PDA

View Full Version : Nausicaa & the valley of the wind D20?

druid91
2010-05-08, 08:50 PM
Well it seems like an awesome setting for those who want a little mystery and magic (the ohmu and the priesthood with the genetic monsters.) but don't want magic to curbstomp everything else, It has that perfect mix of high tech and low tech.

So, as I am a total newbie at homebrewing, does anyone want to help me out?

mr.fizzypop
2010-05-08, 09:31 PM
What system are you willing to use? I would suggest D20 Apocalypse, but it depends on the game you're willing to run.

I personally love the Nausicaa movie and manga, and have implemented a lot of it in my dnd campaign. My last campaign used much of the setting and creatures, like the poisonous forest, and the giant insects.

druid91
2010-05-08, 09:35 PM
D20 apocalypse? Sorry but I'm not much familiar with anything besides D&D 3.5 and whats on the D20 modern srd.

The Tygre
2010-05-08, 09:45 PM
D20 Apocalypse was a supplement for D20 Modern. It dealt with games set in an 'after the end' or 'during the end' scenario. It also drew a little bit on D20 Future. D20 Apocalypse had stuff about radiation, mutations, zombies, demons; all the stuff that you usually see at the end of the world.

druid91
2010-05-08, 09:51 PM
Sounds handy for a game with giant insects, a poisonous fungus jungle, and god-warriors that shoot nuke beams from their mouths.

mr.fizzypop
2010-05-08, 10:01 PM
No matter what system you use, you're going to have to homebrew a lot, because Nausicaa has such a unique setting. Combining the gun play and scavenging from D20 Apocalypse and the melee, and familiarity from DnD is probably your best bet. The two systems are very similar.

Debihuman
2010-05-09, 06:03 AM
I've got a fairly complete d20 supplement that I found online in pdf form that is 50 pages long. You may want to search under this: "THE WORLD OF NAUSICAÄ". Yes, it is homebrewed, but I rather enjoyed it.

Hope this helps.

Debby

Thomar_of_Uointer
2010-05-09, 11:20 AM
I would also recommend the D20 Modern system. It's all online for free, and it lets you make good characters for the setting. The only thing you have left to make are monsters, a few environmental hazards, and a couple of specific pieces of future tech.