrades, do not worry about a catch, we should do this only for the glory of our clan. We should all feel deeply honored to have been chosen to do this.

To whatever official or leader near him.
Sir _(or Madam), do you have any other directions for us to follow before we start our adventure?

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-10, 04:02 PM
"...there's always a catch," Peknor mutters under his breath, quickly grasping the tiny fires in his claw, extinguishing them. He can tell that this isn't exactly a time to be having fun. He still wants to, of course, but he'd rather not anger the others.

Lyndworm
2010-05-13, 05:59 PM
After receiving the information, Odad nods. "Very well. Gix and I accept this proposal." At his mention, Odad pats the beast on his side.

NineThePuma
2010-05-17, 03:44 PM
"There is no catch, comrade. Merely to go where ever your team desires to go and pray that you do not encounter anything hungry enough to eat a kobold." Kenta said, jokingly. "Mountains to the north, scrubland to the east, marshes to the south, and the Great Sea to the west. You are free to choose a direction, though I would recommend avoiding the mountains. While the word is that they are beautiful in spring, they do get quite cold..."

... Yeah, I blanked and couldn't find my map, so... I just went and stole a map from somewhere else. x3

Flob
2010-05-17, 04:09 PM
Zothvar waits several secounds to make sure that the speaker is done, than adresses the group.
"Well, I like the sound of the scrubland personally, but what are your opinions bretheren?"
Zothvar waits for the opinions of his comrades.

Lyndworm
2010-05-19, 06:13 AM
"Gix was made for the scrubland, brother. We will have no difficulty there." Odad smiles a wicked, toothy grin. Maybe it's true what they say about pets and their owners after all.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-19, 06:47 PM
"Scrublands sound fine to me. Should be fun." With the joviality seeming to return, Peknor goes back to playing with small flames, tossing them between his claws.

Flob
2010-05-21, 07:26 PM
"Well, I guess it's settled, we head off to the Scrublands. Tell me, Kenta, is it possible to get some extra supplies for the road?"
Zothvar looks to his comrades for more words on the subject of travel.

Lyndworm
2010-05-21, 09:06 PM
"I would like to return to my quarters before heading out. I must gather some equipment tat would otherwise be best left out of sight." With a respectful bow towards his elders and a nod towards the creatures who would become his companions Odad turns away. Should no one stop him, he heads to his shared quarters, tucking a number of vials into the strap across his chest before returning.

The vials in question contain a neurotoxin. Although the elders are aware of Odad's practices, it's only logical that some people would be considerably more upset.

Also, Dyth, you never got back to me regarding how much the poison in question costs, or its Craft DC. A friend of mine (Arguskos) created the following guide for DCs:
For any poison with a save DC of 13 or less, the craft DC is equal to the save DC+2.

For any poison of save DC 13-16, the craft DC is equal to the save DC+6.

For any poison of save DC 17+, the craft DC is equal to the save DCx2.
This is an admittedly rough guess, but it makes the DC of distilling Gix's venom DC 21 (1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex, Save DC 15), which seems about right.

As for the prices, in order to make a craft check you pay 1/3rd of the total cost for raw material. However, I can get my hands on the raw material for free at any point in time (as Gixweyog secrets it from his back, arms, and tail almost constantly).

As a point of reference, Giant Wasp Poison (1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex, Save DC 14) costs 210gp (70gp for raw materials) and Yeti Oil (1d4 Dex/1d4 Dex, DC 15) costs 100gp (33.34gp for raw materials).

The Dark Fiddler
2010-05-23, 03:37 PM
Peknor chuckles to himself when Odad leaves. "He shouldn't have said that... I'll have to find out what he's hiding now, of course."

NineThePuma
2010-05-26, 04:47 PM
The vials in question contain a neurotoxin. Although the elders are aware of Odad's practices, it's only logical that some people would be considerably more upset.

Also, Dyth, you never got back to me regarding how much the poison in question costs, or its Craft DC. A friend of mine (Arguskos) created the following guide for DCs:
For any poison with a save DC of 13 or less, the craft DC is equal to the save DC+2.

For any poison of save DC 13-16, the craft DC is equal to the save DC+6.

For any poison of save DC 17+, the craft DC is equal to the save DCx2.
This is an admittedly rough guess, but it makes the DC of distilling Gix's venom DC 21 (1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex, Save DC 15), which seems about right.

As for the prices, in order to make a craft check you pay 1/3rd of the total cost for raw material. However, I can get my hands on the raw material for free at any point in time (as Gixweyog secrets it from his back, arms, and tail almost constantly).

As a point of reference, Giant Wasp Poison (1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex, Save DC 14) costs 210gp (70gp for raw materials) and Yeti Oil (1d4 Dex/1d4 Dex, DC 15) costs 100gp (33.34gp for raw materials).
... Meh, I figure it should be fine. I'll laugh if you try and fail to poison your first foe though.

Kenta gave a small nod. "Your team's supply is already prepared at the upper gallery, we'll get it over to the east gate within the next twenty minutes. You should all be ready to go by then." Kenta made a hand gesture, signaling their dismissal.

Flob
2010-05-26, 06:56 PM
"Well than, comrades, I guess we should depart."
Zothvar quickly rummages through his stuff to make sure it's all there. It is.
"Well, I'll meet you all up there. For the glory of the clan!"
Zothvar than departs and heads to the east gate to wait for his brothers.

Lyndworm
2010-05-27, 04:06 PM
Odad bows to Kenta before following Zothvar to the East Gate.