PDA

View Full Version : Prince in Exile (3.5e Solo)

Woodsman
2010-05-08, 09:14 PM
The king Edric Everard was dying. No one doubted that. The question was, of what? The entire city-state of Sahil wondered what it possibly could be. Some guessed age; the king was rather old, after all. Some believed it to be a sickness which could not be cured by even the best mages in the country.

Another theory floated around, but was kept to whispers in dark corners. Some believed that the king's cousin, Antanas, had poisoned him. Most who heard this doubted it, though: what would Antanas have to gain from the king's death?

The answer came when King Edric died. Antanas claimed regency for the young crown prince Andrew, who was only twelve years old at the time. However, the Regent had different plans. In a stunning move, he claimed he was the rightful heir to the throne, and took the crown for himself.

In yet another strange move, he did not execute the crown prince and his family. In what seemed to be compassion, he only exiled them, a move that gained him much support within the country.

As the prince and his family fled, though, they discovered Antanas held no compassion for them. Accidents, assassins, everything seemed out to get Andrew and his mother and sister.

Three years they spent dodging death, and finally they found peace in the city-state of Kerhed. They lived in quiet, but Andrew worried something would come after them.

So he sought out Master Ferran, a human master of those called warblades. Ferran appraised the youth and explained he'd train Andrew on one condition: Andrew had to retrieve a magical rapier from a nearby cave whose current resident was an ogre.

We find Andrew just outside the cave, peeking in to see if the ogre is inside. He sees nothing.

Reynard
2010-05-08, 09:26 PM
Looking at the surrounding countryside, Andrew makes absolutely certain the ogre isn't behind him and about to surprise him.

Well, I don't like this. Still, it's better than not getting the training I need.

He then removes his lamp from his pack, spends a moment lighting a flame, then holds it in the hand his buckler is strapped to. Taking his warhammer in his right hand, he sets into the cave with his lamp held high.

((Taking ten on a spot check before entering))

Woodsman
2010-05-08, 09:33 PM
Nothing. No ogre is present. A simple hovel exists, with table, stool, fire pit, cauldron, and bed large enough for an ogre's size. A pile of ogre-sized clothes lay in one corner, the hilt of a rapier sticking out of the center.

Reynard
2010-05-08, 09:37 PM
...Huh. I doubt it's this easy, really. But I can hope, I suppose.

Placing his lamp on the floor, Andrew walks over to the pile of clothes. Using his hammer to avoid touching them, he moves them aside to get a better look at the rapier.

Woodsman
2010-05-08, 09:43 PM
The rapier doesn't appear anything too special; however, it's blade isn't made of steel.

No traps are present, nothing can be seen through clothes. The only way to properly find out is to pick the blade up.

Reynard
2010-05-08, 09:50 PM
Slowly, and carefully, Andrew uses his left hand to pick up the blade by the hilt. If nothing bad happens, he loops it's guard through the strap that holds his pack closed. Then returns to his lamp and has a quick look through the Ogres home.

Search: [spoiler]d20+3[/roll]
Spot: [spoiler]d20+3[/roll]

Reynard
2010-05-08, 09:52 PM
((Why did I put spoiler tags? Why?))

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

Woodsman
2010-05-08, 10:07 PM
As Andrew pulls the blade from the floor, he can feel time slow down for just a fraction of a second. The blade is incredibly light, yet it is perfectly balanced.

As he searches through the hovel, he finds nothing of worth. Several bones are scattered across the cave, but other than that, little is there.

Reynard
2010-05-08, 10:17 PM
As he fastens the blade to the outside of his pack, he wonders about what he felt. He didn't seem to be hurt, so what had just happened? And there was the matter of the blades material.

Shrugging, he leaves the cavern the way he came in, lamp in one hand and warhammer in the other.

Woodsman
2010-05-08, 10:25 PM
As Andrew exits the cave, he sees a rather large figure. It begins shouting at him in Giant and suddenly rushes toward him.

(No actual combat yet, just roleplaying this fight. It does serve a purpose. Unless you run, which is also fine.)

Reynard
2010-05-09, 06:04 AM
S**t!

Crouching with one leg, and pushing off the ground with the other, Andrew dives out of the ogres path and rolls to a standing position as it hurtles past him.

He turns to face the ogre, and deliberately doesn't raise his hammer in readiness. He does however get ready to jump out of it's way again

"Do you speak Common?!" He shouts, the echoes bouncing around the cave.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 10:25 AM
The ogre tilts its head in confusion. "Why small-ish hoo-man want speak, not fight?"

The greatclub is more tree trunk than club. It wears armor made from the hides of animals. The stench eminating from the brute is staggering, but not in a debilitating way.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 11:18 AM
"Because you could crush me like I would crush a rat. But also because I'd rather not fight if I don't have to."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 12:19 PM
"Okay. Give back sword and no fight."

The ogre holds out his hand for you to put the sword in.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 12:55 PM
"...Fine."

He drops his hammer onto the floor, remove his pack and unties the rapier. It looked like he wasn't going to get the training.

He holds it carefully by the blade and holds it out to the ogre.

"Just so you know, more people are probably going to be coming for that. I was sent to retrieve it, so now that I failed, they'll probably send more."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 01:27 PM
"Who send you?"

As Andrew draws the rapier, he feels that split-second slowing of time. As he holds the blade to the ogre, he swears he can feel it tug at his hand, almost as if it didn't want to leave.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 01:40 PM
"The Master Warblade, Ferron. Do you know why he wants the sword?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 01:42 PM
"No. He never send for sword before. He steal it once, but give it back. No know why."

He hasn't taken the sword yet, instead eyeing it curiously.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 01:46 PM
"Strange. Does this happen often?"

Andrew slowly reaches down and picks up his warhammer, then puts it into its belt-loop.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 01:47 PM
"Never before."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 01:58 PM
"Well, maybe he won't send more, then. I was sent here to get that sword in order to get him to train me, I supposed that meant it was something he asked people to do every time, and none had succeeded before. What does it do, by the way? It felt... strange."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:01 PM
"Well, maybe he won't send more, then. I was sent here to get that sword in order to get him to train me, I supposed that meant it was something he asked people to do every time, and none had succeeded before. What does it do, by the way? It felt... strange."

"Why it feel strange?"

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:08 PM
"When I picked it up, it felt like the world around me slowed down. The same thing happened when I just handed it to you."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:12 PM
The ogre hasn't taken it yet.

"Sure you not crazy?" he says, squinting.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:16 PM
"Oh, I'm not quite sure of that."

Feeling foolish holding the rapier out to the ogre, he has an Idea.

"If I promise, no, if I swear to return this blade to you as soon as I can, will you let me take it to Ferron?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:18 PM
"Fine. Have one day to bring it back."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:24 PM
In response, Andrew places the hand holding the sword over his breast.

"Then I, Prince Andrew Everard, swear to return your blade to you before sunset tomorrow."

And with that, he re-attaches it to the pack, and sets off, back to Master Ferron, who's got some explaining to do.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:27 PM
"Well, well, you made it back alive," Ferron chuckles, "and with the sword too."

He is leaning against the outside of his house, arms folded. Andrew's mother, Amanda, and his sister, Bella, are on the upper floor of the house. Ferron has taken the family in while they search for a home in the nearby town.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:31 PM
As he approaches the house, Andrew waves to his family.

"The orge was surprisingly reasonable, Master." He says, with a slight bow.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:35 PM
"He was, wasn't he? Probably because he doesn't have much to fear around these parts. How'd you manage to get the sword if you met him, though?"

His mother and sister wave back from the upper floor through the window, then return to their conversation.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:38 PM
"I swore to return it."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:39 PM
"And are you going to?" Ferron asks, raising an eyebrow in interest.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:42 PM
"Of course" he replies, offended by the Masters remark.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:42 PM
Ferron shrugs. "Suit yourself. Might I see the sword?"

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:46 PM
Andrew silently unties the blade from his pack, and walks over to Master Ferron with it loosely gripped in his right hand. Resting the blade on his left hand, he holds it up to the old man.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:48 PM
As he draws it, he yet again feels time slow for a split second.

Ferron inspects the blade, leaning over and looking it up and down. "Oh, yes, this is the blade. But it's no more than ogre's than it is mine."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:50 PM
"Whose is it, then? If you aren't sure, Master, I'm still going to return it to him."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:52 PM
The master looks at you, grinning. "Quite simply, it's yours."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 02:55 PM
"What do you- Does this have something to do with the feeling you get when you wield it?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 02:59 PM
"Did time slow for you when you drew it? Just a split second, not long enough to make any real difference?"

Reynard
2010-05-09, 03:00 PM
"... Yes. How did you know?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 03:04 PM
"Because I've been around a while. I've studied for, and I learned a few things. I took that blade once a while ago, but gave it back when I realized I couldn't use it. Been waiting for someone who could, and you seemed the right type. Not strong enough, as most people who come to train with me could face that ogre if they wanted."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 03:05 PM
"What do you mean, not strong enough? I brought it back, didn't I? Maybe I didn't just stab him until he fell over, but I brought it back."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 03:07 PM
"That ogre could've crushed you. The blade only bonds with someone who takes it from another, stronger owner. In this case, you fit that bill."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 03:12 PM
"Strange. Hmm, it didn't just mean 'take' as in 'steal it' or 'kill for it', did it? It meant straight up asking for it..."

He looks at this sword, oversized for someone his age, and swishes it experimentally.

"I'm still going to take it back. It might be 'bonded' to me, but I made a promise."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 03:15 PM
"You don't know what that sword really is, my boy. It's not fit to sit in that ogre's cave for too long. You might have made a promise, but sometimes it's not smart to hold them.

"This blade requires intelligence and finesse, not the kind of thing an ogre has. That ogre might be able to speak Common, but he's not very bright."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 03:22 PM
"I suppose you have a point... I might not like it, but maybe it is best to go against my word, just this once... Does this mean you're going to train me?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 03:24 PM
Ferron grins devilishly. A sword appears in his hand from nowhere, seemingly, and he swings at Andrew, disarming him.

"This answer your question? Now, pick up your blade and I'll start teaching you."

(Time skip very soon)

Reynard
2010-05-09, 03:28 PM
Andrew eagerly drops his pack off of his shoulders, undoes his sword-belt, and takes his fathers bastard sword in two hands. Dropping into a fighting stance his father had taught him, he gets ready for the masters next attack.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 03:38 PM
Ferron, grinning, launches an assault against the boy in a rather uneven match.

So they trained for four years, Andrew slowly growing to match his master. While Ferron could beat him most of the time, Andrew could hold his own against his master for longer periods.

Andrew's family found and purchased a small home within the town, named Palderville. Andrew switched back and forth between his family's house and his master's.

One day, however, Andrew returned to his family's house to find it oddly empty. Both his mother and sister were gone. The only evidence was a small piece of parchment with nothing more than a symbol Andrew would easily recognize it; it was that of King Antanas.

(Congrats, you are now level 6 with Leadership as a bonus feat)

Reynard
2010-05-09, 04:12 PM
After a moments panicked searching, Andrew regains enough self control to realize they're long gone. He runs out into the street, and starts grabbing people.

"Did you see them?!"

"Did you see who took them?!"

"DID ANYBODY SEE ANYTHING?!"

Gather Info: [roll0]

((Sheet is updated, except I didn't buy any gear or add the rapier to it.
EDIT: Oh yes, and dice hate me.))

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 04:14 PM
The people look at you, shocked. Unfortunately, no one has seen anything.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 04:17 PM
"Screw you, then" He growls, before sprinting to Master Ferron's home.

"Master Ferron! Master Ferron! He's taken them, the bastard's taken them!"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 04:18 PM
"Why do you sound so surprised?" he asks calmly, sitting outside.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 04:24 PM
"Because...Because...Because we weren't going to go back... Because I just wanted them to be safe..."

Andrew's quite visibly agitated. He keeps running his hands through his hair and clutching at one sword hilt or another.

"...Why do you sound so unsurprised?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 04:27 PM
"He's been out to get you since day one, hasn't he? He's going for your weak spot now. He's drawing you out, my boy, and I'm sure you're going to confront him."

Ferron folds his arms across his chest. "I believe you can. But you're going to need some back-up first."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 04:30 PM
"Back up? Is... Is this why you've been teaching me the ways of the White Raven? To lead men to battle?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 04:34 PM
"Part of it, yes. You're a prince after all, and it's your job to lead. As for Diamond Mind, your mind is abnormally keen. You can use it easily.

"The rapier you found is yours to take. Its powers won't fully awaken until you've met other requirements, but I personally don't know what they are."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 04:37 PM
"...Thank you. Do you know where I can find men and supplies, and fast? Or should I just pursue the kidnappers and pick up men along the way?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 04:42 PM
"...Thank you. Do you know where I can find men and supplies, and fast? Or should I just pursue the kidnappers and pick up men along the way?"

"A larger city is on your way North. You can find supplies and men there. The name is Burrova.

"Now quickly! Time is of the utmost importance!"

Reynard
2010-05-09, 04:49 PM
"Yes, thank you master. While I get my equipment, can you find someone to ready my horse?"

Before waiting for an answer, he's already inside and heading to Ferron's armory to retrieve his weapons, including the rapier he'd taken all those years ago. He'd never used it to spar with, judging it a bad idea, but he wasn't going to be doing much sparing from now on. Next, he heads up stairs and speedily puts all the equipment he might need into his pack, straps on his breastplate, buckler and sword-belt, and holsters/straps all of his weapons. The whole process takes about 20 minutes, before he's waiting in the stable for his horse to be ready.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 04:54 PM
Ferron has taken the liberty to prepare Andrew's horse himself. "Godspeed, Andrew. Take your rightful place."

(If Andrew's horse has any armor, he's got it on)

Reynard
2010-05-09, 05:06 PM
"Master... Again, thank you."

He gives a salute, crashing his right arm against his breastplate, then kicks his horse into a trot out of the stables. As he reaches the main road, he stops her and turns back to his master.

"Once I find my family, can I send them back here for their protection? I don't want them to be in any more danger than necessary, and a military campaign is hardly safe."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 05:19 PM
"I would be honored to, Prince Andrew," he says, bowing.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 05:28 PM
"This is goodbye, then."

Giving his horse a harder kick this time, he barrels out on to the road through town and then out along the north road. after a while, he has to slow down to save the horse.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 05:32 PM
"Good bye and good luck to you, Andrew!" Ferron calls out, waving.

It takes three and a half hours of travel on his horse, but Andrew reaches the town of Burrova. The sun is setting, and night is not the time for travel.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 05:34 PM
Looking around for an inn with a decent stable, Andrew keeps one hand on his hammer at all times.

((EDIT: The cohort (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=206236) is built, at least crunch-wise, just got her gear and personality/backstory (Which I could just ad-lib) to take care of.)

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 06:17 PM
The Stag and Boar seems to suit your needs. It's a comfortable inn with a fine stable, costing 5 sp for a night's stay.

(Am I the cohort or you?)

Reynard
2010-05-09, 06:21 PM
Greeting the stableboy, and tipping him 1sp, Andrew leaves his pack and warhammer on his horse and enters the Stag and Boar.

(I'll control her.)

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 06:44 PM
As Andrew enters the inn, he can hear the soft murmur of chatter between the patrons. The clink of dishes and eating utensils can also be heard.

A man attends the bar, dutifully scrubbing it with a worn rag. Several humans and a dwarf sit there, drinking their beverage of choice.

The other patrons are mostly humans or dwarves with the occasional halfling here and there.

A single Elven woman sits quietly in a corner, reading something. It is near impossible to guess her age, as it is with all elves, but it's likely she's relatively young. Most older elves steer clear of Recan cities, having had their fill in their younger days.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 06:58 PM
Conscious of his weapons and armour, Andrew approaches the barman.

"Do you have any rooms free?"

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 07:03 PM
The barman looks up. "Got sev'ral open. 'S two silvah a night."

The patrons turn and look at Andrew before turning back to their conversation. Clearly a man walking in fully armed is not a rare sight.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 07:17 PM
"Then I'll take a room for the night. Is stabling an added cost? I left my horse with your stableboy."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 07:19 PM
"Extra silvah, suh."

Reynard
2010-05-09, 07:30 PM
Andrew slides four silver pieces across the bar.

"A room and a mug of ale, then."

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 07:35 PM
The barman slides the coins off the counter and produces your drink. He returns to scrubbing with his rag.

(You gonna "introduce" your cohort, seeing as you control her?)

Reynard
2010-05-09, 07:45 PM
"Thanks. Have you heard or seen anything suspect recently? Like, for example, a couple of women being taken somewhere against their will? Or a group of men in a hurry?"

If the barman hasn't, Andrew continues to ask around the room, looking for anyone whose seen or heard of anything that might help him find his family.

(Yeah, soon.)

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 07:48 PM
Apparently, no one has seen anything like that. Andrew simply has no luck in finding anyon who has any idea of where his family has gone.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 08:12 PM
When he asks the Elven woman, rather than just a gruff denial, or a 'no, sorry', she respond with a question of her own.

"Why?"
"Have you or haven't you?"
"I haven't. But my question still stands."
"My mother and sister were kidnapped earlier today. I'm trying to catch up before I lose the trail. Sadly, I think I already have."
"Interesting..."
"Really. Now, if you'll-"
"I'm going to help you."
"What? Why?"
"I'm bored. There isn't nearly enough happening in this town. You're the first interesting thing to come in here."
"This isn't a game."
"Did I say it was? I know a game when I see one. But, I'm going to help you, simply because I've got nothing better to do."
"Fine. Just, don't expect me to trust you."
"Oh, I'm used to that." She says with a smile. "Meet me outside this inn in the morning."

Tired and slightly confused, Andrew just lets her leave the inn. He finishes his drink, then heads upstairs to his room.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 08:15 PM
Nothing of interest occurs. Andrew wakes up the next morning in his room on the second floor and is free to do as he pleases.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 08:25 PM
Taking a moment to go over his training, getting used to the forms of the Diamond Mind and White Raven, Andrew puts yesterdays events into some kind of perspective.

His highest priority was saving his family.
Then getting them to back to the relative safety of Master Ferron.
Then, making sure they wouldn't be sent after again. The most through method meant taking back the crown. So be it.

Strapping on his armour and equipment, he heads downstairs in the tavern and pays for some food.

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 08:32 PM
He receives his food around twenty minutes after paying. It's decent food, neither terrible nor anything to savor.

(Question: What's your Cha score again?)

Reynard
2010-05-09, 08:35 PM
The food might not be anything special, but Andrew has too much on his mide to care.

((15))

Woodsman
2010-05-09, 08:39 PM
(OK. Seeing how many followers you get. I'll be playing them, though you can pick race/gender/class)

Andrew finishes his meal. A few other patrons are there, but most are asleep.

Reynard
2010-05-09, 08:50 PM
((I don't think I have any, yet. My Leadership score (For followers) is, at most, 8. I need a score of 10 to get 5 level 1 mooks.))

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 02:03 PM
(This is true. I'm thinking ahead though.

All right, feel free to move on.)

Reynard
2010-05-10, 02:33 PM
Leaving his plate on his table, Andrew leaves the tavern from a side door into the stables, and tells the stableboy to get his horse ready for him to leave. He then leaves the stables and waits for... the Elven woman.

She hasn't told me her name, but she's decided to come along and help? Well, if she slows me down to much, I'm going to have to leave her in the next town.

While he waits, his horse is eventually brought out of the stables, and he spends a moment to go through the packs on it's back, making sure nothing had been stolen in the night.

While he's doing this, he starts to feel uncomfortable, as if someone is standing right behind him. But every time he looks around, nobody's there.

Bored of waiting for the Elf, he clambers up onto the horses back.

And there she is. Standing right next to where he'd been standing just seconds before.

"Aw, you waited for me." In the dim light of the inn last nigh, Andrew hadn't been able to get a clear look at her, but he could see he now. She was pretty, by Human standards, but going by Elves he remembered from his boyhood, she was fairly ordinary. Straight black hair, held out of her brown eyes by a combination of ears and headband, finely-made leather armour, an attractive face.

"How long were you standing there?"
"About three minutes, I can't hold the spell for much longer."
"Spell? So, you're a wizard?"
"No, I'm an explorer. Magic helps me get around, it isn't my life. Now, let me get my horse and equipment, and we can leave."
"You didn't think to bring it with you?"
"Nope. The spell wouldn't have worked then, you'd have heard the horse."

A few minutes later, she returns with her horse, a bay-coloured mare.
"So, where first?"
"I lost the trail, remember."
"So, how do you suppose you're going to find it again?"
"Honestly? I don't know."
"Let me show you how it's done. Come on."

((Now, let's see what a real Gather Info check looks like.
[roll0]+10 from skill, +4 from Inspiration Point.))

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 02:44 PM
(Ooh, that'll do)

After an hour or so of questioning, you finally find a lead.

An oddly robed man had passed through the day before. He was of a peculiar sort, the kind who usually didn't come into town unless they needed something peculiar from one of the more specialty shops.

He had been traveling with an entourage of seven horsemen. Most were unusually stiff, but two of them seemed rather slim to be proper horsemen. One was especially so.

They were heading North to Sahil from what the two could gather.

Reynard
2010-05-10, 03:01 PM
"Thank you. Thank you very much." replies Andrew, flicking the pair a silver piece each.

"To Sahil, then?"
"Yes. It's our only lead."

The pair leave town at a steady pace trying to gain on Andrew's family. Seven travel slower than two, hopefully they could make some ground.

(I think we're going to need some cash soon. Related, can I just give Aelali a 'pack of stuff' that costs however much gold she has left over? In this pack, there'll be nothing specific, but she can pull anything that might come in handy out of it, reducing it's price by the cost of the item. Once that hits zero, the pack is empty. I only ask because 3300gp is a lot to spend.)

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 03:09 PM
(I think we're going to need some cash soon. Related, can I just give Aelali a 'pack of stuff' that costs however much gold she has left over? In this pack, there'll be nothing specific, but she can pull anything that might come in handy out of it, reducing it's price by the cost of the item. Once that hits zero, the pack is empty. I only ask because 3300gp is a lot to spend.)

Yeah, that's cool.

Reynard
2010-05-10, 03:26 PM
((Okay. Well, her sheets done, then.))

Reynard
2010-05-10, 04:00 PM
((Are you waiting for me to post something?))

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 04:02 PM
((Are you waiting for me to post something?))

(Well, I'd kind of like you two to exchange names before I continue on with anything).

Reynard
2010-05-10, 04:12 PM
((...Whoops.))

As they rode along, Andrew realised something. She still hadn't told him her name.

"Hey, is there any reason you won't tell me your name?"
"Hmm? Wait, I haven't told you yet?" She lets out a little laugh. "Oh, I'm sorry. My name's Aelali Valylae."
"Hang on... Have I told you mine?"
"Hmm... Oh, no you haven't." Another little laugh.
"It's Andrew. Andrew Everard."

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 05:41 PM
As you travel through a wooded area, shadows flit about you, unnerving the horses.

(Make a Spot Check)

Reynard
2010-05-10, 05:57 PM
"Aeria, aeria."
"Shh, easy"
"You see anything that might have spooked them?"

Andrew's: [roll0]
Aelali's: [roll1]

((Fail elf. Should be +10, I forgot her racial bonus. Not that it matters.))

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 06:57 PM
Nothing. Just the shadows and the trees casting them.

The horses calm down slightly at your voices, but still appear nervous.

Reynard
2010-05-10, 07:04 PM
"...Nothing. Come on, we've got to get a move on."

The pair spur their horses onward, and the beasts comply, eager to get out of the trees.

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 07:25 PM
A pale figure suddenly bursts from the gloom, attacking Aelali's horse, howling furiously. It wields a greataxe in its paws, and it appears to have the head of a hyena.

Attack results to be put later.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Also, roll initiative.

Reynard
2010-05-10, 07:49 PM
Andrew:[roll0]
Aelali:[roll1]

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 07:51 PM
[roll0]

Results TBD. Uno momento.

Edit: Oh, wow.

I'm gonna have to double post.

Woodsman
2010-05-10, 07:53 PM
The beast howls with its unknown rage, intent on striking Aelali now.

In its anger, though, it totally whiffs.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Reynard
2010-05-10, 08:35 PM
"Cylia mor!"

Aelali jumps off of her horse, putting it between her and the beast, then with a gesture of her hand she explodes in a hail of multicoloured light, focused on the creature. When it clears, she's nowhere to be seen.

Andrew leaps from his horse moments after Aelali vanishes, swiftly drawing the rapier as he does so. He easily settles into a stance of the Diamond Mind discipline, and focuses his mind on preparing his body.

Aelali: Blinding Colour Surge, 2nd Lv (PHBII pg104). DC 15 will save, or it is blinded for 4 rounds. Whether or not it fails this save, Aelali is invisible for 4 rounds.

Andrew: Lots of things here. Okay, first, after the move action to get off the horse, and drawing the rapier as a free action, it's a swift one to activate the stance Pearl of Black Doubt (ToB pg64). Then, manifesting Vigor with 4pp for a nice shiny 20 temp hp.

Hp 104/84
PPoints left: 19

Current Stance: Pearl of Black Doubt.

Maneuvers Readied:
White Raven Tactics
Douse the Flames
Emerald Razor
Battle Leaders Charge

Hey, no rolls needed. Yay!

Woodsman
2010-05-11, 03:38 PM
[roll0]

The hyena man isn't blinded.

Reynard
2010-05-11, 03:51 PM
((Then it's his turn.))

Woodsman
2010-05-11, 03:58 PM
(Yep)

The thing, unable to see Aelali, focuses its attention on you, swinging powerfully.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Reynard
2010-05-11, 04:50 PM
The creature just manages to get past Andrews guard, but he doesn't seem much worse for wear.

Aelali appears on the opposite side of the creature from Andrew, hand outstreched towards the it. A pulse of blue light emits from her hand and hits the creature in the head.

Grunting off the attack, Andrew responds by lashing out at the creature, stabbing the rapier at it in a quick flurry.

Aelali moves behind it, then casts Daze Monster (PHB pg217). DC16 Will save this time, since it would have been flatfooted had she attacked.

Andrew's just going to full attack.
To Hit: [roll0] (+10 from BAB+Str, +2 from flank, +1 from weapon Focus, +1 because it's at least a masterwork rapier, being magical. If it's wrong, change it)
Damage: [roll1] (I've only put the damage from Str and the +1 from blade meditation, please add anything from it being magical)

To Hit: [roll2] (+5 from BAB+Str)
Damage: [roll3]

Hp 91/84
PPoints left: 19

Current Stance: Pearl of Black Doubt.

Maneuvers Readied:
White Raven Tactics
Douse the Flames
Emerald Razor
Battle Leaders Charge

Reynard
2010-05-11, 04:54 PM
First hit's a Crit threat.
Confirm: [roll0]
If it confirms: [roll1] extra damage (not including magic weapon bonus, if any.)

Woodsman
2010-05-11, 05:03 PM
Oh, it's dead now.

The thing howls and falls over, the greataxe falling out of its hands. It falls on its side, slightly curled in the throes of death.

Its skin seems to smolder faintly where the sunlight touches it.

Reynard
2010-05-11, 05:16 PM
Andrew wipes the blood off of his blade, then bends down to examine the creature.

"What the hell is it?"
"I'm not sure. Can you see it smoking? Whatever it was, it doesn't like the Sun."

As Aelali tries to work out if she knows what it is, Andrew straps it's axe onto his horse, and has a closer look at the creature.

((Aelali Knowledge (Arcana), in case it's a magical creature: [roll0]
Andrew Spot/Search: [roll1]/[roll2]))

Woodsman
2010-05-11, 05:48 PM
Andrew sees nothing.

Aelali recalls legend of creatures sensitive to sunlight, with one most notable springing to mind: vampire; however, this doesn't appear to be a vampiric gnoll, but it seems the closest thing.

Reynard
2010-05-11, 06:16 PM
"It's a vampire? So, what do we do with it?"
"It's not a vampire. That's the closest thing I could think of, that it's a vampire gnoll, but a vampire would know not to attack people in daylight."
"Maybe it's just stupid."
"It doesn't take intelligence to avoid doing things that get you killed."
"Well, it attacked us."
"That's... a good point. Well, it's dead now. We've got to catch up your family."

The pair mount up and set off in a gallop, trying to make up for lost time.

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 10:33 AM
(Sorry for lack of posting, been busy)

Unfortunately, you meet no one else on your path.

Eventually, your horses tire and begin moving along at a slow and steady pace. You cannot reach the next city before the sun sets, so you must make camp for the night.

Reynard
2010-05-13, 11:05 AM
Andrew looks up at the darkening sky.

"Damn. We'll need to camp, soon. Can you see anywhere sheltered, Aelali?"
"Don't you have a tent somewhere in that pack?"
"Yes. But it's a faff, and we're in a hurry."
"Then let's not bother finding shelter."
She suddenly turns her horse off of the road, into a small patch of scrub dotted with spots of grass. "This will do."
"Fine by me."

After he's layed out his bedroll, Andrew sets up a firepit with a moments work and a few rocks. While lighting it, a question comes to his mind.

"So, how do you want to do this?"
"I beg your pardon?"
"You know what I mean. Who gets the first watch?"
"Oh. Elves do not need sleep."
"But you do need to spend time in a trance."
"Four hours, yes..."
"Then I'll take first watch."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 11:28 AM
Nothing occurs during the night. Just flickering shadows that disappear as soon as one focuses on them, tricks played on the eyes at night.

The sun rises. You estimate it would take three more days of travel to reach the borders of Sahil, and an additional day to reach the capital, if you are unhampered and the weather is clear.

Reynard
2010-05-13, 11:32 AM
"Three days? Yeah, that seems about right."
"Can you think of a faster way than this?"
"Without teleporting? No."
"Then we keep on riding"

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 01:13 PM
You travel along for two days, with nothing in particular happening. You get the occasional odd feeling that something is watching, but nothing confronts you.

On the third day, you meet an old man leaning on a quarterstaff standing along the side of the road. He does not appear to be in a good condition. His clothes are torn and dirty, and his eyes seem empty. "Water," he begs.

Reynard
2010-05-13, 01:26 PM
Taking his waterskin, Andrew offers it to the man.

"Take mine."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 01:35 PM
"Thank you, sir," he responds, and drinks from it.

He returns it to you, now considerably lighter. He seems much stronger than before and begins walking down the road in the direction you came from.

Reynard
2010-05-13, 02:08 PM
"Sir, just a moment."

"Did you happen to pass around half a dozen horsemen a while ago? Two of them strangely thin?""

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 02:09 PM
The man pauses. "I saw them yesterday, as a matter of fact. Heading towards the capital."

Reynard
2010-05-13, 02:20 PM
"Yesterday? Then we are making ground, at least."
"Thank you very much for the information. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 02:22 PM
The man shakes his head. "Just let me go on my way>"

Reynard
2010-05-13, 02:51 PM
"Well. Thank you again."
"Let's close this gap a bit more."

Waving their goodbyes to the man, the pair spur on their horses.

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 05:06 PM
The man waves, saying, "Good luck!"

As you continue to race North, you glance back to find the man has gone.

Reynard
2010-05-13, 05:39 PM
"...Aelali? Did-"
"Yes..."
"Just checking. Come on, closing the gap, etc."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 06:12 PM
You ride for another day, reaching the capital's walls around noon.

A guard stands watch at the gate. "Halt! Who seeks entrance?"

Reynard
2010-05-13, 06:29 PM
"I'm Aelali Valylae, Elf of no particular homeland."
"Andrew Everard, hailing from Palderveiw. We're-"
"--An Elven mage and her human bodyguard. I've decided to visit this city for a few days, see the sights, trawl for rumors, find some new spells, etc, etc."

((Aelali bluff check: [roll0] (Yay Factotum!)))

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 06:30 PM
The guard blinks. "Andrew Everard? I've been told to expect ya. King Antanas wants ta see ya for some reason or other."

The gate creaks open slowly, wide open for the two of you to enter.

(If you're going to lie, you may want to use different names)

Reynard
2010-05-13, 06:36 PM
"Wait, what?"
"He said that the king want's to see you, Andy."
"I got that much. I want to know why."
"He also said he doesn't know."
"*sigh* Well, take me to your leader, then." he says to the guard.

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 06:42 PM
The man is waiting for you as you pass through the gate. It creaks closed again; apparently he wasn't the operator.

"If'n you'll follow me, suh, I'll take ya ta King Antanas," he says, waving his hand for you to follow him. His stride takes him along a familiar path to Andrew.

After about half an hour, you reach the castle, both familiar and foreign to Andrew. Aesthetically, not much has changed, but the air surrounding it feels heavier, chilled. The guard shivers faintly as he pounds on the door.

"Oy! Andrew Everard for tha King!"

A slight pause follows before the iron bars creep upward, the heavy wooden doors swinging in to reveal the main hallway.

"I'll have ta ask ya to leave yer horse out here, suh and miss. Animals that size ain't normally allowed in the castle."

Reynard
2010-05-13, 06:50 PM
The pair dismount, and Andrew takes the time to un-attach most of his weapons and put them with his pack, except for the rapier, which stays at his waist. Aelali leaves of her weapons on her horse, as they're really only for show.

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 06:57 PM
The guard leads you to the throne room, where Antanas is sitting quietly. One foot rests on the other knee, and his fingertips are pressed together.

"Andrew. It's been such a long time. Four years, I believe?"

Reynard
2010-05-13, 07:04 PM
"At least four, your highness." Andrew say, bowing slightly.
"You know this guy, and he knows your first name?" whispers Aelali as she curtsies.
"Shh."

((So, I know this guy personally?))

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 07:05 PM
(Oh, you know him)

"Where have you been all this time? And what brings you here?" he inquires, a twisted grin forming on his face.

Reynard
2010-05-13, 07:14 PM
"Honestly? Not much happened after we left. We set up home in small town, my mother intending us to have happy lives there. That town grew dull, though. So I took up a career, Wandering Vagabond."

((AH, SPOT CHECK FAIL.))

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 07:15 PM
"And what of your mother and sister, hm?" the sickening grin grows wider.

Reynard
2010-05-13, 07:21 PM
"Do you know, I had been wondering that myself. See, I arrived back at their new home, intending a surprise visit. Can you imagine the surprise when they aren't there, your symbol is emblazoned on a piece of paper, and there are tales of horsemen traveling with a couple of companions that don't seem to fit in. A trail which led here, by the way."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 07:26 PM
A feigned look of shock comes over his face. "Why, I'm sure I had nothing to do with it."

Reynard
2010-05-13, 07:39 PM
"Really, I'm surprised you managed to fool the people, let alone the rest of the nobles. Or was it more of a case of threatening the nobles and having them lie to their people?"

"No, don't answer. I don't care to hear your maniacal plan. Draw your damn sword, I'm calling you out."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 07:44 PM
He chuckles, "You can't fight me. You're not even worth the effort."

He speaks a single word of power, and it feels as if you've been slammed in the head with your own hammer. Anything you're holding in your hands drops to the floor, and you cannot move.

As a favor to me, can you post both character sheets?

Reynard
2010-05-13, 07:55 PM
"Uh... You cheating bastard..."

Andrew. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=205185)
Aelali. (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=206236)

Also, Spellcraft Check: [roll0]
And, if Psionic-Magic Transparency: [roll1]

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 07:57 PM
"It's not cheating, Andrew, it's simply using what I have," he grins and steps up, standing before you.

"Now, I have a proposition for you. Would you care to hear it?"

(Aelial can recognize the spell as "Power Word: Stun")

Reynard
2010-05-13, 08:06 PM
"If it's 'don't make any attempts for the crown', that's what we were planning on doing..."

"...Andy, who.. who is this guy to you?..."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 08:08 PM
Now Antanas looks genuinely shocked. "You didn't know who he is? He was crown prince of this country, until his father died and I rightfully took the throne. It's a rather long story that I'd rather not get into now, though."

He looks to Andrew. "Oh, I had no doubts as to why you're here. Now, my proposition is this: complete several tasks for me, and I let your mother and sister go. Simple enough, right?"

Reynard
2010-05-13, 08:22 PM
"What-ugh-can I possibly do that you can't?"

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 08:25 PM
"You see Andrew, it's much easier to get people to do things for you instead of doing them yourself. You get your mother and sister back, and I get several jobs done. It's a win-win situation."

Reynard
2010-05-13, 08:34 PM
"...Fine."
"You know he's just going to screw you"
"What do you want?"

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 08:38 PM
"First things first. There's a coven of witches around a day's ride West of here. Apparently they've been trying to summon some sort of demon to their place. Their next attempt will be in three days, on the night of the new moon. I need you to stop them."

He steps back and sit down on his throne. "A simple enough task. The only problem is the number, not their individual power. I believe there are about seven."

Reynard
2010-05-13, 08:58 PM
"Oh, witches? Yes, send the, ugh, the guy who just got incapacitated by magic to fight seven wild women, all with magic. But, I have no choice."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 08:59 PM
"Oh, the spell will wear off. Right about now, actually," Antanas responds, a bit crossly.

"They don't have nearly the power I do. You stand a far better chance against them than you do me."

Reynard
2010-05-13, 09:18 PM
"Comforting. We'll be going. The sooner this is over, the better. For the record, you could have just threatened to take my family, and not have had to wait for me to get here."
"Ugh, I still feel a little, woozy"
"Let me help."

Helping Aelali out of the hall, Andrew doesn't even look back at the smug git on the throne.

"Can you ride?"
"Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better. Listen, Andrew, we need to talk."
"...I know. Lets do it out of earshot of these guards, okay?"
"I just want to get away from that...he's powerful."
"We'll camp outside the city, then. Let's get on with our mission, whether or not we want to."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 09:22 PM
Before you leave, Antanas calls out, "Has your mother grown... close, to anyone?"

Reynard
2010-05-13, 09:40 PM
"...You touch her and I won't care how powerful you are, I will find a way to kill you."

Woodsman
2010-05-13, 09:43 PM
He breaks out into laughter. "Oh, I have no interest in your mother. It's just that she claims to be with child. I don't know if it's true, but we'll find out in nine months or so, won't we?

"Ah, but I waste your time. Hurry along now; you're burning daylight."

Reynard
2010-05-13, 10:15 PM
Helping Aelali out of the hall, Andrew doesn't even look back at the smug git on the throne.

"Can you ride?"
"Yeah, I'm feeling a bit better. Listen, Andrew, we need to talk."
"...I know. Lets do it out of earshot of these guards, okay?"
"I just want to get away from that...he's powerful."
"We'll camp outside the city, then. Let's get on with our mission, whether or not we want to."

Woodsman
2010-05-14, 07:04 AM
The guard escorts you out. He seems shocked at the display that occurred within the throne room, but says nothing of it. After a while, he leaves you to your own devices

(You are now out of the guards' earshot).

Reynard
2010-05-14, 07:42 AM
"Let me help you up" says Andrew, trying to aid Aelali in getting on her horse.
"I'm fine, thanks. His spell wore off."
"Aelali, are you alright?"
"How are you? I just found out you're the... pyrn-shendraesol Prince of Sahil. Why didn't you think that was something I should know?" she snaps.
"Because I've known you all of three days, maybe? And...Drow-buggering? That's a new one."
"What? You speak Elven?"
"I can do a lot of things. But now isn't the time or the place. Let's get out of here. I'll explain later."

As they ride through the city, heading in the direction of the West gate, Andrew tries to strike up a conversation. In Elven.

<Look, you're mad at me. I don't know why, since we've known each other less than a week, so unless you're really trusting, this shouldn't really be a problem. But, I'm sorry.>
<I should just leave you to take care of this yourself.>
<You could do that. Antanas will be after your blood for what you know, though. Or rather, what he thinks you know.>
<Do you intend to actually kill these 'witches'? What if they're just medicine women on the bad end of a witch hunt>
<Kill? Who said anything about killing? Apart from Antanas. No, we're going to find out what they're actually doing, then decide what to do.>
<'We'?>
<You are coming, aren't you?>
<...yes.>

Woodsman
2010-05-14, 07:55 AM
You ride West, though you must stop halfway to set up camp. You will reach the town around noon the next day if you leave in the morning, leaving plenty of time to investigate.

Reynard
2010-05-14, 08:16 AM
"Andrew, let me do the talking today." says Aelali as they break camp. "We've got to tread carefully."
"You're right. Look, do you want-"
"No, no. It's your business."
"...Okay. Let's get going."

As they ride further West, Andrew keeps looking back east, not liking moving away from where is family is held.

Woodsman
2010-05-14, 09:09 PM
You reach the town about noon, just as you predicted. It seems almost like a ghost town, with buildings damaged and debris everywhere. The people milling about seem happy, though, as if they've just gotten over some great calamity.

There is still an air of uneasiness underlying, however, like something still holds sway over the people's minds.

Reynard
2010-05-14, 10:01 PM
<Look at this, we're only a day away from the capital, and look at this place. It's a wreck.>
<Shh. You don't want anybody who speaks Elven to hear.>
<Aelali, no such person exists here, apart from us. We should see what we can do to help them, while we're here.>

The two of them begin asking questions of the locals, Aelali doing the asking, trying to at least attempt some misdirection.
"Excuse me, can you tell me what happened here? Why are all the buildings destroyed?"

Woodsman
2010-05-14, 10:03 PM
"We were attacked by a bunch of zombies," one villager states, shuddering. "A band of professionals came in and cleaned it up, thank goodness, but it wasn't a pretty time. We lost nearly a quarter of our people, which is pretty large considering this is just a small town."

Reynard
2010-05-14, 10:09 PM
"Any idea where those zombies came from?"

Woodsman
2010-05-15, 09:45 PM
The villager thinks a moment and says, "The professionals said it was an infection caused by our crazy priest. He tried to bring back his son from the dead and something went wrong."

Reynard
2010-05-16, 08:35 AM
"What happened to the priest?"

Woodsman
2010-05-18, 03:17 PM
"What happened to the priest?"

(Woah, sorry, I thought I'd posted last. Gah.)

"He's locked up in the town jail now. He doesn't really say too much. Just ranting."

Reynard
2010-05-18, 03:31 PM
"The poor man. Has-"
<We should ask him about what happened.>
<Who? The priest? Why?.>
<Yes, the priest. And because it's the right thing to do. Besides, he might know something about these so-called witches.>
<Well, couldn't you have waited for me to stop talking to this man?>
"Sorry. I think we're going to be staying here for today, is there anything we can do to help out? And an Inn would be welcome."

Woodsman
2010-05-18, 04:09 PM
The man smiles. "Things are OK now. There's an inn just down the road. A little bit expensive for the average traveler, but it's a good place to stay."

Reynard
2010-05-18, 05:47 PM
"Thank you."
"Yes, thank you."

As the two walk away from the man, Andrew speaks. "So, the inn or the prison first? Since you seem to be in charge here."
"The inn. And don't give me that nonsense, we need to have a talk."

Reynard
2010-05-23, 03:28 PM
*Cough cough*

Woodsman
2010-05-23, 05:42 PM
(Sorry, sorry)

The inn is certainly higher-up than the one you visited laster. It's cleaner than the other, and it doesn't smell as bad.

There are a few patrons here and there, but the inn isn'y serving at this hour. No one appears to be attending at the moment.

Reynard
2010-05-23, 06:40 PM
((It's alright.))

Andrew stands at the bar, while Aelali scours what few patrons there are for information on both the priest and any reports of witches.

Gather Info (Priest and Witches): [roll0]

Gather Info (Witches): [roll1] (If two rolls are needed)

Woodsman
2010-05-23, 06:57 PM
The priest is definitely insane. Talking to him likely won't do you any good from what you can gather.

The witches, on the other hand, almost no one talks about. They suddenly remember some other commitment and walk away briskly. A few people do talk to you, though, albeit in hushed tones.

There are worries the witches were behind the zombie attack somehow, but other problems exist. One woman speaks of how the witches will attempt to summon a demon prince to this world from Hell, though she doesn't know how successful they'll be. She claims they gather on the night of the new moon, which happens to be tomorrow night.

Reynard
2010-05-23, 07:24 PM
Aelali, keeps her talking, and speaks a short spell, while sliding a copper piece across the table to the woman. She keeps her hand on it for now, however.

"Oh, don't worry, that was just a little luck charm. If you can tell me any more about these witches, I'll let you take this coin, which will bring you good fortune."

_____

Lies and misdirection! And casting Detect Thoughts (PHB 220) to pick up anything the woman might try to hide, keeping it focused on her for at least 18 seconds (3 rounds).

Bluff: [roll0] (Plus circumstance mods from the spell, if any.)

Woodsman
2010-05-23, 07:26 PM
She takes it, warily, thinking you might be one of the witches. She's decided whatever curse you put on it will bring lesser harm than if she refused.

Reynard
2010-05-23, 07:27 PM
Aelali smiles warmly at the woman.

Woodsman
2010-05-23, 07:29 PM
The woman decides now is the time to leave. She politely excuses herself before walking out of the inn, just a bit hastily.

Reynard
2010-05-23, 07:36 PM
((Did the mind reading find anything extra, like possible locations?))

Andrew knocks on the bar top, looking for the Innkeep.

Woodsman
2010-05-23, 07:37 PM
((Did the mind reading find anything extra, like possible locations?))

Andrew knocks on the bar top, looking for the Innkeep.

(Just to the West)

The Innkeep does show up in a minute or so, asking, "What?"

Reynard
2010-05-23, 07:42 PM
"I'd like to rent a room. Do you have one with two beds?"

Woodsman
2010-05-25, 05:30 PM
"Multiple rooms. One gold, please."

Reynard
2010-05-25, 05:36 PM
"Here you go." Responds Andrew, fishing a coin out of the pouch at his waist. "What do you know of the troubles this village seems to have been having?" he inquired, for surely an Innkeep would know of the local goings on.

_____

Aelali, for her part, was continuing her crusade against the patrons, now looking for rumors of areas to the west that could be described as 'grove-like'.

Woodsman
2010-05-25, 05:39 PM
The innkeep looks around quickly and leans in so that it's easier to hear his whispers. "We got a bit of a witch problem. If you know how to take care of it, please, do so by all means."
---
Aelali, unfortunately, gets nothing. The people are uneasy because of her inquiries.

Reynard
2010-05-25, 05:45 PM
"Ah, we'd heard about that. In fact, I think my companion is harassing you patrons right now, looking for information. I apologize for that. Do you know where these witches are meeting, or do you know of anyone that might?"

Woodsman
2010-05-25, 05:47 PM
He shakes his head. "Somewhere to the West. That's all we know. They usually need time to prepare, though, so if you look carefully today, you might find them. No one around here is brave enough, and I'm no exception."

Reynard
2010-05-25, 05:52 PM
"Well, we'll have a look, but I don't know if we can promise much. Know of anybody, hunters and the like, that know the area well?"

Woodsman
2010-05-25, 05:55 PM
He shakes his head again. "It's dangerous out there. Not many people head out that way anymore, not since people started going missing. Fortunately, that stopped when we stopped going there."

Reynard
2010-05-25, 06:06 PM
"Hmm. Keep our room waiting for us, we'll be back." Nodding to the Innkeep, he walks over to where Aelali is interrogating a baffled-looking old man and grabs her by the shoulders.

<Come on, we're heading West. I've booked our room, but we're going to see what we can see.>
<Don't sneak up on me like that. And how did you know we had to head West?>
<I used tact, and asked the Innkeep, rather then assaulting his customers.>

"Sorry about that, we're going to go look for these mad women ourselves."

The pair are soon mounted up, and heading West into the wilderness, looking for signs of witchcraft.

((What roll do you want?))

Woodsman
2010-05-26, 03:03 PM
(I'm honestly not sure what roll would apply to this. If you can think of one, go ahead.)

Reynard
2010-05-26, 03:12 PM
((I'll be comprehensive then.

Andrew:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Survival: [roll2]

Aelali:
Spot: [roll3] Spending Isnp point.
Listen: [roll4] Spending Isnp point.
Survival: [roll5] Spending Isnp point.))

Reynard
2010-05-28, 01:50 PM
((So, uh?))

Woodsman
2010-05-28, 02:43 PM
((Sorry. I think I'll have to put this on hiatus until mid-June when class gets out for me. Don't have time with everything coming up.))